Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Great Heracles Hunt - Redux (IC)

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Casimir Zaleski
    Porto Empedocle – Docks
    Sunday 11th April, 1999
    Morning (Phase 1-1)
    300/300 MP

Casimir didn't survive so long as a magus without developing finely-honed survival instincts (which most people would consider simple paranoia). Suspicious behaviour merited further investigation - and if nothing came of it, well, he didn't really have any face to lose around these parts.

"Excuse me, sir?" he calls out to the young man, approaching him in a studiously calm manner. "I think you may have dropped something".

[If the man stops, Casimir will just approach him in a peaceful manner. If he runs, Casimir will run after him.]
    Last edited by SpoonyViking; August 4th, 2018 at 10:37 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Myles Alcott
    Hotel Villa Athena
    Sunday 11th April, 1999
    Morning (Phase 1-1)
    500/500 MP

This was not the best idea and Tamara seemed to agree. She was smart and knew the situation you were in so defence was important... but on the other hand you were dead on your feet and had a weapon you were more likely to do harm to yourself than another.

First she opened her mouth and raised a finger to say something-

"My-"

Then she seemed to realise whatever she was thinking was an absolutely awful idea, as she lowered her finger. Her eyes darted from side to side, trying to get a scan of the room until she took a deep breath and found the strength for words.

"Keep it hidden behind your back. If you're really being chased then showing your trump card won't help." she paused for a moment, gazing to the distance a split-second before continuing. "I'll open the door."

So you knew to wait, the next seconds would decide on whether to fight, run or not worry because it wasn't actually an assassin.

With a slow creak and slight movement, the door partially opened to

"Ciao. Vorresti che tornassi?"

Maid. Italian. Didn't seem to speak english, or know that was your first language. It was closed enough that she wouldn't be able to see the gun at this angle which gave you the last second you needed to make your decision.

Tamara's eyes darted back to you with a small nod to you. Was she asking for your input or saying things were ok? Perhaps it was obvious but given your debilitation, you couldn't really tell.

Either way, with Ashgrave in hand, you realised something that in your deep haze you hadn't thought about till now.

Wise Up! Myles Alcott

0/500 MP!

You've been busy haven't you.

Uh, oh.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Rangdris Keyron
    Catania - Airport
    Sunday 11th April, 1999
    Morning (Phase 1-1)
    420/500 MP

The meek doll responded well and flicked through the instructions briefly. His blank face nodded dimly, a clear sign that everything was taken in. Your word was his command. However afterward you began to leave, he offered...

A snack for you.

It seemed particularly responsive that he'd now act for you without prompting or he was so much of a goody-two-shoes that the inane desire to 'help' would still remain despite your rigorous invasion of his mind. One was good, the other might be a problem. A problem for another time however. You had a taxi to hail and one was coming just on cue until-

You were brushed as someone made their way in front of you, they were going to take that taxi... your taxi.

Rangdris Keyron
    Catania - Airport
    Sunday 11th April, 1999
    Morning (Phase 1-1)
    420/500 MP

I look at the snack that the doll gave me. What a weird fellow. I have no reason to decline his snack nor a reason to accept it however from the looks of it, this snack is harmless so I will take it and eat it. I took the snack and eat it in front of him. His eyes were still empty however there is something on his expression that gives me a feeling that this person will someday do something in my behalf voluntarily. Such things are troublesome for me, anyways I prepared a special mechanism for this kind of situation so i will just leave it be. I can just kill him anytime I want if he became a hindrance. It is an ideal thing to be alone on this kind of situation.

I walk away from him and as I about to get the taxi I hailed, a bastard brushed me rudely and is about to take my taxi.

It seems this insolent piece of filth wants to have a trip to underworld I see.

I reached towards the insolent bastard and grab him by its shoulders. Channeling a force to my hands, I gripped him tightly. I gripped him very very tightly to the point it will be enough to break his bones. The man instinctively look towards me.

With an icy cold stare I told him: "Hey buddy, do you have a time to learn more about our lord Hades? I will assure you that you will have a free access to the boatman of stix as I will turn you into a dullahan unless you change your mind and show a bit of respect to the first person who hail the damn cab right?"

Be sliced by the blades of summer snow, fragile thing..

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Casimir Zaleski
    Porto Empedocle – Docks
    Sunday 11th April, 1999
    Morning (Phase 1-1)
    300/300 MP

Suspicion merits investigation and this youth seemed particularly odd in particular. Already walking away, his movements seemed slow as if he was taking in your information but instead choosing to walk away regardless. No regular individual would intentionally leave their property behind unless it was for a specific reason. It appeared that this person was worthy of your intrigue and as you prepared to take the first few steps in pursuit-

--He stopped.

Twisting around on the ball of his foot, he now stood to face you. Cold unfeeling eyes pierced you and even used to a colder climate, it was almost as if a chill was starting to go up your spine. What was worst was the smile, it was polite and welcoming but so clearly fake.

"Thank you." he said, that faux smile etched across his face. "Bring it over for me."

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Casimir Zaleski
    Porto Empedocle – Docks
    Sunday 11th April, 1999
    Morning (Phase 1-1)
    300/300 MP

Casimir brushed off the unfriendliness - the Clock Tower's social environment had been rife with it, after all - but his instincts were now on high-alert. Whoever this man was, he was dangerous - but was he also a threat? Could he be a magus? Perhaps the Second Owner of this city? Casimir approached him with a carefully-maintained smiling facade - for all intents and purposes, merely a tourist performing a simple nice gesture - even as he attentively studied the youth. He didn't expect any overt actions, not out in the open and in broad daylight, but many a magus had been felled by covert ones.

[OOC: Hermes, can Casimir sense any magical energy or something similar from the guy?]

A predatory growl reverberated inside his soul as a roiling beast crashed with terrible force against the cage of meat that was his body. The constant pain of housing Scylla, numbed by the sheer passage of time, roared alive again as his muscles and sinews felt imaginary fangs sinking deep into them. Casimir bore the pain stoically, helped by the years of practice, careful not to let any of it show on his body or face as he stepped closer and closer to the cold-eyed man.

Casimir finally stopped right in front of the man, almost but not quite violating his personal space (perhaps he had felt more insulted than he realised by the youth's gaze). Still keeping his mask on, he extended his right hand to the man while holding his briefcase with the left.

"It's a pleasure meeting you, sir."

It wasn't an oversight that he failed to provide his own name.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Myles Alcott
    Hotel Villa Athena
    Sunday 11th April, 1999
    Morning (Phase 1-1)
    500/500 MP

Quote Originally Posted by French Maid Who Is Totally Not Suspicious At All
    "Ciao. Vorresti che tornassi?"
    Myles squinted. He was tired, exhausted really. He knew the language well enough, but in his current state, he was feeling extremely limited in his expertise. In fact, he felt confident that he could speak any number of dead languages better than he could speak Italian right now. But even with his head feeling like it was full of cotton, he still picked up on some of it.

“Sorry, I suppose I’m better with understanding more archaic dialects. But, are you saying that you’re staying here?” he turned to Tamara, “Sorry, I might need a little more help. Could you interpret for a bit?”

He had a lot of questions that he currently couldn’t ask, or answer for himself. Who was she? Why was she here? Was she a mage, and if so, was she the one Tamara had just mentioned a few minutes ago?

The other master candidate… whatever that entailed.

Also, why was she wearing a French maid’s uniform? As much as he wanted to laugh at the absurdity of it all, it was mildly suspicious at the very least.

"Oh, right…"

He relayed these questions to Tamara, speaking slowly to ensure he didn’t start slurring his words again. He couldn’t afford to appear completely invalid just yet.

“Wait, Tamara…” he said, a thought occurring to him in a brief moment of clarity, “I probably should have let with this, but do you know her?”