Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1116192021222326 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring 2018 Anime

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    snip
    That's just not cricket.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Things have taken a bleak turn in the darkest hour for our heroes...

Caligula Episode 9
    Ah, it depresses me that Shadow Knife got the shaft in terms of screentime, but at least they managed to hit the key points of his character and his interactions with Kotaro will allow the latter to finish his character development. Damn you Wicked!!! *Shakes fist*

Speaking of, I kinda wish they didn't (physically) show Wicked this early, I felt like it would have been more suspenseful to leave the audience wondering if Ritsu who is doing shady stuff is Wicked. But oh well...

Finally the relationship between Shogo and Ichika (Thorn) is coming to light. I've been itching to see this as Shogo is kinda the deuteragonist of the plot - especially in the game where Ritsu was a silent hero.

I'm still super curious as to what's going on with Kensuke. His heel-face-turn seems to be genuine, but his smarmy attitude still leaves me suspicious. I have a feeling that he might be the one to fight and/or defeat the traitorous Wicked as to make a symmetrical kind of symbolism of two very different people swapping sides between Go-Home Club and the Musicians.

And lastly we come to our hero Ritsu - using his Dev powers to bypass security and enter the villain's lair ahead of everyone else. I seriously doubt they'll make him into a villain or anything, but as I've stated many times in the past, this plot line didn't happen at all in the original game so I genuinely don't know what's going to happen and that has me curious.

That "final episode" fake-out at the end nearly gave me a heart attack.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Things have taken a bleak turn in the darkest hour for our heroes...

Caligula Episode 9
    Ah, it depresses me that Shadow Knife got the shaft in terms of screentime, but at least they managed to hit the key points of his character and his interactions with Kotaro will allow the latter to finish his character development. Damn you Wicked!!! *Shakes fist*

Speaking of, I kinda wish they didn't (physically) show Wicked this early, I felt like it would have been more suspenseful to leave the audience wondering if Ritsu who is doing shady stuff is Wicked. But oh well...

Finally the relationship between Shogo and Ichika (Thorn) is coming to light. I've been itching to see this as Shogo is kinda the deuteragonist of the plot - especially in the game where Ritsu was a silent hero.

I'm still super curious as to what's going on with Kensuke. His heel-face-turn seems to be genuine, but his smarmy attitude still leaves me suspicious. I have a feeling that he might be the one to fight and/or defeat the traitorous Wicked as to make a symmetrical kind of symbolism of two very different people swapping sides between Go-Home Club and the Musicians.

And lastly we come to our hero Ritsu - using his Dev powers to bypass security and enter the villain's lair ahead of everyone else. I seriously doubt they'll make him into a villain or anything, but as I've stated many times in the past, this plot line didn't happen at all in the original game so I genuinely don't know what's going to happen and that has me curious.

That "final episode" fake-out at the end nearly gave me a heart attack.
    I agree with you about that fake out. What made me fall for it is that it's not uncommon for TV shows to only get 10 episodes currently (it's rarer than 12 or 13 episodes, but it happens), so they completely got me. Thank God they clarified
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Wow, Ren actually spoke more in this episode than the last three combined.

Maid teacher was good, didn't really do her SL in the game so I was entertained by her story in this episode. I am worried about the pacing though, we're at Episode nine already and yet we've only finished the second dungeon.

Y'know, with yet another reference to Arsene Lupin and Sherlock Holmes this episode, I wouldn't have minded had Ren either not been the Wild Card or at least have kept Arsene has his main Persona. The de-emphasis on dungeon crawling makes the scenes with Ren acquiring new Personas just feel kinda random and time-wasting IMO.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    With all the talk of high tier mages in Cardcaptor Sakura this week, all I want to see is the crossover where all the other mages are revealed to be the One Piece cast. Luffy, Ace, Dragon, Garp, there's so many D's.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Even though I knew it was coming, seeing the defeated Henmi suddenly get snatched by an orca, get carried away and then Sugimoto's reaction to the whole thing still left me on the floor laughing my ass off.

Hot damn, Ogata finally returns to the plot. He's probably my favourite character and so seeing him in a badass fight with Tanigaki is just all kinds of awesome. <3

Blog Entries
    Lupin wraps up yet another fantastic arc while still leaving a couple of mysteries for the future. Albert was an interesting dude and I like the chemistry between him an Lupin, like old classmates who respect each other but can't stand the other's personality. Special mention goes to Goemon who makes yet another gory kill, he just doesn't have any chill this season.
    Next week though, Red jacket HYPE!!!

----
    Looks like Yang can't just retire early when he's Alliance's best tactician. Oh, looks like Frederica has a crush on Yang.
    Business tycoons looking to profit off of war, what else is new. Damn, that inaugural speech by Jessica had me on edge, which the foreshadowing of violence against anyone who questions the war, I was certain she was going to get shot throughout that whole speech.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Looks like Yang can't just retire early when he's Alliance's best tactician. Oh, looks like Frederica has a crush on Yang.
    Business tycoons looking to profit off of war, what else is new. Damn, that inaugural speech by Jessica had me on edge, which the foreshadowing of violence against anyone who questions the war, I was certain she was going to get shot throughout that whole speech.
    No kidding. I'm glad she survived and nothing went wrong at the speech.
    Also, Beatless calling it's recaps "intermissions" made me very nervous about the next DNT episode being titled "interlude". Thank God I saw people saying this makes sense given the LOGH material and it doesn't mean a recap
    Last edited by bassgs435; June 5th, 2018 at 07:58 PM.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

I have a secret that I haven't told you... Huitante's Avatar
    Sidetail Frederica is so delicious
    We've had to endure much, you and I, but within the week there will be old men running the world

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    Also, Beatless calling it's recaps "intermissions" made me very nervous about the next DNT episode being titled "interlude". Thank God I saw people saying this makes sense given the LOGH material and it doesn't mean a recap
    Ye, Crunchyroll being lazy with subs it seems. The JPN title roughly translates to "A Farce between the Acts" which sums it up better methinks.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Huitante View Post
    Sidetail Frederica is so delicious
    She's so good, I'm glad the designs in nu-LoGH are on the whole less... 80s
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    She's so good, I'm glad the designs in nu-LoGH are on the whole less... 80s
    Tbh I prefer most of the fluffy 80s designs from OVA to new ones, Frederica, however, particularly her hair is a huge upgrade. Her old hair looks just too silly
    We've had to endure much, you and I, but within the week there will be old men running the world

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries

get fucked root a
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Huitante View Post
    Tbh I prefer most of the fluffy 80s designs from OVA to new ones, Frederica, however, particularly her hair is a huge upgrade. Her old hair looks just too silly
    The lad designs are mostly better in the OVA, but the new girl designs (so far, waiting warmly for the impeccable Hildegarde) looks better, am not a fan of short short 80s hair :x
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    The lad designs are mostly better in the OVA, but the new girl designs (so far, waiting warmly for the impeccable Hildegarde) looks better, am not a fan of short short 80s hair :x
    Yea I can't really name a dude who benefited from redesigns.
    Hilda won't be appearing in this show, maybe in movies or whatever IG is doing after? I can see her having short hair anyway, just not fluffy.

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post

get fucked root a
    Anime onlies will be so fucking confused with this.

Blog Entries
    "It's in a scorpion's nature to sting..."
    Damn, Joe tries to climb out of the underworld, but they just keep finding ways to drag him back in. And I was just starting to like Fujimaki too.

Yuri vs Pepe was awesome if short lived. Pepe seemed like a strong dude, but when Yuri went into The Zone (Kuroko's Basketball reference there) it was two punch man and the Spider was down.

That final scene though, really got me in the feels:
    "So, tell me... who should I be betting on tonight?"

Banned
    Blog Entries
    In terms of Doreiku, if slaves can refuse orders that might lead to their deaths, Ayaka technically didn't need to follow the orders for the ice bath or eating the forks, right?

Code:
    [07:55:59] <Spinach> Take off your clothes Kirby
    [07:56:07] <Kirby> I'm in class

[20:37:34] <Lian|phone> there is a such thing as lingerie for guys?
    [20:37:54] <Kyokushi> yea
    [20:37:57] <Kyokushi> they're called jockstraps
    [20:38:02] <Lian|phone> :o
    [20:38:07] * Lian|phone googles
    [20:38:10] <Kyokushi> NO
    [20:38:11] <Kyokushi> DON'T
    [20:40:07] <Lian|phone> okay
    [20:40:16] <Lian|phone> I don't think I should have googled that

[12:59:30]  <Spinach> call me onii-chan, bitch
    [13:00:12]  <kroyo> imma fuck ur shit up onii-fam

Darling in the FranXX Episode 18: They wiped Kokoro and Mitsuru's memories clean. They don't even know each other anymore, man that hurts.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs