Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] Vita TL insertion project

Quote Originally Posted by waterflame321 View Post
    So far one of the major differences is that a2aT, a2a, i20, i2i, etc follow a pattern on the Vita version that the Kiri version just does in on eline, as far as fg has gone, they seem to match up so far, but I expect it to get more complex
    It will get much more complex. I can send you my notes if you would like. I'm not sure how helpful they would be, they are not up to date and are a mess but it should somewhat useful.

Ever wonder what the game looked like without text...? Me neither, but it's a thing now... Thanks Interpreter... On the other hand... enjoy this ghetto rigged video(especially the clicking).

So as i pray... Unlimited Bug Works! Kariya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonamous View Post
    I have already completed all the script files for the ps2 version. I had to do a mix of a direct conversion and pure text dump and insertion. The issue with directly converting that I either couldn't overcome, or just didn't bother to try, was that the console versions @fg had many instances of a declared layer where the pc version did not. This caused many @chgfg to not function properly leaving "ghosts" behind in some scenes. It's just something to watch out for. Another thing was that the ps2 didn't use @rep so I had to convert them to multiple @fg and then a @fadein for the background. I'm not sure if you will have these issues or not but it's something to look out for.

Depending on how much free time I have, (I'm an electrical engineering student so I have none), I could have a patch made for the ps2 version in a few weeks/ a few months.
    I did not see that post, that would be awesome! There is no hurry, thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Kariya View Post
    I did not see that post, that would be awesome! There is no hurry, thank you very much!
    Yes and one month later the ETA is the same and I'm endanger of failing... again...

Anyway, in case anyone is wondering it looks amazing on my 32' tv from the ps2 with s-video out. (I think 32') I watched the Final Episode for the first time and I have no complaints lol. I am 98% done I just have to add in the English translation credits, translated and repoint the scene names, and remove some blank pages from the character descriptions in the status menu. The pages is being a royal pain atm because I can't find the damn data area for the pages in the status menu. Luckily for the weapons menu it was directly above the data area for the image sizes and page layout and I found it entirely by accident.

And I found them. Turns out if I had just searched for the values of the number of pages for each character sequentially I would have found them instantly. Oh well. Also still need to do the background music names for the sound menu, but that should be everything.

Also, I apologize for hijacking your thread waterflame321 I kind of got excited when I saw people may be interested in the console releases when I was secretly working on the ps2 version simply because I was bored. I will make a thread specifically for the ps2 release once I'm ready to put it out there.

Do to an unforeseen issue ETA is pushed back a bit. I will definetly have to play a significant amount myself before putting anything out there. I'm also working on injecting a word-wrapping subroutine into the main executable. I'm only missing one piece of information before I can start trying.
    Last edited by TheUnknownIdentity; April 16th, 2018 at 05:50 PM.

Yes and one month later the ETA is the same and I'm endanger of failing... again...

Anyway, in case anyone is wondering it looks amazing on my 32' tv from the ps2 with s-video out. (I think 32') I watched the Final Episode for the first time and I have no complaints lol. I am 98% done I just have to add in the English translation credits, translated and repoint the scene names, and remove some blank pages from the character descriptions in the status menu. The pages is being a royal pain atm because I can't find the damn data area for the pages in the status menu. Luckily for the weapons menu it was directly above the data area for the image sizes and page layout and I found it entirely by accident.

Also, I apologize for hijacking your thread waterflame321 I kind of got excited when I saw people may be interested in the console releases when I was secretly working on the ps2 version simply because I was bored. I will make a thread specifically for the ps2 release once I'm ready to put it out there.
    Gambare! You can do it! Yes, that's i want, play in a old TV, to me the effects are much better in that! I did remember playing in japanese some years ago, and it was amazing! I love that version, to me that was the golden age of F/SN.

Thank you very much for your work!
    Last edited by Kariya; April 10th, 2018 at 05:20 AM.

Sorry Anonamous, i did see your pm right now. I answered to you with another pm. Also, sorry for double post.

死者 Corpse
    Any news about the Vita version? I literally can't wait

I know this post is kinda old and I shouldn't revive old stuff...

But well, I kinda need this port and also it's the best way to play SN Portable, so if anyone wants some other guy to help testing and making stuff, lemme know, I don't have that much time yet, I can help whatever I can.

Is F/HA also finished it's translation yet? There is also a Vita port we can translateI know this post is kinda old and I shouldn't revive old stuff...

But well, I kinda need this port and also it's the best way to play SN Portable, so if anyone wants some other guy to help testing and making stuff, lemme know, I don't have that much time yet, I can help whatever I can.

Is F/HA also finished it's translation yet? There is also a Vita port we can translate

Blog Entries
    In the hopes I understood what he's saying, I'll try to answer.
    All translation for F/SN RN and FH/A are done done and available for PC.
    waterflame321 is working on porting F/SN RN translation for the vita. It's a WIP, not sure about when it's gonna be done.

Did you guys figure out how to do the patch on ps2? If so thats awesome. if you could tell me how or link me to another thread that would tell me how that would be great. If it isnt done yet or the project was abandoned thats totally fine. For me the only reason I'm interest in the ps2 version is because I personally don't pirate games (I don't have a problem if anyone else does though) and the only cheap way for me to buy fate stay night was through the ps2 version, so I've been looking for a while to see if there was a ps2 patch.

Blog Entries
    Anonamous is working on it and I know he's pretty close to finishing it. Dunno when is the release but you can ask him for a beta version, he could use the help :P

Quote Originally Posted by kiraandl View Post
    Did you guys figure out how to do the patch on ps2? If so thats awesome. if you could tell me how or link me to another thread that would tell me how that would be great. If it isnt done yet or the project was abandoned thats totally fine. For me the only reason I'm interest in the ps2 version is because I personally don't pirate games (I don't have a problem if anyone else does though) and the only cheap way for me to buy fate stay night was through the ps2 version, so I've been looking for a while to see if there was a ps2 patch.
    I have it, it's at the 99% mark and just have to finish testing. Unfortunately instead of testing the last route I have instead been trying to get it running in the PS4's PS2 emulator (mainly to record video) if I don't have it out by September 1st then you can definitely expect to see it by the end of September.

I would recommend getting a PS2 compatible with Freemcboot, a memory card with Freemcboot, and component cables for the ps2 as it is the best way to play the ps2 version ATM. I have been meaning to make a separate thread about it an for WIP but I just haven't gotten up of my butt to do it

This is great, the PS2 version is still the most affordable way to get the game. To have it actually playable in English is nothing short of a miracle. (the Vita version is hype too)

Unfortunately instead of testing the last route I have instead been trying to get it running in the PS4's PS2 emulator
    Pretty sure this is impossible and if it isn't it will be a major breakthrough

Quote Originally Posted by Strife ❤️ View Post
    Pretty sure this is impossible and if it isn't it will be a major breakthrough
    Shouldn't be impossible, as a modified PS4 can run games using the same emulator that come with the PS2 digital downloads. Here's someone playing Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 on a PS4, a game that was not released as a PlayStation 2 Classic title: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Etg3NFMQGcM

Sleeping in the Akasha... Riku Noctis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Truner View Post
    Shouldn't be impossible, as a modified PS4 can run games using the same emulator that come with the PS2 digital downloads. Here's someone playing Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 on a PS4, a game that was not released as a PlayStation 2 Classic title: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Etg3NFMQGcM
    It is possible, yes, but only with certain games (though they don't require anything besides making the .PKG) and only if you have the correct firmware version on your PS4. While there can be better compatibility if you know what you are doing with the dev tools, there's not that many PS4s around with the specific firmware. Then you have those annoying games that have some odd files instead of ELFs and the like. The tools are easy to use, too (both the PS4 dev and the one for the PS2 "Classics" which makes the .PKGs).

Having said that, it's very, very possible that Realta Nua can be played too, though in my case I consider it a waste of space on your PS4 if you can play it better on a PSTV/Vita (not every PS2 "classic" used this way renders at 1080, so no real benefit from playing it on your PS4 if that is so). Of course, if you have a PS4 with lower firmware, and that PS4 is the only way you have to play Realta Nua, it would be nice if the game really works by making the .PKG. Otherwise, I don't think it's worth it when there are better options.

Kingdom Hearts III: The End of Evangelion
    The Movie

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Angel View Post
    "Time to start learning Japanese."
    Five timeless words. ;.;

Quote Originally Posted by Riku Noctis View Post
    It is possible, yes, but only with certain games (though they don't require anything besides making the .PKG) and only if you have the correct firmware version on your PS4. While there can be better compatibility if you know what you are doing with the dev tools, there's not that many PS4s around with the specific firmware. Then you have those annoying games that have some odd files instead of ELFs and the like. The tools are easy to use, too (both the PS4 dev and the one for the PS2 "Classics" which makes the .PKGs).

Having said that, it's very, very possible that Realta Nua can be played too, though in my case I consider it a waste of space on your PS4 if you can play it better on a PSTV/Vita (not every PS2 "classic" used this way renders at 1080, so no real benefit from playing it on your PS4 if that is so). Of course, if you have a PS4 with lower firmware, and that PS4 is the only way you have to play Realta Nua, it would be nice if the game really works by making the .PKG. Otherwise, I don't think it's worth it when there are better options.
    I'm still working on it. Unfortunately the PS2 Classics emulator doesn't handle sceGsPutDrawEnv very well. It causes issues such as this
    Spoiler:
    It is likely caused by the emulator resampling or refreshing the framebuffer when it doesn't have to or shouldn't. I may have to end up writing a bit of changes in SLPM-66513_features.lua. Of course if I had the main executable with debugging symbols it would be child's play but I'll probably put it off for now unless I can enlist help from kozarovv at psx-place.

I really need to make a thread for the ps2 version I just haven't gotten to it because I'm lacking pics/video atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Riku Noctis View Post
    You can actually just turn the uprender off in the setting and change the ps4 output resolution to 480p and it looks the same as on the ps2 except for the graphical glitches.
    Last edited by TheUnknownIdentity; September 4th, 2018 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by waterflame321 View Post
    Ever wonder what the game looked like without text...? Me neither, but it's a thing now... Thanks Interpreter... On the other hand... enjoy this ghetto rigged video(especially the clicking).
    So for the sake of going back to topic: How is the Vita TL insertion project going? Playing F/SN on the go would be extremely awesome and the only way to do that atm is either on android (which I don't like) or through an overpriced GPD win. I'm quoting you because I've seen that your last activity was the day you posted this.
    Last edited by okabekudo; September 4th, 2018 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Doublepost

How is project going on?