Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1116192021

Thread: 昇華潜熱 (Latent Heat of Sublimation) || [FGO] [Lemon] [Hysterical Screed]

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyvale View Post
    Where does it go when any amount of aggression is pruned and contained to the point that one musy dance circles around honesty to point out that people are just being, for lack of a better term, weakminded and simpering.

You always gotta cater to the lowest common denominator I guess.
    That's how social interaction works unfortunately

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    It's not even a fun waste of time. Go outside. Play sports.

Oh... This is beautiful.... It was like reading God's Revelation...

How do I convert to this religion?

This is, I have to admit, a thoroughly well-reasoned critique of FGO. As someone who plays the game myself (and, yes, I have a history of literal as well as figurative stamp collecting) it needled me a bit. Not really enough to convince me to drop the game, but something interesting to think about at least. Your formatting pains me a bit, but I've also never liked James Joyce or beat poetry, so I can chalk that one up to my own taste for rigid prose.

After reading through the subsequent pages of debate, though, I couldn't help but wonder: what do you actually want out of art (or fiction, at any rate), Dullahan? The criticism of the game is understandable, but afterwards you display a consistent distaste for all commodified art/fiction/cultural product. You dismiss out of hand such wide-ranging topics as fiction which caters to an audience and the entirety of Type Moon's extant work. How does someone with such high and exacting standards of culture wind up a longstanding member of an anime/gaming forum, and again, what is it you're actually looking for?
    If you like Shinji, check out my story, Rejuvenation of a Bloodline, featuring Fate's most pathetic villain trying to become a magus and save his adoptive sister after a life-changing event in 1994.

Blog Entries
    I wound up a member of BL because I joined many years ago when I was much younger and stupider than I am now. Along the way I made friends and became less stupid. Now am I here. I can't say how much longer I'll be here.

I'm not going to say what it is I want out of fiction. If not knowing bothers you, you're free to try and work it out.
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」 Tang Dynasty

Living Dead Girl
    You are way the fuck too pretentious about tastes for someone who identifies way too hard with a side villain in some chuuni dork's novice work, but you can write worth a damn.

Now finish One Week.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by FourthWall View Post
    You are way the fuck too pretentious about tastes for someone who identifies way too hard with a side villain in some chuuni dork's novice work, but you can write worth a damn.

Now finish One Week.
    Dullahan, look how inconsiderately those One Week readers treat you and Lio.
    A Demimondaine enthusiast, patient and eternally appreciative, would never stoop to the level of begging for updates.
    I might wonder, in my idle moments, what would happen during Touko and Freckles' hot date, and I might gaze pensively into the sunset wishing I were in 1990s Kyoto.
    I might even, in a moment of weakness, consider asking if further chapters might be forthcoming--but this is an impulse quickly suppressed.
    Such is the depth of my longing that disclosing it would, I fear, be a grievous offense to good taste.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by FourthWall View Post

Now finish One Week.
    Dullahan, look how inconsiderately those One Week readers treat you and Lio.
    A Demimondaine enthusiast, patient and eternally appreciative, would never stoop to the level of begging for updates.
    I might wonder, in my idle moments, what would happen during Touko and Freckles' hot date, and I might gaze pensively into the sunset wishing I were in 1990s Kyoto.
    I might even, in a moment of weakness, consider asking if further chapters might be forthcoming--but this is an impulse quickly suppressed.
    Such is the depth of my longing that disclosing it would, I fear, be a grievous offense to good taste.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Maybe Flower of Thanatos is Nasu predicting how he'd end up feeling about his work by the end of his career, and that's why he wrote the exact same thing you did, two decades back.

Maybe the truth is much more sinister, and Flower of Thanatos has always been written in earnest.

Maybe Flower of Thanatos is all there ever was?

The Flower of Thanatos blooms before me,