Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18232627282930 LastLast

Thread: Wewnter 2018 Anime

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    I'm going to really miss Pop Team Epic.
    I thought it was getting a second season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    I'm going to really miss Pop Team Epic.
    It will live on in many forms...

;_;7

I can't believe the Antartica Girls all froze to death
    Code:
    [07:55:59] <Spinach> Take off your clothes Kirby
    [07:56:07] <Kirby> I'm in class

[20:37:34] <Lian|phone> there is a such thing as lingerie for guys?
    [20:37:54] <Kyokushi> yea
    [20:37:57] <Kyokushi> they're called jockstraps
    [20:38:02] <Lian|phone> :o
    [20:38:07] * Lian|phone googles
    [20:38:10] <Kyokushi> NO
    [20:38:11] <Kyokushi> DON'T
    [20:40:07] <Lian|phone> okay
    [20:40:16] <Lian|phone> I don't think I should have googled that

[12:59:30]  <Spinach> call me onii-chan, bitch
    [13:00:12]  <kroyo> imma fuck ur shit up onii-fam

Blog Entries
    Arctica Girl when?

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    And the surprise unexpected AOTS ended. I'll miss these girls
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries

HNNNNNNGGHHH!!!
    *Cuteness Overload*
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Happy Megane Sion is Best Sion! ChiakiKakumei's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Does Overlord get better later in the novels? I mean, I know Ainz is the MC and this is the story about his army and stuff but can we at least have something not a stompfest from Ainz and his Army? The only threat was Shalltear but she's broken as fuck and she got mind controlled. According to the interview with the author, she can take down those
    Spoiler:
    higher tier dragon lords or something.
    Chibi V.Sion Army go!

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    If you don't enjoy OP characters stomping on everything, Overlord might not be for you. No idea about future LNs
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Honestly one of the best anime I've seen.

Lots of top tier stuff over the last few seasons but I place this above Houseki no Kuni and Made in Abyss solely because it's an original, completed story. Though the only other ones that would fall in that category are Princess Principal, Re:Creators, and Sakura Quest but I never finished SQ and Re:Creators was pretty lol. Maybe I should go catch up on Garo.
    Code:
    [07:55:59] <Spinach> Take off your clothes Kirby
    [07:56:07] <Kirby> I'm in class

[20:37:34] <Lian|phone> there is a such thing as lingerie for guys?
    [20:37:54] <Kyokushi> yea
    [20:37:57] <Kyokushi> they're called jockstraps
    [20:38:02] <Lian|phone> :o
    [20:38:07] * Lian|phone googles
    [20:38:10] <Kyokushi> NO
    [20:38:11] <Kyokushi> DON'T
    [20:40:07] <Lian|phone> okay
    [20:40:16] <Lian|phone> I don't think I should have googled that

[12:59:30]  <Spinach> call me onii-chan, bitch
    [13:00:12]  <kroyo> imma fuck ur shit up onii-fam

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I know it's really early to call Antarctic Girls AOTY, but there it's going to take something really special to take that crown away. It's going to be the measuring bar for 2018.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

マリーの味方
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiakiKakumei View Post
    Does Overlord get better later in the novels? I mean, I know Ainz is the MC and this is the story about his army and stuff but can we at least have something not a stompfest from Ainz and his Army? The only threat was Shalltear but she's broken as fuck and she got mind controlled. According to the interview with the author, she can take down those
    Spoiler:
    higher tier dragon lords or something.
    Well if you're asking if Ainz and co are ever challenged later in the LNs, the answer is
    Spoiler:
    Not yet. Everything after this mostly focuses on Ainz going public with his power and showing the rest of the world they should not cross Nazarick.

The only hint we have of a potential threat was shown at the beginning of the second season, with the woman from the Slane Theocracy who supposedly can match Shalltear. But since that scene she hasn't reappeared in the LN. The anime doesn't really explain this (Evileye was supposed to narrate it this episode), but there are apparently beings called "Godkin" which are said to be descended from Players. The woman from the Slane Theocracy is the strongest Godkin we know of.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I hope the rest of what comes out (original anime-wise, that is) for the rest of the year is nearly as good as Antarctica Girls. That show was really something else.

In fact, I'm planning on doing a rewatch with my best friend who hasn't seen it yet! The only other time I've rewatched something right after it aired was Yuri on Ice, but this is mostly just to enjoy it again because it's so good, not just to watch with friends.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Yeah, definitely my top pick for the season, and onto my all-time favourites list as well.

This and Yuru Camp has me starting to think about where I want to go this summer. Already picked up a new knife a couple weeks ago (X30CrMoN15-1 steel, mmmmm.... though I want to try an AEB-L blade too), though I need to reprofile the blade a bit. Upgraded my tent, sleeping bag, and mat in the last few years; might be time for a new pack this year...
    One must know the path one runs even if the ground underfoot is not as one chooses

Happy Megane Sion is Best Sion! ChiakiKakumei's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    If you don't enjoy OP characters stomping on everything, Overlord might not be for you. No idea about future LNs
    I don't really have a problem with it at all. I mean it's different from the Shonen Loop. I already watched both seasons. I mean Albedo is cool and all but her and Gamma have Inferiority/Superiority Complexes unless Ainz keeps them in line. Epsilon is well, an asshole too because she eats humans and snitched on Sebas. Alpha seems okay but then again, we have not seen Alpha, Beta and Delta in action other than some screentime and the Pleiades OVA. Zeta was pretty much the only person to get beaten but Evileye is her counter and she is pretty smart and somewhat more advanced than most of the charas in the current season even though Demiurge stomped her.

I mean the show is okay but I mean there are some flaws here and there. Like hyping those Lizardmen, They just got though there toughest battle with a Lich Lord and barely won and then comes Cocytus with OP gear and murdered them like nothing. I mean, at least he isn't much of a douchebag compared to the others. He is at least honorable and stuff and if he didn't had that gear, that brown lizardman would have maybe scratched him but Cocytus would have still won regardless. I mean Ainz would have just soloed them but he's like the "daddy" of Nazarick and teaches them that he cannot hold their hand forever or some crap like that or along the lines of thinking for themselves.

Honestly, if Ainz didn't remember about Touch Me and his memories of helping him when he was a noob, those 2 female villagers would have died. I mean. I understand where Ainz is coming from though. I think his thoughts are, "They are just NPC, why should I care to save them or not? I mean I'm just a human in a Undead Lord's body" There's also the part where I guess about Tuare. If Ainz didn't know that Tuare and Ninya were related, who knows what he would do to her. But then again, Sebas is Touch Me's Servant and he is honorable and all that and that Tuare wouldn't mind being killed by him. Well. Idk, I can go on and on and rant but I mean, this show is okay. I like some of the characters. I get that this is very different from most stories and LNs but I don't want this to get repetitive of like OP villain of the day and bam, dead.

I also get that this is Ainz's story, his journey and making Nazarick a force to be reckon with. I don't know how to explain further but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Well if you're asking if Ainz and co are ever challenged later in the LNs, the answer is
    Spoiler:
    Not yet. Everything after this mostly focuses on Ainz going public with his power and showing the rest of the world they should not cross Nazarick.

The only hint we have of a potential threat was shown at the beginning of the second season, with the woman from the Slane Theocracy who supposedly can match Shalltear. But since that scene she hasn't reappeared in the LN. The anime doesn't really explain this (Evileye was supposed to narrate it this episode), but there are apparently beings called "Godkin" which are said to be descended from Players. The woman from the Slane Theocracy is the strongest Godkin we know of.
    I thought that according to the wiki, Ainz would have
    Theorycrafting from the wiki or something
    stomped her and the Godkins.

I mean we have the Greed Kings and they would have been potential threats to Nazarick but lol died due to infighting. Then I forgot what else came after them but they was so much potential for these guys before Ainz and would have given him a challenge but nope lol author killed them off before the story started.
    Chibi V.Sion Army go!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Wonder when the NTR doujins featuring Futoshi, Kokoro, and Mitsuru will happen.
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So, I finished a bunch of stuff tonight.
    -Takagi-san kept being adorable all the way through.
    -Citrus kept being trashy. I still enjoy the MC way more than anything else in the show.
    -Magus Bride was solid shoujo, but was just short of being exceptional.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Read Takagi mango Mattias if you haven’t already

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Wonder when the NTR doujins featuring Futoshi, Kokoro, and Mitsuru will happen.
    Not soon enough
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    last ryuuou ep made me kinda dissatisfied with it. definitely felt pretty rushed here. i'm fine with not showing the other 4 victories but considering the gravity of this particular match i feel like it should've been longer, with more elaboration on the intensity and the thoughts behind the match.
    updated 2019/1/10

Blog Entries
    Garo's ending is 10/10.