View Poll Results: What's your opinion?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Want her back

    29 45.31%
  • Leave her dead

    21 32.81%
  • Want her back, 10/10, would kill again

    14 21.88%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4789
Results 161 to 168 of 168

Thread: Olga Marie in F/GO

  1. #161
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six RoydGolden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Pure Illusion
    Age
    50
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Oh, I understood that perfectly.
    I'm just baffled as to how the writes choosing to make literally no changes in writing to accommodate a yuri pairing is a "me" problem.
    What exactly do you think needs to be changed to "accommodate" a yuri pairing?

    Are you saying that a lesbian can't love another girl in the same way a man could? (Emotionally I mean, obviously the physical side of love is another matter entirely)

  2. #162
    kookaburra screams in the distance Dullahan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    AUSTRALIAAARGGH
    Posts
    3,573
    Blog Entries
    5
    sniff but is it not the assimilation of all relationships, however superficially different, under the singular Master-narrative of a bourgeois heterosexual romance that is precisely the characteristic gesture of liberal ideology? I am willing to accept the Other in her difference only to the extent that such difference is safely circumscribed within the same.
    けい
    せい
    じゃく


  3. #163
    Εις οιωνός άριστος, αμύνεσθαι περί πάτρις Deathhappens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Always somewhere
    Posts
    717
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    What exactly do you think needs to be changed to "accommodate" a yuri pairing? Does lesbian love need to be portrayed as inherently "different" from hetero romance?
    Is it not? Does it not?
    What specific changes there should or could be are not my place to tell, but unless we're willing to accept that Hakuno and Hakunon are the exact same person plus or minus some fiddly bits, it stands to reason their plotlines should have had at least a cosmetic difference here and there.

  4. #164
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six RoydGolden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Pure Illusion
    Age
    50
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Is it not? Does it not?
    What specific changes there should or could be are not my place to tell, but unless we're willing to accept that Hakuno and Hakunon are the exact same person plus or minus some fiddly bits, it stands to reason their plotlines should have had at least a cosmetic difference here and there.
    They are the same person though, just with genders swapped. That's literally the entire point.

  5. #165
    Εις οιωνός άριστος, αμύνεσθαι περί πάτρις Deathhappens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Always somewhere
    Posts
    717
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    sniff but is it not the assimilation of all relationships, however superficially different, under the singular Master-narrative of a bourgeois heterosexual romance that is precisely the characteristic gesture of liberal ideology? I am willing to accept the Other in her difference only to the extent that such difference is safely circumscribed within the same.
    Dullahan, I generally agree with what you have to say about 50% of the time, but I completely fail to understand what you're talking about the other 50%. How does liberal ideology even enter the discussion here?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    They are the same person though, just with genders swapped. That's literally the entire point.
    And therein lies the rub. If you met yourself from another timeline where you were a girl, would you be the exact same person with different bits? Think on this one for a bit.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; May 24th, 2018 at 01:25 PM.

  6. #166
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six RoydGolden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Pure Illusion
    Age
    50
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Dullahan, I agree with what you have to say about 50% of the time, but I completely fail to understand what you're talking about the other 50%. How does liberal ideology even enter the discussion here?
    I mean, bringing in random political/philosophical references even when it's completely inappropriate is basically Dullahan's shtick (that and raging against GO). Might as well complain about Nero saying "umu".

    - - - Updated - - -

    I'm not exactly one to complain either. But at least I try to take myself a little less seriously...

  7. #167
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, RJ - Brasil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,645
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I mean, bringing in random political/philosophical references even when it's completely inappropriate is basically Dullahan's shtick (that and raging against GO). Might as well complain about Nero saying "umu".
    He's basically criticising the view that writing female-female relationships exactly as if they were male-female relationships is more enlightened (enlightenment understood here as an awareness of the existence of gender roles in society and how harmful they can be).
    My fanfics:
    The Gift (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot)
    - A duel between Cú Chulainn and Scáthach.
    Passion Acknowledged (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) (Lemon) - Shirou and Shinji finally acknowledge their feelings.
    He Was a Good King (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) - A short exploration of Beowulf's character as a hero and a king.

  8. #168
    Εις οιωνός άριστος, αμύνεσθαι περί πάτρις Deathhappens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Always somewhere
    Posts
    717
    I dislike the "hurr we need more X type of characters in media because diversity" agenda certain parties are pushing, but there is a point to be made there. Simply put, one's gender signifies and affects way more than just some fiddly bits down there, and that's before going into interpersonal relationships between genders. Think of your best friend, for example- would your relationship have developed the same if either you or them were a different gender? Gender equality does not, and should not, equate homogenisation.
    (An argument which, incidentally, could be applied to a lot of similar debates, but that's beyond the scope of the current discussion).
    Last edited by Deathhappens; May 25th, 2018 at 05:34 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •