Page 25 of 79 FirstFirst ... 15202324252627303575 ... LastLast

Thread: [Quest] Lost Singularity - Fimbulwinter

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Javier and Maria should save Oliver's waifu. With my rotten luck though, she'll turn into a zombie the moment they get there. Or better yet, she already has before our current Save Point.

Save. The prior Save Point's recent enough where there's no benefit in not saving.
    Last edited by Rafflesiac; January 14th, 2019 at 01:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Javier: Exploration Action - - Atkinson Promenade – Drake Family Residence

Maria: Exploration Action - - Atkinson Promenade – Drake Family Residence

Also, Don't Save​.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Doubling up on hitting the Drake residence for both Javier & Maria and also saving (because why not). Helping out the Drakes and fixing their problem sounds like the best course of action, better to wrap that up before moving on.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hotel Manoir Atkinson, Atkinson Promenade 165, Valparaíso
    Day 03
    Afternoon Phase - 01
    Severe Cold (-21 °C/-7.5 °F)

Character & Base Status
    Health: Good
    Sustenance: Good
    Warmth: Good
    Stamina: Good
    Regression Level 1

“Are you sure you’re—”

“I’m alright now, Maria. Really. Come on, we agreed to do this.”

Maria’s report on her meeting with Liria Colhuán—Servant Assassin—is over. Our next move is the matter we have left unresolved for almost 24 hours. There is something in the back of my mind that’s worrying me—well, let’s be honest: there’s a whole bunch of things worrying me right now—, but we cannot let that stop us. If we have a chance to save a person, we have to take it, right? It’s just the right thing to do.

Of course, I’m in the middle verifying that my body is properly covered by the winter clothes when we—well, Maria first—catch the sounds. Somewhat familiar, somewhat unfamiliar, completely at odds in this frozen world.

“Those are…”

Naturally, Maria’s already on the move, and I wince when her abrupt opening of the (admittedly broken) window doors allows even more of the cold breeze to rush in.

“Those are armored vehicle tracks…there! The same SdKfz as yesterday, and I can hear at least a second one at the bottom of the hill! Fuck!”

I would say that’s not very subtle, but I guess it’s impossible to be stealthy with something like an armored truck.

“Javier, the one I can’t see from here probably has rocket launchers,” Maria reveals as she moves away from the window.

And they don’t know I’m here, so they’ll have zero qualms about razing this entire building. Fuck.

“We gotta—”

Wait. No. They gotta be better than this.

“Fuck, they probably already have people at the exits. They have to be there to get you the moment you try to leave here.”

Maria winces as she too comes to awareness of this fact. Of course these Nazis would know by now that a superhuman warrior can get away from rockets without problem.

“The truck I can see from here’s probably waiting for me to leap off one of the windows.”

I glance at the slanted ceiling over our heads. Maria picked the biggest suite, which is in fact the refurnished attic of this two-story building. Which could mean that, for all we know, the two floors are already swarming with Nazi soldiers. And they’re not real people, so whoever’s in charge (Rider) might have no qualms about losing them to artillery barrage.

Fuck.

“Javier…” Maria’s voice comes out kind of like a puppy’s whine.

That’s right. Rockets any second now.

What the hell do we do?

Critical Choice

Maria’s Next Action:

1. Write-in.

Javier’s Next Action:

1. Write-in.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    The spacing in Javier's character sheet is borked.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Should be fixed now. Forum messed up the post when I updated the Quest Progress.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Javier & Maria: With Maria carrying Javier, jump from one building to the next while dodging fire and both look for Rider.
    Last edited by Rafflesiac; January 18th, 2019 at 01:10 PM.
    canon finish apo vol 3

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Barring some unexpected shounen-style powerup, Luminous Dress won't protect the building.

Also, wouldn't it be more efficient to specifically aim for the rockets with the Aura Slash?

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    By all means and with no negative intentions, come up with a better idea.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Javier: Use Luminous Dress on the building.

Maria: Aura Slash the visible truck.

I don't have anything better to suggest, so let's roll with that. .-.

Hmmm... How about this:

Javier & Maria: With Maria carrying Javier, jump from one building to the next while dodging fire and both look for Rider.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Maria's probably faster than the rockets, but my main qualm is that it shows Rider Javier. Strictly speaking, it doesn't 100% confirm they're allied, but it sacrifices his anonymity.
    canon finish apo vol 3

True, but here's my reasoning: they can't stay on the defensive, since they'll eventually be overwhelmed, and it's not like they can simply evade detection and sneak to Drake's house, since there are zombies everywhere and there are limits to what Assassin can do to help. Why not go on the offensive, then? And if going on the offensive, isn't it better to go directly for Rider instead of wasting energy on the mooks?

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Hmm...

Alright, then; it's better to trust in Maria's powerlevels than Javier's at this point. Plus if they bite it the Save Point's nearby. I'll change my vote.
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Hmmm... How about this:

Raff made a good point, I'll go with this too.

Blog Entries
    Hotel Manoir Atkinson, Atkinson Promenade 165, Valparaíso
    Day 03
    Afternoon Phase - 02
    Severe Cold (-20 °C/-4 °F)

Character Status
    Health: Good
    Sustenance: Good
    Warmth: Good
    Stamina: Good
    Regression Level 1
    (BGM)

“Maria, get us out of here.”

“But, they’ll see you—!”

“I don’t think we have the luxury of stealth right now!”

Maria hesitates for only a second longer. Whatever it is that is holding her back and make her think twice of my demand, it is promptly dispelled by the very explicit, very immediate sound of rockets being launched.

“Fuck!” My partner shouts bitterly even as she grabs me by the waist and holy shit G-forces and everything’s so loud all of a sudden—ah, explosion!

Senses overloaded. There is only loudness and brightness and the world spins around me because Maria just can’t jump like a normal person. I am in fact surprised I haven’t emptied my stomach yet, although that might be because Átanor has already processed everything.

“Javier!”

Her voice centers my mind and my senses, or rather just pushes me to reopen the eyes I squeezed shut at some point.

A building belonging to the city’s cultural and historical patrimony has been totaled. Goodbye, Manoir Atkinson. It was a good bed.

Maria has jumped to the block of buildings right in front of the decimated hotel, between Papudo and the Promenade.

“Javier, I don’t—whoa!”

Again, a potent G-force threatens to push my innards out of my mouth, as Maria hastily jumps back to avoid—

“What the fuck is that!?” I feel even sicker for opening my mouth. “A whirlwind!? A cannon that shoots whirlwinds!? What kind of fantasy weapon is that!?”

It’s not just rotating air—rather, the speed of rotation is so high it ignites the air around it. What remains of the rooftop Maria was standing on just a moment ago is now in flames.

“It’s the Wirbelringkanone, a weapon the SS were rumored to be developing near the end of the war,” Maria promptly explains. “It’s supposed to be an anti-air weapon, but this one’s weird…”

“Just this one is weird!? Rather, soldiers! Maria, soldiers!”

They leapt all the way from street level to the roof of the house at the far corner. Wait, I thought these guys were pretty normal except for, you know, not being actual people?

“Oh, get fucking lost!”

A swing of her sword releases a mowing wave of gold that erases both the soldiers and the roof they were standing on. Really, these soldiers don’t stand a wisp of a chance.

“Hold tight!”

I have almost no time before Maria leaps out of the way of another rampaging whirlwind, scouring and igniting everything in its path. It’s not a very effective anti-personal weapon, but damn, it’s scary to watch.

“Okay, it takes about five seconds between shots. Now what’s its deal…?”

“Priorities, Maria!”

“Calm down, Javier.”

Oh, now you are telling me to calm down.

“I don’t feel Rider’s presence nearby. So either he’s all the way downhill with the rocket launchers—whoa!”

The whirlwind cannon is taking away our elevated footholds one by one. Rather, we’re seriously wrecking the city’s historical area! I’m sorry!

“—or he’s not here at all and won’t come out until the evening.”

While away from the edges, the soldiers on the streets cannot fire at us. However, the cannon fires unrelentingly and accurately, even when we’re out of its sight. Either Assassin is giving the cannon crew the firing solutions—but I don’t see any zombies around—or they have some other means to keep track of us.

“Javier, I need to figure out that cannon,” Maria declares. “The one time it hit me yesterday, it dealt almost no damage, but it paralyzed me.”

Sure, whatever, but we also agreed to help Mr. Drake’s young wife today, and I can’t do that without Maria to handle that freezing curse or whatever it is—

“Maria!”

“Calm down!”

I’ll calm down when that fantasy cannon is no longer part of my life!

Anyway, it’s also true that Maria can’t go on the offensive while lugging me around like a sack of potatoes. The soldiers are chumps against Maria, but if enough start firing their automatic guns, sooner or later at least one bullet is gonna hit me…wait, why are we moving to the edge?

“Maria—agh!”

This girl…! She’s gonna—!

It is a wordless cry that comes out of my mouth when Maria lunges to meet the next released whirlwind with her sword engulfed in golden radiance.

“Ah, shit—” Maria’s own self-critical outcry is drowned by the explosion of light, flame and thunderous sound. My eyes manage to catch a glimpse of the sword being flung off her hand to who-knows-where, just before Maria is lifted off her feet and the two are blown backwards to roll on the roof tiles.

The groaning me can only glare at the reckless girl in aching judgement. There was not enough power in the swing, because she did not compensate properly for my weight on the opposite side of her body.

“We’re just gonna—ugh—be surrounded if we stay here…”

I took too long to notice. I was too outraged by Maria’s stunt, I didn’t notice earlier. The stiffness of her body. The widened, alarmed expression in her eyes that does not spread to the rest of her face. The very fact she has not responded to my words, not even with some silly quip.

She said it, didn’t she?

She’s paralyzed.

“Maria—!”

Even while incapable of moving her body, she thinks and reacts faster than me. As expected of a Servant, she does not hesitate nor surrender. She has been through this already, and knows exactly what to do. Likely the same stunt that saved her the first time.

The mighty golden radiance erupts out of her body, manifesting with explosive force. The rooftop beneath us is utterly shattered. I am far enough to simply be pulled along the collapsing roof by gravity, so I can only watch how Maria’s body is sent flying like a ragdoll by her own power, mere moments before a new whirlwind tears through the space she had occupied.

And then I hit the (yes!) snow-covered floor of the now-roofless house.

“Ow.”

Thanks to the snow and multiple layers of thick clothes for breaking the fall. Maria…that blast must have flung her all the way across the promenade, all the way to the base of the hill. And the Nazis must have seen that, so she’ll draw them away from me…

…but they did see me with her after all, so I can’t deny the possibility that there might be soldiers coming this way. Will they try to capture me? Will they shoot on sight?

What do I do now?

Choice Time
    Javier’s Next Action:

1. Try to sneak to the Drake residence.
    2. Try to sneak to the base of the hill.
    3. Try to sneak to the Lutheran church.
    4. Write-in.
    Last edited by Daneel Rush; January 19th, 2019 at 07:14 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    canon finish apo vol 3

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries

While the Church is a good place of respite, we don't have time to waste.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries

Hmmm... Should we sneak away to the Drake residence in the hopes Maria can catch up to us later, or should we try to solve the immediate situation first?