Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 367681848586
Results 1,701 to 1,708 of 1708

Thread: But For A Stone (A Matou Shinji Series AU)

[x] Yes, Occlumency.

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    [x] Yes, Occlumency

Curiouser and curiouser, so Shinji will share with her the secrets of mind and soul. I suppose the moon did have dominion over the mind in the lore of ages. Of course, since Shinji has volunteered to work with her, it is only fair for her to work with him and share some of what she knows - or source his help for some of her projects, which can have other rewards

What will Shinji ask of Selina? (choose one)

[ ] ...to assist her with Crafting Wondrous Items (as she calls it)
    [ ] ...to help her as a (dungeon) Master (help her manage a group of...would be adventurers as they face a scenario)
    [ ] ...to help her find a familiar (that isn't from a pet store)
    [ ] ...to have her teach him how to pick locks and disarm traps
    [ ] ...to teach him how to understand girls
    [ ] (write-in)
    "The palaces of kings are built upon the ruins of the bowers of paradise." - Thomas Paine

[x] ...to assist her with Crafting Wondrous Items.

All of these sound good, especially lockpicks and trap option, but I think crafting basics fall more in line Shinji's repertoire, merging well with Occlumency and Curses. Keeps the mind busy and allows to make items that you can later enchant / curse for enhanced results.

We don't need uncommon creatures as support, we will summon one from an obscure / alien plane of existence. We're a warlock, we don't go fetch our familiars.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Skull Leader's Avatar

That one is on the scale of only being granted by a wish from a powerful magical item. In other words, Shinji you are doomed to never understand girls...like the rest of your gender.

Hmmm choices choices.

Oh the DM Shinji pick would be amusing, with him being let in on the joke of Selina. It might make a more thoughtful Shinji. At least he get a more sense on bad behaviors that players...ahm adventurers tend to do. And Rogue Shinji is always useful with the lockpicking skills.

To be fair Daiki, the familiar option is not about Shinji finding his familiar but Selina doing so, and she is not a Warlock so the limitation is ok. But I am curious what they would find for a familiar if they looked. But honestly I think if you are not going to go on a full on quest to find one, then you should not spend to much time seeking one out. Simply live your life and see what happens. A familar might find/choose you anyway. After all who's to say that they do not go looking for a partner themselves.

[X] ...to assist her with Crafting Wondrous Items (as she calls it)

The more cynical me might think this gets picked solely for the fable loot that it might generate in the future even if anything they make will not be anything even close to impressive for a very very long time (if ever). After all they are not Touko. Not like Shinji is going to throw everything else aside and go fully into this endeavor. But to me, it is not so much about what stuff we might generate but more a sharing of her passion with Shinji. Maybe he can help her but more importantly Shinji gets to see another form of someone creating something in a field they love. It is likely to remind Shinji of Miyuki since its rather similar to her passion with her passion for her herbology project.

If our new Soul Sister is going to help us with our own speciality we might as well assist her in hers and see what two heads can come up with.

[x] ...to assist her with Crafting Wondrous Items (as she calls it)

[x] ...to assist her with Crafting Wondrous Items (as she calls it)

I was only talking about Shinji's personal benefits of course but, yes, showing interest in what she does is a good thing too.

And yeah, I don't expect anything grand from Shinji's tinkering, just think it has potential to offer cool options down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Skull Leader View Post

That one is on the scale of reaching True Magic.
    Fixed that for you. x)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Skull Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daiki View Post
    Fixed that for you. x)
    So what you are saying is that if Shinji ever understood girls then he has became the new Wizard Marshall?

It is certainly a magic that could not be replicated by science. There you go Shinji your route to becoming a true Wizard. All you have to do is unlock the secret of understanding girls. Good luck.