Page 46 of 79 FirstFirst ... 364144454647485156 ... LastLast

Thread: [Quest] Lost Singularity - Fimbulwinter

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I don't like either option but I can't kill Javier in good conscience without using that Hero's Proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quest Master's Note: No choices here, just a bit of progress, resolving your choices before the next one.

Underground Passage C
    Day 03
    Evening Phase – 07a
    Severe Cold (-30 °C/-22 °F; external temperature)

Character Status
    Health: Poor
    Sustenance: Stable
    Warmth: Good
    Stamina: Stable
    Regression Level 2

Magic circuits inactive.
    (BGM)

“Javier, you don´t look so good.”

I grumble at Senta pointing it out and drawing Nomikata´s attention. I don´t know how I look, but I certainly do not feel so good. My sight is hazy, and a terrible nausea is assaulting me with every passing second. It is true that I feel a bit tired, and I still ache a lot from everything that’s happened today, but this hasn’t got to do with any of that.

It’s the divine whatchamacallit. I´m not tapping into it, but it is still stirring, churning my insides and inflaming me until I feel feverish. The earth hums beneath my feet, and the artificial lights above my head are painful to the eyes. I groan, yet it feels like it was the world groaning around me.

I hear no sounds, yet my mind feels the painful swell of countless voices shouting in unison. I have to lean against the rock wall.

“Javier.” This time it is the man, Nomikata, who calls out to me. I feel myself waving my hand in a dismissive gesture.

“Don´t…don´t mind me. It´s just…I overdid it…with my magecraft.”

The man does not seem convinced, but nonetheless nods. It might have to do with little Maria managed to tell me about magi; they seem to have some sort of self-imposed rule not to pry on the magical affairs of their peers? Well, it might be a sort of “do unto others” mentality.

“We gotta find Sakura,” I insist, and that does get Nomikata to agree. They might claim to not be an item, but it is clear this guy is worried about her.

“Yes, yes, aren´t you nice guys.” Senta is thoroughly unimpressed. “You should just let me take you to the nearest exit. You know I´m not gonna help you if you stumble into somebody.”

She then lets the back of her head rest on her entwined hands.

“Not that we’ll meet anybody in here, unless you do something seriously stupid…”

Her words fade out beneath the rumbling of the ground around us. This one we all felt, I can tell.

“That´s…”

“Obviously Rider´s going trigger-happy,” Senta says. “No idea who he´s attacking up there, though.”

I can only hope Fiore and Mr. Drake are safe.

Thus far we have stuck to the wider passageway, avoiding the occasional passage breaking out of it. I can tell we have been moving southeast towards Cerro Panteón. We are probably under the cemeteries by now. A certain worry is prodding the back of my head, but I don’t want to think about it. Instead, I should make use of Senta’s talkativeness.

“You said we won´t meet anybody in these tunnels.”

“Well, yeah.” Senta shrugs. “We don’t have guards or patrols in these tunnels. Nobody is supposed to find them in the first place. Once you reach one of the main caverns anything can happen.”

We don’t even have to press her for details.

“His Majesty is always inside his palace acting all high and mighty. Hilde and Isolde are his attendants and they’re always with him. Rider’s always busy as a bee and going here and there taking care of everything, but we know he’s up there right now, so there. Caster never leaves her workshop these days, Archer has temple-guarding duty at this time, and Lancer…well, that one is Avenger now. No idea where he is. Ortrud is probably watching us right now—”

(BGM STOP)

What?

“And I dunno where Kundy and Lis might be. I´d say Kundy’s still up there, but Lis could be anywhere by now. I guess I could ask Ortrud; do you want me to?”

Nomikata and I are looking at each other. Our steps have come to an abrupt halt. The other guy is almost vibrating on the spot—damn the guy is tense. As for myself, well…

“Senta, wait.”

“Hmm? Oh, you need a break?” The girl ahead of us just noticed we stopped.

“No, we just have…way too many questions.”

“Yeah, I’ve noticed.” She catches my raised eyebrow. “You only asked me questions up there in the church. You think I didn’t notice you didn’t really tell me anything about yourself.”

Her scolding tone is plainly a performance; she is not bothered by that in the slightest.

“But, sure, ask away. I might convince you to stop being stupid and get out of here. Really, if you´re gonna throw away your lives, might as well just let me experiment on you.”

I…will just pretend I did not hear that.

(BGM)

We sit down. It just naturally happens, and my body feels grateful for it. Senta unabashedly sits next to me, while Nomikata very obviously separates from us and sits across the passage, leaning on the opposite wall. It is not hard to tell he is not very comfortable around Senta. For that matter, I should perhaps be more uncomfortable around Senta.

“It’s a little warmer in here,” I point out.

“It’s just because we’re underground,” Senta quickly adds. “There’s only Servants, magical constructs and artificial humans in the Fourth Reich, so we all can handle the cold—ah, well, there are lots of machines that generate heat, and the palace also has central heating, but that´s just because the Sovereign likes his luxuries.”

“Right, that ‘Sovereign’, he is the one you keep calling ‘His Majesty’, right?”

“Yup.”

“Is he the one who created this, what’s the word, singularity?”

Senta calmly closes her eyes at my question. She only speaks after slowly shaking her head.

“You’ve talked to Assassin, haven’t you? What did she tell you?”

She could not tell us much because she is…right.

“You can´t tell us either.”

“I can´t say anything that could outright reveal the identity of the Master of the Singularity,” Senta declares. “So, if you want to get information out of me, you´ll have to be more careful with your choice of questions.”

There. I´m not so daft as to not catch the obvious clue laid just before me. Senta is implying that it is possible to get something out of her. She seems the kind of person who has tested the limits and nuances of the magical power that holds her tongue. I glance at Nomikata, who was already staring at me. I feel…he has figured out the same. Seems like we´ll be working together on this, but I´m the one who kinda gets along with Senta (still not sure how to feel about that), so I should take the lead here.

“This Sovereign…is he the person who created you?”

“I cannot answer that question.”

That…is an odd answer. Unless…

“The person who created you is the mastermind of the singularity.”

“Girl.”

Senta’s eyes shoot towards Seigi Nomikata.

“Is Javier, the man next to you, the mastermind of this singularity?”

Senta narrows her eyes. Her villainous smirk slowly returns to her face.

I see. The sheer mention of the mastermind in the text of the question, no matter how absurd the hypothesis, automatically restricts Senta´s answer. Well this guy is smart.

“The person who created you is the same person who summoned Rider?” Nomikata continues.

“Yup!”

And now we got a proper answer. The smirking Senta is trying to tell us we are close to a breakthrough.

“What other Servants did that person summon?” I follow up.

“Archer, Lancer, Caster, Assassin and Berserker. Plus your Saber, you get the standard seven.”

Nomikata winces and exhales loudly, turning his gaze to the ceiling.

“You guys had the whole roster on your side. It’s a bloody 6-on-1 battle. Wait, how does that Master sustain six Servants?”

“Most of the job is done by the same Grail that sustains the singularity,” Senta clarifies, and Seigi looks about to bash his head on the ground.

“Right, of course you have a bloody Grail. It takes at least that much to pull off this whole codswallop.”

This whole what?

“Actually, now that I think about it,” Senta continues. “Why is Assassin still around? I mean, if she betrayed the Master, it should be a matter of just breaking the summoning contract. Then again, I also betrayed them and I´m still here. It´s like that person doesn´t give a shit.”

“Okay, let’s close the loop,” I proceed. No room for distractions at this point. “Is this so-called Sovereign the one who summoned those Servants?”

Senta is not openly smiling, like this whole thing is a game to her and she is having a blast.

“I…cannot answer! You are asking the wrong questions!”

Meaning that the answer to that question is a connection to the mastermind’s identity. Again, either the Sovereign or the summoner are the mastermind of the singularity. Seigi Nomikata is immersed in his thoughts. He is likely looking for a loophole around Senta´s restrictions; a way to make her answer something other than “I cannot answer”.

But that´s the thing, isn´t it Senta? You already gave us the answer a while ago, before this interrogation began.

“Senta, I don´t really know how this whole business of Masters and Servants and Holy Grails works, so this could be a stupid question: when were those Servants summoned? Before, or after the city froze?”

The girl frowns for a moment, perhaps wondering where I´m trying to get with this. However, she indulges me.

“I was told Berserker and Rider were summoned some three years ago.”

“Three years…!”

“Assassin, Archer and Lancer were summoned three days ago,” Senta continues, ignoring Nomikata’s gasp-like outburst. “The summoning ritual and the big freeze happened at the same time. I know this because I was there. And Caster…she´s been around from the beginning, I guess. Well, it´s more that she keeps getting summoned over and over.”

“Wait, what do you mean over and—”

“That´s not important right now!” That whole deal with Caster sounds important, but I have to interrupt Nomikata here. Otherwise we´ll go on another tangent and we really don´t have all the time in the world. “Senta, earlier, when you brought up that there are no patrols in these tunnels. You then listed where everybody on the Nazis’ side might be.”

Her eyes behind the glasses gleam excitedly. Now she knows where I´m getting at, and now I know I’m on the right path.

“Everybody except The Maid,” she specifies while assenting. Oh fuck me, she´s right, but that only confirms…!

“You didn´t mention Berserker back then,” I reply almost too quickly. Because, damn it, I know exactly what her reply will be.

Indeed, Senta´s smirk is vicious.

“I did.”

Exactly.

Ah, looks like Nomikata also got it.

“Berserker…”

“…is the Sovereign,” I finish.

“I cannot confirm nor deny that statement!” Senta laughingly comments, even as her hands are clapping like a circus seal. I wish I could share their feeling of accomplishment, but this realization does not make me happy at all. After all…

“And Berserker most definitely did not summon himself,” I then add.

“Nope!”

“And you definitely listed every single person on the Nazis’ side.”

“Yup!”

The so-called Sovereign of the Black Sun is in fact Servant Berserker. Therefore, he is not the Master of the other Servants nor the creator of Senta and her sisters. In that case, the only person who could possibly fill that role; the person most likely to be the mastermind behind this frozen hell, is without a doubt…!

Cervecería Anfiteatro, Cumming 107, Valparaíso
    Severe Cold (-30 °C/-22 °F)

(BGM)

Maria Westinghouse is crouching inside the blasted, ruined remains of a tavern. The whole structure was supported by wooden columns and beams which were debilitated to the breaking point by the abrupt temperature gradients of the deep freeze three days earlier and the subsequent stabilization to a subzero baseline. A few figures encased in ice are crushed beneath thick wooden blocks and planks. The floor is littered in fragment of glass as every single mug and bottle in that place shattered when the city was trapped in ice and snow. Even after three days of freezing temperature, the scent of alcohol clearly enters her nostrils.

This is the place where Maria currently hides. Even her breathing is measured and controlled. She becomes deathly still when one of the Feuerball drones slowly floats uphill along the nearby Cumming Street. Rider´s Haunebu allows him to attack from a safe distance, but by keeping that distance he cannot rely on his senses as a Servant that allow him to detect other nearby Servants. Maria has successfully eluded him, disappeared from his sight. Whether that is a good thing or not remains to be seen.

“As I thought…” Maria then murmurs, looking away from the street, towards the tavern’s furthest wall. She has followed her connection to Javier´s magic circuits through a haphazard application of her own knot magic she discovered when haplessly lost in the Chislehurst Caves after dark, frantically looking for her friend, the handsome lawyer with the difficult Welsh name.

Her mental compass now points ahead and downwards. However, past the tavern’s wall stands a wall of rock: the slope of Pantheon Hill, with its cemeteries standing at the top.

“Damn it, Javier, how the fuck did you make it underground? And how the fuck am I supposed to get there? Shit, why don’t we have any telepathy spells, grandma? Our magecraft sucks!”

“Come out, Saber! I’ll raze this entire city if I have to!”

And therein lies the issue; in those resounding words coming out of speakers installed in drones flying all over the place. She can’t tell if Rider is bluffing, and she can’t tell just how far he is willing to go to get her. His attacks thus far have failed to touch even a single hair, and he is well outside the range of her projected melam. She has even managed to hide successfully. Will he relent upon realizing they are at a standstill, or will he lose his patience and just tear apart the whole city in his thirst for victory?

His
    Kraftstahlkanonen
    electromagnetic beam cannons
    have already torn through many houses in their attempts at slaying her. What about the people trapped in ice inside those houses? Are they safe (or as safe as they can be in their current situation)? What about Sakura and Fiore and the Drakes, and even Father Scherer in his church? Alicia is at her home; are the others safe underground like Javier? Are they still out there where they could become Rider’s collateral damage?

Maria knows she cannot outlast the machine. She will tire, falter, and give Rider an opening long before that thing needs to refuel. Even worse: if everything she suspects about the specifications of that flying saucer is true—which has been thus far—, then it is likely Rider has a weapon far more destructive in his arsenal. On the other hand, Rider does not know she now has the means to blast him out of the sky for good—an attack with the range, speed, and destructive power to bring down Haunebu with a single blow. However, without any assessment of Javier´s current status, she could risk pushing Javier over his limit by the technique´s elevated energy demands. That is why she wants to find Javier: to ask for his permission to unleash the full potential of the fraction of Saver´s power currently at her disposal.

How the hell is she going to find a way underground, though?
    Last edited by Daneel Rush; June 27th, 2019 at 12:55 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    So Maria's grandma was involved with Nazis, who summoned someone Mesopotamian that was key to starting off this whole thing. I guess that someone is the Maid, who got a dye job? Or maybe there's yet another aspect in the Maid/Lily/Assassin power hour. Or is it Caster who was summoned quickly, and the Maid never died in the first place? Curious, curious, curious.

...that really does make Javier the Anakin here.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    A House Somewhere on Concepción Hill
    Severe Cold (-30 °C/-22 °F)

A beautiful woman paces uncontrollably inside the living room of a house not her own. She is in her mid-twenties, but she is gifted with, among other things, good genes that make her look at least five years younger. This youthfulness is wholly natural, however, unlike Liria Colhuán’s, which defies rationality.

¿Qué mierda es todo esto? ¿Un OVNI? ¡Es un maldito OVNI!

She curses in her native Spanish, although her words lack the acridity of one accustomed to spouting filthy words. Her eyes are bloodshot, willpower and ingrained severity holding tears at bay. Her fingers clench and relax uncontrollably, as if desperate for a throat to strangle. Her breathing is troubled and irregular. In short, she displays all the symptoms of one in the verge of a nervous breakdown, as her entire system of belief has been defiled and torn apart.

Her fist strikes the wall hard, but it is as if she does not register the pain. Tired and hopeless, her body slumps against the wall before sliding down until her butt lands on the cold floor.

Maldita sea…así no es como debe ser…

“Oh, now you have made me curious. How is it supposed to be, then?”

(BGM)

Maria Magdalena Vyhmeister jumps to her feet with agility that would surprise those who know her, the sensation of a searing hot stake piercing her womb felt vividly as her magic circuits surge into life, transmuting her vital energy to fuel the spell that will grant her control of every water molecule around her—

She falls to her knees, breathless, the abrupt and unexpected loss of all that buildup like a punch to the gut. Her magecraft is gone, and all it took this person was a brief movement of the hand over the eyepatch covering her eye.
    Spoiler:
    “Please do not make me do that again,” requests Elisabeth, her voice devoid of any warmth or compassion. She makes a great impression of the warden of a prison, or someplace even more horrifying. “Now, do I need to break your legs to make you listen to me?”

Magdalena flinches and pulls away like a cornered animal, her eyes darting in every direction looking for an escape route. Elisabeth stands still and impassive, which only fuels the human woman’s growing ire.

“You…!” Her voice comes out more as a gasp. “My brother, and I, we are…what are you?”

“Merely the tool of a goddess,” responds the beauty in uniform. “As for that brother of yours, you should come with me if you want to meet him again.”

At the mention of her brother, Magdalena jerks back as if physically struck. The abrupt, abnormal motion elicits a raised eyebrow from the dark-haired homunculus. Magdalena, who looks like she will fall like a marionette with its strings cut, suddenly straightens up, raises her chin and faces Elisabeth with almost masculine severity. The eyebrow drops back down as Elisabeth’s eyes settle on a narrowed gaze.

It’s almost like…the red-haired belle in front of her has become a different person.

“So you are connected to the…thing that took my brother.”

Elisabeth needs a moment to answer. The woman, who a moment ago seemed a mental wreck about to be overcome by her turbulent emotions, now projects steeled coolness to match her own. Right then and there, Elisabeth decided to no longer underestimate the sister Vyhmeister.

“We serve the same master: your mother.”

Magdalena’s eyes glow with sheer but carefully restrained hate. Elisabeth is thoroughly unimpressed.

“My mother is dead,” says the Villarrican.

“Perhaps, but what else would you call the one who gave you the powers you wield so haughtily?”

That gets through the redhead’s steel mask, clearly showing her surprise only long enough for Elisabeth to catch it. However, that surprise is soon submerged beneath ever greater loathing.

“You…you work for that witch, Lily?”

Elisabeth almost smiles at that.

“There is much you do not know. If you wish to know, you will follow me.”

Magdalena Vyhmeister does follow. Whatever this woman and her “master” may be up to, she just cannot leave her brother alone.

Underground Passage C
    Day 03
    Evening Phase – 07b
    Severe Cold (-30 °C/-22 °F; external temperature)

Character Status
    Health: Poor
    Sustenance: Stable
    Warmth: Good
    Stamina: Stable
    Regression Level 2

Magic circuits inactive.
    (BGM)

For all the urgency when we started walking, now neither of us seems in a hurry to stand back up. Perhaps Nomikata is perceptive enough to notice that I’m far from my best—not that tired, but wracked with overall system pain. I was just starting to recover from all the punishment I took the past two days, but that forceful attempt by the divine flame to sustain itself at my expense has pulled the wind out of my sails.

“You’ve figured something out, Javier.”

Well, yeah. This guy, Nomikata, sure has good senses.

“It’s not…” Now, I can’t really say it’s not important. “I…I’d rather not blurt anything out recklessly. There’s somebody I’d like to talk to before I start pointing fingers. More importantly, Senta.”

“Hmm?” This girl has zero tension. I envy her a little, but is that really okay?

“Rather than the name of the mastermind, this…singularity. Why is this happening? What’s the point?”

“Huh. You guys really don’t know anything, do you?”

Her voice makes it sound like she is making fun of us, but by this point I am confident that is not the case. She just does not hold herself back.

“Look, I dunno what the Master is really up to. Like that person would share the big plan with anyone, really. Thus far the Sovereign’s the one calling the shots. The Master acts pretty much independently, giving the rare order here and there, but never contradicting Berserker’s orders. But here’s the gist of it.”

Senta adjusts her glasses in the most stereotypical gesture of faux intellectualism.

“The Sovereign wants to create his ideal Fourth Reich for his ‘chosen people’, encompassing the entire world. Of course, in that so called ‘New World’, he will be basically God.”

“It’s almost depressing how cliché it is,” comments Nomikata. Well, we’ve been using Nazis as the villains in media ever since the end of the war. Of course it’s clichéd by this point.

“You might have figured it out by now, but the Sovereign’s ‘chosen people’ are those with aptitude for magecraft. Those without circuits were frozen to be used as fuel for the temple.”

“Temple? What temple?” asks Nomikata before I can. Senta winces.

“Geez, you guys don’t even know about—ah, whatever. Seriously, climb up one of those high-rise buildings and take a good look uphill. Where do you think that aurora comes from, anyway?”

For all that she looks and sounds exasperated by our ignorance, she does not waste time dispelling it.

“The temple will be finished three days from now. When that happens, there will be some sort of ritual that will create the ‘ideal world for the Fourth Reich’, whatever that means.”

That…sound ominous, if a bit ambiguous.

“So something bad is going to happen in three days, but we have no idea what it is,” says Nomikata.

“Yeah, pretty much.”

“Create an ideal world…I can think of a number of things, all of them absurd.”

The redhead’s words elicit a chuckle from the Nazi homunculus.

“I can guess, but whatever it is, assume it’s gonna be big. Berserker is a lunatic, but he is no chump, and if there’s somebody in here who can really change the world and create a new one, it’s my creator.”

The light-hearted attitude of Professor Senta is brushed aside, as both her tone and expression express utmost certainty and seriousness.

“That person is the real deal, guys. To the point that sometimes I wonder how much of this whole thing,” she vaguely gestures all around us, “was necessary, and how much was my master just messing around.”

Senta’s serious expression devolves even further down the negative end of the spectrum. Her dark eyes seem to lose some of their luster.

“Even me and my siblings. I don’t think we’re even necessary for the plan. Maybe we were just made for the hell of it, or because Berserker and Rider wanted some pussy. Dunno which one’s worse.”

Stop trying to make me feel sorry for you, damn it.

“Wait,” I intervene before Nomikata pushes the conversation further in that direction. “Fourth Reich or whatever, that still doesn’t explain why the city became like this.”

Senta nods to acknowledge my question.

“Right. Fimbulwinter was the Sovereign’s idea. Just having magic circuits doesn’t cut it for him; he only wants strong people in his ‘New World’.”

Oh you have got to be kidding—

“You have to be taking the bloody Mick.”

“Oh, are you perchance British? I couldn’t tell,” Senta retorts in unveiled sarcasm. “But, yeah, that’s how it is: survive the utter cold to prove yourselves worthy of the Fourth Reich.”

“That’s…” Nothing more comes out of my mouth. Seiki Nomikata is a lot more expressive.

“As if I didn’t have enough reasons to loathe those blighters. The whole lot of them…tch.” He just clicks his tongue at the end. Perhaps he does not want to curse in front of others.

“Oh, and the zombies,” Senta adds, seemingly uncaring of Nomikata’s ire. “You also had to survive the zombies. But now Assassin’s on your side, so I guess nothing came out of that. The soldiers and the Servants are supposed to leave the humans be unless attacked.” She makes a quick pause. “Ah, well, that doesn’t apply to the Master of Saber, of course.”

So that’s it. We are going through this mess as some sort of trial to prove ourselves worthy of some Nazi asshole. The vast majority of the people of Valparaíso did not even get that chance. They are…fuel for the temple, she said? So they were trapped inside those ice blocks where they are, what, drained of their vitality or something? And when they die, they would become part of Assassin’s zombie horde.

This whole thing is wrong. Even if it turned out their final end is resolving world hunger, close the hole in the ozone layer and achieving eternal peace, this whole absurdity is wrong.

“Oh well, that’s how it is,” declares Senta. “Now we really gotta face what you two have been avoiding for a while: that girl, Sakura; do you still think she is around?”

I frown. I…can guess what she is getting at. Nomikata’s expression is not quite hostile, but he is clearly displeased Senta brought it up.

“We walked for a while before stopping here,” Senta continues. “And we weren’t particularly quiet. If she were nearby, she’d have heard us and shown up. She cannot be ahead of us; unlike us, she would be walking in complete darkness. So either she took one of the side paths, in which case it will take forever to find her, if we can find her at all, or she was never here in the first place.”

“But, I saw her jump down,” I state, because it is the truth. Senta only shrugs.

Sakura was the first to jump down. While she could have put some distance in the time we spent carrying Senta, it could not have been that much, especially in the dark. And why would she even do that? Why wouldn’t she meet up with us the moment she notices we are nearby?

“Anyway, there’s a crossroads ahead. The left tunnel leads to an exit back to the surface. The right one, well, I never had reason to go there, but it leads to Caster’s workshop. The main tunnel goes on all the way to the base proper, but it’s a damn long walk from here. So, you should decide if you’re gonna stick to walking into the wolves’ den or whatever.”

Instead of getting back on her feet, Senta pulls her knees to her face, wrapping her legs in her encircling arms.

“Or, I guess I could always ask Ortrud if she’s seen her?” The looks on our faces seemingly encourage her to explain further. “I said it, didn’t I? That my skanky sister is probably watching us right now—oh, don’t get like that. I know her well enough; we don’t have to worry about her right now.”

Again, she reads our thoughts before we can even voice them. Are we men really this easy to read? Or maybe we just can’t keep our wariness off our faces?

“Ortrud is a slave to her desires,” she explains. “It wouldn’t be convenient for her to report us to the Sovereign right now, so she won’t. Anyway, what’s the plan?”

Nomikata looks at me, probably waiting for my input. The tremors have become more distant and faint; has Rider relented on his attack, or are we merely deeper underground? I want to find Sakura, yes, but the longer we stay here…will Fiore and the Drakes be alright? Father Scissors—hell, Rider could destroy his church as well in his rampage. What about Maria, has she regained consciousness?

What can we achieve here? What could we achieve out there? And where the hell is Sakura?

Choice Time
    A new chance to decide on a course of action.

1. Keep going along the main tunnel.
    2. Take the left tunnel and return to the surface.
    3. Take the right tunnel to Caster’s workshop.
    4. Do not decide just yet. Let Senta contact Ortrud to ask about Sakura.
    5. Stay here and talk about whatever. Let’s hope Sakura is drawn to the light and our voices.
    6. Write-in.

Last edited by Daneel Rush; July 3rd, 2019 at 09:47 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I assume someone grabbed Sakura rather quickly. Logic demands 2, thus I will say 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    I wonder if the sneak was whatsherface, Maria Vyhrmeister. Water to contrast fire and so on.

Also heh, motherfucking Jojo's references.
    Hey, I was right!
    canon finish apo vol 3

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, assuming Sakura isn't here, I'm guessing she's been caught by Caster.
    Sooo
    ​3
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    3 sounds more interesting

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar

Blog Entries
    3, but whatever choice is picked, I recommend doing it cautiously and carefully.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepMode View Post
    Hmm, assuming Sakura isn't here, I'm guessing she's been caught by Caster.
    Sooo
    ​3
    Good thought process

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    3 seems cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I have no idea what the difference would be if we chose 1 or 2...
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

haven't been following this lately, but what are some of the choices that we've made to make Javier look like an asshole again?

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Left Sakura unconscious on the ground in imminent danger was a big one
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    I should not say anything that could influence the voting, but I'd say the current voting is a little asshole-ish: focusing on a single person where there're a whole bunch of people, frozen and otherwise, in danger of a rampaging Servant is an insight on Javier's sense of priorities. And now he's purposely going to Caster's workshop despite Maria explicitly warning him about meeting with unknown Servants on his own, just hours ago.

So, yeah, our Javier is not quite an asshole, but he's really self-centered.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Is that really fair, though? One could argue Javier is trying to do what he can within his limits.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I mean, there's still the possible Nazi horde swarming the Drake's.

I suppose I should give up on rewinding to before Javier REJECTED HIS HUMANITY and aiming for the perfect clear and do the most moral thing for the situation, informative dead ends be damned. To be frank, I thought going underground would get the party buried alive. The worst-case scenario with Caster is Javier getting captured while Senta and Seigi bite it.

2, and adios my Goosebumps-reading and intentional wrong-way going videogaming ways.
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The worst-case scenario with Caster is Javier getting captured while Senta and Seigi bite it.
    We can't allow Seigi to die, he needs to make his cameo in Conquest next!

And in need to make progress on QoF, it's been 2 years and I've only just hit halfway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post
    I should not say anything that could influence the voting, but I'd say the current voting is a little asshole-ish: focusing on a single person where there're a whole bunch of people, frozen and otherwise, in danger of a rampaging Servant is an insight on Javier's sense of priorities. And now he's purposely going to Caster's workshop despite Maria explicitly warning him about meeting with unknown Servants on his own, just hours ago.

So, yeah, our Javier is not quite an asshole, but he's really self-centered.
    I think i said it on the Quest Discord server while I was on holiday this week (though I was a few glasses of Sangria in), but I think Javier is best described as Chaotic Neutral aspiring to be Chaotic Good but quite fixing the issue at hand.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    I mean, there's still the possible Nazi horde swarming the Drake's.

I suppose I should give up on rewinding to before Javier REJECTED HIS HUMANITY and aiming for the perfect clear and do the most moral thing for the situation, informative dead ends be damned. To be frank, I thought going underground would get the party buried alive. The worst-case scenario with Caster is Javier getting captured while Senta and Seigi bite it.

2, and adios my Goosebumps-reading and intentional wrong-way going videogaming ways.
    You say this as though you weren't the catalyst for all of our worst decisions.

Heck, we almost killed Alicia because you wanted to go off on a wild goose chase that you knew was a wild goose chase.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Daneel, I think it might have been a good idea to tell us that going for Liria's route meant Rejecting our Humanity. That said, I still feel that we should have gone for Hard Mode magecraft.
    Last edited by Draconic; July 7th, 2019 at 04:54 PM.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    I distinctly recall it being me that picked 'Lets go for Divinity and Magecraft and potentially compromise both for our own gain'.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post

Heck, we almost killed Alicia because you wanted to go off on a wild goose chase that you knew was a wild goose chase.
    Oh stop it you, you're making me blush.

- - - Updated - - -

Also in my defense I actually voted against Javier blowing himself up way back when at first.
    canon finish apo vol 3