Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Literal Dream Thread

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries

The Literal Dream Thread

Do you remember your dreams? I rarely do, but on those rare occasions when I can remember, I sometimes record them before I forget them.

So, here is where you can talk about the strange things your mind shows you during REM sleep, be they amusing, frightening, or just downright wacky.

Subconscious, ho!

I think it's a difficult topic to talk about in a way that's interesting to most other people. My dreams tend to be either the ones that everyone gets (I forgot to write my term paper! Where's my clothes?! AAAHHH BUGS!!!) or really stupid stuff that seems to be based on movies and TV shows, like the one where I was in Alien but LV426 was a small industrial hamlet in the Delaware Valley and everything was my fault. You can mention that kind of thing in a larger story and people would nod and go, "Yeah, dreams are like that," but in and of itself... I dunno.
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

Blog Entries
    I very rarely dream something, but when it comes, my friend, it is really awesome. All the dreams I remember (4) are crazily awesome. Like that one where I and more three friends mounted in hipogriffs and went to Everest to sell a magical gear in one of the sales stalls with the Ben 10's symbol that filled the mountain...

- - - Updated - - -

(seriously, I really dreamed this)
    My servants and mages
    Sorry, my english sucks

Things

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Incidentally, my idea of encouraging someone is to kidnap them, starve them, and then spend hours a day slapping their bound and gagged body with my penis.

Greatest battle in history
    He-man x Shiki Satsujinki

I love the internet

OH GOD SO CUTE

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So, this is about to get very strange.

A few years ago, I 'woke up' and remembered something so strange that the only reasons I wasn't giggling helplessly were because I was still half asleep and it still kind of made sense to me. I was a teenager at the time, or if not, less than two years out of high school, and I was still in the habit of sleeping in like crazy. But the dream was so weird that despite not even being fully conscious, I stumbled down the stairs, opened up MS Word, and started typing as fast as I possibly could without waking myself up. I still did after a few minutes, and by that point, most of what I remembered and even some of the stuff I had already written down had already escaped my conscious mind, and it looked like complete nonsense to me.

But it was still coherent.

This was the result of what I remembered while still mostly asleep:

Quote Originally Posted by Jon B. H. — circa 201X
    I was going to kill a politician who’s name I couldn’t remember because he was following me around thinking that chatting with my friends was some sort of political move against him and either thwarting me, or trying to talk louder than me from across a room to someone else. I no longer see what, if anything, made sense about that. Also, for some reason, one of my friends from high school, Benedict Cumberbatch, and a literal ratperson like in D&D were there helping me combat this guy's over-the-top machinations in some sort of bomb-shelter hideout and I wasn’t questioning any of it. It all seemed perfectly normal and made complete sense.
    I don't remember anything of this anymore except for me punching a large, very unfit man in a blue suit in a 1980s diner. I also dreamed this long before a coworker massacred all the anger coping mechanisms I built up over nine years, so I was actually a shockingly nice guy at the time. Punching people was not an idea I entertained.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I dreamed I was in my parents' house, except it was the Spanish Civil War.

I went for a walk in my old neighbourhood, with a stick (bow?) as my only weapon.

But there was an enemy officer (nazi-looking guy) near the bus stop! He fired his Luger at me.

However, I went into bullet-time mode and dodged the whole magazine.

Counterattack! I pursued the enemy, with my stick in tow.

But more enemies appeared, so I ran back home seeking political asylum (sic).

At home, my brother was gaming in our PC, and I hid under the bed.

And then I woke up.

Another time, I dreamed I was sitting on the doorstep in front of my uncle's place.

Fidel Castro was sitting by my side, looking forlorn (he was alive back then).

So it turns out world peace had been achieved. Big treaty signed, armies disbanding all around the world, the whole thing.

And in celebration, there was a huge parade in my hometown, and that parade was about to reach the spot where I was.

But some hooligans next to me set off a bunch of firecrackers and people panicked.

Apparently, the commotion was such that the whole world peace effort was undone by this simple fact, as a military-looking dude on TV said.

So I turned towards Castro, and told him "You must do something about this, Commander!"

He closed his eyes and shrugged.

And then I woke up.

A third time, I dreamed that I was waiting for my friends in the street, leaning on a guardrail.

Then Death showed up in front of me.

She was actually a cute gothy girl, but I knew she was Death (think how Death looks in Sandman)

And she was coming for me. Think fast!

Without hesitation, I grabbed her and tossed her off the guardrail to a 4-meter fall, and ran for it.

After I while, I found my friends. They waved at me and I went with them.

But she (Death) was with them! However, they were treating her as though she were a normal girl.

A very awkward moment followed. We both tried to small talk, with her staring daggers at me (understandable).

I was drenched in cold sweat, wondering about her intentions, triying to think of a way to warn my friends.

And then I woke up.
    Last edited by aldeayeah; March 16th, 2018 at 05:22 AM.
    don't quote me on this

In the early hours this morning I was upset to learn that Erin Ptah had killed off half the cast of And Shine Heaven Now offscreen and replaced them with characters from Dune just ahead of the story's climax. (I can't actually name any characters from Dune without looking them up except Vladimir Harkonnen and that's only because, of course, he's referenced in Hellsing.) Apparently Harkonnen replaced Pip, who died in the "Octagonal Food Tragedy." It was mildly upsetting and made even more strange because Shine ended six years ago without any such nonsense taking place.

- - - Updated - - -

Although Erin did kill off some characters offscreen, so it's not without precedent, but not in such an incredibly poor storytelling fashion.
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just dreamt last night that I watched both Black Panther (where the main villain was inexplicably a giant dragon) and Infinity War (which in my mind seemed to be a post-apocalyptic movie about normal humans trying to survive Thanos's invasion of Earth). Apparently dream!me is much more ahead in watching movies then real me...

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I dreamt last night that I was just graduated from high school and that I was taking over the family convenience store that we lived above. And students I had met throughout my life would come through either on their way to school or on their way home.

It was extremely mundane as far as dreams go, but it was the first one in years that was actually pleasant.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Slice of life anime dreams.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    i dreamed about being at work
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

I had the worst dream not long ago. I went downstairs, had my breakfast, did some morning chores, and then realized I was still asleep, and had to force myself to wake up. I am hoping desperately that this will not become a recurring thing.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I dreamed about Zurvan the other day.

He took the form of a sneering chinchilla standing on my bookshelf, and he had a running commentary of everything I did all day. The bookshelf was inexplicably omnipresent, and Zurv didn't move in any substantial way. Eventually I got fed up and threw a plate of spaghetti at him which I had because I was fixing a bench for some reason but he hit it back at me with a baseball bat and it hit me in the face and then I woke up.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    anyone familiar with fake awakening dreams

this morning I had like 3-4 of those, but short ones

it makes you worried that you will never wake up and be stuck in this endless loop

- - - Updated - - -

oh yeah, it's literally post above Draconic's

- - - Updated - - -

i'm blind
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    Well, fine. Nikiri has this thing called 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

Just before rolling I said 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」

First ticket. Da Vinci-chan NP2.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    I dreamed about Zurvan the other day.
    I don't ship it. Castor X Zurvan OTP.

Blog Entries
    it makes you worried that you will never wake up and be stuck in this endless loop
    well, let's just hope your servant isn't useless

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    I don't ship it. Castor X Zurvan OTP.
    wtf

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    Quote Originally Posted by Historia View Post
    well, let's just hope your servant isn't useless
    this is my bad end

this morning i had a dream where I'm captured by nazi, jumped out of car, started running, slowly wake up panting

i will write more details once i get to my keyboard instead of phone posting

edit

this is some horrible writing, pardon my English and grammar mistakes
    occupation of Warsaw or really any other town, this was that kind of scenery
    prisoners lying facedown, on top of each other, making 3-4 rows
    Nazi officer looked at Hitler, saying (well, i didn't hear that, this is some dream knowledge) "we have too much prisoners"
    "Shoot them"
    so the soldiers started shooting them
    a lot of prisoners stood up and scattered around
    all of above happened on my right side, on my left side there were also prisoners, sitting around the table, some of them started running
    there were only 2 guys left, and they seemed to not care that people are getting shot
    another Nazi officer approaches them, "Ah, Poles" he said with approval in his voice

shift to next scene, I and those 2 guys are imprisoned in commercial car
    I saw the doors being closed, the doors didn't seem to be very sturdy, so I gave an idea that "we could just rush into these doors and brute-force open them", also noticing that even if I'm not big, these guys are taller and heavier than me (one of them was slightly overweight)
    They replied, "yeah, we could do that, but they (the driver) will notice that, no?"
    Which made me ponder, how many Nazis are actually there, on the front
    The overweight guy started explaining something to me, while I was trying to peek through holes and gaps, to see how many Nazis are there, there was only driver and the guy on next-to-drivers seat

close-up shot to one of the guy
    "You know we are send to the concentration camp", I said
    the guy nodded
    "I would rather die"
    And I jump of, because it's not van anymore, but something like a old pick-up car
    too lazy to describe the surrounding, it's just some kind of mdus / multidwelling units in Warsaw

the car was going full speed, but somehow I managed to not get hurt while jumping off, landed on sidewalk, rolled like Neymar, but I was fine
    I started running, looked back at the car
    the guys were standing there, approving of my move, one showed thumbs-up, the other guy was clapping
    I waved at them, that they should gtfo there and run away, and so they did jump of, when the car was slowing down to turn left
    and the Nazis came out of the car, noticing that car shaked, which happened when those two jumped off
    we ran for our lives, I saw Nazis trying to flank us from our right, I shouted "they are coming from right"
    we ran left
    I'm panting
    slowly drift off
    I'm panting on my bed
    Last edited by Nikiri; July 22nd, 2018 at 12:50 AM.
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    wtf

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    died twice in my dream, yesterday and today

1. I was in some kind of damaged space vessel, the air from the vessel was running out to the vacuum. I was lying on the floor face down, holding something (presumably so I won't fly into the space, but I didn't feel anything) and had 2 options, one was to let go and fly into the space and die (I didn't have space suit, so it would be horrible death, I thought), two wait and slowly die because I'm going to run out of oxygen anyway.
    Took option 2, died (it feel pretty weird, suffocating to death in a dream), woke up in some place, looked a little bit like Avalon, cut, end.

2. Middle in the dark forest, I was between the mattress (wtf) hiding from something, that was going to eat me alive, King Hassan was lying on that mattress, like he was some kind of bait to protect me (????), days and nights passed, King Hassan was getting leaner (because he didn't eat?), and I couldn't go out from my hiding, since I couldn't know when 'it' will attack; I don't remember how it ended but prolly died

In both dreams I was terrified

i want to unsubscribe from crazy dreams, how do i do it
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    GundamFSN. Thank you.