Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 123471252 ... LastLast

Thread: But For A Stone (A Matou Shinji Series AU)

Ok I'm change my vote too.

[x] Occlumency: the art of memory and mind

The general bonus really useful.

A learning bonus is always useful and keeping people out of your mind to hide your true colors even more so

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I suppose Shinji will pick up a book on [x] Occlumency: the art of memory and mind

But...there are still some choices to make.

First of all, will he want new goods or used goods? Secondly, if he wishes for used goods, what else might he want to buy?

[ ] New Goods; or
    [ ] Used Goods and
    [ ] A spare wand
    [ ] [elemental] catalyst (will allow Shinji to cast spells aligned with a certain element - assuming he has learned the spell)
    [ ] Robe upgrades
    [ ] A pet/familiar
    [ ] A unique tome
    [ ] Convert the change into British Galleons
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

[x] Used Goods and

[x] A unique tome

[X] Used goods and a spare wand

If people want that second tome, I am alright with that. However I think we should get a second wand for the purpose of not being horrible at transfiguration this go around.

Woohoo, going Full Munchkin

[x] Used Goods and

[x] A unique tome

Blog Entries
    [x] Used Goods & [x] A unique tome

Be a pleb, but be a versatile one.

I don't mind a second wand either, especially if it aligns with subtlety and discretion (like silent casting).

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well then..

Choose a tome...

[ ] Just a Drop - Covers the basics of blood magic, and its applications to potions, rituals, and basic overview of the Dark Arts in general.

[ ] Mending Flesh, Soothing Spirits - A basic manual on healing, including several charms, potions, and practical first aid when neither are readily available

[ ] Digging Two Graves - Covers the basic theory and practice of curses, with exercises to help refine one's willpower and ability to envision the result you desire
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

[X] Digging Two Graves

Get that bonus to dark arts and DADA.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm online to discuss things.

[x] Digging Two Graves

Okay, let it be curses and willpower. We'll need a strong will to resist the women's charms in the coming years.

Blog Entries
    [x] Digging Two Graves.

Any of those is fine by me, really.
    Last edited by Daiki; December 11th, 2017 at 05:58 AM.

[X] Digging Two Graves

Thought I do worry about us diving deep into Yin based skills with a supercharged yin wand and Shinji's yin imbalance. This sounds like disaster waiting to happen without anything to help balance it out. Very Risky.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    [X] Digging Two Graves

With this, Shinji's preparations for heading to Britain are now complete. He has a wand, basic school supplies, and books to study - both of which he has a decent aptitude for, and by the time he receives a Portkey to take him to Kings Cross, he feels ready.

Portkey travel is, unfortunately, more nauseating and disconcerting than he expected, and hearing a sudden torrent of English is really rather jarring to him. While he had some grasp of the language from studying abroad in the past, it was not a language he felt very comfortable with, since he didn't use it in his day to day life - or for most of his studies.

Still, he manages to make out some of the gossip - some of which is focused on him, as a foreigner who appeared by Portkey, though the rest seems to be split evenly among an exotic-looking foreigner with tanned skin and purple hair who some think might be a metamorphmagus, whatever that was, and an aristocratic looking blond whose name was apparently Draco.

"Ah, hello," a voice greets him - in somewhat stilted Japanese, with the boy turning to see two Japanese girls about his age, or perhaps a little older. One had flowing jet black hair and hazel colored eyes, while the other's hair - bound up in twintails - was a light chestnut, though her eyes were so dark as to be nearly black. "You're the student from Japan?"

"Nice to meet you. I am Matou Shinji, from Fuyuki City," the boy replied with a slight bow, grateful to be able to speak in his own language.

"Suzuki Natsumi," the one with the lighter hair said with a smile. "Matou Shinji - that is written as 'among the paulowina' and 'true ruler' yes?"

"That's right. I know Suzuki is 'bell and tree', but is your Natsumi written with the kanji for pick vegetables?" Shinji inquired, a hint of teasing entering his voice.

"N-no! With the kanji for beautiful summer!" Natumi exclaimed, turning red as she crossed her arms and looked away, something that Shinji found cute, as it reminded him of Tohsaka.

"I am called Tsuji Miyuki, written as 'crossroads' and 'beautiful snow,'" the other spoke, her voice clear as a bell and utterly refined as she regarded the young boy before her. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Matou-kun."

"And you, Tsuji-kakka," Shinji replied, with a deep bow, using a much more formal suffix than necessary.

"Rather than kakka, -san should be fine when speaking in Japanese," Tsuji Miyuki said in answer. "Though English might be better for Natsumi."

"English will work," the Boy from the East said slowly, the words feeling awkward in his mouth. "I am not used to speaking in it, but practice would be good."

"Mm."

"Please take care of me," the boy continued, bowing again.

"W-would you like to sit together, on the Express?" the lighter-haired girl asked him, as she played with her fingers. "We can tell you about Hogwarts and how things are in Britain, and you can tell us about Japan." She paused. "But o-only if you want to, though. If you had someone else to sit with, t-that's fine."

What will Shinji choose? (choose one)

[ ] Accept the invitation of Tsuji Miyuki and Suzuki Natsuki
    [ ] Decline the invitation, go seek out this "Draco Malfoy"
    [ ] Decline the invitation, go seek out the metamorphmagus
    [ ] (write-in)
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; December 12th, 2017 at 01:36 AM.

[x] Decline the invitation, go seek out this "Draco Malfoy"

Blog Entries
    [X] Accept the invitation of Tsuji Miyuki and Suzuki Natsuki

We've only just started and already we're seeing new and exciting things.

Blog Entries
    [x] Accept the invitation of Tsuji Miyuki and Suzuki Natsuki.

Not sure about sitting with Draco when we picked used goods. (First impression and all)
    Last edited by Daiki; December 11th, 2017 at 08:22 PM.

I agree that sitting with Draco would not go so well with first impressions due to a clash in their personalities and Shinji's used goods.

Might as well sit with the girls that invited you. They are going to be an interesting mix to sit with as they are a Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff from their source material. Assuming of course that nothing changes their house on this trip. They both should get sorted after Shinji so that might affect things.

Change my vote to: