• Want her back

40 40.40%
  • Leave her dead

32 32.32%
  • Want her back, 10/10, would kill again

27 27.27%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 478910 LastLast

Thread: Olga Marie in F/GO

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Oh, I understood that perfectly.
    I'm just baffled as to how the writes choosing to make literally no changes in writing to accommodate a yuri pairing is a "me" problem.
    What exactly do you think needs to be changed to "accommodate" a yuri pairing?

Are you saying that a lesbian can't love another girl in the same way a man could? (Emotionally I mean, obviously the physical side of love is another matter entirely)

Blog Entries
    sniff but is it not the assimilation of all relationships, however superficially different, under the singular Master-narrative of a bourgeois heterosexual romance that is precisely the characteristic gesture of liberal ideology? I am willing to accept the Other in her difference only to the extent that such difference is safely circumscribed within the same.
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    What exactly do you think needs to be changed to "accommodate" a yuri pairing? Does lesbian love need to be portrayed as inherently "different" from hetero romance?
    Is it not? Does it not?
    What specific changes there should or could be are not my place to tell, but unless we're willing to accept that Hakuno and Hakunon are the exact same person plus or minus some fiddly bits, it stands to reason their plotlines should have had at least a cosmetic difference here and there.

Blog Entries
    Is it not? Does it not?
    What specific changes there should or could be are not my place to tell, but unless we're willing to accept that Hakuno and Hakunon are the exact same person plus or minus some fiddly bits, it stands to reason their plotlines should have had at least a cosmetic difference here and there.
    They are the same person though, just with genders swapped. That's literally the entire point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    sniff but is it not the assimilation of all relationships, however superficially different, under the singular Master-narrative of a bourgeois heterosexual romance that is precisely the characteristic gesture of liberal ideology? I am willing to accept the Other in her difference only to the extent that such difference is safely circumscribed within the same.
    Dullahan, I generally agree with what you have to say about 50% of the time, but I completely fail to understand what you're talking about the other 50%. How does liberal ideology even enter the discussion here?

- - - Updated - - -

They are the same person though, just with genders swapped. That's literally the entire point.
    And therein lies the rub. If you met yourself from another timeline where you were a girl, would you be the exact same person with different bits? Think on this one for a bit.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; May 24th, 2018 at 01:25 PM.

Blog Entries
    Dullahan, I agree with what you have to say about 50% of the time, but I completely fail to understand what you're talking about the other 50%. How does liberal ideology even enter the discussion here?
    I mean, bringing in random political/philosophical references even when it's completely inappropriate is basically Dullahan's shtick (that and raging against GO). Might as well complain about Nero saying "umu".

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not exactly one to complain either. But at least I try to take myself a little less seriously...

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I mean, bringing in random political/philosophical references even when it's completely inappropriate is basically Dullahan's shtick (that and raging against GO). Might as well complain about Nero saying "umu".
    He's basically criticising the view that writing female-female relationships exactly as if they were male-female relationships is more enlightened (enlightenment understood here as an awareness of the existence of gender roles in society and how harmful they can be).

I dislike the "hurr we need more X type of characters in media because diversity" agenda certain parties are pushing, but there is a point to be made there. Simply put, one's gender signifies and affects way more than just some fiddly bits down there, and that's before going into interpersonal relationships between genders. Think of your best friend, for example- would your relationship have developed the same if either you or them were a different gender? Gender equality does not, and should not, equate homogenisation.
    (An argument which, incidentally, could be applied to a lot of similar debates, but that's beyond the scope of the current discussion).
    Last edited by Deathhappens; May 25th, 2018 at 05:34 AM.

So Olga Marie has returned. I guess her loli appearance in the Back Alley Alliance Nightmare manga was a dead giveaway. But what will she be doing now, I have yet to catch up to the FGO lore. And I plan on watching the Babylonia anime with the Camelot movie. So my question is this, what's her role now so far?

be dead so far

unless you want to go in into speculation, but thats something we'll see happen when it does

US Friend Code
    She’s still dead in Fgo. We have some theories on whether she is serving as a priestess for an extra-dimensional god but so far she’s still dead in the official books. Everything else is speculation.

sniped by Zurvan
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Ok, because there was a clip of her in battle in the Cosmos Prologue OVA. That's why I'm asking.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat-Daddy View Post
    Ok, because there was a clip of her in battle in the Cosmos Prologue OVA. That's why I'm asking.
    That whole thing was a dream sequence, everythi g we saw there was a memory, delusion, or dream and wasn't real im the conventional sense. Olga herself realizes that in the video. Now the Ova does bring up a lot of uncertain bits(like Olga getting probed by many hands) and is where all the speculation comes from.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat-Daddy View Post
    this is why people should just actually settle into the whole story rather than looking at random out of context stuff

because out of context none of that sequence makes any sense

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Ubergeneral's Avatar
    I seem to think she will be related to the final boss of the lost belts. I doubt they will release 4 lost belts this year. So I'm thinking that they release 4, 5, and 6 this year. And next year they release lost belt 7. Then they reveal a secret 8th lost at Area 51 with Ogla and her servant, Solomen as the lost belt king.

Spellcheck is your friend.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Blog Entries
    bring her back because okay design
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Quote Originally Posted by Ubergeneral View Post
    I seem to think she will be related to the final boss of the lost belts. I doubt they will release 4 lost belts this year. So I'm thinking that they release 4, 5, and 6 this year. And next year they release lost belt 7. Then they reveal a secret 8th lost at Area 51 with Ogla and her servant, Solomen as the lost belt king.
    LB4 in March
    LB5 in June
    LB6 in September
    LB7 in December

This way it ends at the end of the year again, and there's time between early and late dec to add an epilogue or whatever. Going an entire year releasing 3 chapters only (again) would be stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Is Olga back yet
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm impressed it took 9 pages for someone to guess she'd be the final boss.