Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 101518192021222530 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 621

Thread: But For A Stone (A Matou Shinji Series AU)

  1. #381
    Oh yeah....I am so glad we did not pick any of the Tea options. This is so better.
    Funny how you forget than you wanted come back to the bathroom.
    Really guys what were you thinking?.

    [x] Ask Hermione to help Filch and go down the pipe.

    This is already a mess, but I not gonna leave the boys alone.
    Last edited by skulkidcachi90; January 21st, 2018 at 03:31 PM.

  2. #382
    [x] Ask Hermione to help Filch and go down the pipe.
    I don't think Shinji can make things better, so may as well continue adventure and see where the rabbit hole goes. I wanted to vote to take Hermione with him, but someone need to look for Filch.

  3. #383
    [X] Levitate the body to the Hospital and have Pomfrey summon Dumbledore to explain what happen.

    We need to explain what happen but first we need to make sure that Argus does not die so that we can weaken the murder calls and start forming a defense for the boys while the other two go on to discover the CoS. Actually caring about Flitch and getting him medical treatment if he is not in fact dead goes along way to fight the cries of murder.

    Damage control, its important to get your message heard now and not later after Mrytle has fan the rumor mills.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; January 21st, 2018 at 04:07 PM.

  4. #384
    Don't leave the guys alone people you get in this mess with them, so end this mess with them

  5. #385
    Quote Originally Posted by Desann View Post
    [x] Ask Hermione to help Filch and go down the pipe.
    Hemione thinks that Shinji is the devil, and will not under any means going to listen to Shinji. She is going to go report her version of the incident, IE Shinji cold blooded murder someone, to all who listen to her if you let her and this option does just that. All for the sake of finding the CoS.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; January 21st, 2018 at 04:05 PM.

  6. #386
    Hemione thinks that Shinji is the devil, and will not under any means going to listen to Shinji. She is going to go report her version of the incident, IE Shinji cold blooded murder someone, to all who listen to her if you let her and your option does that. All for the sake of finding the CoS
    I doubt that Hermione even with her opinion of Shinji will leave unconscious Filch. After that she will report her version, but if Shinji remains it will be his version agains hers, and he just wounded Filch and broke part of Hogwards. If we going with boys, at least later it will be three vs one, Ernie and Phelan will help explain what they tried to do. And honestly, if we started this mess together I prefer to go along and end it together.

  7. #387
    [X] Levitate the body to the Hospital and have Pomfrey summon Dumbledore to explain what happen.

    As discussed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Desann View Post
    I doubt that Hermione even with her opinion of Shinji will leave unconscious Filch.
    She's likely to run since she lost her only means to defend herself from the monster who attacked her earlier.

    It's better to show a gesture of good faith rather than trying to come up with an alibi. Tending to Argus will negate Hermione's accusation of attempted murder. All there will be left is that he created a gap in the wall and accidentally wounded someone.

    Dumbledore will be much more lenient if you do that rather than when he probes Ernie and Phelan's minds, which are easier to scan than Shinji's. A little bit of Legillimency and the whole three vs one becomes irrelevant.
    Last edited by Daiki; January 21st, 2018 at 04:29 PM.

  8. #388
    She's likely to run since she lost her only means to defend herself from the monster who attacked her earlier.
    But Shinji is going down the pipe so she don't need to run from him anymore?

  9. #389
    Quote Originally Posted by Desann View Post
    I doubt that Hermione even with her opinion of Shinji will leave unconscious Filch. After that she will report her version, but if Shinji remains it will be his version agains hers, and he just wounded Filch and broke part of Hogwards. If we going with boys, at least later it will be three vs one, Ernie and Phelan will help explain what they tried to do. And honestly, if we started this mess together I prefer to go along and end it together.
    One: Hermione thinks Filch is dead. You do not treat the dead so I am not sure she will jump up and help him. No she is more concern at stopping Shinji and/or getting an teacher than checking the body as she is panicking.

    Two: Three vs one might be better, but not if their actions show no concern for life. As at that point Shinji would have ran away from knowing that his actions caused Filch death/injury and choose to run away. Its hard to give the benefit of the doubt to Shinji if his very actions reinforce the accusers claims.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; January 21st, 2018 at 04:34 PM.

  10. #390
    One: Hermione thinks Filch is dead. You do not treat the dead so I am not sure she will jump up and help him. No she is more concern at stopping Shinji.
    Well, if Shinji will say something like "Filch is alive, help him" before he jump into the pipe, she probably at least try to check if Filch is alive and need help.

  11. #391
    I think the moment he broke her wand, she was already running in her mind. He not only disarmed her, he displayed wandless and wordless magic on her. That means he is dangerous even when unharmed and while being in human form.

  12. #392
    Traps Are Love Nanao-kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    26
    Posts
    630
    Blog Entries
    2
    Honestly not sure what to vote for. Don't really like the current tied votes either.

    I'll just throw caution to the wind then.

    [X] Toss her down the pipe so your colleagues can deal with her

  13. #393
    [X] Levitate the body to the Hospital and have Pomfrey summon Dumbledore to explain what happen.

    Well, that escalated quickly. Let's see if we still can save the day.

  14. #394
    The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,051
    US Friend Code
    042446355
    Blog Entries
    25
    [X] Levitate the body to the Hospital and have Pomfrey summon Dumbledore to explain what happen.




    Despite a part of his mind screaming to him that he should just silence Granger by seizing her with telekinesis before tossing her down the pipe, where his comrades could deal with her, or that he should try to reason with her or make her forget what she saw by forcing some Lethe River Water down her throat, the boy let her go, though it wasn't because of his strong sense of morality. Rather, it was because, caught up by indecision, he'd been unable to act before she turned the corner and left his sight, no longer screaming as every bit of oxygen in her lungs was saved for helping her flee from the monster - the murderer - who had appeared before her eyes.

    'Murder...' Shinji's mind echoed numbly. Granger thought that he'd murdered Filch. He...he'd never meant to...to kill...wait. 'Kill? It's only murder if Filch is dead, right?'

    A sudden spot of hope flared in the boy's chest as he remembered this. 'If Filch isn't dead, then I'm not a murderer.'

    Yes. That was it exactly.

    He wasn't a murdered. If Filch wasn't dead.

    Not that he could tell if the man was or not, with the sink crushing the caretaker's chest, with the fallen man's form silent and unmoving.

    'Right...let's move it.'

    Using a bit of telekinesis, the boy lifted the heavy sink off of the man and shoved it aside, revealing that the man now looked quite pale - and that he didn't seem to be breathing. Not that Filch's head looked much better, as it was covered in blood and seemed...as if it had been caved in, as one might expect when a heavy projectile like an ancient sink smashes into a man at high speeds.

    'I...I have to take him to Madame Pomfrey.'

    It wasn't as if he knew the vanishing spell, and dumping the body into the pipe wouldn't help, as he imagined someone would find it eventually - probably Myrtle or something, since she wouldn't be deterred by physical barriers or the cold and the dark.

    'Unlike Ernie and Phelan...' he thought to himself, hoping the two were ok, after they'd leaped without looking, into the darkness. He was tempted to join them, in case some danger - maybe some great beast - a dragon or snake or spider - lay within, but... 'No. If I do that, then Filch will die, and we really will be killers.'

    "Are you ok down there?" he shouts instead, into the pipe - but there is no answer, something which worries him gravely. Perhaps they were simply out of earshot. Maybe. That would be the best possible thing, wouldn't it? But if...if... 'I can't worry about that. I can't. I don't have the luxury to worry.'

    So he told himself as he gestured, and Filch's body lurched into the air, as if an invisible hand had tied a rope around his chest, his head and limbs dangling loosely and flopping about as he walked out of the bathroom, to--

    "Going somewhere, Mister Matou?" Professor Quirrell inquired mildly, an eyebrow raised as the Defense Professor caught sight of the startled boy - and the limp form of the caretaker floating behind him - well, before Shinji dropped Filch to the ground in shock.

    "P-professor!" the boy stammered, as he hadn't expected to see anyone in the hallway.

    "Mister Matou, please, it is no good to simply leave trash laying on the ground," the man continued, glancing over at the broken body of Filch. "Littering is against the rules, after all."

    "Eh?" Shinji felt his mind freeze. What...was Quirrell saying?

    "You wished to take him to the infirmary where the good Matron can see him, yes?" the Defense Professor inquired, to which Shinji could only nod. "I expect there was some kind of...misunderstanding, which is why Miss Warren came flying to my office in a panic? Followed by Miss Granger?"

    "Miss Warren?" Shinji echoed, before shaking his head. "I mean, yes! There was a misunderstanding."

    "I see. Then you won't mind if I come with you?" the Defense Professor asked casually. "Just to make sure you both get there safely, and free of harassment?" The man paused. "Or would you prefer I check on your...friends, who I imagine went headlong into the hidden tunnel in the bathroom? Dangerous business that. Who knows what could be living under there?"

    "H-how?"

    "Miss Warrren told me, of course," Quirrell answered smoothly, his lips curving up into a thin smile. "Or as you students like to call her, Moaning Myrtle. The last victim of the Chamber of Secrets."

    Shinji's stomach lurched.

    "Well, I shan't keep you, Mister Matou. But which will it be? Do you wish for me to accompany you to the infirmary, or to rescue your friends from whatever danger lies below?" the man asked. "Answer quickly - poor Argus' life won't last much longer. If he even is still alive, that is."

    Which will it be?

    [ ] Ask Quirrell to come with him - Ernie and Phelan can wait
    [ ] Ask Quirrell to help Ernie and Phelan - he's worried about what might have happened to them
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; January 22nd, 2018 at 05:18 PM.
    "The palaces of kings are built upon the ruins of the bowers of paradise." - Thomas Paine

  15. #395
    [X] Ask Quirrell to come with him - Ernie and Phelan can wait

    There is a life in a critical condition that needs help now, as oppose to two people that only are suspected to needing help and are not known to be in life threatening condition at this moment. First response rules of treatment apply here. A person in critical condition comes first. Two people can move this body faster than one.

    Thought I would say as soon as a perfect or responsible adult can take over escorting Shinji to the hospital that Quirell pass off the torch to them so that someone helps the boys asap. Honesty, the walk to the Hospital can not be that far, they are on the same floor, first floor. As oppose to the defense professors office that located on the second floor (it is the class room that I believe is on the first) so Hermione traveled quite fast indeed.

    Even if the Hospital is close I am strongly suspecting that Shinji could not make it there on his own without someone throwing spells in his direction thinking they are doing good by stopping him. And random spells flying around can not be good for Argus health. Especially since someone stunning Shinji is just going to cause the floating body to drop hard on the ground and that will kill him for sure.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; January 22nd, 2018 at 05:49 PM.

  16. #396
    [X] Ask Quirrell to come with him - Ernie and Phelan can wait.

    The boys are only in trouble if Quirrell has awaken the snake and left the chamber open. But at this point, it seems not only too early to resort to that, but also rather careless. So a conditional danger. While Argus has near 100% chance to die if Shinji splits with the teacher.
    Last edited by Daiki; January 22nd, 2018 at 09:15 PM.

  17. #397
    [X] Ask Quirrell to come with him - Ernie and Phelan can wait.

  18. #398
    Somehow I've got the feeling that the non-chosen party would die... But okay, in-game we don't know that the CoS is down here, while Filch is before us and hurt badly.

    [X] Ask Quirrell to come with him - Ernie and Phelan can wait.

  19. #399
    ぷよ使い Puyo Mage fallacies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Great Garden of Cats
    Posts
    615
    [x] Ask Quirrell to come with him - Ernie and Phelan can wait

  20. #400
    The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,051
    US Friend Code
    042446355
    Blog Entries
    25
    [X] Ask Quirrell to come with him - Ernie and Phelan can wait




    The man nods once upon hearing Shinji's answer.

    "Come along then, Mister Matou," the Defense Professor states, wordlessly gesturing as the body of Argus Filch went rigid and stiff, before floating up into the air. "I am surprised to hear that you are less concerned about the danger your friends may be in than with the life of a stranger, though for future reference, you should always immobilize the head and neck of someone with such...injuries before transporting them." He smiles grimly. "Otherwise, your...patient may end up paralyzed. Or worse. And wouldn't that be hard to explain, considering the situation at hand?"

    On that note, the man glance meaningfully at Shinji, who swallows, but falls into step next to the professor.

    "What...did you hear, Professor?" he asked, feeling quite uneasy. "From...from Myrtle, that is," he clarifies, uncomfortable under the Defense professor's raptor stare.

    "Miss Warren informed me that you and your colleagues killed Argus in a rage after he caught you vandalizing the bathroom," Quirrell informs him. "As for poor Miss Granger, well, she was somewhat incoherent when she rushed into my office."

    "I-I didn't ask about Granger," Shinji says thickly, but doesn't meet the man's eyes. "I don't really care about her, either."

    "Really?" Quirrell questions. "How disappointing. She's always talking about you, after all. Odd, that, but then, you were only one to pass my trial without even seeing your partner."

    "I...uh, are you saying she's jealous, or...?"

    Quirrell chuckles.

    "I am simply amused by her...fascination with you," the man explains. "It is...rather charming, I have to say."

    "Charming?!" Shinji almost hisses, his composure absolutely shot by the man's words. "How is that...?"

    "Are you not flattered?" Quirrell asks. "It is rare that the attention of someone as dedicated as Miss Granger turns from her books towards something more...practical, after all. Unless there is some other reason..."

    Shinji's thoughts drift for a bit, though as usual when it comes to Hermione, it is a mix of pity and anger that wells up.

    "I think she doesn't understand why Sokaris prefers my company to hers," the boy states, as Quirrell looks at him appraisingly. "She must think I'm holding onto her weakness or something, but it's not like that at all. I don't think anyone likes a bossy know-it-all like Granger, especially one who isn't as smart as she thinks she is."

    "You will find, Mister Matou, that very few people are as smart as they think they are," the Defense Professor notes simply. "Especially Ravenclaws."

    "...weren't you a Ravenclaw yourself, Professor?"

    "I was. Hence I speak from experience."

    They passed a number of older students, who had been alerted by the screaming wraith of Myrtle Warren about murder, though seeing Quirrell walking beside Filch's broken body, and a quiet Shinji next to them, they simply let them pass. After all, surely the Defense Professor had things well in hand.

    Without further incident, they arrive at the infirmary, where an alarmed Madame Pomfrey takes charge of Filch's body immediately, her features grim as she begins examining the man.

    "Quirinus, go get the Headmaster immediately!" the nurse matron's voice commands. "We need an immediate Floo connection to St. Mungo's, or this man will die."

    "You can't treat him here, Poppy?"

    "I don't have the resources, Quirinus. Get Albus now."

    The man nods and complies without further argument.

    "As for you, Matou, if you have nothing to do with this, please leave, or at least wait quietly in a corner. I cannot afford any distractions if I am to try and save Argus' life."

    Does Shinji...

    [ ] Follow Quirrell to the Headmaster's Office
    [ ] Wait in a corner
    [ ] Go back to the bathroom to check on his friends

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •