Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Thread: Wewnter 2018 Anime

JP Friend Code
    709244809/Parasana

Aww yiss. Excitement building

Blog Entries
    And odd choice of stories to start off the Collection with, but enjoyable nonetheless.

Definitely excited for Tomie. <3
    "We do not know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realize what you are.
    That's what death is, don't you think?"

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Glencrest looks like it's going to be a pretty generic LN anime. I'll give it a shot to see if it develops, but honestly I'm more interested in the Prince and Princess from the opening segment than these main characters. They seem like they have some STUFF going on.

Katana Girls is just weird. The show tells you nothing about what's going on. It starts like Moe Tokyo Ravens, and then turns into Nanoha Vivid, and finally the Fugitive (maybe?). Also everyone has Radio antenna katana sheathe bealts because carrying it on the back or belt is too normal.
    Atlus: Just Make an Eroge Already.

Gundam-a-thon Status: 0079 Zeta ZZ Char's Counterattck War In the Pocket F91 Stardust Memories Victory G Gundam Wing Endless Waltz 8th MS After War X Turn A SEED IGLOO 00 Unicorn AGE Reconguista The Orgin Thunderbolt S2 IBO

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries

o7

https://youtu.be/vjI1QTjfyYE Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    m9(^口^)
    US Friend Code
    Will be back soon.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Glencrest looks like it's going to be a pretty generic LN anime. I'll give it a shot to see if it develops, but honestly I'm more interested in the Prince and Princess from the opening segment than these main characters. They seem like they have some STUFF going on.
    Oh shit, it premiered today? Nice.
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    You think people would just do that, say stupid things on the internet and claim victory when they're told that's stupid?
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    No but why ask him to pull out right before the end tbh

A Writer's Fate

F/GO JP & NA (Updated: 12/17/2017)

Beats By Matthew ft. Dr. Para Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Grancrest had no heart. The transitions were dogshit and plot points just happened to happen without reason. Lol at cute main girl swearing fealty to Theo for no reason. I'll give it two more episodes since she's cute but I don't have high hopes.
    Supports:

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Grancrest had no heart. The transitions were dogshit and plot points just happened to happen without reason. Lol at cute main girl swearing fealty to Theo for no reason. I'll give it two more episodes since she's cute but I don't have high hopes.
    Which is why I'd rather see a show about the former fiance's, who could actually be in love, fighting a war now that their respective fathers are dead.
    Atlus: Just Make an Eroge Already.

Gundam-a-thon Status: 0079 Zeta ZZ Char's Counterattck War In the Pocket F91 Stardust Memories Victory G Gundam Wing Endless Waltz 8th MS After War X Turn A SEED IGLOO 00 Unicorn AGE Reconguista The Orgin Thunderbolt S2 IBO

https://youtu.be/vjI1QTjfyYE Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    m9(^口^)
    US Friend Code
    Will be back soon.
    Blog Entries
    I liked it, very hopeful premiere for me. It was definitely rough around the edges. The first episode definitely could have benefited from being an hour long run time. It would've given enough build-up in the gaps and not made the transitions so fast. At the very least, I did want to know more about the world, the magic system, and lore behind the crests and the chaos convergence. The two main leads gave off that promise I was looking for, and the dynamic between them was funny.
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    You think people would just do that, say stupid things on the internet and claim victory when they're told that's stupid?
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    No but why ask him to pull out right before the end tbh

A Writer's Fate

F/GO JP & NA (Updated: 12/17/2017)

JP Friend Code
    gotta pass on cute girls fighting with swords, though I like that loli with Sephiroth's sword.

grandcrest senki: it's nice to have MC that isn't the weakest or the strongest.
    Last edited by AmADo VII; January 6th, 2018 at 09:43 AM.
    Family Mo-san

JP Friend Code
    689922268/Ria
    Blog Entries
    I'm actually willing to give Katana girls a chance. If only for the reason that it looks like Bleach with an all-female cast and an actually competent protagonist.

- - - Updated - - -

Early Bleach, mind you. Not the post Soul Society Bleach.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I found Gudako-chan in the audience, lol.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Devilman Crybaby is AOTS. Bravo, Yuasa
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Watched the first episode of "Citrus".

It was pretty decent, but the fact that all the episode titles are in lower case is driving me bananas!
    "We do not know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realize what you are.

Pop Team Epic was everything we were promised and more.

(Hardsubs up on nyaa btw)

Is Devilman Crybaby a direct adaptation of the manga (which from what I've heard had an extremely bleak ending) or just a remake using the same general characters and themes (like Gatchaman Crowds to original Gatchaman)?

US Friend Code
    304,680,406/Phil12
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Is Devilman Crybaby a direct adaptation of the manga (which from what I've heard had an extremely bleak ending) or just a remake using the same general characters and themes (like Gatchaman Crowds to original Gatchaman)?
    a direct adaptation with a couple changes

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    It's an adaptation of the manga with some original elements (like new characters or it being set in the present rather than when the manga was released. Also, different character designs) but the central cast and main events are the same.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    689922268/Ria
    Blog Entries
    Slow Start had more attention to detail and better animation than Apo. Hooray for SoL.

Blog Entries
    "I'm just a nameless conductor...please enjoy your ride home."

Just like in a fairytale, the hippo got his wish to become human, just for an evening and take the heroes safely back home in a magical train ride. <3

Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    It's an adaptation of the manga with some original elements (like new characters or it being set in the present rather than when the manga was released. Also, different character designs) but the central cast and main events are the same.
    Might give it a pass then. The animation style looks cool and I don't usually have a problem with gore, but I dislike anything with needlessly bleak or tragic endings.

I'm crying. This was more than I could have asked for. I unironically can't decide which of the set of voices was better.

- - - Updated - - -