Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] Vita TL insertion project

Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] Vita TL insertion project

So with Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] PC version Mirror Moon TL insertion project inserting it backwards shouldn't be that hard right...? Well yeah really in theory(and in practice) it's not... expect the patch uses commented out lines from the PC version that don't exist in the Vita version... they also added/removed lines(I assum combing lines).... So of course we can't make this easy and just do a quick switch...

There is also the fact that tools exist to extract the HuneX engine. They also provide tools for repacking... kind of. You see there is two different formats the engine seems to mix. the 3 file format(hed, mrg, name) and a single mrg file containing all three. The single file format of course also does things differently... making one for this isn't super hard once you just look at what already exists.

So working on and off this I have to prologue done(including word warping which was apparently an issue). Is anyone interested in a back port back to the vita? Besides adding/removing lines from the vita to line up with the existing English scripts, there is also the part of missing voice lines... besides line changes I noticed lack of voice for parts that are voiced in it's PC counter part(patched and unpatched) for example the flash back at the start with the young rin and her father, rin is voiced but not her father. So add adding new voices to the mix.

So since all the tools are available(I assume including what ever the sound is encoded as... I think it was some CRI Middleware nonsense...(why can't we just use normal audio files...)

So anyone interested? I was just planning on doing text insertion, but I'm sure possible to do the rest. if people want they can help out... it's not hard or anything, just time consuming.

EDIT: I forgot to mention... there is a funny issue with the Vita version. I'm not sure about version 1.0... but in version 1.01 when you first start(don't have a save) it disables Rin's voice. So you have to go in and enable it in settings. Also forgot to add some images.

Images

Fine and dandy but how do you know it's actually on the Vita...?

Last edited by waterflame321; January 7th, 2018 at 01:45 PM.

Blog Entries
    Really cool bro. Did word wrapping just work or did you add something?
    We have the tools for audio conversion, and also for script conversion (from Vita to PC, but I suppose making it support the other way around is possible). I don't have the time to work on it personally, but I can help you with the tools. PM me your discord if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    Really cool bro. Did word wrapping just work or did you add something?
    When converting it manually adds line breaks as needed. I'll also be messaging about tools. Any less work is good for me.
    Last edited by waterflame321; January 9th, 2018 at 08:02 PM.

I just registered to say I'd love to see this project completed and play this game in my vita. If you need some help feel free to PM me. I'm Spaniard, so I'm not English nor Japanese native speaker, though I'm proficient in English.

So as i pray... Unlimited Bug Works! Kariya's Avatar
    This it's awesome, congratulations! If you can do this on PS2 RN too, it would be super awesome! xD

Quote Originally Posted by Kariya View Post
    This it's awesome, congratulations! If you can do this on PS2 RN too, it would be super awesome! xD
    Sadly the PS2 doesn't run on the HuneX engine. So it'd be back to the drawing board... even then... would there be a reason to port it to the PS2 version?

I see, it's a pitty, thanks. Playing on ps2 i suposse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kariya View Post
    I see, it's a pitty, thanks. Playing on ps2 i suposse.
    I mean... it shouldn't be to hard... but certainly something I don't plan on working on(at least not till the Vita version is done)

Well, in the future would be awesome, there is no hurry. Good luck with your proyect friend!

Quote Originally Posted by waterflame321 View Post
    Sadly the PS2 doesn't run on the HuneX engine. So it'd be back to the drawing board... even then... would there be a reason to port it to the PS2 version?
    I have been working on the PS2 version for fun just to see what I'm capable of. You need mf_packer to unpack the archives. I wrote a python script to put all the english text into the game files and handle the word wrapping. I also wrote another python script to extract and repack the images and have translated the config menu (although it may not be correctly translated) I can post both my python scripts if you would like. The images are in .iif file format so you would need ifcaro's iif viewer to convert and reconvert the images.

The text python script isn't complete yet though. I still have to make it handle the blocks in text ( [block blah blah). Also, these are the first things I have ever wrote in python so the nomenclature and formatting may not be proper.

Let me know if you would like them.
    Last edited by TheUnknownIdentity; January 16th, 2018 at 10:48 AM.

That it's awesome!

Blog Entries
    Interesting. I actually also have scripts to extract the the PS2 files, but only the script files and not the images, and without repacking... so I'm interested in your tools mate

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    Interesting. I actually also have scripts to extract the the PS2 files, but only the script files and not the images, and without repacking... so I'm interested in your tools mate
    For the images:
    https://github.com/PGAnonamous/PS2-Image-Tools

For the menu in the example I converted the images to png and then edited them with gimp. It is important to convert the images back into the same .iif file type (clut8 or clut4 etc) Also you have to set the image mode to indexed with 16 colors for clut4 and256 colors for clut8. IF you edited it without changing that first you may not be able to convert the images back to the format they were with Ifcaro's PS2ImageViewer.

You can find the menues in DATA. The config menu is DATA/01.mf/4.mf/1.dat

As for the script python script, it takes the extracted PC patch scripts and copies the text from those files into the the ps2 script files and word wraps them. I haven't ironed out all the kinks yet though.
    Last edited by TheUnknownIdentity; November 2nd, 2018 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Fixed link after renaming repo

Blog Entries
    Thanks. I was always interested in the PS2 images. They were given to me in part and I had no way to know if there were more or how to extract them.

The only reason to do either of them would be that they are easily available for purchase and they are cheap. Other than that its just a hacking exercise. It's just a matter of what people have available to them. I personally don't own a psvita and the ps2 is cheaper to buy.

Also, the ps2 version of realta nua does seem to use the HuneX. The string "HuneX Consumer 3D System for PlayStation2" can be found in the main executable file. The file formats for PS2 HuneX games are not the same as the psvita version but the tools are also available for the files. I came across a thread about people attempting to translate lamune for the ps2 and the game uses the same mf_uffa archive format. I tried to implement word wrapping in a similar fashion to how the original FSN PC version was done by changing the [ruby text] code but writing it in MIPS proved to be too much.
    Last edited by TheUnknownIdentity; January 16th, 2018 at 06:36 PM.

It's amazing, thank you very much for your work. In my case i love the PS2 version, i have very good memories of these times and i would like very much play in the console.

While playing the game through the Korean patch, the error " Script exception raised The object is already invalidated " appears. What should I do? I used kirikiroid2

So just as an updated I had started writing an interpreter to convert Kiri back to HuneX's engine... and it just so happen someone messaged me with their own made interpreter... So between me and them we'll be working on just port the kiri script backwards, from the little that has been done I can certainly see some issues... but for the most part it doesn't seem to be to destructive to convert backwards.

So just as an updated I had started writing an interpreter to convert Kiri back to HuneX's engine... and it just so happen someone messaged me with their own made interpreter... So between me and them we'll be working on just port the kiri script backwards, from the little that has been done I can certainly see some issues... but for the most part it doesn't seem to be to destructive to convert backwards.
    I have already completed all the script files for the ps2 version. I had to do a mix of a direct conversion and pure text dump and insertion. The issue with directly converting that I either couldn't overcome, or just didn't bother to try, was that the console versions @fg had many instances of a declared layer where the pc version did not. This caused many @chgfg to not function properly leaving "ghosts" behind in some scenes. It's just something to watch out for. Another thing was that the ps2 didn't use @rep so I had to convert them to multiple @fg and then a @fadein for the background. I'm not sure if you will have these issues or not but it's something to look out for.

Depending on how much free time I have, (I'm an electrical engineering student so I have none), I could have a patch made for the ps2 version in a few weeks/ a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonamous View Post
    I have already completed all the script files for the ps2 version. I had to do a mix of a direct conversion and pure text dump and insertion. The issue with directly converting that I either couldn't overcome, or just didn't bother to try, was that the console versions @fg had many instances of a declared layer where the pc version did not. This caused many @chgfg to not function properly leaving "ghosts" behind in some scenes. It's just something to watch out for. Another thing was that the ps2 didn't use @rep so I had to convert them to multiple @fg and then a @fadein for the background. I'm not sure if you will have these issues or not but it's something to look out for.

Depending on how much free time I have, (I'm an electrical engineering student so I have none), I could have a patch made for the ps2 version in a few weeks/ a few months.
    So far one of the major differences is that a2aT, a2a, i20, i2i, etc follow a pattern on the Vita version that the Kiri version just does in on eline, as far as fg has gone, they seem to match up so far, but I expect it to get more complex