Page 67 of 91 FirstFirst ... 17576265666768697277 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1809

Thread: But For A Stone (A Matou Shinji Series AU)

I don't regret Nothing.

"when you throw yourself at anyone else who gives you even a scrap of kindness".

HA.
    Totally worth it.

I going to wait to vote in this one.

[X] Natsumi, dressed in her pajamas

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    [X] Natsumi, dressed in her pajamas

"Matou-kun!" Natsumi called out, frozen by the scene of destruction she was seeing - and how Shinji was laying in the wreckage, in the center of all of it, his skin blistered and raw, his clothes no more than tatters. "Matou-kun, what happened?" she asked, rushing over to him.

How does Shinji answer?

[ ] (Partial truth) Talk about his nightmares and his...accidental magic
    [ ] (Truth) Tell her about his monstrous self - he's tired of hiding it
    [ ] (Lie) Say that he doesn't know
    [ ] (Lie) Say that someone must have tried to kill him
    [ ] (write-in)
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

[X] (Truth) Tell her about his monstrous self - he's tired of hiding it

Alf in this option Shinji still discuss about his dream?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skulkidcachi90 View Post
    Alf in this option Shinji still discuss about his dream?
    Yes, the truth would involve his dreams and his demonic form.
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; August 21st, 2018 at 07:38 PM.
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

[x] (Truth) Tell her about his monstrous self - he's tired of hiding it

Blog Entries
    [x] (Truth) Tell her about his monstrous self - he's tired of hiding it.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Smile

The words spilled out, one after another. His relationship with his family, such that it was. The fact that he was an Obscurial. That he had...anger issues, to put things, mildly. That he...well, wasn't a monster, but was someone that people should be afraid of.

The room said nothing, but continued to exist in its ruined state.

Natsumi absorbed the verbal torrent without comment, even as the boy all but fell over when he tried to get up and - trying to grab her for stability, ended up pulling her down with him, with the two ending up in an awkward tangle where she was seated on the ground, and his head was planted in her lap.

"Um..."

"I - sorry," the boy yelped, jerking away, with the motion causing his leg to enter a shaft of moonlight, illuminating the place where metal had melted over his skin - had burned his flesh, in fact, in molten rivulets. Only he didn't notice the pain, because he couldn't feel anything, really. "Huh. Weird."

Which was about the point when Natsumi jammed a vial into his mouth and poured the content down his throat, with the boy gasping and shuddering as skin...regrew itself, and his burns disappeared, as if they never were.

"What."

"...I already knew," the brunette murmured, with Shinji's face a mix between being flabbergasted, shocked and...a bit happy.

"H-how?" he squeaked, now keenly aware of how he was next to naked in front of his best friend. His very female best friend, who was wearing only a white silk negligee. The boy swallowed.

"Sokaris" was the answer Natsumi gave, with the boy shaking his head. "The vial was from her too. In case you ever...went too far again, she said."

"What?" Shinji blinked. Went too far? What did she mean? 'And what do you mean again?' "The potion?"

"She called it the potion equivalent of the Curse of Restoration," Natsumi explained, with the boy going very still at that particular turn of phrase. "It doesn't heal, as much as...I think she said something about undoing an injury?"

"...um...she...uh...didn't say anything about it working better when the moon was full or anything, did she?" the boy asked nervously. He was joking - half-joking, really, though his smile froze when Natsumi blinked.

"She did, actually. Why?"

Matou Shinji had never considered himself particularly insightful or perceptive, but everything he was hearing was ringing alarm bells in his mind.

The Curse of Restoration? Undoing an injury, not healing it? Working better when the moon was full?

...that sounded like fairly sophisticated work. Not a first year's.

And while he knew Sokaris had a good deal of knowledge - and more skill than anyone he knew of - in potions and alchemy, something like this...

'It's like she's done research on Dead Apostles.'

Or at least, on their abilities, which seemed impossible for a first year.

...not that he was going to share his suspicions with anyone, as he thought it was probably a bad idea to annoy someone whose schemes had ended up saving his life, and who his...other self might actually have reason to be terrified of.

'...you know, that refusal to hurt her makes a lot more sense now.'

Of course he wouldn't hurt her.

Beasts backed down in the face of a superior predator.

"Something on your mind?"

What does he say?

[ ] She knew - and she accepted him anyway. Why?
    [ ] Has she noticed anything strange about Sokaris?
    [ ] Explain the Tragedy of Nicholas the Wise
    [ ] Ask her to get something for him out of the closet
    [ ] (write-in)

[X] She knew - and she accepted him anyway. Why?

Because some times you need to help people with problems you dumb idiot.

man I really wanna go for that Star Wars Prequel reference...but I also really want a nice and wholesome Friendship Moment
    Last edited by Haunter; August 22nd, 2018 at 09:08 AM.

Blog Entries
    [x] She knew - and she accepted him anyway. Why?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    [x] She knew - and she accepted him anyway. Why?

Chapter 36.
    Hatsuyume

That night Matou Shinji dreamed, and in the dream, he found himself sitting on a magic carpet, with a slender figure nestled against him as they looked on a world of shining, shimmering splendor, as silver moonlight, streaming a gap in the clouds, played first across the white snowcaps and black crevices of the mountains, and then over the walls and spires of an alabaster castle nestled among them.

"It's beautiful," the boy found himself saying as he took in the magnificent vista, unlike anything he'd ever seen before.

Where was he? What was he seeing?

The castle before him wasn't Hogwarts, that was for sure, given where it was, and the many twinkling lights playing across its grounds, with the centerpiece of it being a magnificent fountain.

"I'm glad," the other murmured beside him, with the boy turning to find her looking at him out of the corner of her eyes, her features somehow familiar, yet alien in the moonlight. "But tell me, what do you seek?"

"I..." That was a good question. What did he seek? Self-control? Fame? Power? "Well...friends, I guess," he said after a while. "Connections. Something...genuine." He smiled slightly. "Is that really so much to ask?"

"Then...where do you seek it?" the other asked him, as she leaned back against him and his arms went around her, the warmth and softness of her making him swallow.

"...everywhere, I guess," he replied, shaking his head. "Shouldn't I keep an open mind, instead of just dismissing what might be?"

"...then why do you hate me, Nii-san?" the girl asked, turning to look at him directly for the first time, with Shinji recognizing that the person he was holding in his arms, nestled against him was...

'No...'

"If you want something genuine, Nii-san, why won't you accept me?"

'No.'

The girl twisted, leaning up towards him, with the boy paralyzed - unable to act.

"You throw yourself at anyone else who gives you even a scrap of kindness, so why won't you love me, Nii-san?" she whispered against his lips.

"No...don't..." the boy pleaded, feeling like he was about to throw up

"Don't what?" she asked coyly, her body rubbing against him as she leaned over and licked his lips. “Don’t do this?”

“No…I…”

“Or did you mean…this…?”

And then Matou Sakura closed the distance and sealed her brother’s lips with hers.

NOOOOOOOO!

Somehow, he found the strength to push her away, to push her off of him - to push her off the carpet, where her form shifted, the face and figure of his sister fading away to reveal...

"SENPAI!!!!!!"

...that of Tsuji Miyuki, falling to her doom, with him powerless to save her.

Once again, Matou Shinji was torn from his dreams, but this time, he wasn't screaming. How could he be, when he couldn't even breathe? When his chest felt like something was trying to crush his heart, when everything felt cold, so cold. If that...even if that was a dream...if that was his first dream of the year, then...what did that mean?

Still, even in the coldness, there was a spot of warmth, with the boy looking over to see what could only be an older Matou Sakura, curled against him, not a stitch of fabric on her body, though in the moonlight he could see how her skin glistened with fluids of a dubious nature.

She was looking at him with her deep purple eyes, as her hand…her fingers…they…

"Nii-san..." she whispered against his skin, as her fingers played with…played with— “No. Shujin-sama…”

No.

“Love me?” the girl murmured, tossing her hair and moving languidly to straddle him, with him powerless to resist, as if she’d paralyzed him with her prana. “Instead of that senpai who left you.”

No.

“I’ll make you feel good, danna-sama…” Sakura said with a wicked smile. “Good enough to forget all about everything. Even senpai.”

She plunged her hips downward, engulfing him in warmth as—

NONONONONONONONONONO!

Every ounce of restraint he had vanished, as power exploded forth from his body, rage, terror, hatred all made manifest in roaring black flames that engulfed the world, making the hated form of his sister scream as she burned.

And through it all, the boy only laughed.

He laughed at the scent of burning flesh.

He laughed as wood and fabric caught flame.

He laughed as she begged, begged for mercy.

He laughed as the usurper, the thief found herself no longer able to beg, to plead, to whimper, as her skin blackened and burned away, revealing flesh and bone, before those too, were burned to ash.

And even when everything was gone, when there was nothing left to burn, with the fire burning out, leaving him alone amidst a scene of desolation, he laughed, and laughed, and laughed.

It was to that very scene that the boy opened his eyes as he woke, finding himself standing in the middle of a burned-out husk of a room. The bed with its luxurious draperies and sheets had been charred to nothing. The walls and tapestries were in ruins.

The very windows had exploded outwards, with the cold winter air howling in from the outside, the wind on bare skin contrasting with the white-hot numbness at his ankle.

‘Huh.’

Blinking, he looked down, finding that his clothes were gone, that his skin was blistered and raw, and that the anklet he’d worn around his ankle – the one which normally suppressed emotional extremes – had melted, with rivulets of metal eating into his blackened left foot.

A left foot, that alone, out of the rest of his body, didn’t hurt, didn’t feel like his nerves had been replaced by molten lead, though the damage was far worse than anywhere else on him.

‘That’s bad, isn’t it?’
    he thought numbly.

But he didn’t have long to think, as there was a gasp from the doorway – through a door which had been charred through – with the boy looking up to see a pale-faced Natsumi peering through one of the great gashes in what had once been solid mahogany, her eyes wide with shock and not a little fear as she saw the ruin amidst which her friend stood.

...the devastation he had wrought in his sleep.

"Matou-kun!" Natsumi called out, her voice faint as she saw Shinji just standing in the middle of the destruction, looking utterly lost, his skin all but glowing in the pale moonlight.

She tried the doorknob, only to gasp as the entire door fell inwards, crashing to the ground at the slightest touch.

“M-matou-kun?” she said, more quietly as she stepped inside.

But the boy said nothing, just staring at a fixed point before him, as if he hadn’t noticed her at all. Hadn’t noticed the chill. Hadn’t noticed anything.

Her concern overriding her fear, she moved deeper into the room, stepping gingerly over unrecognizable lumps of charred wood and bits of what looked like melted glass, until at last she finally reached his side.

Her cheeks heated as she noted Matou’s state of undress, yet even so, she reached out to touch him—

And found that his skin was ice cold and clammy.

"Matou-kun!" she called out, but there was no answer, as if he didn’t…wasn’t seeing her, wasn’t aware of anything. As if the boy who she called her best friend had disappeared, leaving only a lifeless doll of flesh in his place. “Matou…k-kun?” the girl stammered, before taking a deep breath and reaching into her pocket and taking out a vial of shimmering green-gold, as a conversation from some time ago came to mind.

“Matou Shinji is an intriguing, if unstable existence, Suzuki,”
    Sokaris had told her in the Hufflepuff Common Room early in the morning, before the sun had even begun to rise.

The Ravenclaw had arrived only minutes earlier, carrying with her the unconscious body of the boy in question – the boy who had run out of the Great Hall after receiving a package from…from the father he refused to acknowledge, a package which had apparently contained a book on practical necromancy and a wand of willow.

The look on his face…

…boundless anger, despair, hopelessness…

it had been the look of someone who was utterly lost.

Worried, Natsumi had looked around the castle for him, checking the library, the unused classrooms, even asking the Aurors guarding the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets if she’d seen him. Eventually, after all but giving up, she’d turned to Sokaris, asking the brilliant Ravenclaw to find him before something happened.

…and somehow, Sokaris had, returning him to Hufflepuff before the new day dawned.

But the purple-haired Alchemist had done so with a warning.

“Within him lies a dangerous power, one which will one day destroy him, if he does not learn to control it.”

“A power?”

“An obscurus.”

“What.”
    She knew what an obscurus was, of course – how could she not, after the term had been mentioned time after time in the course of Quirrell’s scenarios, but…Matou-kun? “How…?”

“It is not my place to say,”
    the Alchemist had rebuked her. “Nor is it mine to judge. I simply offer you a warning, as you are his…” She’d paused. “…friend,” Sokaris had said at last, as if the word was an unfamiliar one.

“…what can I do?”

The Ravenclaw had pressed a vial of green-gold into her hands, saying only that if Matou went too far, this might be able to save him, if she reached him in time.

“Did you…”

“Yes.”

“Can I ask—”

“It would be unwise of me to answer.”

Which Natsumi had accepted, as there were many mysteries about Sialim Sokaris, and whatever else she’d done, she had found Matou.

“Thank you,”
    she’d offered, bowing deeply to the other girl.

“There is no need,”
    the Alchemist had dismissed. “Being able to see something interesting is payment enough for my efforts.”

Remembering what Sokaris had said, she unstopped the green-gold vial and tried to offer it to the boy, though he didn’t seem aware enough to swallow or drink.

The girl sighed.

“I guess…I don’t have a choice,” she murmured to herself, pouring the vial into her mouth and then pulling the boy backwards so she could seal his mouth with hers – forcing him to swallow the lifesaving liquid in the way people did in the movies sometimes.

Matou Shinji shivered, shuddered, quaked and thrashed, inhuman sounds tearing their way out of his throat as he grabbed at first, empty space, then the pajamas that Natsumi wore, as a powerful heat erupted into existence under his skin.

His body…his body felt like a furnace as his skin regrew itself, beats of metal being displaced as his burns were simply…undone, with him returning to awareness to find Natsumi kissing him, her face beet red as her tongue twined with his, her hands on his bare skin.

Panicking, he pulled away, only to yelp as he lost his balance – and in trying to grab onto her for stability, ended up pulling her down on top of him, with the two ending up in an awkward tangle of limbs.

“Oww…”

"Wh-what? Why?” Shinji asked, unable to help himself. “Why did you…?”

“You would have died!” his best friend responded, pushing herself up, with the boy freezing up at her words. He…he would have? “Your power…it would have killed you.”

“You…you know?” the boy said numbly, his heart pounding in his chest. She knew…she knew he was…he was capable of this.

"...I already knew," the brunette commented, with Shinji's face a mix between being flabbergasted, shocked and...a bit happy that she hadn’t abandoned him.

“Then…why…?”

“Why what?”

“Why are you here? Why aren’t you afraid?” he demanded. After the destruction he’d wrought in his own home because of…because of a stupid, terrible dream, why hadn’t Natsumi run from what was obviously a monster.

“Because you were hurting, Matou-kun.”

The boy found himself at a total loss. Because he was hurting? That was why she hadn’t run away? Why she had…why she had…kissed him, and somehow fixed his shattered body?

“But…”

“We’re friends, Matou-kun,” came the response. “Even if you’re an obscurial. Even if you have your secrets. Even if you sometimes try to push people away.”

"H-how?" he squeaked, now keenly aware of how he was next to naked in front of his best friend. His very female best friend, who was wearing only silk pajamas.

"Sokaris" was the answer Natsumi gave, with the boy’s eyes widening as he heard the name. "When I…when I kissed you, I was giving you a potion. One that she gave me, in case you ever…”

“…in case I ever…” he prompted

“In case you ever...went too far. Again,” Natsumi supplied, with the boy swallowing.

Again, huh? So he’d done this before, just perhaps hadn’t remembered it?

No, more importantly…

“What is it? The potion, I mean.”

"Sokaris said it was something like a Curse of Restoration," Natsumi explained, with the boy going very still at that particular turn of phrase. "That it didn’t heal as much as...I think she said something about undoing an injury?"

"...um...she...uh...didn't say anything about it working better when the moon was full or anything, did she?" the boy asked nervously. He was joking – half-joking, really, though his smile froze when Natsumi blinked.

"She did, actually,” the girl admitted, tilting her head, as if curious. “Why?"

Matou Shinji had never considered himself particularly insightful or perceptive, but everything he was hearing was ringing alarm bells in his mind.
    The Curse of Restoration? Undoing an injury, not healing it? Working better when the moon was full?

...well, first, that sounded like fairly sophisticated work. Not a first year's.

Second, while he doubted Sokaris’ skills were limited to those of a first year, the Curse of Restoration wasn’t the domain of anything human.
    Indeed, in all of his reading, only the Dead Apostles (and their ilk) possessed that kind of ability.

For Sokaris to use the terminology that she had…

'It's like she's done research on Dead Apostles, when none of the books I’ve seen at Hogwarts so much as mention them.'
    Other, lesser, vampires, yes, but not those.

Or perhaps it meant that she was a Dead Apostle, but then he didn’t think anyone had been turned into a thrall, so…perhaps not?

…though, now that he thought about it, he’d heard some whispers about a number of unicorns around the school being slaughtered and drained of blood, with part of the Forbidden Forest simply gone, as if it had been erased by some immense force of destruction, so…

‘Was that…Sokaris?’

If it was – if by chance, she was some inhuman monster with some odd reason for being at Hogwarts, then his course was clear: he would brew himself a Forgetfulness Potion, and use it to erase any memory of the revelation from his mind, so he wouldn’t accidentally reveal something he shouldn’t.

After all, antagonizing someone who might possess that level of power was…unwise, to put it lightly.

‘…though now that I have this piece of information, my…other form’s utter refusal to even consider hurting her makes a lot more sense.’

Beasts backed down in the face of a superior predator, after all – and for someone like him to confront a Dead Apostle was…

…well, suicide.

‘And I don’t want to die.’

Which was why he wasn’t going to share his suspicions with anyone, aside from the fact that she’d indirectly saved his life tonight. Well, that and the fact that he didn’t want to cause more trouble for his friends – or for Miyuki-senpai – than he already had with all of his troubles.

"Something on your mind?" Natsumi’s voice cut in, derailing his train of thought from these dangerous thoughts.

“I…”

The words spilled out, one after another. His relationship with his family, such that it was. His terrifying grandfather. His mother, who had died when he was very young. His…THAT MAN who had betrayed him, kept his birthright from him. The usurper that his grandfather had adopted.

The fact that he was an Obscurial.

One with anger issues. One whose dreams tended to be cruel things indeed.

“I could hurt you, you know. One day.”

“You won’t,” Natsumi said with confidence.

“How do you know…? Just…look what I did to this room,” he grunted, gesturing at the destruction all around him. “One day…one day I might—”

“You didn’t hurt Sokaris,” the girl pointed out, with Shinji grimacing.

No…he supposed he hadn’t, though he was beginning to think his reason to staying his hand from trying to slay both her and Granger was for reasons other than human decency.

“I—”

“Or senpai.”

“…you…you…uh…know about that?” he whispered, deflating, bowing his head as his entire body flushed red, so red that it was obvious, even when he was drenched in moonlight.

“I do. I asked senpai about things after…Sokaris told me about you,” Natsumi confessed, with the boy not sure what to think about that. “She told me you thought you were a monster, even though you weren’t.”

“But…but I…”

“Would I give a monster my second kiss?” the girl asked, with Shinji frowning.

“No,” he responded, but paused as the words she said began to sink in and his thoughts screeched to a halt. “Wait, what do you mean your second kiss?” She…she hadn’t met any boys before this year, and he didn’t think there was anyone else she was close to, so who else could she have kissed?

Ernie? No…Ernie liked Selina.

Phelan? No…the two detested each other.

“Teehee,” Natsumi giggled as she got to her feet, reaching down to offer him a hand. “That’s a secret.”

“…now you’re just teasing me,” the boy complained, accepting the help.

“Well, that’s what friends do. At least sometimes.”

The boy sighed, a snort of laughter escaping his lips despite himself.

A snort that turned into a chuckle, which turned into a fully belly laugh, the sound – and the warmth of his best friend’s hand – washing away the unpleasant sensations of a too-disturbing dream as they stepped out of the ruins of the past into a brave new world.

After getting some additional sleep (on the couch, with his head resting on Natsumi's lap), Shinji's mood is somewhat improved. Enough so that when he has breakfast at the Noel manor that morning, no one really thinks much has happened, except that now he can't meet either Natsumi's or Amber's eyes without flushing.

...something that he was sure neither of the girls had missed.

The two chatted amongst themselves about the gala last night, and how it had gone, with Amber seeming a bit put out by how Shinji had danced with yet another new girl, leaving Natsumi to her own devices.

"Jeez, Matou, you really should pay more attention to your date," the copper-haired girl chided him. "Instead of being so lost in Miss de Lune's eyes that you didn't even notice Granger was nearby."

"What? What do you mean Granger?" Shinji asked, blinking. He didn't remember anyone at the ball that could have been Granger.

"...you didn't notice, Matou-kun?" Natsumi questioned, her expression concerned. "Granger was calling herself Croft for some reason."

Huh.

"Wait." The boy blinked, comparing what he remembered of the two, and shaking his head. "No, that's not possible. They don't look anything alike."

Natsumi and Amber shared a look.

"Boys can be dense, can't they?" Amber asked, choosing to ignore Shinji's sputtering protests.

"Mhm. Denser than a neutron star."

"Heh. That's pretty dense," the copper-haired girl commented with a smile as she glanced over at Matou.

Phelan cleared his throat.

"So. Matou," he interrupted, much to the ire of the two girls at the table. "I know you and Amber have that whole gala at the Albert and Victoria, but that's not until this afternoon," the earl's youngest son broke in. "Amber is probably going to go early, but...you've been a guest here for almost all of the winter holiday, and you haven't explored the grounds yet. Why don't you join me for a bit of an adventure? Probably more exciting than watching girls talk among themselves."

Does Shinji...?

[ ] Agree - he'll spend time with Phelan until its time for the gala
    [ ] Decline - he'll go with Amber and Natsumi to the latter's house and help out how he can

And once at the gala, does he...?

[ ] Spend time mostly with Amber
    [ ] Spend time with Natsumi, who is greeting people with her parents
    [ ] Confront the so-called "Croft", who is here with what seems to be her parents
    [ ] Talk to a blonde girl who he thinks he might recognize as an older Hufflepuff
    [ ] (write-in)

[ ] Agree - he'll spend time with Phelan until its time for the gala

Yeah better spend sometime with our friend.

[ ] Spend time with Natsumi, who is greeting people with her parents

[X] Decline - he'll go with Amber and Natsumi to the latter's house and help out how he can

Sorry bro but I think that Shinji is more guilty with the girls at the moment that he feels that he needs to help out with them. Considering that he broke the gift that amber gave him and all the stuff from the night before with Natsumi.

[X] Spend time mostly with Amber

Suppose to be her date for this so I am going with that as the default. Nothing good will happen if he goes over to Hermione.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh. I should mention that the only reason the destruction didn't spread beyond the walls of the bedroom is because the Malfoys, when they owned the house, invested in some high-grade protections around the bedroom, both for privacy and for safety. These protections are now gone.

[x] Agree - he'll spend time with Phelan until its time for the gala

I'm not sure about second one, since I can't choose between Natsumi and Amber choises.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Character Sheet, Selina Moore - New Year Update:

Selina Moore, Age 11
    Human wizard, Level 1
    Init+5, Perception +4

Familiar: Draco Malfoy (Snake - Master gains a +3 bonus on Bluff checks)

STR: 6
    DEX: 10
    CON: 10
    INT: 14
    WIS: 10
    CHA: 18

Skills: Bluff (6), Concentration, Knowledge (wizards:2), knowledge(D&D:6)
    Feats: Persuasive, Dilligent

Charms: Year 1
    DADA: Year 1
    Potions: Year 1.5
    Transfiguration: Year 1.5
    Herbology: Year 1
    History of Magic: 3
    Misc: Broom Handling - Good

Current Mentor: Horace Slughorn
    Sworn Frenemy: The Dice Gods
    Closest Friends: Amber Noel, Pansy Parkinson
    Current Places of Residence: Hogwarts, London

Thoughts from teachers:

Quirrell: Quite the weaver of tales, Miss Moore. I find it fascinating how she manages to win the confidence of so many, and disrupt the plans of many more.
    Slughorn: It is good to see a Slytherin with cunning and ambition these days. I admit, I am rather surprised that Mister Malfoy seems to be desperate for her affections that he calls her mi'lady, but then, I suppose love is blind.
    Binns: Miss...Moon, did you say? Yes, she's in my classes. Pays more attention than the others, too.

And what do others think of her?

Amber: Tea with "Lady Selina" is always a treat. It is rather charming to see someone else with manners, even if her stories are sometimes questionable.
    Shinji: I find Lady Selina frightening in how perceptive she is. How did she know I was an Obscurial?
    Phelan: ...it is rare that my sister and I agree on people we find...agreeable. Selina is one of the rare exceptions, since Amber enjoys her company and I...well, I am fond of her.
    Ernie: O Captain! my Captain! Oh brave adventurer and weaver of tales. Witty, charming...I wish I could be by your side, on an adventure.
    Hermione Granger: I don't think people understand how dangerous she is, given she seems to have Matou working for her. What's her hold on Malfoy and the others? What's her motive?
    Pansy Parkinson: The rising star of Slytherin. An adventurer, scholar, and storyteller - if we believe what she tells us. I'm not entirely sure, but she was good enough to thrash Malfoy. I wonder if her brother is seeing anyone, and what stories he would tell of his adventures.

Group Reputation (out of 100):

Slug Club: 30
    First Years at Hogwarts: 50
    Other Hogwarts Students: 25 ("Ah, the one who Malfoy pines after.")
    Hogwarts Faculty: 15

Current Affiliations: Hogwarts (Student), Slytherin House (member), Slug Club (Member), "Gathering of Minds" (usual invitee)

Possessions: Wand (Sycamore wood + Dragon Heartstring core), Set of Hematite Dice, Mokeskin Pouch, Letter-writing kit, Books: Complete Works of William Shakespeare, Bestiarium Magicum, Quintessence: A Quest, Basic Hexes for the Busy and Vexed, The King in Yellow,

Unlocked abilities: Basic Occlumency, Tentaclifors, Avifors, Illegibilus, Legilimens

Special Locations Unlocked: Hogwarts (Kitchens), Matou Cottage
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; August 23rd, 2018 at 01:08 AM.