Thread: Ga Rei: Krampus Night (Or how ESPers and friends saved Christmas)

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ga Rei: Krampus Night (Or how ESPers and friends saved Christmas)

It wasn't exactly common for a blizzard to roll in, even around this time of year.

Snow rushing by the windows of those who lived within the confines of Tokyo City, it is a storm that seems to have appeared without due cause; the weather had reported above average temperatures for winter -chilly, but not so much to give birth to snow- and yet, as if by some holiday miracle, the ten-clicks of a distant clock had given birth to a snow-storm the likes of which the city hadn't seen in over twenty years. For the children and couples it is exciting, there is a certain innate appeal to having snow drift from above at this time of year, a beautiful scenery that possesses a natural magic that can only manifest on this holiest of nights.

Yet for some, those who lay awake even in this time just before midnight, the holiness of the night in question has become compromised...

For you see, it is the night before Christmas...

And there was something crawling around in the vents.

Aoyama is not a normal city, there are more sightings of ghosts and 'shadow people' that the news stations would care to admit, and to those that live there, a light dusting of blatantly supernatural activity is almost accepted as normal, so normal that no one ever really comments on it or calls it out as particularly bizarre.

It is likely the fault of a certain monster fox that visited the place eight years ago, but...

To those that were touched on that day, no, perhaps to everyone that lives within this place even now...

The sound of something crashing down into their homes is rather difficult to ignore. It is a visit that is filled with a hostile intent, and yet when people rise to investigate, there is little to be seen...

Little that is, except signs of thievery.

Presents have been snatched up and spirited away, some people disappear too; how many?

Difficult to say.

The storm blocks exit, and for many it ends there; it's dangerous to go outside, with the weather you may just perish out there...

But to those that are brave, and those that are just pissed.

No thief is just getting away with those gifts.

The first of them, a certain coffee shop owner of Gold, runs out into the night to give chase, to behold...

The curtain of winter is really quite rough, but nothing for those humans that rarely give up.

A mountain of presents awaits center square, and sitting atop them the culprit, a demon with flair; he was cloaked all in red from his head to his boots, but a resemblance to Santa was really quite loose. It's face was like that of a goat and it's eyes were piercing red; looking so much like the devil that some thought that they were dead...

"The hell...?"

Liane called as she gazed up at the sight.

"Welcome-!"

It called back.

"To the last Christmas of your life!"

---

Ga Rei: Krampus Night
    A dubiously canon Ga Rei: Exodus Nine Christmas Story
    An SMT Style Christmas Carol

Ga Rei: Krampus Night is a fever dream I'm having is a sort of roleplay event that utilizes the characters of Ga Rei: Exodus Nine (and perhaps a few guests) in a Christmas setting battle against Krampus; after the demon appears to have stolen everyone's gifts for unknown reasons, and drawn those who were courageous enough to brave the storm to the center of Aoyama, where it promptly declares it is going to kill them all. Players of the Exodus Nine RP (even those that dropped out) can just use their characters here, while non players -guests- that wish to participate can create and use a powerless civilian (who might just find a Christmas miracle to help them out a bit.)

Of course while the backdrop is a 'battle' the real intent is to make an rp flavored "Christmas story," posts don't have to be direct attacks on the enemy, and actions like simply watching everyone else get beat up while waxing poetic about the holidays, sneaking around to grab some of the presents, or simply trying to escape are all perfectly viable courses.

In essence, it is a sort of 'mini-rp' that I'll update periodically and will probably end around New Years one way or another. Because of it's more 'silly' nature, I won't wait too long for posts from participants, and thus it'll have a more drop-in, drop out sort of feel As super demon Krampus bodies people.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Oh my God.

Count me in on this, Airen.
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    (We'll do OOC talk inside parenthesis/in the exodus nine OOC

IC Posts with character name headers

Start at any time)
    Last edited by Airen; December 25th, 2017 at 12:14 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Merisphilia

"Oh no..."

A five-year old girl muttered in growing panic, short blonde hair swaying back and forth as she paced around her living room.

It's gone.

The Christmas presents for herself and her sisters are gone!

She was grateful at first when none of her sisters went missing or hurt, but now she just felt angry. To think that the 'something' that is crawling around the vents actually dare to steal the presents... Absolutely barbaric!

She wanted so badly to search and see for herself the one who is responsible for this... But one look at the outside tells her that it is a bad idea. Even she, known as the bravest and smartest among her sisters, wouldn't normally dare to venture out into the cold alone.

Normally being the keyword.

if her parents were here, then they would have gone out and search for the culprit themselves; Unfortunately, they are out for a romantic evening, leaving her in charge of looking after her sisters.

And ensuring that they won't get sad when they wake up is her duty too, as the eldest sister.

So she wears her warmest clothing, making sure to wear gloves and hat and boots, and after checking that she didn't forget anything, braves out into the wilderness and frigid air of winter, mentally making a promise to return with the stolen presents.

--It was cold.

Even with all the layers of clothing, Merisphilia could still feel the cold down to her bone.

But...

The will of an older sister to make her younger sisters happy is not that weak-!

Empowered by her sisters' wishes, the girl braved through the blizzard, her steps seemingly being fueled by hopes and dreams. With each and every step she pictured the face of her sisters, and every time she felt like giving up she remembered her promise to return safely, with all the stolen presents, and her will is rekindled anew.

After some time, she finally reached the center square.

And sitting atop the mountain of present is a demonic mockery of a Santa Claus.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Santa
    "Welcome-! To the last Christmas of your life!"
    That ticked her off.

"Hey, Evil Santa!" She shouted, seemingly unfazed seeing a demon. "Why are you stealing people's presents? Give them back!" She demanded, cheeks puffed in irritation. "If you don't..."

"Then the real Santa will make you!" She pointed at the offender, failing to recognize that there is one other person there aside from the Evil Santa.

It seems she is running entirely on Christmas energy...
    Last edited by palad1n; December 25th, 2017 at 02:03 PM.
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Blog Entries
    Akane Suzushiro
    ???
    December 24th, 20XX

Today is Christmas Eve! The lights are shining. The couples are flirting in the open. Snow was everywhere. All in all this dimension seems to be pretty nice. I'm worried about the Skill Seal on my abilities and how my stats have been all limited to an athletic high schoolgirl's level, but it's nice to take a break from being the Protagonist every now then! Give me thanks Ga Rei PCs! I'll leave whatever issue that plot will inevitably throw up to you.

So naturally I went on a trip through this Aoyama city intent on making this vacation nice. But there was something weird about this. Like all of the Christmas trees looked empty. There was not a present in sight. Not even a decorative one...

So I looked at the store windows and the storefronts were missing the brightly wrapped gifts as well. The bags, wrappings, and even ribbons were gone! There's something shifty about this!

"There's something going on in this City."

Sorry Ga Rei PCs, but I'm taking things into my own hands. For...

"I, the Protagonists of Protagonists, Akane Suzushiro will not stand for someone ruining Christmas Day!"

So I searched far and wide until I found a big booming voice that screamed BOSS FIGHT. Oh right before we do this. Don't forget to save alright? I'm based off of Neptunia so I can't go screaming back in without you saving first. Well I guess I could... But honestly going through the opening part of this RP is a bit of a pain even with a skip function. So Save here!

So I entered the Center of Aoyama City to see who the boss of this Joke Omake RP was. Ah there he is. Big, dark, scary demon thingy with horns. Standing on top of a bunch of presents. And as if on cue like the scripted boss that he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Obvious Scripted Boss
    "Welcome to the last Christmas of your life!"

Meh 2/10 script. Needs more monologuing about why he started this whole stealing Christmas thing. Wait or could it be HP remaining cues during the fight. Or ugh the monologue is AFTER the fight where we sit here and listen to him talk until I make popcorn, eat it, and then run out before it's done. Long cutscenes are not very good for gameplay or RPs! It just has me sit here and wait for who knows how long.

I was about to challenge him when someone beat me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious Guest Player #1
    "Hey, Evil Santa! Why are you stealing people's presents? Give them back! If you don't... Then the real Santa will make you!"
    A little girl about five years old challenged the boss despite not having any super powers or even the normal RP character age. She was truly an abnormality! A little girl powered by the almighty Christmas cheer and power of the ONEE-CHAN. But it's not enough! Then again that's why I am here.

"That's right! For I, Akane Suzushiro, vacationing Protagonist of Protagonists and self-proclaimed Santa Apprentice shall stop you!"

With that said, I pulled out my level 1 equipment, the Wooden Bouken, in a clear challenge towards the omake boss.

"Now let's get him, Mysterious Guest PC #1!"