Page 90 of 91 FirstFirst ... 40808588899091 LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 1809

Thread: But For A Stone (A Matou Shinji Series AU)

Blog Entries

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    For mercy purposes, I fully intended to drop the lowest roll, just in case...

Thus, based on the calculations, I have good news and bad news.

The Good:
    Shinji did not fail the ritual and become a werewolf (a possibility only if drinking under the light of the red moon).
    The Bad: Shinji did not critically succeed, and so will not be unlocking a magical animagus form (ala Mongolian Death Worm, Runespoor, etc)
    The Ugly: Your new form kicks ass. Literally.

As Shinji is trotting around the grounds, getting the hang of his new form, he encounters one Gabrielle Lestrange, whose mouth drops open at the sight of a pure white "pony" walking up to her. It is evident that she wants a ride.

[ ] Give her a ride
    [ ] Shake his head but play with her
    [ ] Shake his head and trot away
    [ ] Transform back into himself
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; December 19th, 2018 at 02:41 AM.
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

Oh this form is funny. So many possibilities for jokes.

[X] Give her a ride

I see no reason why not to. Given that her sister helped him on the beach and Gabrielle helped, Shinji might as well be nice and let her have this moment. It is not like this is going to be recorded or get back to his friends...right?

Transforming back feels like being a jerk, and is the equivalent of ruining Christmas for her.

[X] Shake his head but play with her

Worried about her falling off if she rides on our back.

Blog Entries
    Shinji has now access to three different forms, that's pretty neat. Although, we should not look forward to the Wolfsbane Potion.

[x] Shake his head but play with her.

I'm alright with giving the girl bonding moment with the horsey. Just not in a submissive manner.

He's already been tamed in human form, allow him some dignity as an animal, please. At least, save the privilege for those who deserve it.

I can already imagine Shinji's reaction when Amber asks him to ride him with a crop.
    Last edited by Daiki; December 19th, 2018 at 06:14 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    [x] Shake his head but play with her.

Stay outside or lead her back towards the ball, as people are no doubt looking for her?

[ ] Stay Outside
    [ ] Lead Gabrielle Back to the Ball
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

Blog Entries
    [x] Lead Gabrielle Back to the Ball

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

This is almost all the votes I need for summer, so soon (this weekend, probably), I'll be starting the new book for BFaS. That means I'll need a few things from you all.

First, a title for the new book, preferably following the "But for a ____" format. Perhaps But for a Diary, But for an Heir or But for a Mule?

Also, I'd like to know the POV and area you'd like to start off the book with:

[ ] Natsumi / Amber - Mahoutokoro
    [ ] Selina - The Beauxbatons Summer Ball
    [ ] Ernie / Phelan - Exton Hall
    [ ] Shinji (As a mule) - looking back on summer

[x] Natsumi / Amber - Mahoutokoro

Blog Entries
    If we're following parallel titles it should be for But for an Heir, however, since we're already leaps and bounds away from mainline, it should have its own flavor.

It's a bit hard to come up with something without knowing the overall theme for the year but, I think we could go with something like But For An Ambition (or drive), for Shinji hasn't yet established what he aims to do just yet. Sure he wants power and recognition but that's still not a clearly cut goal. I think this year should be, to some extent, about discovery, notably oneself.

[x] Natsumi / Amber - Mahoutokoro.

Shinji the mule was tempting though. xD
    Last edited by Daiki; December 20th, 2018 at 09:48 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Discovery / lack of a clear purpose.

Hogwarts is facing it, as the accreditation team is coming through, evaluating them
    Dumbledore is of course, dead, so he's not there to give direction
    And others are fumbling to find who they are...

Some maybe names...

But for Accreditation (since Hogwarts is going thru that)

But for a Credit (same but now also Shinji and the search for more money)

But for a Fear (Shinji is doing so well, but there is a fear looming this year. Senpai leaving. As well as the fear of marrying Sakura that he had)

But for a Mare (the required animagus reference plus the meaning that everything shinji is doing for Senpai yet not having her)

Edit: Forgot I had not voted.
    [X] Natsumi / Amber - Mahoutokoro
    Last edited by Skull Leader; December 20th, 2018 at 05:01 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

I'm still ruminating on a title for this year - please feel free to join me on #fatehg on irc.irchighway.net and help me figure it out.

We have several things going on this year, as you know:

- Hogwarts undergoing accreditation trials again, with both a team from the ICW coming in - and of course, a spy planted among the students (much like some suspect Sokaris was - some even think she was the one who called out Hogwarts as not being up to the standard).

- Shinji desperately trying to find a way to impress Senpai / convince her to stay, so he doesn't get abandoned once again

- Shinji learning to deal with his attraction to forceful young women (good luck, mate)

- Shinji dealing with the pros and cons of being an animagus (and deciding whether to reg)

- Miyuki and co adjusting to having familiars

Perhaps...But for a Place?

Anyway...whose POV do you prefer?

[ ] Amber
    [ ] Natsumi

[X] Amber

Either of them works for me.

[X] Amber

Might as well go with her since her experience in Japan is the reason why Shinji is not there. So might as hear her thoughts of her summer.