Page 18 of 91 FirstFirst ... 8131617181920232868 ... LastLast

Thread: But For A Stone (A Matou Shinji Series AU)

Changing my vote to
    [x] Hermione started an argument with him, which caused Shinji to get angry, causing a blank in his mind (admitting to memory issues)

Last edited by Desann; January 16th, 2018 at 02:10 PM.

Blog Entries
    anyone would ask 'okay, you had an argument, then what?
    Then it's obvious you are not willing to pursue on the subject? Nobody is forcing Shinji to even answer in the first place if he is not willing to.

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Where to study Occlumency? [x] Miyuki's Greenhouse Space
    What Happened? [x] Hermione started an argument with him, which caused Shinji to get angry, causing a blank in his mind (admitting to memory issues)

Natsumi frowns on hearing that Hermione somehow drove her...friend into this sort of state. Admittedly, she doesn't know much about this sort of thing, but memory loss is something that is very serious.

"What did she say to you?" she asks, her voice sharp, before she looks down. "I mean...if you don't mind saying..."

[ ] (write-in)

After he answers, she nods.

"I see. Matou...do you usually have problems remembering things? Is that why you're practicing Occlumency?"

How does Shinji answer?

[ ] Say that she's right
    [ ] Say that he wants to defend his mind against legilemency
    [ ] Say that he has secrets he wants to protect
    [ ] Say that its a way to do better in school
    [ ] (write-in)

And on a less depressing note, Selina has another question: Of these various characteristics, which do would you value least? (aka, what's your dump stat)

[ ] Strength
    [ ] Intelligence
    [ ] Dexterity
    [ ] Wisdom
    [ ] Constitution
    [ ] Charisma
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

Blog Entries
    [x] Tell Natsumi exactly what he remembers from his exchange with Hermione.

[x] Say that she is half-right. He started studying it for a different reason but Occlumency is one tool that might allow to fix what is wrong with him.

[x] Strength.

[x] Say that she is half-right. He started studying it for a different reason but Occlumency is one tool that might allow to fix what is wrong with him.

[x] Constitution

I have no issues with the two write in so I guess I will throw my vote for them.

Thought will Shinji at least explain that his memory issue is not fully caused by Hermione, (Garden one was not her fault), so that she does not go on a complete warpath.

I am not sure that Shinji limited himself to just one reason to why he is study Occlumency, its kinda been an all of the above kind of thing.

I would recommend not making constitution as our dump stat. Les we make Shinji the next Nigel where a swift breeze can knock him out. Wizrard's are already fragile as it is. One of my friends is currently playing a wizard with a Con 6. His hit points is 1d4-2 each level, so yeah let's just say that he does not go rushing into battle with that kind of constitution. Heck just being near danger at that point is a bad idea. And Shinji loves danger too much to not head towards it so best to not tank CON.

[X] STR
    All wizards are likely going to have to tank one of their physical stats. Most pick Dex causing them to just stand still while under fire, relying on spells for defense. I prefer to still be able to dodge so that leaves me having to tank STR. Sadly this means that we can not carry so much loot but hey that what bags of holding are for.

RIP Ax-Sword wielding Shinji - Ok so that was never a thing, but still.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; January 16th, 2018 at 10:27 PM.

If we have a chance I would like befriend Rin so we can learn some martial arts.

[x] Strength.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

[x] Strength.

Quote Originally Posted by skulkidcachi90 View Post
    If we have a chance I would like befriend Rin so we can learn some martial arts.
    That's going to require some extra effort, such as going out of your way to give her a gift. Right now, with as many issues as Shinji has, I'm not sure if his mind is in the right place for that.

On one evening in October, a week before Halloween, Shinji is invited to an informal little tea party with Natsumi, Selina and Amber. Of course, there are other things he could be doing as well. Miyuki has offered to show him a few things about herbology. Nigel (and Sokaris) has invited him to dinner, where literature and history will no doubt be discussed. And of course, he could hang out with Ernie / better explore the castle, depending what he's interested in.

What does he choose?

[ ] Tea party with Natsumi, Selina & Amber
    [ ] Herbology & Tea ceremony training with Miyuki
    [ ] Dinner with Nigel & Sokaris
    [ ] Hanging out with Ernie and Phelan
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; January 17th, 2018 at 11:46 AM.
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

[x] Herbology & Tea ceremony training with Miyuki

We don't want to get a dragon in the face, right?

[x] Dinner with Nigel & Sokaris
    I would be ok the Ernie option winning too.

We are spending a lot of time with Miyuki and Natsumi, we better try to hang out with other people too.

[x] Tea party with Natsumi, Selina & Amber

Blog Entries
    On the fence between the tea party and spending time with Ernie.

If the latter have him meet with Phelan, I will pick it over meeting with Amber.

Amber and Shinji don't have the most compatible personalities. While Natsumi being present would certainly make the introduction smoother, I fear what will happen if the overprotective brother hears of a guy, who he hasn't even talked to, had tea with his sis. Better befriend the bro first, then go through the mandatory sister introduction. If anything, you would need his approval (or at least tolerance) if you want to date Amber.

More herbology can't hurt but the Nigel choice certainly sounds ominous (with Shinji's History debuff).
    Last edited by Daiki; January 17th, 2018 at 09:23 AM.

Change my vote too.
    [x] Hanging out with Ernie

I couldn't care less about hanging out with Ernie to be fair. He is a nice guy but does he offer Shinji tea or light refreshments?

No this question boils down to me the age old question of Earl Grey vs Green Tea. Miyuki or Natsumi's Tea party. The epic choose of the west vs east.

I don't think that going to one tea party is going to flag the protective side of Phelen. I think he knows that Amber can handle herself if the commoners step out of line. Its not like they are drinking tea by themselves behind closed doors.

Can't choose between the two so I rolled a die to decide.

[X] Herbology & Tea ceremony training with Miyuki

Blog Entries
    Picking Ernie is all about going on an adventure! Don't you want to emulate (low scale) Lockhart?

Also, a big thing playing against the tea party (for me) is not seeing Draco serving drinks.

Life its an adventure.
    I like Ernie he looks like a nice guy to hang out.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Current tally:

[2] Herbology & Tea ceremony training with Miyuki
    [2] Hanging out with Ernie & Phelan
    [1] Tea party with Natsumi, Selina & Amber

[x] Hanging out with Ernie & Phelan