Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 611141516171821 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Reclamation (IC)

Blog Entries
    Caster of Blue
    16th of December, 2004
    East London
    Night (Phase 1-3)

Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    “But before I leave… Lady Caster, I’m afraid this is a situation where ‘pushing myself’ is required, as much as I would have agreed to prioritizing a gradual complete recovery over hasty fixes. If I may ask, might you be able to allow my arm and leg to function somewhat better, nevermind their actual state of damage…?”
    The girl pursed her lips, her visor lens glancing towards Erika for a moment before looking back nodding. "If that's what you want. Stay still a moment," she instructed him sternly, and quickly untucked his dress shirt again, not asking permission before sliding her gloved hands under the shirt and against his bare skin. The cold fingers grazed his midsection, exploring upwards until they reached the pit of his stomach. Still looking up, Caster sighed, then put on a breezy smile.

"There we are. Now, I'll warn you, Mister Archer, this may tingle..." She murmured as she planted her fingertips and thumbs around the solar plexus. "...Well, everywhere, really, but I promise it'll be in a good way."

She paused. "Well, after the first ten seconds, at least."

An open window.
    A silly dream.
    And with that, she squeezed her eye shut, warbling softly under her breath as she began to run electrical current throughout his spiritual body. "▂▃Focus."

Wise up!
    Statistics:
    STR: D+ (C+)
    END: D
    AGI: C+ (B+)
    MGI: A (380/800)
    LCK: C
    NP: A

List of Spells:
    Cellular Surge
    A spell that could easily be mistaken for healing magecraft, but which, in reality, is an extremely specific form of physical stimulation magecraft, akin to Reinforcement. By focusing and accelerating the electrical signals in the body, Cellular Surge accelerates cell processes and boosts the body’s natural healing, due to the increased rate of cellular division.

When cast, two [Minor Injuries] are immediately healed on the target. However, as the spell acts as an accelerant of natural healing, rather than a bonafide healing spell, it weakens the body’s natural capacity for regeneration, disabling the healing of Minor Injuries for the next two Phases. Wound healing is unaffected.
    Last edited by Sunny; September 24th, 2018 at 04:04 PM.

Signature by fumato

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Saber of 『 』
    15th of December, 2004
    Night (Phase 1-3)
    Lee Valley Park

The girls chat among themselves, talking of games and hiding and lunatics and whatnot, but I ignore it. None of that matters, not now, not anymore. I watch them speak and banter, but I hear nothing. I focus only on the man before me, a young warrior about my age with a presence of a lord or king— but a warrior nonetheless.

Am I grinning? Forgive me; I can’t help it. They say a warrior must keep her heart like the still water, but I’d say mine was set ablaze. This man has a aura distinct even among heroes, almost oppressive in its weight. It presses down on all around him, sapping the strength of all by his mere presence. Even in a War as strange as this one, this man is an anomaly. A warrior without peer— that’s what I’m looking for.

Show me how a real hero fights.

“Well then, my apologies if I’m a bit rusty. Its really been quite a while. I hope you don't mind if I play around a bit…”
    He charges. Spear in hand, kicking up a storm of dust and snow and earth out of sheer speed, faster than any human eye can track—

It meets no resistance. No force deflects the blow. Nothing stops it in its tracks. The girl barely moves from her position, an unmoving target. As if it hit its mark entirely, as if it could not miss. And yet…

—I’m faster.

I smile. “You speak of games?”

Pay attention, Master. This is your first lesson.

“—Then let us play.”

No force is needed. No power is needed. No motion is needed. Divide the waters with your blade, and it will simply give way. I hold a sword in my hand now, a plain and simple thing with no name, but a simple thing alone is enough. All is needed is one touch to divert the path of the thrust, throwing it off course.

Strikes have momentum, and it takes more to change one’s course at the full force of one’s momentum. True, he could recover from his strike before the snow sent flying would even begin to fall, but for a split second, he would have to recover— a fraction of a second longer than if I had completely stopped his spear in its tracks.

A fraction enough for me.

Like water, my body gives way to his blow. It flows, like the winds and rivers, a whirlwind that flies past the thrust of his spear. I close the distance even further, sending a blade screaming at his vitals. Bare distance separates us, close enough that I could probably touch his face.

Please think about other things.

“—Ah, but would you like somewhere a bit more private, to have our fun?” I smile again. “Or would you like to give them a show?”

Wiseup - Saber
    Parameters

STR (Strength) – A ⇒ B
    END (Endurance) – C+
    AGI (Agility) – A
    MGI (Magic) – C+
    LCK (Luck) – C
    NP (Noble Phantasm) – B

Skills

Ancient Martial Arts (Soft): A
    Proficiency in the martial arts of ancient China, dating from the Age of the Gods. Differs from the martial arts of the Age of Man. At this point in time, monasteries and schools of martial arts had yet to be developed, and most of them were practiced for the sake of warfare and military training. In this sense, they differ somewhat from the more well known “styles” developed later. The originators of the craft would be considered Huangdi and Chiyou, two of the founding sovereigns of China.

They were, in general, split between “hard” (硬) and “soft” (柔) styles. Whereas hardstyle techniques counter force with force, direct and headon, softstyle techniques revolve around using the enemy’s force and momentum against them, indirect and seamless. It’s the latter style she focuses on.

At this rank, the Servant can be considered to be an exceptional practitioner of martial arts, surpassing that of modern martial arts.
    ██████████████
    ██████████████

Last edited by Kirby; May 8th, 2018 at 01:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Berserker of Blue
    16th of December, 2004
    Night (Phase 1-3)

There is honour in servitude, if there was wisdom in its terms.

Apropos of the unfolding scene, these words rose from the distant past to the forefront of Berserker's thoughts. And while she did not think of her status as a Servant in consideration of such a thing as pride, there was cause to appreciate the binding power of words and therefore the good sense in one's careful selection of them.

"As long as our goal is met, I will not object."

She had spoken these words with the understanding that Freogan would pursue their common master's goals and keep her interests in mind in the Holy Grail War, and indeed he had given every indication both in his actions and character - if at times unconventionally - that those were his intentions. The caveat of his unorthodox methods was precisely what held Berskerker's tongue in this instance, else surely she would have had choice words of disbelief for the man's decision to accept an end to hostilities immediately after the first shots had been fired. And more than that, to then invite negotiations of alliance with casual disregard for deadly danger...

Meeting Freogan's eyes, an unspoken entreaty in them, she weighed the situation in her mind.

Berserker was no fool. She had come to understand that Freogan's seeming flight of fancy and outbursts of emotion served a purpose that the man was keenly aware of all the while. If he would, as he might have said, 'get chummy with the enemy', then surely he had an objective to pursue therein. Nevertheless she could not yet say she implicitly understood Freogan's intentions, which in turn led her to foster doubts where she could logically reason should be none. After all, she herself had asked of him to place his trust in her strength that Alexandra Chimeragenos had deemed sufficient; it would be unfair not to extend the same good faith to the man that was the Lord's trusted right hand.

Perhaps it was a ploy. Perhaps curiosity. Perhaps he did have the authority granted to him to broker alliances on behalf of the Lord of Zoology. Perhaps... no, most probably, he wanted another beer.

Whatever the case was, their action would technically facilitate the initial goal that they had set out to achieve. Her imprudent choice of words and the role she had assigned herself had been taken advantage of - intentionally or otherwise, it mattered little.

Berserker could not raise an objection; despite that, she was not going to stay silent either. However self-possessed Freogan was he could still do with a reminder of what exactly they were dealing with tonight.

"Well then, shall we get going?"

The Servant identifying herself as Lancer offered an question that sounded more like an order to the mismatched trio. The leather jacket resting on her shoulders was entirely too large for her frame but altogether did not look as ridiculous as it by all accounts should have, the fur-trimmed details accentuating the Servant's affected air. The owner of said jacket braved the night air in a thin shirt as though he had no regard for London's December chill - or anything for that matter, seeing as he was standing near Lancer as though she was a girl he was chaperoning to an after-concert pub crawl and not a supercharged familiar that could skewer him in the span of a hearbeat. If there was some sort of point in his behaviour, she was failing to see it.

But then again... hadn't he acted much the same with her as well, against her insistence that such consideration is wasted on a Servant?

In their first meeting, Berserker came away with the impression that Freogan Deofolgeat was a kind man. There was no reason to question that kindness now. If anything his actions demonstrated the lengths to which it extended.

However, to reiterate. She would not object, but sometimes the kind thing to do was to pull someone's ear.

"Of course, by your leave."                                  

"Temporary ceasefire, relocating to the northeast."

Not bothering to break the coldness in her voice or blunt the edge in her words Berserker moved up to the pair of Servant and magus, placing herself between the two without a hint of subtlety and turning to face the latter.

"Would you lead the way, Freogan?"

She addressed him with an easy tone, but the flat stare that only he could see told a different story in very plain terms.

Don't stand so close to her.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Akechi Tohsaka
    15th of December, 2004
    Royal Opera House
    Night (Phase 1-3)

“So what is this person’s name? What kind of person is he?”

“As I said, there is absolutely no…!”

A deep gong echoed throughout the vestibule.

Tokiomi let out a slight chuckle as the deep sound interrupted the rather lighthearted bickering between the two sisters. Pulling out a round object from his jacket pocket, the Tohsaka patriarch gave a slight tap to his pocket watch as he addressed her two daughters. Sakura for her part was merely watching Akechi and Rin with a soft smile on her face.

“I hate to interrupt you two, but I think you will have to finish this conversation later, lest we miss the opera altogether.”

Indeed. A quick glance at your surroundings made it abundantly clear that the gong was meant to imply the imminent start of the play. Most of the people around, who had previously been chatting merrily, handing in their overclothes, and chatting merrily, were now standing up from their seats and heading both up the stairs into the overhead booths as well as through the large wooden double doors into the main hall proper. Following Tokiomi’s beckoning, both you and Rin quieted, and the four of you rose left the cafeteria to enter the main opera hall.

The hall, much like the vestibule before, was large and elaborately detailed, almost to the point of excess. Though, considering that it was absolutely filled to the brim with people, with almost all of the seats filled, perhaps its enormous size was warranted. Though you still weren’t completely sold on the excessive decoration. Either way, the crowd was… well pretty much as you expected. Suits and fancy cocktail dresses abound and composed mainly of folks with a… better financial standing. From the looks of it, one person had even bought tickets to his host of butlers and maids, who, along with their master, had taken up the entire balcony box located above you. A woman in the front row was wearing what could only be described as… a pleasant worth of feathers in her hat. It was clearly expensive, but… well, let's just say that it wasn’t the most aesthetically pleasing to look at.

Another gong ran out, silencing the theatre hall.

And accompanied by the shuffling of cloth and the dulcet tones of music…

...the show began.

After some time...

About thirty minutes into the opera was enough for Akechi to get a general gist about the flow of the opera. A tale about a faithful wife, named Leonore, who disguises herself as a prison guard in order to rescue her husband Fidelio, who is unjustly languishing in a political prison. Not too creative as these things went, but perhaps that was for the best. It was one of the classics, after all, and no-one came to watch operas for their incredibly realistic storylines, all things considered.

The lead singer, a woman with long flowing black hair, opened her mouth, as the music started for, what seemed to be, yet another aria.

You felt it a mere moment before it manifested.

Suddenly, the entire opera hall was draped in an ethereal blue glow. A Boundary Field, no doubt, but it was on a scale you had never seen before with your own two eyes. Typically, most Boundary Fields were either limited in scope, being restricted to the size of a large room or a floor, or involved excessive casting time and prana expenditure, as seen with most Boundary Fields cast on workshops. This seemed to be limited by neither. Considering that you had detected no buildup of magical energy, the casting time must have been short. As for the range… not only was the entire massive theatre hall covered by the spell, so was the entire opera house. And half the street outside to boot!

Your eyes fell on the rest of the audience.

They sat in their seats, completely immobile, their eyes transfixed on the motionless singer on stage. A faint blue haze surrounded their forms, just like the theatre as a whole. Time Manipulation? No. Probably some type of spatial interference magecraft. From the looks of it, they were transfixed in some kind of stasis, completely unresponsive to outside stimuli. Interesting. Were their minds also transfixed? Or was that simply something that the caster didn’t care about?

Perhaps it was a Grand Ritual? But such a spell should undoubtedly require a large number of magi to cooperate, not to mention you should have still…

“I see our invitation was not for naught.”

Tokiomi’s voice was all too calm for a man who had been suddenly ensnared in unknown magecraft.

A deep voice echoed from above you.

“Hmh. Despite her talent, that girl is far too impulsive.”

A man in purest white calmly strode down from the balcony in what could only be described as a staircase of silver wires. His face was as if sculpted from the very marble of the balcony itself, for all the softness it possessed. Behind him, at least two dozen maids and butlers followed, impeccably dressed and walking in perfect sync. Almost doll-like in their appearance, they all had hair as white as snow and eyes of deepest red, reminiscent of polished rubies.

You didn’t need to even hear the name to connect the dots.

Einzbern.

Hehehehe. It's not like we gave the little miss any other choice, no did we?”

It took every fiber of your being to restrain yourself in order to not strike out at the sudden voice that appeared behind you, seemingly out of nowhere.

It was an old man.

An old man, with a wooden cane, dressed in what was clearly traditional Japanese clothing. Something that should have stuck out like a sore thumb in this theatre filled with suits and ball dresses. Yet… this was the first time you had ever laid your eyes on this old man. Hidden magecraft or a Mystic Code of some description? And that deep, almost raspy laughter…

As unintentional shivers ran over your back, Tokiomi stood up from his seat and gave everyone present a casual, confident smile.

“Well then… now that we have been so graciously invited to a royal audience, it ill suits us to keep our host waiting, now does it?”

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Michael Blackmore
    16th of December, 2004
    East London - Creekmouth
    Night (Phase 1-3)

Michael was silent throughout the 'treatment', not for lack of things to say, but because he'd been rendered speechless.

Such audacity! And such composure! Truly, Caster and Archer must have been larger-than-life figures, to be able to say such ridiculous things so easily. Michael himself could never have been so bold as to remove his trousers before two professional acquaintances in public.

His embarrassment grew, and for a few moments Michael averted his eyes, meeting Erika's and offering only a weak shrug.

Archer's words, after it was over, dragged Michael's mind out of the gutter.

“Master, there has been some movement in the river, though it is unclear from here. I will immediately head back to investigate. The path from the river to here was clear, it should still be safe enough for you to carry Lady Kanzaki through.”
    "Hold, Archer."

Michael raised his hand. He dared to sneak a peek and was exposed to the sight of Caster slipping her fingers under Archer's shirt, pressing herself up against him.

There had to be an reasonable explanation. Probably.

"I'll accompany you. If there's an enemy, I can stall it while you fire from a distance."

What went unsaid was Michael's true concern, something he couldn't dare voice for fear of violating the pride of every knight: You're already badly hurt because I forced you into a close range battle you were unsuited for. Please, don't expose yourself further for our sakes.

Blog Entries
    Archer of Blue
    16th of December, 2004
    East London - Creekmouth
    Night (Phase 1-3)

Caster’s magecraft was different from what he knew about being healed by … not just her, but magi in general. To harness lightning as a weapon was one thing, but to utilize it for curing? He had obeyed her, holding still as her cold gloved hands pressed against his torso, warning him about tingling. Never question a healer; that was one lesson he didn’t regret learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Caster View Post
    "▂▃Surge."
    Still, no amount of pain or combat could have prepared him for the sensation of electricity running inside him, leading to a slight gasp escaping him. Even warriors could do little to train their inner organs.
    After a moment to familiarize himself to the tingling, Archer crouched down to unroll his hem; he’d assumed Caster would need access to the injured limbs, but even as his fingers passed over the bandaged leg, the stiffness seemed to be washed away by the prickling crawling under his skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    "I'll accompany you. If there's an enemy, I can stall it while you fire from a distance."
    Archer glanced at his master with something akin to a frown. Their mission was to clear the way and to keep Lady Kanzaki in shape for her dive. The ladies were both accomplished magi, Caster even had quite a good aim, but shielding her master would not be a role suited for her. Could they still have some defensive tricks up their sleeve, or would bringing his master with him leave them far too vulnerable against further unexpected encounters?

Standing up while rubbing his healed elbow, he flexed his left hand. He was still weak from blood loss, but yes, Caster had indeed mended him the exact way he asked her to.

“Lady Caster, my gratitude for restoring my limbs’ performance.”

With a bow to Caster, and an acknowledging nod to her master, for she must have allowed Caster to spend prana on him, Archer turned to face his own master.

“Master… I too believe combining our talents is indeed an efficient way to battle possible foes, but to leave Lady Kanzaki unguarded, with no means of communication between us and them? It is not my place to argue if the ladies have no objection, yet…”

Archer trailed off, a slightly concerned look on his owlishly tilted face.

Wise up
    Healed Injuries:
    [Minor Wound - Lacerated Forearm]
    [Minor Wound - Bitten Calf]
    Last edited by canaki; May 10th, 2018 at 07:39 PM. Reason: format

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Michael Blackmore
    16th of December, 2004
    East London - Creekmouth
    Night (Phase 1-3)

"I trust in your eye, and your arrows. With a good enough vantage point, nothing within sight will be beyond them."

Michael reached into his pocket and withdrew from it a cellular phone, black and bulky and clearly meant to withstand more than a bit of shock.

"If any threat remains nearby, it will be in the river. That horse made of water you mentioned - the enemy Servant might have left it behind as a parting gift to anyone coming to claim the leyline."

He flipped it open and pressed several buttons in quick succession.

"As for communication..."

From within Erika's bag, a tinny rendition of a certain song could be heard.

Blog Entries
    Erika Kanzaki
    16th of December, 2004
    East London
    Night (Phase 1-3)

First Archer taking off his pants and now this…!

I think I could just die of embarrassment right now…. Why isn’t Michael stopping Archer? Why is Caster shamelessly copping a feel? Why did Michael have to call me right now when I forgot to change my ringtone?

My palm collides with my forehead. I really can’t handle this right now, but I should be more focused on the situation… Deep breaths, Erika. One, two…

Alright. The plan, well, there’s not much to debate about. I’m fine with splitting off from them—but to be honest, it’s for the better. Before Archer was taking off his pants I’d realized the folly of inviting an Enforcer to aid me, and with that out of the way… Well, I can be truer to myself, I guess.

“I’m fine with those terms. I’m certain Caster can take care of me,” I say, hoping my voice sounds calm enough. “Just keep me informed about the scenario, we’ll try to assume a position where we can support you or secure a safe route to the leyline.”

Hmmm, Caster, have you ever been on a boat?

It’s not really something I actually consider on using, but maybe… Well, I can explain it to her as we split up.

Spoiler:
    Aetherhalt
    E-A
    Individual Fundamentals

In the same vein as Aetherflow, the flow of a fluid can be made to stop, rendering it extremely rigid and solid. Generally, this covers a wall-shaped area of fluid. Primarily used to defend against physical assaults, it is no good against curses and the like. More creative uses are things such as walking on air or water or delaying something, such as halting the air inside a lock.

Rank generally dictates the strength of the wall created, but also can mean size. When used on prana, Aetherhalt temporarily halts the effect of the spell, but does not do anything more.

Blog Entries
    Caster of Blue
    16th of December, 2004
    East London
    Night (Phase 1-3)

“Lady Caster, my gratitude for restoring my limbs’ performance.”

“Master… I too believe combining our talents is indeed an efficient way to battle possible foes, but to leave Lady Kanzaki unguarded, with no means of communication between us and them? It is not my place to argue if the ladies have no objection, yet…”
    The girl gave a giggle at Archer's slight, unbecoming gasp, tilting her head and looking up impishly as she extracted her hands from his shirt and scooted back. Her expression somewhat suggested that was already payment enough.

"Happy to help, Mister Archer. Just be sure not to make the mistake of confusing functional for healed. It's easy to forget, believe me," she gave a thin smile as she got up, dusting herself off. "I closed them up superficially, but it'll still take time for your body to be good as new."

She cupped one of her gloves to her cheek, a gloved finger against her bottom lip, chewing on the tip of that finger thoughtfully now that she was finished. Michael's device quite interested her too - she understood enough to recognize its purpose from what knowledge had been given to her, but the schematics themselves were left frustratingly opaque to her. Then again, it was better to discover it for herself, in any case.

I wonder if Erika or Miss Natsuki have a spare that I can take apart...
    Well, if not, I'm sure I can put it back together.
    Probably better than it was, too!

While making plans internally, she externally nodded, making a thoughtful noise while still chewing on the fingertip. "Mm. I don't particularly have any objections, if Erika doesn't... The two of you will be close enough if needed."

Quote Originally Posted by Erika
    “I’m fine with those terms. I’m certain Caster can take care of me. Just keep me informed about the scenario, we’ll try to assume a position where we can support you or secure a safe route to the leyline.”
    Caster nodded, plucking the finger from her mouth and folding her arms behind her head. "That sounds reasonable. As long as we're kept aware of each other's movements, two vantage points are better than one," she agreed, then smiled and tilted her head. "Does it always play that melody?"

Hmmm, Caster, have you ever been on a boat?

I've designed more than I've been on, but a few. Though, ah...

She paused, a strangely sheepish expression flitting across her face for a moment. I may have a few problems with swimming, ahaha.
    Last edited by Sunny; May 11th, 2018 at 12:35 PM.

Signature by fumato

Blog Entries
    Archer of Blue
    16th of December, 2004
    East London - Creekmouth
    Night (Phase 1-3)

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    "As for communication..."
    “… Ah, the modern wonders of far-speech. I see, there is nothing to be concerned of.”
    The device occupied one hand, but that should not be an issue if he did his job properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Kanzaki View Post
    “I’m fine with those terms. I’m certain Caster can take care of me”
    Quote Originally Posted by Caster View Post
    "That sounds reasonable. As long as we're kept aware of each other's movements, two vantage points are better than one"
    Tucking his shirt in as he nodded to the each of the two confirming the plan, Archer stepped towards the edge of the container they had been standing on for the past minutes.

“Well then, shall we head off?”

And off he went, dropping from the edge, towards the river.
    Last edited by canaki; May 11th, 2018 at 07:17 PM. Reason: typo

Blog Entries
    Arwyn Cadfael Penrith
    15th of December, 2004
    Night (Phase 1-3)
    Lee Valley Park

“Why?”

The innocent question hung in the frozen night air, suspended by silence, only to give way to an disruptive entrance. One announced by unearthly blue light and sparks of electricity, of a figure clad in dark cape and armor—and one that, with its appearance, took with it all of Arwyn’s preconceptions of the situation he found himself in.

His eyes took in the confidently grinning visage, one that could not have been further from his own at the moment of silent consternation.

“Boo, Saver. Boo! You were meant to stay hidden and watch!
    Really... Have you never played hide-and-seek before? You are meant to only reveal yourself if you are found, not before.”

Hide-and-seek. The flicker of a callback echoed in Arwyn’s mind, bringing to mind an eerie echo of the situation of mere hours ago, similarly following the unannounced appearance of an otherworldly being. Just as it had been then, so it was now.

…A Servant.

But this was as different in nature of an encounter as the once-orderly apartment was from these frigid woods.

Though it seemed no one in the situation paid further heed to the shallow ditch that in reality concealed a grave, it was not relief, but disquiet, that dominated Arwyn’s consciousness.

That the young girl was clearly a participant in this “war,” with all its inescapable implications of bloodshed, was a fact he could not help but be troubled by…perhaps even unsettled.

“Well, it can’t be helped if you got found out already.”
    “Show me what you can do! Go get em, Saver!”

With that, the exchange of blows began. In the meanwhile, Arwyn seemed hardly to react to it, standing where he stood, slightly apart but still much too close for comfort—if he had registered it at all.

One may not have thought so, if weren’t for the faint expression of concern betraying otherwise. A brief inner struggle ensued, his instincts to...do what, he knew not, but something, conflicting with the rational imperative to simply stand by and observe—but no, Saber had said as much. Her goal in coming here was the very act of fighting itself. It was not his place to question, nor to interfere.

…It would not be right for him to disrespect that desire. It could not be right.

Instead, he forced his gaze from the otherworldly spectacle of inhuman display, to land back on the girl and the two maidservants behind her.

In spite of the earlier deterrent of the flinty-eyed maidservant’s reaction, he hesitantly spoke up again; this time addressing one of them specifically, the young girl.

“If I may dare to assume, miss, you are the Master here?”

Against all his inclinations, the earlier exchange between the girl and the armored warrior could only seem to suggest so.

He held his gaze at eye-level, so that he could speak to her face to face; made possible by the distance between them, or it would have been necessary for him to kneel on one knee; and perhaps he would indeed have done so even in the snow. The tone in which he spoke was soft, framing his next question carefully as he sought to steer clear of anything on his part that would seem to suggest accusatory or patronizing intent, and yet wishing to know the answer to the question nonetheless.

“…Was there anyone who asked you, or told you to do this?”
    Last edited by Reiu; May 16th, 2018 at 02:23 AM.

Blog Entries
    Akechi Tohsaka
    15th of December, 2004
    Royal Opera House
    Night (Phase 1-3)

I continued teasing Rin until I heard a gong ring out loud in the area. This is probably a notification for all of the watchers to proceed into the theater proper. Judging from the movement of people and father’s tapping on his pocket watch, I seem to have made a reasonable assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokiomi
    “I hate to interrupt you two, but I think you will have to finish this conversation later, lest we miss the opera altogether.”
    “You’re right Father. Missing the reason why we are here would be bad… Even if I’m personally more interested in Rin’s love interest at the moment.”

Walking into the theatre room’s hall was like the vestibule. Overtly ornamental, a giant room, and… excessive expenditures of money. Case in point, I see someone who has brought all of their maids and butlers for no reason other than that they could. At the very front of them was someone’s very expensive and horrible impersonation of a peacock. The casual display of wealth displayed is concerning. It was almost like an arrogant Lord’s flaunting of money which is concerting. Worst case scenario, he might have to be silenced.

I did a discrete motion for Assassin to monitor them. Better to be safe than sorry.

Some Time Later…

The opera was something I could understand. Even if I have to question the realism of the play, it was mildly interesting. I liked the protagonist’s initiative and her unorthodox approach.

The lead singer went to sing her next aria when I felt my circuits suddenly turn on. Without even thinking, I turned on my circuits to counteract whatever effect was about to effect me. And whatever it was, it was big. The whole building was covered in an eerie blue as if I was wearing my new blue tinted sunglasses and the people in the opera house. Everyone was stuck perfectly in place, the lead singer was still preparing to singing her aria and in the distance I saw a drink flying towards a surprised patron.

Time manipulation? Spatial manipulation? I’m not exactly sure because I studied general magecraft and certain people’s magecraft more. The scarier information is the fact that it had neither a buildup or limit in scope at all. Which means a large magi group casted simultaneously and in sync to build a boundary field or Grand Ritual like this even temporarily.

Who could do something like this? Go over the facts we do know. Large group of magi, highly trained, however in sync. Clock Tower Enforcers are out due to varied training and synchronization. The Church militants are incapable of creating a field this big even if they have training and synchronization to do it. So that left only one potential group, our allies for the Holy Grail War the Einzbern and the Matou. And there was only one massively large group in this Opera House.

“I see our invitation was not for naught.”
    “So Father was this what you meant when you were going to contact the Einzbern?”

Even if I’m on edge by the sudden magecraft, I kept my composure. I casually turned around to see the head of the Einzbern descending down a stairway made out of silver strings. So this was Justeaze Einzbern.

Quote Originally Posted by Justeaze Einzbern
    “Hmh. Despite her talent, that girl is far too impulsive.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Zouken Matou
    “Hehehehe. It's not like we gave the little miss any other choice, no did we?”
    And behind me was a man… That I didn’t recognize… Even if I wasn’t actively trying to search for people, I should have seen someone that sticks out like that. Especially in my general area. I resisted the urge to eliminate the unknown who suddenly appeared next to me, but I had an idea on who it was. If he was casually talking with Justeaze Einzbern, then this was Zouken Matou the head of Gendou’s family.

Both of their voices felt off. Unnatural, inhuman, and lacking. A doll and… something masquerading as humans.

“Well then… now that we have been so graciously invited to a royal audience, it ill suits us to keep our host waiting, now does it?”
    I proceeded to stand up from my chair and carefully placed both of them in an equal view before curtseying.

“Good afternoon, I apologize for my impulsiveness. I will admit that I’m not terribly competent at magecraft but I will do my best to support the White Team with my other talents.”

Blog Entries
    Archer of Blue & Michael Blackmore
    16th of December, 2004
    East London - Creekmouth
    Night (Phase 1-3)

Well, you found a boat, but…

The swan-headed pedalo sure wasn’t what you had been expecting when you started your search for a river-faring vessel. Located approximately half a mile upstream from the container yard where you had fought Rider mere minutes ago was an establishment that seemed to rent out boats for couples. Unfortunately, as could be expected from such a seasonal business, the little dock had been almost completely emptied, most likely for storage. In fact, the aforementioned swan pedalo was the only boat left in the dock.

A sign depicting a small cartoon cat and the words “See you in Spring!” was hanging in front of the dock, blocking entry.

Not that something like that would block you, of course.

It was just that… the pedalo didn’t look the sturdiest, all things considered. That and the inherent inefficiencies of it made it a less than a suitable method of actually traversing the Thames. Well, it was still somewhat usable for the short-distance trip you had in mind, but…

Wasn’t there really anything better around?

Arwyn Cadfael Penrith & Saber
    15th of December, 2004
    Night (Phase 1-3)
    Lee Valley Park

“Or would you like to give them a show?”

“Sorry, lady. As juvenile as I am, I can’t help but want to show off a… bit!”

Moving in a manner almost reminiscent of a live viper, the redirected speartip was brought back to deflect Saber’s blow.

In less time than it took Arwyn to blink, the two Servants had already exchanged no less than sixteen blows.

The shockwaves that accompanied their supersonic blows seemed to almost meld into a single, all-consuming cacophony. Saver’s deflected speartip seemingly cleaved through the very earth itself, leaving a deep cut a meter wide in the surrounding terrain. Saber quickly moved to take advantage of the opening, yet her blow is stopped by the back end of Saver’s deflected spear. In a motion more reminiscent of an executioners ax, the deflected spearhead is then brought to bear on Saber in a quick horizontal swing, only for the raven-haired Servant to evade the lightning-fast swing as if she had already seen it coming a mile away.

In terms of raw strength, Saver was probably superior. Even Arwyn could tell as much, based on resounding weight behind the green-haired Servant’s blows. Though… it almost felt as if Saber was being “restrained” by something that Arwyn couldn’t quite make out. A slight discrepancy in her blows, almost as if she expected them to go an inch further then they did in actuality. Normally, this would have probably translated into an advantage for Saver, but...’

The sword-wielding Servant’s skill was truly transcendent.

The two Servants separated for a brief second.

Saver let out an appreciative whistle and a grin.

“Color me impressed, Saber. I originally thought it might have been some type of curse, but…” Small patches of blood seeped through Saver’s lime tunic, as the Heroic Spirit brought up his spear and rested it casually on his shoulder. “It’s like palé, isn’t it? A martial technique? It's really quite incredible. Are you magnifying the residual shock conveyed to my body from when our blows clash? Magnification of internal energy? It's almost like...”

Saber’s opponent let out a quick chuckle.

“Hah, Its almost as if there is no point in me blocking your blows in the first place. Unfortunately…”

The bloody splotches on Saver’s clothes suddenly started to… disappear? Almost as if disintegrating, the crimson blood seemed to take on a silver glint, before breaking down into a hazy, almost smokelike, stream of silver particles that floated towards the skies above. A moment later, you could not even make out a scratch on Saver. Of course, it was always possible that the mysterious Servant had simply hidden his wounds, but… it didn’t seem like something that would be in character for the spear-wielding man.

“...that type of thing won’t really slow me down.”

A sharp crackle suddenly ran through the air as Saver’s entire body was suddenly wreathed in azure lighting. In a flash, the snow surrounding him evaporated, revealing the darkened ground beneath, only to be torn up by the random discharges of electricity emitting from the opposing Heroic Spirit.

“Show me more, Saber!”

In a flashy twirl, Saver aimed the spear towards Saber once more. However, this time, his intentions were clearly different. Lighting up in a manner that could only be called reminiscent of a bolt from the very gods themselves, the spear was brought back and launched towards Saber.

Its strength was incomparable to the blows that the two had changed mere moments ago.

With a sharp crackle, the hypersonic projectile was flying towards Saber, with thunder and waves of sound following in its wake.

Meanwhile...
    “…Was there anyone who asked you, or told you to do this?”

The white-haired girl turned away from the fight, only to look at Arwyn with puzzled eyes.

“Told me? Hmm…” Her eyes seemed to suddenly pierce Arwyn before a glint of understanding suddenly lit the crimson orbs. “Could it be that your not even a magi, Mr. Doggie?”

“I kinda expected you to be one, considering that you had already summoned a Servant and were trying to get rid of a witness, but…”

“Oh well, it's not really important.” The girl flashed Arwyn a cheeky grin. “Either way, no one told me to do anything. Kiritsugu just told me to stay at home today.”

Her eyes narrowed into an almost pouty line. You almost had to force yourself to not sympathize with whoever was responsible for her upbringing. No doubt she was one of those prankster kids that hid for three hours in the attic only to surprise their distraught parents while they were in the middle of calling the police.

In other words, a handful.

“But that is so booooooring…”

Arwyn could make out the glint of frustration flickering in the eyes of the stern maid standing behind the white-haired girl.

“And then there was a disruption in the Boundary Field, soo….”

Meanwhile, the slightly air-headed maid had, for some reason, picked up a nearby branch that had been broken off by one of the shockwaves emitted by the clashing Servants. Breaking it into a smaller piece, she then threw it into the treeline with a slow arc, where it vanished into the underbrush.

The four people present shared a brief moment of puzzled silence before Leysritt turned her questioning eyes back towards Arwyn.

“....fetch?”

Wiseup - Saver
    Parameters

STR (Strength) – A
    END (Endurance) – B
    AGI (Agility) – B*
    MGI (Magic) – B*
    LCK (Luck) – B
    NP (Noble Phantasm) – A++

Skills

Counter Hero
    The ultimate test against those that would call themselves “heroes” by a being that can only be counted as a “savior.” It is the fundamental difference between the two that gives birth to this skill.
    D: At this rank, one of the physical attributes of an enemy engaged with Saver is reduced by one rank for the duration of the fight. This skill is reduced in effectiveness against opponents that possess the "Anti-Hero" attribute or who possess monstrous characteristics. As Saver's nature as a "savior of mankind" is of a relatively limited scope, his rank in this skill is sub-par compared to the other members of his class.

????
    A peculiar ability that seems to enhance Saver's physical attributes. Further information is required to fully elucidate the effects of this skill.
    A+: At this rank, the user's AGI and MGI attributes are boosted by a single rank under certain conditions. Other aspects are currently unknown.

Mana Burst (Thunder)
    The capability to infuse weapons with magical energy. The said magic energy is infused with the user’s own element, causing additional damage.
    A: At this rank, the Servant’s attacks are accompanied by raw thunder and electricity. By paying 20 prana, the user can increase his STR by one rank. In addition, basic lightning-based ranged attacks and skills can be used by paying 50 units. The scale of these effects is one rank lower than the user’s skill rank.

Noble Phantasms

?????

Type: Anti-Unit

An unknown Noble Phantasm that seems to render Saver impervious to damage. Its upper limits are currently unknown, but at the very least it seems to immediately heal most common types of minor injuries and wounds inflicted upon Saver.

Unlike other Noble Phantasms of a similar nature, ????? does not seem to reduce or restrict the effectiveness of incoming attacks. Instead, its effect seems to be reminiscent of a temporal curse, where the attributes of one’s physique are not allowed to deviate from a set of predefined values. Rather than being a partial blessing or a curse bestowed on Saver by an outside source, it seems to be an inherent divine attribute bestowed upon him at birth and an extension of his ????? skill.
    Last edited by Mellon; May 27th, 2018 at 03:43 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Michael Blackmore
    16th of December, 2004
    East London - Creekmouth
    Night (Phase 1-3)

"Archer..."

The expression upon Michael's face as he stared at the swan pedalo was unreadable.

"Recklessness is not a flaw - it is a choice. Recklessness allowed us, despite being unsuited for a frontal assault, to fight off that Servant. And here, choosing a quicker, less-optimal option over one that is safer yet takes longer to acquire... might be the correct decision."

Even so, he stared, unblinking, unsure.

Blog Entries
    Archer of Blue
    16th of December, 2004
    East London - Creekmouth
    Night (Phase 1-3)

Frowning at the cartoon cat sign, Archer let out a small sigh.
    This war was happening in an inconvenient season for commandeering boats, it seemed.

“…… If searching any longer for alternate choices is unlikely to yield better results, we must make do with what we have.”

Even a fragile boat was still a boat, even with the unbalanced swan-head.
    Anything better than swimming was welcome.

“Shall we head over to investigate the disturbance?”

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lancer of White
    16th of December, 2004
    Night (Phase 1-3)

It was almost too familiar. The Servant's behavior was no stranger to a lady of the court, much less a mother: It was the latter that resulted in Lancer simply keeping her distance after the maneuver. It after all betrayed a certain kind of immaturity, if not a complete lack of tact. To offer a lady a coat, on an implicit level, meant so much more than simple consideration for her health. Especially in her current status, it was not like health had been much of a concern to her.

And it was with that implication the Servant seemed to struggle. Lancer had a hard time not grinning, but as earlier stated, it was no longer the time to provoke her. Instead, all she did was nod at Freogan. Subtle enough that one could have possibly missed it if they had not paid attention to it, but certainly not subtle enough for the woman that had taken on the role of a humanoid wedge to do so.

That, after all, could not possibly be a provocation. Just a simple gesture of acknowledgement of a ladies' troubled emotional state.

"Ah, I did not want to impose..."

Now, no grin. A gentle smile. So perfectly artificial, as if filed onto a doll's head. And yet seeming genuine in its intent at the very least, even if its presentation betrayed a bit of self-satisfaction.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Freogan Deofolgeat
    16th of December, 2004
    Night (Phase 1-3)

A rather awkward expression rose to Freogan's face as his gesture of handing over his jacket had... multitude of side-effects.

It was an expression of someone who did not exactly know why things had come to this, but who was groaning inwardly that something they had avoided was bubbling to the surface once again. After all, Berserker's and Lancer's hostilities were so palpable even a slight emotional buffoon like Freogan could realize it. Showing some tiredness, he rubbed his left shoulder with his right hand, as if trying to ease a growing migraine. No, it was clear he was nursing a whole cavalcade of headaches that he just knew were right around the corner.

"Uh... Righty-o," Freogan grunted, lighting up a cigarette before offering one to the others... Berserker first, and for some reason excluding Mitsuno completely. "It won't be a long rump over to London Apprentice, so you guys just... just try not to cause a public scene for any ol' arsehole to witness, alright? The last thing we want is local authorities to crash upon us like a tidalwave of Bobbies from Hell."

In Freogan's eyes seemed to be no clear understanding of what the finer points of the animosity between the two Servants were, but he was able to read the mood to some extend. In other words, he realized that Berserker was angry at him for some reason, and that Lancer's smile did not seem to appear genuine in ways that mattered the most. In other words, Freogan gazed upon the two with the instinctive understanding of a pub-crawler who had seen the ups and downs of human emotion a hundred, if not thousand, times.

And it was clear he wasn't exactly happy with how things were turning out, clearly intending doing something about it.

"Anyways, just follow me," Freogan said and patted Berserker on the shoulder to reassure her. It was clear that he had intended to pat her on the head, but had realized in time it might not have been the wisest thing to do. "It's just a hop, skip and a jump over a drunkard's thrown up lunch!"

Thus did Freogan, shivering a little in his T-shirt, start leading this very odd group towards the other pub he had mentioned previously - London Apprentice, located just outside of Syon Park.

"Hey, Nigel! Mind if I use your kitchen for a moment?"

Apparently this Nigel didn't mind, as even though it was clear that London Apprentice had closed its door about an hour or so previously, Freogan managed to waltz into the establishment without nary a care. Of course, he more or less knew the owner of the pub. Freogan more or less knew every pub-owner in London. And during times like these he could shamelessly ask for a favor or two from them. Just like in this case where he walked over to the man counting the day's money at the register, spoke a few quiet words to him, nodded towards the three ladies in his company and made a vague gesture with his hand. Whatever he had said, it made the older man give an understanding nod. This Nigel then left the pub, throwing the keys to Freogan and giving a curt nod of goodbye to the women.

All that said done, and having pretty much taken over London Apprentice, Freogan slipped behind the counter and swung open the door to the kitchen. He grabbed a brown 'Kiss the Cook's Arse" apron hanging from the wall and put it own, tying it behind his back. At the same time his other hand grabbed three glasses from behind the counter, slammed them on the table, and poured some bourbon in each of them. These were followd by one glass of apple juice.

"Alright, you Jocks nurse these while I whip up some food for you," Freogan announced while downing his own bourbon in one big gulp. "Shouldn't take too long. Burgers and sweet potato fries okay with you lot?"

Without even waiting for an answer, Freogan headed through the open doorway towards the kitchen in question... only to turn to look over his shoulder and practically glower towards the trio. Like some sort of angry eastern deity standing staring down to them.

"And God help me if you bell-ends start a kerfuffle in my kitchen..." he added as a warning.

Apparently there were places that even Freogan respected enough to not allow their sanctity to be sullied.

Thus started a strange show that perhaps none of the people present had expected, one that two Servants and one Master could watch through the open door at the kitchen. After all... since when had cooking become such a point of importance during a Holy Grail War?

The three could see how Freogan switched on the large oven in the kitchen, setting it to preheat itself. At the same time he grabbed a bag of pre-cut sweet potatoes from the shelf and furled them onto a baking sheet while grabbing some cornstarch and spices from another shelf. Skillfully, like he had done this a hundred times before, he seasoned the fries-in-the-making with some salt, pepper and chili before coating them with cornstarch and olive oil. With his right hand he grabbed the baking sheet into a bundle and shook violently, spreading all the ingredients involved evenly. It was a rough method, but it seemed to work as the results spoke of themselves. In just a scant few minutes he had made a veritable mountain of sweet potato fries, ready to bake.

While the oven was preheating, Freogan began preparing the hamburgers he had talked about. He spent a good while getting ingredients from the large fridge and the various shelves, setting them up on the table before him to get ready. After spreading the array the way he wanted, Freogan used that moment to transfer the sweet potato fries to the oven that had been ready for a minute or so. Then he grabbed a large metal bowl from the closet and threw in large portions of brisket and chuck into it. These were followed in rapid succession by salt, garlic powder and pepper. Then those rough hands of his, more often used to punch other bar patrons or hold a pint, began combining them in brisk but experienced motion, kneading the meat and spices into a rough paste that combined the best parts of all of them. Without hesitation, Freogan then slammed them onto the washed, wooden counter and divided each into four huge portions, somehow ending up with more matter that had been put into the bowl... or so it seemed.

--- Then began the real work, and suddenly the whole pub was filled with fragrances that could have made Buddha's mouth water.

Having buttered up buns for each of the burger, Freogan used the rest of the butter (a lot) to brush the cast-iron griddle he had been heating up over high heat. He threw the burger patties on to the hot griddle and followed it all with a copious amount of small, sending smells of cooking meat and spices wafting from the kitchen into the pub proper. Beautiful red meat began to turn golden brown the instant he did so, and a satisfied smile rose to Freogan's face. While the patties cooked, Freogan utilized the few minutes he had to heat up a pan where he threw things such as cut up onion and bacon. About two minutes and he returned to the patties, flipping them over with almost theatrical moves; high up in the air and then back on the griddle once more.

It was clear he was somewhat showing off, especially judging from the smug smile on his face.

Freogan's cooking-show continued with him arranging a slice of Cheddar and a slice of American cheese in star-formation on top of each patty, enveloping them completely. He quickly washed the metal bowl he had been using earlier and used it to dome the burgers. Inside, cheese began to melt into a nigh-liquid-goodness. Meanwhile, Freogan flipped over the sweet potato fries that were baking inside the oven, and did the same for the bacon and onions frying on the pan. The latter he removed from said pan at the same time as he removed to the bowl from the burger patties, revealing that the cheese had practically melted with the meat, creating what could be only described as holy grail of culinary arts.

After transferring the ready burger patties onto a baking sheet and putting them under a bowl-dome once more (The smell of food had now enveloped the whole interior of the building. There was no escape.), Freogan lightly toasted the buns of the burgers on the griddle before switching off the heat from it. Finally, after about twenty minutes from when he started, things were starting to form up.

In quick succession, buns were placed onto the table, one on each plate, and a patty of cheesy meat was placed atop each of them. They were followed by freshly cut, juicy tomatos, the glazed onions, some pickles, a pile of washed lettuce, four slices of bacon and a generous dollop of mayonnaise and dijon mustard. The top bun followed and everything was lightly pressed down to make it hold. After he was done, Freogan was left with four hamburgers; each one was the size of a child's head. The patties, especially, were enormous.

But he wasn't done, oh no. There was still the matter of sweet potato fries.

Once they had baked through in the over, Freogan pulled out the fries and spread them evenly on each of the plates to accompany the burgers. This meant that half of the plate was burger, the other half was fries. Indeed, it seemed that this man simply did not understand the term "small serving". One could have fed a small army with the amount of food he had cooked.

And it was this food that he now, finally, started bringing over to where the two Servants and one Master were sitting.

"Alright, you nobs and sods! Time for grub!" Freogan laughed as he placed a plate in front of Berserker, Lancer and Mitsuno on the counter. "As for drinks, yours truly recommends a Vienna Lager. Here, lemme pour you lot."

Freogan rummaged through the shelves and came up with three large beers which he immediately poured onto glasses that he handed to the two Servants and himself. For Mitsuno, he opted to pour a non-alcoholic lager that didn't foam nearly as much as the other drink. In any event, what the two Servants, one red and one blue, ended up staring was a golden brown liquid with a creamy foam on the top and a slight bubbling under the surface, all accompanied by the richest of fragrances when it came to good alcohol.

"See, it's toasted malt character chucks in a nice caramel sweetness, so it'll go great with a juicy beef. And you bell-ends ain't gonna find juicier beefs than these this side of Europe," Freogan chuckled, grinning from ear to ear. "Nothing to overpower the taste of the burger in this beer, so you can drink all you want. No worries, it's on me. The way I see it, I invited you lot, so I should nut up and pay for it too."

Now, how to best describe the meal Freogan had prepared? Overly large? Yes. Brimming with taste? Absolutely? Sinful in the amount of calories? Definitely. Bringing both the best from grease and taste? Exactly. Fit for kings and queen despite its humble origins? Indeed. Made to satisfy tastes of even the pickiest of Servants? Affirmative.

... In other words.

The physical battle might have ended and talks of a truce may have begun, but... somehow, in here, within that kitchen... a Noble Phantasm-grade attack had been prepared! One to overpower taste buds with EX-Ranked deliciousness and make the Holy Grail itself descend from the heavens to get a taste of the heaven brought upon earth within these burgers. It was underhanded, it was sneaky in a way nobody expected of the rough-and-tumble man that was Freogan Deofolgeat. It was unrelenting and it would not stop until those subjected to this anti-army attack would relent and take a bite...!

Yes.

As Freogan took a sip from his beer, leaned on the counter and threw a sweet potato fry into his mouth, his grin couldn't have been any wider.

And that grin of his spoke of one thing.

Yes. There are seconds if you want them.

----------- Somehow, there was something fearsome in this aura, a culinary expertise and confidence to surpass a Servant...!
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; June 7th, 2018 at 03:33 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Saber of 『 』
    15th of December, 2004
    Night (Phase 1-3)
    Lee Valley Park

Sixteen blows. Each brought them neck-to-neck, face-to-face, that bare second more than enough for each to regard the other. In Saver, she saw a ferocity almost like a wild beast, a boyish and playful glee at the prospect of battle. Clearly, a man enjoying himself. And in Saber, he saw…

No joy. No ferocity. No excitement. No fear.

—Nothing at all. An entirely unreadable countenance like a porcelain mask.

On the seventeenth, we separate. Smoke rises from the singed edges of my robes, slight burn marks on my skin, my hands and neck. A lull settles over the forest, dust settling and smoke rising and the steam of the vaporized snow fading like fog, as if what had just happened had to settle in.

The mask slips. I can’t help but grin.

“You’re pretty good.” Absently, I raise a hand and draw it across my cheek. It smells of blood, of burnt flesh. “Y’know, it’s been a long while since I’ve fought anyone capable of even scratching me. Real heroes really don’t disappoint, do they?”

“As for me,” I say, drawing the bloody finger across the flat of my blade, its redness like ink, “I’m no magician. There’s not much of a trick to what I do, other than when you put that much raw force— momentum— behind your blows, you leave yourself a bit open, just enough for me to get hits in. When one navigates a flood, one does not oppose its course, but diverts its flow. Though given your… condition, it looks like? Or is it a curse? It looks like you’re the kind of man who can afford to be a bit reckless.” I laugh, at that.

But have you noticed, Master? How he heals his wounds? In terms of skill, I should be able to evenly match him, but in a case like this where I can’t do any lasting damage, I cannot win. At best, force a stalemate, but— W-what even are you doing over there? Are you even paying attention!?

They’re not, by the way.

Another silence settles in. “...They’re not paying attention.” I mutter this under my breath.

Yes, I’ll admit, I can’t help but feel a bit dejected over that. At least Saver seems to be enjoying himself, I guess. Is my face red? It’s probably showing on my face right now, isn’t it? The silence settles deeper into the forest as if to exacerbate this fact, and I sigh. No matter. If I’ve found an opponent who can last more than two hits, one who can even manage to hurt me, no less, then…

“It would be rude of me not to go all out.”

I take my sword and make a single cut at the hem of my neck, tearing the burnt cloth off my shoulders in a single motion. I let my robes fall open, leaving nothing but the bindings on my chest, letting the wounds and burns along my arms and shoulders exposed to sting in the cold winter air. Cloth would just get in the way now, anyway.

All things are born from the ███. This is the immutable truth of this world.

And so, I raise my blade above my shoulder, taking a stance. “Don’t get me wrong; I’m not delusional. I know that as you are now, I cannot do any lasting damage to you.”

And thus all the myriad creatures are linked to the ███ by virtue of their birth.

“By virtue of attrition, it’s no longer a matter of who emerges the victor. The outcome has already been decided.” Power courses through my body, concentrating themselves into the roots of the soul. “But y’know what?”

Open, gates to the channels of the eight meridians. Burn, furnaces of the three elixir fields. Essence into vitality. Vitality into spirit. Spirit into emptiness. Open the path that returns to the ███.

“Against an opponent who can stand before me, I’d like to see, just this once, how far I can go.”

In appearance small and simple, in essence hidden and deep.
    其道甚微而易,其意甚幽而深。

The Way has a gate, a yin and yang; opening and closing, the yin of fading and the yang of strengthening.
    道有門戶,亦有陰陽。開門閉戶,陰衰陽興。

In the way of the war, the spirit is driven, the face is serene.
    凡手戰之道,內實精神,外示安儀

Appearing as the gentle maiden, concealing the fierce tiger within,
    見之似好婦,奪之似懼虎,

Defining one's own essence, and following the spirit,
    布形候氣,與神俱往,

As if night were day, springing as lightly as the hare,
    杳之若日,偏如滕兔,

Seeking form and shadow, attending not to light,
    追形逐影,光若彿彷,

Letting breath ebb and flow, in accordance with the Truth,
    呼吸往來,不及法禁,

Vertical and horizontal, forward and reverse; back and forth yet without sound.
    縱橫逆順,直復不聞。

Through the Way, and one man becomes a hundred, a hundred becomes ten thousand.
    斯道者,一人當百,百人當萬。

Here I come.

Pay attention Master. For real, this time.

Wiseup - Saber

Parameters

STR (Strength) – A ⇒ B ⇒ A+

END (Endurance) – C+ ⇒ B+
    AGI (Agility) – A ⇒ A+
    MGI (Magic) – C+
    LCK (Luck) – C ⇒ B
    NP (Noble Phantasm) – B

Noble Phantasm
    Gate of the Way
    道之門
    Type: Anti-Unit (Self) Mystic Sword

The earliest known exposition on the art of the sword, that would come to influence swordsmen for generations to come, can be considered the origin of swordplay as a martial artform in the East. The embodiment of her teachings, this Noble Phantasm is technically utilized any time she draws her sword— in essence, it is her sword skill. It reaches its full potential upon activation, where the treatise acts as the incantation to a ten-count spell.

The effect is very simple. Upon activation, she becomes one with the ███, and increases her skill a hundredfold.

Reflexes. Perception. Processing. Strategizing. Qi manipulation. As this Noble Phantasm increases her skills, rather than outright physical fitness, making her stronger or faster or tougher, the increases are primarily in one’s mental capabilities.

Effect: Activate and gain access to 4 skills at A rank. This would be selected from a general pool of approximately 10 skills or so.
    Duration: 5 turns

Skills
    Ancient Martial Arts (Soft): A
    Even when parried, the shockwaves accompanying the user’s attacks carry over, dealing damage equal to half of the users STR score.

Eye of the Mind (True): A
    Heightened capacity for observation, refined through training, discipline, and experience. A danger-avoidance ability that utilizes the intelligence collected up to the current time as the basis in order to predict the opponent’s activity and change the current situation.

Mana Burst: A
    The ability to increase performance by infusing one's weapons and body with Magical Energy and instantly expelling it.

Seeking the Truth of Martial Arts: A
    A Skill granted to those who purely, wholeheartedly, refine their martial arts, ignoring social position, prestige, riches, and women… mostly.

Sphere Boundary: A
    A meditation-based technique by which, through utilization of Qi (one of the culturally-specific names of Od), one may perceive the exact conditions of the immediate environment, and make use of the resulting perception so as to adjust and minimize the noticeability and the impact of one's existence.

Last edited by Kirby; June 26th, 2018 at 01:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer of Blue
    “Shall we head over to investigate the disturbance?”
    "We should, but first..."

Michael looked away from the water, towards the nearby ocean of shipping crates and warehouses.

"This is a small establishment, with little reason to take its boats far. Scan the nearby storage lockers for labels; the real ships may have been put away there for the winter."

Blog Entries
    Michael Blackmore & Archer
    16th of December, 2004
    East London - Creekmouth
    Night (Phase 1-3)

It took the Archer of Blue and his Master a few minutes of searching, but their prudence was well rewarded. A bit further away from the dingy dock, you managed to find a relatively unperturbed garage, with the same annoying-looking cat mascot illustrating its surface. A few moments later, Michael had forced open the locked door with a sharp crack, causing the broken pieces of the heavy padlock holding the door to clatter down on the ground.

Behind the door, you could see your bounty.

A fair number of various riverside boats were stored in the small garage, nigh all of them in a far better condition than the swan-headed pedalo outside. They probably lacked space inside the garage and simply their most weary boat in the docks, hoping to get rid of it when spring came. In the end, you decided to grab the white rowboat near the edge of the garage. It was the only boat not prone to mechanical failures and most likely used to bail any of the other boats out of trouble, if needed. Perfect for your purposes.

Carrying the boat to the riverside and dropping it in the water took you another five minutes.

The closer you got to the Whirpool, the more you could feel the merciless motion of the waves rock your tiny rowboat. Whatever Archer’s eyes had spotted before seemed to be gone, but the massive river Thames was no less peaceful for it. True to its name, it felt as if the water around you was flowing down the sink, dragging you and your boat along with its currents. Even Michael, who was nowhere close to a Lecturer in his magecraft finesse, could sense the buildup of raw Mana in the air. The motes of gold flickering through the air were a testament to its mindboggling concentration. The very fact that you could start making it out with purely your normal vision sent chills down the back of both the Servant and his Master.

Now the only question was how to get close enough to its heart to tame this torrent of magical energy.

Aila & Caster
    16th of December, 2004
    West London - Neasden Temple
    Night (Phase 1-3)

The Neasden Temple was a massive complex you could make out from afar.

Built from what looked like pearl-white marble, its domed tops, intricate detailing, and grand arcs reminded you of Angkor Wat or Akshardham, albeit at a smaller scale. Nevertheless, it wasn’t something you had expected to see in England and felt like as if someone had just taken a chunk of India and dropped it in the middle of London. You felt no trace of the masked figure you had caught a glimpse of at the Museum. Caster’s spells had seemingly done their job admirably, although based on what Aila had read Assassin-class Servants, it would be unlikely that you would detect his presence even if Caster’s spells had been seen through.

Hiding was a specialty of the Assassin class, after all.

As the four of you took a brief breather near one of the picturesque white benches near the Temple, Caster’s eyes fell on the elaborate complex itself. Even from this range, you could sense the lattice of protective wards and Boundary Fields that surrounded the building. Both the age and the foundation that underpinned their existence was something completely incompatible with Caster’s magecraft, or even the more modern variant practiced by her Master, Aila. Nevertheless, based on the general flow of Mana through the structure, they felt more indirect than direct in nature. Meant to hide, rather than directly affect the targets within its range.

Nevertheless, both the number and weight behind the wards was significant. Not significant enough to match Caster, of course, but significant enough to make dealing with them not an instant nor a subtle task. After all, Neasden was one of the few places in London, along with Westminster Cathedral, that did not directly fall under the Magic Associations directive. Which always meant that one had to prepare for the worst.

“I think we should be safe for the time being. I… I don't think milady Caster’s magecraft was seen through.”

Lapis was standing a bit behind Aila, clearly ready to flank her homunculi Master should it prove to be necessary. Leaving the surroundings of the Museum had clearly been beneficial to the silver-haired butler, as her complexion had much improved. Her voice still remained slightly shaky, though whether it was due to any remnants of discomfort remaining over from the Museum or due to the impression the sheer scale of Caster’s magecraft had left on the Einzbern homunculi remained unclear. As for your other compatriot… Ushabti’s eyes were glued to the temple complex in front of you and an inscrutable look passed over his face.

“An oasis in the middle of a desert. But for whom?”

Akechi Tohsaka
    15th of December, 2004
    Royal Opera House
    Night (Phase 1-3)

Matou Zouken let out a raspy chuckle, one that reminded you of crackling parchment on a dry summer day.

“Khahahah… This one is for sure yours, Tokiomi. Nice and polite on the surface, yet ready to sink a dagger in my back the moment my back is turned. Nagato must be rolling around in his grave at the sight of what his family has become.”

Next to her, Akechi could hear Rin grinding her teeth. It was clear that the wrinkled old man was grinding the young Tohsaka heir’s gears in all the wrong ways. In fact, you could already see a flicker of reflective light escape from between her closed fingers. No doubt she had already armed herself during the initial confusion that had accompanied the manifestation of the strange Boundary Field. Sakura for her part was looking over the situation with a slight hint of concern on her face, but even in her case, you could feel a slight tension running through her body, almost as if preparing for the inevitable confrontation that would follow.

If Tokiomi had been frazzled by the Matou patriarch’s words, none of it was visible on his face. He simply gave the older man a slight nod in greeting and flashed him a rather genial smirk.

“Now now, I would rather you didn’t provoke my daughters like that, Zouken. We are supposed to be a “team”, after all.”

Another raspy chuckle was the only response given by the old Matou.

“Enough. This meaningless banter is merely a waste of time.”

The imposing Einzbern man, for his part, simply dismissed the banter between the other two men as an irrelevancy. It was clear that Jubstacheit von Einzbern was a man who found very little pleasure in casual conversation. Or perhaps it was something that had been left out of his design in the first place? While you had met members of the Einzbern family before, the elusive head of the family never really left their residence in Germany. Nevertheless, you had always assumed that the family head would be… well, not a homunculus, at the very least. Yet the man in front of you felt no more human than the elegant doll-looking women behind him. In a clearly different way, yes, but still similar. After all, a dishwasher and a refrigerator were designed to fulfill different roles, but they were, fundamentally, still machines.

“You are correct, of course. No doubt if we do not go out, she will come to us.”

With those words, Tokiomi started heading upwards through the opera hall, towards the large double doors that led back into the main lobby which you had left behind mere twenty minutes ago. The homunculi servants, along with the three Tohsaka sisters, followed them in silence. No one else in the theater moved even a muscle, their physical forms seemingly transfixed in space and time in a perpetual state of stasis.

The large vestibule was devoid of people, save for the one standing in the middle of it. The large double doors leading to the entry hall had seemingly vanished, leaving behind only ripped hinges and a splintered frame.

“I will have you fully explain this mess that you have created.”

The air around the Vice-Director of the Clock Tower could only be described as electric. While her Magic Circuits had clearly not yet been opened, the dominating aura excluded by her sheer presence overwhelmed nearly everyone in the room. Her tone was sharp and seemingly brooked no opposition, even though she was ostensibly facing people who had openly rebelled against the Association.

Zouken was the first to respond.

“What is there to explain, girlie? The Association left us with no other choice. Since you had no intention of returning the Grail to us, no matter the number of our requests..”

Lorelei interjected with seemingly nary a concern for the older man’s words.

“That “toy” of yours was placed under a Sealing Designation by the. You have no more right to it. It is under the safekeeping of the Association now.”

“Hmh… an amusing joke if I have ever heard one.”

“The Holy Grail is ours, Barthomeloi. We will not leave it in the hands of infants and charlatans.”

Lorelei recoiled almost as if she had been slapped across the face. An emotion that could only be described as righteous fury, blazed in her normally dismissive auburn eyes.

“Infants and charlatans? You dare?!”

“I will not be mocked by a member of second-rate failure of a family that could not even keep a hold of their True Magic, nevermind by their leftover toys.“

“Drag as much refuse with you as you want, Einzbern. Rabid mutts who bare their teeth towards their betters are to be put down, not rewarded.”

Tokiomi, for his part, made a placating gesture, though those who knew him could clearly tell he was bristling inside, based on how tightly his fist grasped the ruby head of the ornate walking stick in his hands. It was clear that having the Tohsaka family merely dismissed as mere “refuse” of the Einzberns by the Vice-Director of the Clock Tower rankled him more than he wanted to admit.

“Now now, there is still time to come to a reas….”

“I refuse. I did not come here to barter or negotiate with you.”

Without even bothering to hear out the ruby-clad Tohsaka patriarch, the Vice Director coldly cut into his speech. It was clear that the imperious woman had no desire to have any negotiations with the men in front of him. For a brief moment, confusion flickered on Tokiomi’s face. The meeting had not gone quite as he had foreseen it in his mind's eye. It had been a simple lack of experience that had allowed things to devolve to this point. Perhaps if Tokiomi had met the Vice-Director face to face during his tenure as a lecturer, things would have had played out differently, but as things were, this was the only possible outcome at this point. After all, diplomacy required a fundamental respect to exist between the two parties. If not respect in the opposing side’s status, then at least in their power.

The Vice-Director of the Clock Tower had neither for the people in front of her.

A sharp snap echoed throughout the vestibule.

Figures draped in white started to pour in through the shattered opening where the large double doors used to stand. Their white uniforms were in almost stark contrast of the light-blue haze that seemed to fill the entire theatre. For Magi, who more often than not prided themselves on individuality, wearing any type of uniform was often out of the question. Which, incidentally, was why the Clock Tower possessed no official uniform, despite being ostensibly a teaching organization. Which meant….

“The Chelon Canticle Brigade…”

As the magi behind her poured into the room, the Magic Circuits of the Barthomeloi head snapped open, causing a gust of air to ripple throughout the room. While Aozaki Aoko, the True Magician who held the colored title of Blue, was renown for possessing Circuits that caused audible sound while activated, this was something else altogether. Causing a physical effect on the environment simply by passing magical energy through one’s body was a trait typically associated with spirits of higher orders, not human magi!

“By the powers vested in me as the Vice-Director of the Clock Tower, I, Bartomeloi Lorelei, hereby issue a
    Order from the Administration
    Director's Edict
    with an indefinite duration.”

“The Einzbern, Matou, and Tohsaka families are to be eradicated and their Crests retrieved. Based on further examination, they will then either be destroyed or placed under a Sealing Designation, pending a decision by the Kalion Observatory.”

“Is that understood?”

The voices that echoed back at the Vice-Director spoke in almost perfect unison.

“Yes, Marshal!”

It took only an instant for everything to devolve into utter pandemonium as the first spell, one of many to be cast during that night, roared into existence.