Page 15 of 79 FirstFirst ... 5101314151617202565 ... LastLast

Thread: [Quest] Lost Singularity - Fimbulwinter

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Hold on. If we talk about Javier Lucero, wouldn't that necessarily lead to learning about people who may be able to provide medical aid?
    Anyway, in case it doesn't:

Maria: Javier Lucero, the reason I came to this city.
    Sakura: Fiore Forvedge, Rosa Colhuán.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Maria: Javier, The reason I came to this city.
    Sakura: Fiore Forvedge, The unfrozen Church.

Oh exposition time, my favorite thing next to Servant reveals in Fate!

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Maria: Javier Lucero, The reason I came to the city
    Sakura: Fiore Forvedge, Rosa Colhuan
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Maria: Javier Lucero, The reason I came to the city
    Sakura:
    Fiore Forvedge, Miss Vyhmeister
    Last edited by Rafflesiac; September 13th, 2018 at 05:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Maria: Javier Lucero, The reason I came to the city (Though to be fair that's obvious)
    Sakura: Fiore Forvedge, Miss Vyhmeister.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We have a tie between Sakura inquiring about Rosa Colhuán or Miss Vyhmeister. Can you please do something about that? The thunderdome is unfortunately scheduled for cleaning today.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I change my Church to Vyhmeister then
    what is a thunderdome btw? can't google that

Blog Entries
    I believe it's a Mad Max reference.

Now Revamped!

Quote Originally Posted by SleepMode View Post
    I believe it's a Mad Max reference.
    It is.

TWO MEN ENTER! ONE MAN LEAVES!

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Maria:
    Javier Lucero
    The reason I came to this city

Sakura:
    Fiore Forvedge
    Miss Vyhmeister

- - - Updated - - -

Just to be clear, Miss Vyhmeister is the girl he rescued, right?
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    Parish Church of St. Aloysius de Gonzaga, Cerro Alegre, Valparaíso
    Day 02
    Evening Phase - 04
    Severe Cold (-27 °C/-16.5 °F)
    Snowfall

(BGM)

The two women, Maria Westinghouse and Sakura Edelfelt, trade glances. The Japan-born manages to read Maria’s eyes and slight tilt of the head well enough to figure out what to do.

“Father,” begins Sakura, taking the reins of discussion. “We are looking for a certain person—”

She is stopped by Father Scherer’s halting gesture.

“Please let me guess: you seek Miss Forvedge, do you not?”

He did not wait from reply from the surprised young women.

“The two foreign magi visiting this city come to me, the Church representative, looking for information on someone. The first person that comes to mind is, of course, the former Yggdmillennia.”

The priest’s gaze sharpens at it latches onto Sakura.

“I am worried about Edelfelt’s intentions for Miss Forvedge. I am aware I am in no position to oppose you, but I am in the obligation to support she who has turned her back to your so-called ‘craft’.”

Again, the two women exchange glances.

“Edelfelt’s interests aside, we hope Miss Forvedge can help us overcome…this situation.”

Father Scherer’s expression does not show a man convinced or moved by Sakura’s words.

“…fair enough. I am admittedly worried about her, but you are in a better position to aid her. I will apologize to her if I have the chance. Do you have a map?”

Sakura shakes her head, wincing at her own lack of forethought.

“Miss Forvedge rented an apartment at Costa Mirador…well, I guess I can let you climb the tower if you need to, but it is fortunate the building is easy to find. You might have already noticed it, that tall white building uphill, sticking out like a sore spot…Miss Westinghouse?”

“Ah, um, yeah, yeah, I know the place. I mean, I’ve seen it. You know the room number?”

Maria knows she is getting looks from the other two, but she just looks away and pretends she is not feeling a little faint. Yes, of course she remembers the building, and the one hunting her on its rooftop.

Location Unlocked!
    You can now explore Costa Mirador…if you can find a safe route.
    Fortunately for her, the time it takes Father Scherer to write the address in a post-it was what she needed to restore the flow of blood to her face and regain her normal mien. She also has to be grateful for Sakura’s impeccable tact.

“Father, please excuse me if I am rude. May I ask about the lady you said you met, Miss…Vyhmeister, is it? Why is she not here?”

Maria blinked a few times. That…is actually a decent question.

The man behind the desk sighs bitterly.

“I did offer the sanctuary of the church, of course. She refused, stating that her brother would not agree to it, and she would not leave her brother’s side.”

To the ladies’ surprise, the priest brings his hands to his face, hiding his eyes behind them while massaging his forehead with the yolks of his fingers.

“I have no doubt those two can take care of themselves, but…leaving them to their devices might be an issue in itself.”

He then drops the volume of his voice, making it uncertain whether Sakura and Maria are meant to hear the rest.

“The fact the four of them are in the same city at this time…it feels like a bad omen.”

Nonetheless, it is heard, and when the priest unveils his eyes and meets the curious gaze of Maria and the worried look on Sakura’s face, he sighs one more time. Glancing at the empty glass of water on the desk, Father Scherer clears his throat and speaks once more.

“I take it you do not know, the name Vyhmeister.”

The women’s faces are his answer. If anything, he finds it amusing.

“Well, I cannot expect the magi of the Northern Hemisphere to care about the magus families from distant Chile. I take you do not know about the Children of Villarica, either.”

Of course, Sakura and Maria shake their heads. Father Scherer nods, and begins to explain.

“The ‘Children of Villarica’ was the Church’s codename for a group of twelve magi from the town of the same name. They are the current generation of a group of families that arrived to Chile as part of the great migration of Germans in the second half of the nineteenth century. This…particular group was similar in nature to Miss Forvedge’s former associates, but unlike the Yggdmillennia, who were an association of individuals, the Clan of Villarica was an agglomeration of talentless magus families seeking power by pooling their knowledge and resources.”

“I…I’ve never heard of anything like that,” mentioned Sakura, and the priest’s response was the smile of a father to his child who has said something silly.

“Of course you haven’t. In any case, these families sustained themselves through selective crossbreeding and the careful inclusion of the blood and magic of the native Mapuche, Huiliche, Chono, and other native peoples. I…guess the point was to augment the magical potency of each generation.”

The priest then snorts.

“Well, I know not much of magecraft, so the details elude me. Even if I knew, I would probably be disgusted by the whole thing.”

Maria, who does not share Sakura’s interest in the story, rests her head in her entwined hands.

“So, these Veemasters are two of those ‘Children’, and they’re some sort of supermagi? Peachy.”

“It’s ‘Vyhmeister’, Miss Maria.”

“I don’t give a shit, Sakura.”

“It’s…not that simple, Miss Westinghouse,” retorts the priest, who seemingly has nothing to say about Maria’s language. “About a month ago, I received a disturbing message from my colleague in Villarica.”

“You see, the Children of Villarica are dead.”

The priest waited a second to let that phrase sink in.

“Again, we do not know the details; when the Church arrived to do damage control, the fight was already over. In the end, not just the Children, but also most of their relatives were massacred. Until yesterday, only the Vyhmeister siblings were unaccounted for.”

“Wait, doesn’t that—”

“That makes the siblings the primary suspects.” It is Sakura who completes Maria’s words.

The priest nods.

“Yes. Even if they turn out to be innocent, right now they are clearly suspicious. Diego and María Magdalena Vyhmeister…do watch out for those two.”

Maria and the priest stand alone at the base of one of the church’s twin bell towers. It is Sakura alone who makes the climb upstairs, to verify the location of the Costa Mirador building with her own two eyes—Maria already knows the place, and the priest does not wish to expose himself to the cold.

Also, they have separate reasons to seek a few minutes alone without the Edelfelt woman.

“It is true that the Church appointed me to keep an eye for Nazi activity in Valparaiso, especially should it involve the occult.”

“Taking responsibility for the ratlines, huh.”

A choked laugh from the priest.

“…yes, I guess you could call it that. However, as I’m sure you already know, I never reported anything suspicious. The worst I have had to deal with are fans of Miguel Serrano. After the fiasco of Colonia Dignidad, no Nazi in his right mind would think of trying anything too overt in this country.”

He has to pause, as they are both awfully aware of the very overt thing happening in this city at this very moment.

“This took me completely by surprise, Miss Westinghouse. Even if I had known there was a Nazi plot brewing in this city, how would anybody expect anything remotely like this?”

Maria sighs in resignation. What can she do, even if the priest were lying or hiding things from her, which she does not think he is?

“Ya know, you say you’re not an Executor, but why would the Church appoint an ordinary priest to keep an eye on magi and Nazis?”

“I am not a member of the Burial Agency, but I have never said I am an ‘ordinary priest’.”

His half-smirk makes it clear that no more will be said on that topic.

“Miss Westinghouse, we have done some research of our own. On your family, and why you are chasing Nazis around the world.”

“Yeah, I guess nothing escapes the all-seeing eye of the Church,” coldly retorts the young woman as she leans on the nearest wall.

“I’m sorry for your loss.”

To that, she has no response. She just stares, flatly, waiting for whatever the priest is trying to get at.

“Is there nothing we can do to convince you to go back home and resume your proper life?”

Maria closes her eyes, all the while trying to figure out whether she is mad at the priest or at herself. She would be lying if she said she has not considered it. But then she looks at the bracelet wrapped around her wrist, and she knows she can’t stop.

“My grandma was killed by them. I know this.”

“What proof do you have—”

“My proof is none of your goddamn business.”

Maria catches herself in her heatedness, clicks her tongue and looks away. She owes the Church to a degree, after all. She has to show proper gratitude for their—admittedly quite reluctant—assistance this past year.

“Um, sir. I, just…”

She sighs.

“Grow up, Maria.”

It is only in the past twenty-four hours that her conscience has chosen to use Javier’s voice. It does, however, feel appropriate.

“I…I have reason to believe that, um, my grandmother was killed by someone from her past. I just…can’t let them get away with it.”

Her right fist clenches, matching the clenching in her heart.

“She was just a kooky old lady. She hated…no, she was terrified of her past. She didn’t even want to teach me magecraft.”

Forcing herself not to drift away with the torrent of memories, Maria boldly faces the priest while awfully aware of the wet feeling in the corner of her eyes.

“My grandma was a good person,” she declares. “She deserves justice. And I deserve the truth.”

The man does not respond, but Maria can tell her answer has made him a little sad. Regardless, Sakura does not yet return, so she seizes the chance to make one last inquiry; the one last thing that is bothering her.

“Um, mister priest…”

“You may call me ‘Mr. Scherer’ or ‘Father’.”

“I don’t call my father ‘Father’. Seriously, do you Church people not realize how creepy you are?”

The man looks amused at best. Again, it is hard to tell with that face of his.

“Duly noted, Miss. Is there something else you wish to ask me?”

With an opening offered, Maria does not hesitate to attack.

“Is Javier Lucero one of those Children of Wherever?”

The Pseudo-Servant does not care much about the sudden sharpening of the man’s expression.

“I met’im the day this whole shit went down. We’re dormmates. He told me you know each other—actually, he told me how to get here. And, well, I saw your photo together.”

“I see…” The priest sighed in a way that portrayed his age better than his powerful poise. “Is he well?”

“Yup, he’s takin’ it easy. Just like you, he doesn’ have clothes for the cold, so he’s staying at base.” Maria grins perhaps showing a little too much teeth. “So, what’s the story? Any embarrassing tidbits are welcome.”

Maria thinks the priest is sighing again, but it is merely a nasal exhalation. However, it does not quite seem like relief on the aged man’s face.

“I see…” The man takes a few more seconds to respond to Maria’s inquiry.

“I met Javier ten years ago. He had just finished high school, and the first thing he did was leave his parents’ home and take to the road. ‘To make his own life’, he said.” He snorts, the first truly authentic smile appearing on his face. “He was such a brat. Didn’t know left from right.”

His eyes turned towards the church’s large gates, as if he could see through them.

“I…want the best for that child. He is almost dangerously innocent, blissfully ignorant of the fact that he grew up surrounded by evil. Please, be kind to that child. He needs friends, now more than ever.”

His gaze then fixates on Maria, who meets his directness by pushing herself off the wall, crossing her arms and meeting her gaze just as straightly.

“I…will not say much. Javier did not say much about his early years in Villarica. He claimed not to remember; I cannot say if it is true. In any case, it is not my story to tell. I can only tell you that the Church does have a special title for that young man.”

“We call Javier Lucero, the ‘Child Zero’.”

Maria, still with arms crossed and a stern gaze, tilted her head a few degrees to her left.

“…is that supposed to be a pun?”

“Yes.”

“You Church guys are the fucking worst.”

Choice Time
    Singularity Map (opening in a sperate tab recommended)
    Looks like you’re done getting intel from the Church for now. So, what’s the plan?

1. Help Father Scherer by dealing with the undead encirclement.
    2. Check the Hostel. We still don’t know what’s the deal with the explosion.
    3. Return to the Drake residence to check on Javier.
    4. Go to the Costa Mirador building.

1. Go through Bismarck Square (the straightest route, but it’s 100% unknown territory).
    2. Go through Pantheon Hill (a considerably more circumvented choice, but at least we know part of the route).

5. Write-in.

Frakk it, we need a healer, stat!

4a

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    4a

So the Edelfelt want a Fiore Edelfelt eh?

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    4a
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    4a

Now Revamped!

Blog Entries
    A few off-screen confessions from the Quest Master:

• I'm kinda amazed at how you've unlocked almost every location in the map, but you're nowhere near close to completing the Quest. I guess you've simply played very boldly and actively. That's great.
    • Remember the character creation survey? The first question was about the PC's involvement with the supernatural. If the majority had picked anything other than what you actually chose on that question, Javier would have been killed by the ice coffin's spell.
    • Speaking of the surveys, both Maria, the Servant possessing her, and the class of that Servant were all decided by those. You can probably guess there was a possibility of your character having Maria's backstory, and a (very small) possibility in which your character became the pseudo-Servant.
    • Among the possible "companion Servants" for this quest, Saver was my second-to-last choice. My favorite was Caster.
    • There is no Sakura route. There will be no NTR in this quest.

Anywa, I hope you're enjoying being part of this even half as much as I am.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Will you post what are the others Servant choice we didn't choose?

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post

• I'm kinda amazed at how you've unlocked almost every location in the map, but you're nowhere near close to completing the Quest. I guess you've simply played very boldly and actively. That's great.
    • Remember the character creation survey? The first question was about the PC's involvement with the supernatural. If the majority had picked anything other than what you actually chose on that question, Javier would have been killed by the ice coffin's spell.
    • Speaking of the surveys, both Maria, the Servant possessing her, and the class of that Servant were all decided by those. You can probably guess there was a possibility of your character having Maria's backstory, and a (very small) possibility in which your character became the pseudo-Servant.
    • Among the possible "companion Servants" for this quest, Saver was my second-to-last choice. My favorite was Caster.

Anyway, I hope you're enjoying being part of this even half as much as I am.
    I'm enjoying it a lot, thanks!

And I don't recall much of the questionnaires anymore, just that Maria is Javier's type.

- - - Updated - - -

But no NTR? So much for questionably into Javier Assassin and/or healer lady hue
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    4a for sure, looks like there will be no need to rent out the Thunderdome this time around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post

Anywa, I hope you're enjoying being part of this even half as much as I am.
    1) This just means there's that much more to look forward to.
    2) I don't even remember what the first question was but any other? Whoa.
    3) All that was picked by the survey? Even more than I thought it was.
    4) But will we see the others at any point or are they all in here as NPC's?
    5) Not surprised, Luvia would destroy us all.

Work is throttling productivity on my end which is why QoF has been so much quieter lately so I'm having a blast getting quest fixes elsewhere. I'm having a blast and here's to you stepping up, it gets better and better with every single update.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I still want to explore the rape cave, I bet it has treasure.
    canon finish apo vol 3