Page 65 of 81 FirstFirst ... 15556063646566677075 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1617

Thread: But For A Stone (A Matou Shinji Series AU)

  1. #1281
    The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,656
    US Friend Code
    042446355
    Blog Entries
    25
    [x] France with Selina and her family




    Well, it appears you'll be meeting Liliana Spencer-Moon in person then, and before the new year begins. But before that, we have to get through the year and all the troubles the end will bring.

    First, the Minister's Ball...will Shinji plan to arrive...

    [ ] Painfully early
    [ ] Right on Time
    [ ] Fashionably Late

    Also, at the start of the spring term, Professor Quirrell seems to be in quite a jovial mood. So much so that he is permitting a bonus round for those who participated in his Christmas challenge - should a team choose, they may attempt the scenario they did not try at Christmas, and should they win, they will receive an exemption from needing to do Homework for the rest of the term.

    In Shinji's case, this would mean that he, Ernie, and Selina would have to attempt Surviving the Crash.

    Surviving the Crash
    : You and your team have crash-landed in a distant land in the wake of a massive storm that put an end to a disastrous attempt to circumnavigate the world by broomstick. Though you are (mostly) uninjured, your broomsticks were destroyed, as have your wands and the majority of your provisions, leaving you with only the little can salvage from the wreckage, and what you can improvise from your surroundings. Your surroundings seem to be a sprawling jungle, a mist-shrouded place riddled with swamps and bogs, and you think you recall - from your flight over part of it - some lakes as well. From what you can remember, there is a settlement of sorts about an hour away at broom's top flight speed, which might have friendly natives, if you manage to reach it. Getting there, however, will be difficult, as you are limited to moving on foot. Your environs are hot and humid, and the area around you is best described as swampy, though there are dry patches and even some nice caves in which you might take shelter from the harsh storms that come at night. Your objective is to reach the settlement. Final Score will be based on how many of your teammates survive to reach the settlement, as well as how long those who perished on the way lasted.


    Will he be in favor of attempting it, or against?

    [ ] In favor
    [ ] Opposed
    [ ] Let Ernie and Selina decide
    "The palaces of kings are built upon the ruins of the bowers of paradise." - Thomas Paine

  2. #1282
    死徒 Dead Apostle
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Age
    27
    Posts
    635
    [ ] Painfully early

    [ ] In favor

    Quirrel probably would kill us someday.
    But interact with him is really entertainment.
    Last edited by skulkidcachi90; August 9th, 2018 at 06:59 PM.

  3. #1283
    The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,656
    US Friend Code
    042446355
    Blog Entries
    25
    End of year exam will involve a practical scenario where a group of students have to keep a Dark Wizard from claiming a macguffin and resurrecting his Dark Master. Think about who you want as allies.Teams of 2-5 are allowed, with smaller teams getting higher score modifiers for difficulty.
    "The palaces of kings are built upon the ruins of the bowers of paradise." - Thomas Paine

  4. #1284
    吸血鬼 Vampire Desann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Age
    29
    Posts
    117
    [x] Painfully early
    [x] In favor
    Last edited by Desann; August 10th, 2018 at 11:18 PM.

  5. #1285
    [X] Right on Time
    [X] Let Ernie and Selina decide

    Not sure why people want to show up early to this, as Shinji schedule for that day is quite busy as he has a party earlier in the day. I think it is best that we do not try to shorten one over the other. Just show up on time.

  6. #1286
    吸血鬼 Vampire Desann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Age
    29
    Posts
    117
    Shinji has something else in the same day? It seems I got confused about schedule. In this case changing my vote to [x] Right on Time

  7. #1287
    The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,656
    US Friend Code
    042446355
    Blog Entries
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull Leader View Post
    Not sure why people want to show up early to this, as Shinji schedule for that day is quite busy as he has a party earlier in the day. I think it is best that we do not try to shorten one over the other. Just show up on time.
    You're referring to the Japan Gala at the Victoria and Albert? That's on Jan 1. The Minister's Ball is Dec 31st.
    "The palaces of kings are built upon the ruins of the bowers of paradise." - Thomas Paine

  8. #1288
    [X] Right on Time
    [X] Let Ernie and Selina decide

  9. #1289
    The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,656
    US Friend Code
    042446355
    Blog Entries
    25
    [X] Right on Time
    [X] In favor, but let Ernie and Selina decide




    And what should Shinji focus on at the Minister's Ball?

    [ ] Chatting with Other Attendees (random)
    [ ] Chatting with the Minister
    [ ] Chatting with Attendees (write-in who)
    [ ] Dancing with Natsumi, making sure she has a good time
    [ ] Trying to read people's minds
    "The palaces of kings are built upon the ruins of the bowers of paradise." - Thomas Paine

  10. #1290
    [X] Chatting with Slughorn

    Slughorn is like the king of introductions to power players. Might as well go talk with him to see who he can introduce Shinji and Nats to. Considering how much he likes the two this should go well. Especially when Shinji uses his glasses in tandem. I think Natsumi should enjoy this enough that she will still have a good time. Maybe not as magical if say Shinji spent the whole time trying to make the night special for her.

    Reading people minds the entire time seems to be a bit too much for me. Shinji should use his glasses yes but to push everything else to the side to do this is not worth it to me. It is a side benefit and not the main show. And I think we are wasting our time with trying to go for the Minister. We likely need to have VIP tickets for that. Shinji is no Stonecutter this time that the Ministry would spend a lot of time talking with a 11yr boy. Maybe if Shinji talks to the right person that would introduce Shinji to the minister but we should not seek him out directly.

  11. #1291
    [X] Chatting with Slughorn

  12. #1292
    死徒 Dead Apostle
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Age
    27
    Posts
    635
    [X] Chatting with Slughorn

  13. #1293
    The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,656
    US Friend Code
    042446355
    Blog Entries
    25
    [X] Chatting with Slughorn




    A wise choice, as the man in question is pleased to see some of his young students, especially in their exotic garb.

    "Ah. Mister Matou. Miss Suzuki," he says grandly, in his robe of many colors, looking away from an old man Shinji does not recognize. "Just the ones I was speaking of."

    "Professor Slughorn," Natsumi nods curtsies respectfully, with Shinji mumbling something along those lines. It is odd being among so many formally dressed people, most of whom are far older than he, especially because so many are looking at him.

    Or maybe at the formal kimonos they wore, with Natsumi seeming a splash of vibrant pink in a hall of blues and blacks and grays.

    "Students, I would like to introduce you to the greatest Alchemist in the World," the portly man notes, gesturing to the old one beside him. "The creator of the Philosopher's Stone himself. Nicholas Flamel."

    Shinji blinked, remembering what Quirrell had said about the tragedy of Nicholas the Wise, while Natsumi curtsied again.

    "It is an honor, Mister Flamel," the Japanese girl says formally.

    "Nonsense," the alchemist replies, with a warm smile on his face. "The honor is mine. Horace has told me of your passion and talent for our craft, the most sublime of all the magical arts." He pauses. "And how is young Albus? When I met him, he was but a learner, seeking my hard-wisdom. Yet now, he is master of a school where others come to learn, and the circle is complete."

    "Headmaster Dumbledore was once your apprentice?" Shinji asks, his thoughts working furiously.

    "Yes. One of my most promising. There was a drive to him, a hunger for greatness and recognition that few have today. But in the end, he went his way and I went mine."

    "What happened?"

    "Despite his talents, Albus was always a man who preferred the wand to the cauldron, a man of ambitions who wished to be recognized by all. Which is why I am surprised that he never took the position of Minister for himself, contenting himself with lesser honors, but perhaps he simply grew old." Flamel smiles genially. "But then, all men grow old and die in time. Save myself. And of course, my lovely wife, though she is no man." He chuckles. "Do you have questions for me, young Seekers of Truth?"

    What does Shinji ask of Nicholas Flamel?

    [ ] (write-in)
    "The palaces of kings are built upon the ruins of the bowers of paradise." - Thomas Paine

  14. #1294
    死徒 Dead Apostle
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Age
    27
    Posts
    635
    [X] Ask him if he had lucky enough to find a capable student after all this time and if he didn't find one, what advice would he give to someone who aspire to be his apprentince ?.

  15. #1295
    Quote Originally Posted by skulkidcachi90 View Post
    [X] Ask him if he had lucky enough to find a capable student after all this time and if he didn't find one, what advice would he give to someone who aspire to be his apprentice?.
    That write in is coming off way too strong. Its fishing for apprenticeship from a man that likely seen thousands of candidates and one that does not know basic Alchemy yet.

    Plus Shinji is with Nats, a girl that knows more about Alchemy they he does. I doubt this request would go over well with her. How about we just ask something smaller and safer.

    Now most things I want to say to Flamel would be rude (In the order of yes you been around for 500 yrs but what have you don't great since the Stone?). Or mention that he is likely not the only person that does not age on the earth after all magic seems to have little limitations in it. Maybe someone that breaks all known limitations with magic might also live beyond a normal lifespan.

    Still I think I would just rather be polite and ask a basic starting question. If nothing else, we can explore it with Nats and compare Alchemy of the wizard world and alchemy that Sokaris has taught Nats.

    [X] Ask for good recommendation in where to start for an beginner Alchemist that starting on the path of self-discovery.

    My wording here might need to be refined, if people got a better way to ask this that should not insult the man or Slughorn but does not come across as pandering to him.

  16. #1296
    The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,656
    US Friend Code
    042446355
    Blog Entries
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull Leader View Post
    Now most things I want to say to Flamel would be rude (In the order of yes you been around for 500 yrs but what have you don't great since the Stone?). Or mention that he is likely not the only person that does not age on the earth after all magic seems to have little limitations in it. Maybe someone that breaks all known limitations with magic might also live beyond a normal lifespan.
    Now now, lets not bring all of your OOC knowledge into this.




    "Have you given any thought to an heir?" Shinji questioned, an odd expression briefly stealing across his features as he glanced at the Alchemist. "While you may not fear dying from old age, that doesn't eliminate the possibility of...accidents, after all."

    Nicholas Flamel blinked.

    "...a very direct child, aren't you?" the Alchemist noted coolly. "Ideally, one of my apprentices would take up my art when I feel it is time to pass on, but so far, I have found none worthy of teaching the secrets of the Stone to. I have had many students, yet all have other ambitions, other desires, other goals, and so move on. Most lack the patience and dedication needed to create and to accept that in the end, the greatest of magics isn't that what one can weave with a wand, but with one's mind and one's hands."

    "Huh."

    "Do you have any advice for someone just starting out as a Alchemist?" Natsumi inquired, with the man nodding gravely.

    "Since you go to Hogwarts, I counsel you to develop a firm foundation in potions and herbology," Flamel replied. "These two disciplines are critical to any budding Alchemist. Were you at Beauxbatons and had finished your third year, I would recommend that you apply for the Nicholas Flamel Scholars Program, which provides rigorous, accelerated training in these areas over the course of the summer."

    "A Scholars program?" Natsumi echoed, her eyes widening slightly.

    "Yes, one funded jointly by myself and the Centre for Alchemical Studies. Those accepted into it remain at the campus over the summer, where they receive specialized instruction and are encouraged to experiment with potions," Flamel noted. "So far, it has turned out several notable practitioners of the art, with a few even becoming my apprentices for a time."

    "Is it only open to people at Beauxbatons?" Shinji asked, with the old Alchemist smiling slightly.

    "I suppose others might apply as well, but seeing as you would have to be at Beauxbatons for the program, and instruction is done in french..."

    "Ah."

    "...hm, well, I do have one of my young scholars here today, actually. Would you care to meet her? Perhaps she can tell you about her experience."

    What does Shinji say?

    [ ] Agree to meet the Flamel Scholar
    [ ] Thank him, but decline - there are other people to talk to
    "The palaces of kings are built upon the ruins of the bowers of paradise." - Thomas Paine

  17. #1297
    死徒 Dead Apostle
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Age
    27
    Posts
    635
    [x] Agree to meet the Flamel Scholar

  18. #1298
    Quote Originally Posted by alfheimwanderer View Post
    Now now, lets not bring all of your OOC knowledge into this.
    And that is why it was things I would say and not Shinji. It was hard to beat back the snark here when listening to Flamel the wise here.


    [X] Agree to meet the Flamel Scholar

    Might as well. Though I do question why we seem so hell bent in a non-sokaris route trying to become an Alchemist here. Its not like we are going to do the Potions championship a second time around. Potion knowledge is all good but its just funny that we seem to be going there when Natsumi is far far more likely to be an real alchemist and a better one to boot than Shinji can ever be. Still I can understand where Shinji might be coming from here. After all if he can't be a Magus, he can look into the branch of magic he heard legends of that does not require circuits.

  19. #1299
    The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,656
    US Friend Code
    042446355
    Blog Entries
    25
    [x] Agree to meet the Flamel Scholar




    Nicholas Flamel leads Natsumi and Shinji over to where a small group of young people are standing, two of them apparently his age, and one of them...older. This last was a silver-eyed blonde clad in a navy-blue gown, with a sheathed rapier at her waist reminding him of Amber.

    "Monsieur Matou, Mademoiselle Suzuki, may I present the youngest of our Flamel Scholars, Rachelle Lestrange," the Alchemist intoned, with the girl in blue curtsying.

    "'Ello," the other spoke, with Shinji suddenly swallowing, finding his mouth dry.

    "E-enchante," the boy murmurs, reaching out to take her hand and kiss it, as a gentleman would, only the Scholar keeps her extremities well out of reach. "Um..."

    "I do not like...being touched, if zit is all ze same to you, Monsieur le Matou," Lestrange replies, her silver eyes glancing from him to his companion.

    "...fair enough," Shinji answers, feeling a bit stung by the rejection.

    "I believe I must make my rounds - my former apprentice has just arrived, and it would only be proper for me to greet him," Flamel notes apologetically, nodding at the gathered youngsters. "Do try not to offend my newest student. She is a good person, but is...how do you say...prickly."

    And with that, he leaves, with Shinji and Natsumi left alone with the other young people at the Ministers Ball.

    "I don't think I've met you two before," he says, turning his attention to the two girls who seemed closer to his age. "Matou Shinji, at your service."

    "Lily de Lune," one of the others - a bespectacled blonde with startling green eyes, dressed in silver and white gown - replies. "A pleasure to meet you, Monsieur le Matou. It is such a rare occasion that I meet someone our age at an event such as this. Truly, it is a cause for celebration."

    "When you say our age..."

    "You are a first year, yes, monsieur?" the blonde inquired brightly, with Shinji nodding slowly. "Let me guess...you attend Hogwarts. You are...a Hufflepuff, yes?"

    "Yes..." the boy admitted, his voice thoughtful. "All that is true, but how did you know? I haven't exactly seen you around..."

    "That is because I attend Beauxbatons, Monsieur," the spritely blonde replied. "I am simply here tonight accompanying my grandfather."

    "Ah," Shinji said. He turned to the brunette standing by the green-eyed blonde, a girl with rich chocolate-brown eyes, wearing floaty, periwinkle-blue robes, with her hair in an elegant knot at the back of her head. "And who might you be, Miss? I doubt we have met, for surely I would recognize one so lovely."

    The brunette shied away from his gaze, looking to the floor.

    "Um..." she whispered, her body seeming tense, almost quivering. "I'm...my name is Her-hermia. Hermia C-croft, M-mister Matou," she said, not meeting his eye.

    "Enchante."

    Who catches his interest most?

    [ ] Miss Hermia Croft
    [ ] Miss Rachelle Lestrange
    [ ] Miss Lily de Lune
    "The palaces of kings are built upon the ruins of the bowers of paradise." - Thomas Paine

  20. #1300
    The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,656
    US Friend Code
    042446355
    Blog Entries
    25
    [x] Agree to meet the Flamel Scholar




    Nicholas Flamel leads Natsumi and Shinji over to where a small group of young people are standing, two of them apparently his age, and one of them...older. This last was a silver-eyed blonde clad in a navy-blue gown, with a sheathed rapier at her waist reminding him of Amber.

    "Monsieur Matou, Mademoiselle Suzuki, may I present the youngest of our Flamel Scholars, Rachelle Lestrange," the Alchemist intoned, with the girl in blue curtsying.

    "'Ello," the other spoke, with Shinji suddenly swallowing, finding his mouth dry.

    "E-enchante," the boy murmurs, reaching out to take her hand and kiss it, as a gentleman would, only the Scholar keeps her extremities well out of reach. "Um..."

    "I do not like...being touched, if zit is all ze same to you, Monsieur le Matou," Lestrange replies, her silver eyes glancing from him to his companion.

    "...fair enough," Shinji answers, feeling a bit stung by the rejection.

    "I believe I must make my rounds - my former apprentice has just arrived, and it would only be proper for me to greet him," Flamel notes apologetically, nodding at the gathered youngsters. "Do try not to offend my newest student. She is a good person, but is...how do you say...prickly."

    And with that, he leaves, with Shinji and Natsumi left alone with the other young people at the Ministers Ball.

    "I don't think I've met you two before," he says, turning his attention to the two girls who seemed closer to his age. "Matou Shinji, at your service."

    "Lily de Lune," one of the others - a bespectacled blonde with startling green eyes, dressed in silver and white gown - replies. "A pleasure to meet you, Monsieur le Matou. It is such a rare occasion that I meet someone our age at an event such as this. Truly, it is a cause for celebration."

    "When you say our age..."

    "You are a first year, yes, monsieur?" the blonde inquired brightly, with Shinji nodding slowly. "Let me guess...you attend Hogwarts. You are...a Hufflepuff, yes?"

    "Yes..." the boy admitted, his voice thoughtful. "All that is true, but how did you know? I haven't exactly seen you around..."

    "That is because I attend Beauxbatons, Monsieur," the spritely blonde replied. "I am simply here tonight accompanying my grandfather."

    "Ah," Shinji said. He turned to the brunette standing by the green-eyed blonde, a girl with rich chocolate-brown eyes, wearing floaty, periwinkle-blue robes, with her hair in an elegant knot at the back of her head. "And who might you be, Miss? I doubt we have met, for surely I would recognize one so lovely."

    The brunette shied away from his gaze, looking to the floor.

    "Um..." she whispered, her body seeming tense, almost quivering. "I'm...my name is Her-hermia. Hermia C-croft, M-mister Matou," she said, not meeting his eye.

    "Enchante."

    Who catches his interest most?

    [ ] Miss Hermia Croft
    [ ] Miss Rachelle Lestrange
    [ ] Miss Lily de Lune
    "The palaces of kings are built upon the ruins of the bowers of paradise." - Thomas Paine

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •