Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Literal Dream Thread

I saw part of a documentary where Siddhartha Gautama was fleeing on foot from Genghis Khan, Tamerlane and some other famous Mongolian or Turkish guy on horseback, all the way across Central Asia until they lost him at a fork in the road in China, and he decided to stop and preach there.

It seems to be a pattern that faraway countries and alien planets in my dreams don't look any different from the suburbs where I live.
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

Blog Entries
    So I had the most wack dream ever, I dreamt that some emotionally unstable chick broke up with her boyfriend. She proceeded to make out with me on the rebound, but apparently she had hand foot and mouth disease because we later found out that four other guys also got infected in addition to myself.

And then my other female friend refused to stop laughing hysterically at us for it, whose mans is this
    Last edited by Apple; August 18th, 2018 at 02:27 AM.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "Dream"
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    See, the most realistic part was when I woke up and had a strong urge to check my tongue for symptoms but then I realized I don't actually what real life HFMD is supposed to feel like

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    wtf
    That’s what I said.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So the other day I dreamt about seeing the two cats (one black the other brown) that frequently cut through my backyard on their journey home. I started walking behind them and together we marched single file through the countryside in an epic montage as we sought the cats' home. Along the way we were joined by an ginger cat completing our quartet on our quest. Eventually we all had to part ways and I returned only to wake up.

And guess what I saw cutting through my backyard today, yes a ginger cat. Have my Newtype powers awakened now?
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

A few months ago, I dreamt of watching a webcast of a guy sitting down in the kitchen of a poorly-lit apartment and eating something... I believe a vegetarian cheese steak. He slowly took a few bites, chewed them, and then had a deranged three-hour meltdown over how disappointing the taste was. Ranting, crying, hammering his fists on the table, and throwing his head back and screaming, while his roommates walked around in the background ignoring him.

I think the dream incorporated time wipes. In any case it didn't actually last three hours, thank god.
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

Blog Entries
    I... don't think any of Reviewbrah's videos went like that.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Me when I try a new kind of instant noodle and it's just okay

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    I don't remember if it was today or yesterday, but something in my head clicked and remembered a dream, where Trump dies (i think it was reddit page with tv clip announcing it or something) weeks before elections

I have no idea why I had this kind of dream, I'm far from being interested in US political scene.
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Well, fine. Nikiri has this thing called 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

Just before rolling I said 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」

First ticket. Da Vinci-chan NP2.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    It was dark, and I was taking a walk through the woods. I came upon a quartet of young giraffes stuck in a tree. I found this very silly, so I helped them get down.

I only realized then that they must have been trying to get away from something. I turned around to see a number of letters made of TV static dancing along the ground. I didn’t know why, but this unsettled me. The letters began arranging and rearranging themselves.

They wrote out ‘TIGER’ twice, along with some other words that I didn’t notice because the letters seemed to conjure at least one ghostly tiger. The giraffes may have become zebras at one point, and the static/letters sometimes were replaced by video cassettes in their boxes. The first letter of the titles were still made of static whenever this happened.

The letters/video tapes continued to rearrange themselves until a new word began to take shape. It started with ‘N’ ‘Y’ and the middle of the word took longer to get in order than the end: ‘H’ ‘O’ ‘T’ ‘E’ ‘P’

At this point, the dream became one of, if not the worst nightmare I’ve ever had, as I realized that Nyarlathotep — because that’s what was stalking the giraffes for some reason — had noticed me, and now nothing in the universe could possibly save me.

I woke up screaming at the top of my lungs and woke up the entire house. I didn’t know how to explain how what happened was in any way frightening to my realist family, so when asked, I just said I was being hunted by a malignant god. That seemed to assure them that everything was fine, and that I knew it was 'just' a nightmare.

A small, if very paranoid part of me still can’t help but wonder if, somehow, a real Nyarlathotep communicated with me that night and I’ve somehow drawn its attention.

God forbid.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Nanashi(kari)'s Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Just had my third dream that involved a cute girl (and this time she was a loli). Wish I had these more often.
    Well, most of it was me playing an action rpg with increasing horror elements but that was also interesting. As it went on the boundary between me and the player character disappeared.
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate. Much like Daybit, I am simply correct, and that is the end of the discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gosserbam View Post
    I am not a shitposter at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Impressive argument.

Mine, however, is superior: you are dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevkraken View Post
    And you want to be taken seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubergeneral View Post
    The planet is on fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    GOT DICK? ANY PENIS? COCK DONATIONS?

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Nanashi(kari)'s Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Since I posted here anyway I guess I will talk about the more memorable dreams I had that I can remember. Wouldn't want people thinking I'm weirdo who just dreams about little girls.

The oldest dream I can remember was one where I was walking in a grocery store and then suddenly a bus passed by between the rows as if it were the more natural thing in the world. I was so surprised I feel to the floor.

Once I dreamt I was in a bus late at night and couldn't recognize the scenery I saw through the window so was rather nervous but then I realized something... I realized I was dreaming! In that instant I felt incredibly euphoric and my surroudings started to seem distorted, I got up and so did the other passagers whom I realized were faceless props and then... I woke up immensely disappointed with this conclusion.

There was this time in a dream I was following someone else perspective, like, I was seeing things through their eyes but I had awareness that that wasn't me. But was the dream went on that sensation faded and I stopped from perceiving the person from whom I was seeing things through as someone who wasn't me. It was a interesting experience.

I mentioned in the post above I had two other dreams involving cute girls but I actually don't remember much about these. I just remember that one of those felt like a LN and had something like a chase scene but I remember feeling like it was a pretty fun dream which is something unusual for me.
    Last edited by Nanashi(kari); November 22nd, 2021 at 06:06 PM.
    Spoiler:

My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate. Much like Daybit, I am simply correct, and that is the end of the discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gosserbam View Post
    I am not a shitposter at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Impressive argument.

Mine, however, is superior: you are dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevkraken View Post
    And you want to be taken seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubergeneral View Post
    The planet is on fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    GOT DICK? ANY PENIS? COCK DONATIONS?

I've only ever had one video game-esque dream. I was following a real college student (armed with a foam rubber LARP sword and shield) around a real campus and controlling him with keys floating in front of me. Then he stopped for a long cutscene where he rambled about his delusional adventures to some girl outside the cafeteria. He wasn't trying to impress her; he actually thought she would find it interesting. I kept mashing the keys trying to get him to move, but all that happened was he broke into a Phil Collins song. It was pretty embarrassing. (For me, I mean. The character seemed to be too dumb and/or wrapped up in himself to be capable of embarrassment.)
    Last edited by Walnut Sparks; November 25th, 2021 at 12:21 PM.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Everybody seems to be having nuts dreams the past few days. Lots of cases for some reason. Must be the weather making people sleepy.

My father, for example, who is an actual writer, had a dream where he entered a strange city and entered a strange building full of people he knew. Upon being asked who he is, he recited to them personal details of their lives, and to their shocked questions of how he knows those details, he told that that it's obvious he'd know, because he wrote the book they're from. He'd later wake up and realize they are not, in fact, from any book he has ever written.

For myself, so I don't forget - I had a dream wherein I was calling together some friends for a garden party, but one thing that's immediatelly strange is that our house here has some things on it that were removed from it during my life like an old shaky stairway, and overall my house is a little less well kept. One of the guests I lead to the house, down the shaky stairs, is an old man, and I'm reminded of how I have to lead my father down these stairs the same way, so it can't be helped. (In reality, he's perfectly healthy, but it might explain why the house is looking worse in here)

In this world the dream takes place in, there is apparently a custom of gifting nails (metal ones, that go into wood) in exchange for dreams, and one of the girls that are visiting gives me a very pretty, shiny, pristine nail. We play some videogames, and she complains that for the nice nail she gave me, the dream was comically short. Now, I don't really have a nice nail on hand, so I give her an old rusty nail from the stove full of ash, as a joke. Then I wake up, so I must assume that the far greater dream, in inverse proportion, is going on right now.

love me until I love myself Prix with a Silent X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm a teacher IRL, and I had a dream during a nap where I was some dude (not sure who) at a sort of campground picnic party. One of my students, who is the son of a former NFL player, was there but he was a toddler. In this dream, I could swim. (IRL I can't.) I was hanging out around a dock with toddler pupil who was hanging out on a little raft bobbing around in the shallow of the water. At some point, it was growing dark, so I told the kid that we had to head back to the picnic shelter. He did not want to do this, so he started playing cat and mouse with me about jumping into the water despite not necessarily being able to swim as a little toddler.

At some point, I threaten to call for his parents by name. I mimic yelling for them but in a stage whisper scream. He opts to call my bluff and jumps into the water. He does not surface. This turns into a search. His father, the former but maybe at this time current NFL player, comes near where I am to help search. I find the kid toward the bottom of the shallow water and pull him to the surface. Initially, it seems he is not breathing. I panic because I can't remember how to do CPR on a child's body but I hoist him onto the dock anyway. I start to try and force him to cough up some water with something like the Heimlich because I'm afraid regular CPR will break his ribs.

The cops show up, and his father is around, but the kid starts to breathe and move and spits up some water. However, I am informed by his dad, who now has his recovering son, that because I had at some point in the past received CPR training but attempted something that was not correct CPR on a toddler that I could be in even more legal trouble than if I'd done nothing at all, even though the conniving little kid is fine. He sends me on the run into the night, and in my dream I knew that it would be for many years...
    Imagine that the world is made out of love. Now imagine that it isn’t.

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Blog of Fiction for You to Consume
    Other Links

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Let Sakura say fuck and eat junkfood you weirdos.

Blog Entries
    I had a dream the other night - and may God ensure this does not come to pass - that Betty White died before her 100th birthday. I really hope some trickster fiend didn't gift me with powers of prophecy for one extremely specific purpose ;_;

Blog Entries
    WHAT HAVE I DONE

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You will have to defend yourself on trial for this.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    She ded?
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad