Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    3, 1 - Who caused this Singularity?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    3, 1: I’ll follow Raff’s instincts on this one.
    (Because I want Senta to die and her master will totes kill her the moment she tries to reveal his identity)
    Last edited by Draconic; June 20th, 2019 at 09:54 PM. Reason: I still don’t like Senta. *Grump… grumbling*
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    By the way, the OP with the NPC profiles has been updated with a new document. Should've pointed that up in the story post. My bad.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    1. Be bold and explore the depths of this tunnel network.

Leaving Sakura alone is just asking for something terrible to happen so we gotta supply backup. And anyways Javier and Seigi should be able to handle anything crazy pop up

1. Write-in.

This however I am not sure on, I'll get back to this one later.
    Revising the second half because I actually came up with an idea,

"Why has this singularity been caused, what is the ultimate goal?"

Motivations can reveal identity too. Being too direct will only get Senta's kill switch pulled immediately and she has some help she can give us.

Still sticking with the first half because leaving someone alone in an evil nazi lair is a stupid idea that will only end badly for everyone.

Hmmm. I don't really want Sakura to end up alone in the Nazi Evil Lair or Senta to get killed, so I'm going to +1 Hermes for this vote.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    +1 for Hermes' vote.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

US Friend Code
    +1 for Hermes'
    It's the Most Protagonist Choice!
    False face must hide what the false heart doth know.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I still don’t like Senta, but I want Javier to grow a conscience too, so +1 to Hermes’ suggestion for me too.
    F/GO Supports

Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Not with that attitude.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    +1 for Hermes' suggestion.

Blog Entries
    ?????

(BGM)

“When are you going to start making sense!?”

Heavy blows clash with a low, thrumming sound.

“You are still thinking too much, girl!”

“Sorry for being a thinker, then!”

Consecutive exchanges follow, in which the Vatican Archives are the only victim.

“What are those thoughts doing for you, girl!?”

“I’m looking for a way to make you listen to me!”

“You still think words can reach me!?”

“They will if you want to get anywhere with me!”

Saver laughs.

“Then let me test you! And see whether your words are worth listening to!”

The storm returns, as if they past few moments had been a brief rest. Even if their stats are supposed to be the same, Maria cannot match her counterpart’s strength, as if the swirling wind helped Saver push her blade forward. She focuses on dodging, minimizing both offensive and defensive motion while looking for the tiniest gap in which to deliver a strike of her own. However, Saver’s nonsensical dance cares not for Maria’s tactics. Even if the Servant’s disorganized movements are more elaborate and apparently slower, Maria is the one who cannot keep up.

When she ducks under a horizontal swipe, the wind pushes her forward into Saver’s knee.

When she sidesteps a vertical slash, the displaced air makes her overextend and thus unable to counterattack.

When the wind is not an obstacle, it is Saver herself who moves in a way completely unexpected.

There is no pattern. There is no system. Predicting it is a waste of effort. Keeping up with it is impossible. Inevitably, it is Maria who is blown away (is the the sword? Is it the storm?), out of the Vatican Archives and into an even smaller space.

The place where she first met Javier Lucero just three days ago. Indeed, the very first thing Maria sees upon getting on her feet is Saver sliding her sword under a pot of chili con carne to fling it at her.

“You wasted perfectly good food!” Maria gasps. “How dare you!?”

Saver merely cackles.

The storm contained inside the building rages rampant. Cabinet doors open and close with incessant banging. Furniture and appliances groan as they resist movement. Tables, chairs and cutlery alike are flung in every direction as the two identical women jump and clash all over the hostel’s dining room and common areas. The wind inside a structure flows and rivulets even more disorderly, and Saver’s “dance” matches it in rambunctiousness and unpredictability.

How do I keep up!? What am I supposed to do!?

“You’re still thinking!” Saver shouts as if she could read Maria’s mind. “Stop thinking and give in already!”

“Never!”

The Servant growls.

“You…idiot!”

Maria’s thoughts drift to her battle with Lancer the previous day. Back then, she worked together with Saver. She gave herself to Saver, and they fought together as one…or so she had thought. They overpowered Lancer with physical might and the use of melam, but they did not really “dance”, not in the way Saver is showing her.

The dance…if Saver is a mythical figure, then the dance must represent something. Even if they did not dance together against Lancer, the connection back then was real.

What is she missing? What united them back then?

“Guh…agh!” Maria howls in pain when Saver lands a straight kick to her sternum. It is hard to think when a veritable storm is incessantly lashing at you.

“What’s in your idiot mind, girl?” The smirking Saver taunts.

“You,” replies Maria between coughs. “There’s nothing but you in my mind right now.”

Those words of all things make Saver stumble mid-step. Maria does not hesitate. The Servant almost gasps, but manages to deflect the sword thrown at her. The broad, sweeping motion of her weapon arm hides Maria’s low tackle—

The wind. Saver stumbling in no way stopped the wind’s rotational motion around them. The wind that pushes Maria from her left side.

Maria halt her tackle for a counterclockwise spin: against the wind for the first half of the rotation, and with it with the second half, when she extends her leg for a roundhouse kick.

It makes no sense: a straight tackle would have been much faster. Taking the time to spin and kick only grants Saver the time to react. Why did she…?

“So,” a Saver who has regained her bearings thus speaks. Her free hand caught Maria’s kick by the ankle. “You did catch a glimpse of it.”

Maria is completely at her opponent´s whim, but she remains defiant.

“What are you not telling me?”

Saver tilts her head questioningly. Maria says nothing else.

She knows nothing about Saver, except that she has been locked inside that ziggurat since the Age of Gods. What was her legend? What kind of battle did she fight? How did someone like her save humanity?

Against Lancer, they connected through their shared desire for victory, but was that really it? Saver seems to be perpetually hungry for battle; is that all it takes to get along with her…

Maria’s eyes widen abruptly. Why didn’t she notice all this time—

A bored Saver flings her opponent at the nearest wall.

“Bugh!”

Gravity does not get the chance to do its job, for a wave of divine radiance mows through both girl and wall, blasting her off the hostel and into a new, wetter stage.

Coughing becomes an ordeal as Maria feels water rushing into her air path. Even as her insides are flooded with cold, fresh liquid, she does not asphyxiate, but the sensation is very difficult to get used to. Maria is still dealing with the intruding sensation when she has to hold on to one of the larger blocks of derelict stone in a hurry, before the turbulent waters sweep her away.

The storm.

Saver has brought the storm with herself. The primordial waters swirl violently around her, enveloping the megastructure into a single, immense vortex.

This is insane!

Saver’s steely gaze is fixated on the girl clinging to a large rock.

“Are you going to dance with me, or should I beat you up some more?”

Maria nods. Those words, just now, they are important. They confirm the obvious thought that for some reason only reached the forefront of her mind just now.

Saver, you…back when we fought Lancer. You let me fight.

There is almost no change in the Servant’s expression. If anything, Saver looks utterly unimpressed. Maria challenges that bored expression with a smile somewhat marred by pain burdening her everywhere.

In that battle, they were working as one. In her thirst for victory, Maria opened herself to Saver, and Saver showed her the way to do battle. Maria is not so insolent as to be believe she can truly overpower a Servant´s—a mythical hero´s—will.

Why didn’t you just take over my body right then and there?

That’s your big realization, idiot girl? Cease wasting our time!

The Servant’s answer is a nigh-supersonic charge. Maria reacts just as quickly, throwing herself from the rock to the great obelisk at the top of the ziggurat, and Saver follows. The two swirl and dance around the obelisk’s entire length, pushing blasts of compressed water in every direction every time their blades meet. Knowledge not her own fills Maria’s mind: their mobility underwater is in no way diminished because this is Saver’s home. She was born in these primordial waters.

Maria finally pushes herself off the obelisk, letting the swirling waters drag her around for a while until she realizes she can direct where the water takes her through her own swirling movements, or rather those of her melam. The two identical girls thus become like fishes, one in ceaseless pursuit of the other.

“How much more of this worthlessness are you going to show me, girl!? For all you know, all your powerless human friends are already dead!”

Shut the fuck up. They´re all way more badass than me.

After several laps around the submerged ziggurat, Maria returns to the obelisk, planting her feet on its surface and bending her legs like an expert swimmer to push herself towards a collision course with Saver. However, as if reading each other’s minds, the two spin in opposite directions right before the clash, their swords and their melam meeting like mirrored corkscrews in an explosive impact that floods the primeval ocean with golden light.

Maria cannot even scream in pain this time. Her body is stunned as the force of the impact travels down the length of her body. Her (insufficient) consolation is that Saver is going through the same. The shockwave released by their bodies pushes the dark ocean away, and the two girls find themselves in a spherical vacuum in the midst of the Abzu, their glowing divine radiance protecting their bodies from the abrupt absence of pressure.

Spoiler:
    No fucking way.

Saver laughs, but sound does not travel in a vacuum.

This is way too fuckin’ anime!

Maria’s overwhelmed mind screams even as she rushes to meet her opponent in the bubble without gravity, and their battle descends into madness. They swirl and spin around each other without end, swords, fists, and kicks lashing out without thought or restraint. Each clash of their blades threatens to push the lightless waters further away. Soon enough, Maria just cannot keep up again; she sacrifices power to keep up with Saver’s speed, and the Servant never lets up on the ferocity of her blows. Saver’s dance has both power and speed. Maria´s only the latter.

However, Maria resists as she ways for her opportunity: the moment the primordial waters rush back in to fill the vacuum they created. No matter what, the abrupt change in medium—from vacuum to water—will have an effect in Saver’s speed and reaction time, if only for an instant.

She is ready when the moment comes. She makes a broad sweep of her sword right before the waters rush in. The force of her melam alters the flood that should have fallen upon them from every direction. Saver finds herself submerged a moment before Maria; even if the Servant is at home in these waters, for that brief moment Maria has the advantage of a frictionless world.

For an instant, Maria’s speed surpasses that of a Heroic Spirit.

Your ass is mine!

It literally is; they are using the same body, but whatever.

Nevertheless, Saver does not reward Maria with a look of surprise, and certainly not one of defeat. Saver’s voice—her own voice—echoes clearly in the girl’s mind in the infinitesimal moment before her attack hits its mark.

“Well done.”

The most immense explosion of light swallows both Maria and the primordial waters. Its brightness makes her eyes burn, and its presence is a physical force that blasts Maria away from her opponent. She bounces off hard rock. She grunts, and then bounces again and grunts a second time. It is long after her painful coming to halt that she realizes she is both on dry land and dried herself.

Groaning, Maria just spreads herself on the uneven, rocky ground. Everything hurts and she is just done with this shit. A sunset sky paints the world with its reddish and orange tones above her.

“Good.”

Saver’s voice sounds both distant yet deafeningly close. She is not in the vicinity, yet Maria can feel her powerful presence looming over her.

“So you can feel the dance after all. But it is too weak. There’s no point in dancing if your attacks are so flimsy.”

“I can’t…keep up with those crazy moves and put power in my blows at the same time,” complains the vessel between pants as she slowly pushes herself back on her feet. “I’m not a monster like—hoooly crap, this is pretty.”

Spoiler:
    Maria is very confident this place does not belong to her memories.

“Idiot girl!” calls out the distant Servant with a somewhat smothered yet loud voice, and Maria clicks her tongue.

“This idiot girl…was about to cut you in half…you cheating bitch…”

Lively yet muffled laughter fills the beautiful ancient landscape.

“Sure, keep believing that if it makes you feel better, human. Now, prepare yourself.”

“Prepare…I don’t even know where you…!”

Finally, Maria finds the strength in her neck to look up. Saver stands atop the nearest stepped tower, her face again covered with a mask. However, the Servant´s appearance has changed.

“Whoa!” Maria exclaims, finding her second wind at the sheer sight. “I mean, I know I’m a looker; I’m not shy about it, but can you knock it off with the lewdity!? Is that a word, lewdity!?”

She pauses for a moment, taking in the whole sight.

“…I’m diggin’ the cape, though.”

“Be silent. I will now show you a new way to crush our enemies.”

The words are simple and straightforward, yet they seem to echo through the air and into the ground, making the nearby walls rumble along with the shudder of excitement traveling down her spine.

“You mean your Noble Phan—”

“Don’t be ridiculous.”

Nyoro~n.”

The American girl bounces back quickly, though.

“Wait, does this mean we’re cool now? Like, I proved myself; we beat the crap of each other so now we’re friends?”

“You did not even scratch me, idiot girl.”

“Don’t say it! It can’t hurt my pride if you don’t say it!”

The sunset strikes Saver´s back, enveloping her in the halo of her own shadow. Her melam has faded from the stormy golden whirlwind it was before, loose wisps of radiance disquietly whipping and licking the air around her. The air swirls around Maria with playfulness.

“What this means is that you are not completely hopeless, and that, if you have managed to catch a glimpse of the dance, then we might be able to get somewhere like this.”

“Yup!” Maria retorts enthusiastically, crossing her arms in front of her chest and nodding to herself. “Best buddies.”

“Are you even listening…forget it.”

The words project exasperation, but there is no such thing on the Servant’s face. There is not much of anything but steel determination.

“Prepare yourself.”

With no further cue, Saver twirls with her sword arm stretched out, and a new storm rises around her. Maria promptly assumes a stance, but she does not perceive further hostility from the Servant.

“I am no teacher, so I have no words to explain. You will witness it with your eyes, and experience it with your own body. That will be enough.”

“Uhh, I don’t like the sound of that.”

“Watch carefully, idiot girl!” Saver’s boisterous voice resounds through the tornado enveloping her body. “I am the Blossom of Creation! My dance perpetuates the separation of Heaven and Earth!”

“Aaaah, wait, wait, wait, wait, waiiiit!”

There is no waiting. Maria thus experience a whole new dimension of her Servant’s might: the frustrating realization that she never stood a chance against such power, and the growing fear of the magnitude of the monstrosity she has accepted into her body and soul.

Servant Status Change
    Servant Saver has undergone
    Ascension
    Spirit Foundation Readvent

• Maria can now commune with Saver at any time when she is not under duress. Unless a special scene is triggered, Maria will automatically commune whenever she takes a Rest Action.
    • Players can now freely select between Buster, Arts and Quick when Maria is in combat. However, using the same tactics repeatedly over several scenes may result in diminishing returns, as the enemies she is generally involved with are skilled enough to adapt.

Drake Family Residence—Second Floor
    Severe Cold (-30 °C/-22 °F)

(BGM)

The artificial magus gasps aloud when the bedroom is flooded with light, the sleeping Servant’s still form wrapped in some sort of shimmering halo that completely obfuscates her shape. The divine radiance is strikingly warm, and it prickles in a way that Kundry feels actively hostile towards her. The light is warm, and beautiful, and awesome, and it makes her heart stop in fear. It is light, yet also wind, and the paralyzing glare of a demon.

The very presence of this light makes her question everything she thinks she knows. What was she thinking? Why is she doing this? Is it worth anything?

She is struck by the fundamental awareness of her own weakness, but not to a point that she does not perceive the hurried steps right behind her.

Her arm swings wide. The dagger glints as it cuts through flesh. A woman’s cry smothered by a loud clang. The sight before Kundry could not be clearer, yet she finds herself confused. Who is this woman now on the floor, gripping her forearm with tears in her eyes? How did she…?

What is that on the floor next to her? A frying pan? Why is that…?

Kundry feels a bit faint upon realizing she has completely failed. Her sole mistake was to even devote a second of her time to this powerless woman—

The Drake couple’s residence shakes when a single, dainty hand slams the homunculus on the wall right behind her. Kundry catches the distant rumble of three days of snow shaken off the house’s rooftop.

“So, no idea who you are, but your uniform kinda pisses me off, so I’m gonna knock you out for a while so we can talk later, okay?”

The last thing Kundry sees before unconsciousness claims her are the yellow eyes of a demon.

(BGM)

“Really, who the fuck are you?” Maria Westinghouse asks to the unconscious girl at her feet. “Oh well, dun’ care. Even if you’re just some cosplayer with shit taste, you still got what ya deserve for wearing that uniform.”

When she turns her attention to the other woman in the room, Maria goes positively livid.

“Oh shit, you’re hurt!”

“Ah, no, it’s not deep at all,” Alicia says through her tears. “It’s just…really cold…”

That is when Maria notices the woman is wearing the very same clothes she has been wearing all this time, even while inside the ice prison. Her paleness and now the vital blood trickling out the gash in her arm do not paint a pretty image.

“Ah, crud, what should I—no, wait!”

Alicia releases a pleasant sigh when she is wrapped in gold. Divine radiance again floods the room, smothering the woman in its prickly warmth.

“Right,” Maria says, clearly pleased with herself. “You Alicia, right? Got a first aid kit or something…? And you need thicker clothes…ah, right, Sakura said she’s wearing yours, crud. Shit, what should I do…?”

“Umm, excuse me…? Your clothes…”

“My clothes? Whadabout my…clothes…”

It is only at this point that Maria notices. Her attire has indeed changing, matching the new outfit Saver was wearing at the end of…whatever that was (a dream? A vision? An out-of-body experience?).

“Oh, for fuck’s sake; Saver you bitch! You turned me into a fuckin’ taimanin!”

Maria’s eyes, however, sparkle in abrupt awareness.

“Wait, the cape! I’ve got the cape! I can use the cape!”

A more energetic Alicia would have likely expressed utmost amusement at the girl’s changing mien. However, the circumstances do not allow for much in the way of shenanigans.

“Um, the jade lanterns…”

“The wha...oh! Those! Right! Got it!”

Alicia goes deathly stiff when Maria lifts her off the floor without effort and carries her back to the guest room. It takes seconds for the woman to be wrapped in blankets and surrounded by the heat released by her husband’s simple mystic codes. A minute or so later, Maria is bandaging the wound in her arm, which fortunately looks much worse than it actually is.

Naturally, in the meantime, they talk.

“I remember the cold, and the ice creeping up my legs,” Alicia reveals, shuddering at the memory. “Then it all went black. It looks like, everywhere…”

“Yeah, the whole damn city’s frozen. Almost everybody is trapped in ice like you were. I’m just glad we figured out how to break you out, but I don’t think we can pull it off several hundred thousand more times.”

“I, I see…”

Maria is not so slow as to not figure out what lurks in the older woman’s thoughts.

“At the time I passed out your man was alive and well. Dunno what he’s up to right now, but I intend to go out there and find everyone.”

“I…I see. Thank you.”

Alicia’s feeble smile only makes Maria feel bad. Glancing down at the tightly bandaged arm, the pangs of guilt make her stomach churn. Oliver Drake’s wife looks pale and weak. Maria knows this woman should be in a hospital and looked after by professionals. Such things, however, are beyond their reach in this frozen world.

The sound of something streaking past their house catches their attention.

“That…was too loud to be a Feuerball.”

“It’s not the first time I hear that,” Alicia comments. She has dropped her voice for some reason.

“Right, you woke up before I did. Please tell me what you know.”

Alicia thus explains that she woke up alone and confused, with some sort of rudimentary catheter in her arm. Exploring her home and becoming aware of the terrible cold, she had just noticed Maria’s unconscious form when the mystic code she wears as a pendant warned her of someone stepping into the building uninvited. Hiding behind the kitchen counter, Alicia was confused by the fact she could not see the intruder, even if her pendant alerted her that it was there. It was only when Maria released her golden aura that Alicia noticed the person-shaped gap in its midst.

“…so she was invisible. Couldn’t tell, I’ve got Magic Resistance—ah, don’t mind me, it’s a long explanation, and right now I hafta get going; look for everyone, beat the bad guys and stuff. You think you’ll be alright on your own, Mrs. Drake?”

“Umm…” It is clear Alicia is still rather taken aback by the whole situation, but Maria really cannot afford to dawdle and remain in ignorance of the situation, especially with some sort of giant flying…thing out there.

“I’ll tell Mr. Drake and Sakura to come as soon as I find them. Oh, and Fiore—she is a doctor, she can help ya. The bad guys are after me, so you’ll be safe when I go out there and get their attention. Take care, okay?”

“Ah, wait!”

Maria forces herself to a halt just out of the bedroom.

“Your name. I never got your name.”

The blonde widens her eyes as she realizes that, certainly, she knows the woman’s name while the woman does not her own.

“Right! I’m Maria! Maria Westinghouse. I’m sorry you ended up like this—I mean, not like it’s my fault or anything, but still! I’m sorry…?”

The girl’s rant drops to a halt because of the look on Alicia’s face. To Maria, it is mysterious and indecipherable. It is like she is surprised by something, but also a bit happy…?

“…I see,” Alicia replies with a smile on her lips and a pleased gleam in her bespectacled eyes. “It is an honor to meet you, Maria Westinghouse.”

“…um, right. See ya later.”

With that, Maria finally leaves the other woman behind. She is still worried about Alicia’s health, but she has a role to fulfill and enemies to fight.

Outside the Drake Family Residence
    Severe Cold (-30 °C/-22 °F)

(BGM)

Maria considers stealth only after she has stepped out into the street. She does not regret the lack of forethought; stealth is not really Saver’s style. A glance at the wrecked armored truck fills her mind with a replay of the whole day: the meeting with Assassin, the Nazi attack, the escape on that very truck, the unexpected monster—Spawn of Tiamat, Saver’s knowledge points out—attack, the grotesque lava monstrosity, the armored Servant with the wicked polearm…

…Javier.

The connection that feeds her with his magical energy confirms that he still lives. Maria idly wonders if he will be willing to talk about it now. About everything.

She walks down the street boldly and confidently. If anything wants to fight, a fight it will have. Perhaps it is a little too brash, but after Saver just showed her, it is hard to be afraid of anything that is not her ridiculous Servant.

And you said that’s not your Noble Phantasm. How much more absurd can you get, Saver?

A part of her actually wants to wrap herself in a blanket like Alicia Drake and hide from the world for a while, but the rest of her is loaded in adrenaline and euphoria. The memory of her battle with her Servant is too vivid, too fresh and too real. She has learned. She has gotten an itty bit closer to the monster inside her, and now she wants to show off a little.

But that move you pulled off is too fucking much! These clothes are too fucking much!

Spoiler:
    “I still dig the cape, though,” she says to nobody just before an absurd flying machine zips past her, high in the sky. It is a strange enough sight to halt her steps. She idly catches notice of a trio of Feuerbälle drones fluttering around her but pays them not the slightest attention.

“Is that a Flugelrad? No, no, that looks more like a Haunebu. It’s the second model, isn’t it?”

Her sword is conjured only to rest on her shoulder. Maria then leaps without effort to the nearest rooftop, casually putting more distance from the Drake house. The conical drones keep up, incessantly circling her, while the flying vehicle zips around in the distance, well into the frozen sea.

“Why do you have that knowledge?”

Sound is projected out of the drones, filling her ears with Rider’s voice from every direction. Maria scoffs.

“You weren’t thorough enough when you scurried away like the rat you are. Peenemünde, Bornholm, Vienna—you left records of your secret research everywhere, Doktor. The Church got its hands on everything; they only left enough scraps for the Americans and the Soviets to pat their own backs and feel good about themselves for finding anything.”

“…is that so. But you speak as if you know who I am, girl.”

“Yeah, pretty much figured it out when I saw that thing. There is a whole list of names I could connect with secret Nazi research from the Church’s records and all the bullshit neo-occult stuff out there. If I narrow it to aerospace development, the names go down a fair bit, but, well…”

Maria shrugs.

“I still remember last time we met. You proudly wear the doppelte Siegrune. You are a member of the SS, and a highly-ranked one at that if the other insignia on your uniform mean anything. That plus the connection with Nazi occultism and aircraft research pretty much narrows it down to a single name, doesn´t it?”

She then notices the ruin that once was the Lutheran Church where she met Assassin that very morning, and wonders what could have happened there.

“So, yeah, I know who you are, Rider. Which begs the question.”

“How the hell did a fucking nobody like you become a Servant?”

The saucer spins into a blur, allowing the guns placed along its circumference to fire in succession. The result is a constant, incessant barrage of lightning beams that mow down the house atop which Maria is standing—or rather, was.

“Ooh, Kraftstahlkanonen. So those actually exist,” Maria muses, standing on a different rooftop almost an entire block away. “Well, you seem to have the whole bag of Nazi occult bullshit, so I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. What’s next, a solar lens? A fuckin’ railgun on the moon?”

Her easygoing voice in no way hides her contempt towards the Servant and his arsenal.

“Actually, how are you even powering those cannons? A Repulsine engine wouldn’t cut it.”

The theatrics are obvious. Maria is just messing around by this point.

“Aaah, I see, I see~” She nods to herself somewhat exaggeratedly. “You’ve got a miniature Glöcke in there, don’t ya?”

Rider’s response is more lightning beams. Maria jumps down to the (Beethoven) street and the barrage follows. This time she does not run a block away in an instant. Instead, she dances.

Her movements make no sense, lacking in rhythm or logic: she jerks when anybody else would sway, she twirls when any proper dance would sidestep, she spins when anybody would a sense of rhythm would not spin. It is as if she is rebelling against the very idea of patterns, order and purpose. Her violent moves stir up the wind, scatter the fallen snow and make the abandoned cars groan on the sides of the street. Yet they cannot be random, for randomness would not allow evasion of such density of attacks. Her incomprehensible movements allow her to dodge most attacks, and her sword deflects those she fails to dodge, and her defense is also the gateway too attack. Arcs of light fly out of her swinging blade, flying swiftly towards Rider’s aerial chariot. The saucer, however, is as abnormal as Maria’s dance, switching from hovering stillness to one-dimensional movement with almost instantaneous acceleration.

“Yeah, guess that wouldn´t work,” muses Maria, sword back to resting on her shoulder. Her self-styled “Aura Slash” is the only ranged attack she has…well, not anymore.

Maria knows she can take down—no, outright erase—that saucer off the sky. There is no doubt in her mind: if she uses the new technique Saver showed her—in the most overt, painful way Saver could conceive, at that—, Rider and his big flying toy will be obliterated. However, to use that move…is a decision she perhaps should not take on her own.

“Gotta find Javier,” she murmurs, reaching into the bond that ties her to his magic circuits.

Servant Deduction
    * At certain points throughout the Quest, whenever the Main Characters discuss the issue of Servants, participants in the Quest can influence this discussion by presenting their own speculations on the identities of the Servants in Fimbulwinter.
    * Naturally, correctly deducing an unknown Servant’s identity is a boon to our protagonists, regardless of whether they wish to befriend the Servant, or defeat them, even if the nature of that boon is unclear at first glance.

Present your FINAL deduction on the identity of the Rider of the Fourth Reich.
    Choice Time
    Maria’s Choice of Action:

1. Look for Javier.
    2. No time for pondering; take out Rider once and for all with my full power.
    3. This is the wrong time for this battle. Using that technique could drain Javier out of magical power for all I know. Better hide and see how Rider reacts.
    4. Write-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Quest Master
    Warning! The following two choices, along with a third yet to come, will majorly decide the course of the Quest from this point onwards.
    Remember when I said that, back when you decided on whether to throw Seigi into the fray? Well, here we are.
    Last edited by Daneel Rush; June 23rd, 2019 at 01:14 PM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Hmmm... I'm gonna go with Sunny's guess that Rider is Hans Kammler.
    As for Maria's choice, I'm picking 1 - Look for Javier.

I'm going to follow Sunny's guess and say that Rider is Hans Kammler.
    And vote 2 for Maria's choice, her dialogue with Rider was a pretty amusing pre-battle banter, now we just need the actual battle.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Going with with Sunny's guess that Rider is Hans Kammler. Not to jump on a train but because I think she's actually correct.
    With Maria's choice, I say take out Rider once and for all with my full power as right now Javier has Seigi for back up.

I'd insert a Mana Transfer joke here but that's too obvious

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Kammler

Reading the basic Wiki profile, I'm confident Sunny hit the jackpot for 4th Reich Rider

That said, I'm going Look for Javier since knowing the guy would give us his weakness, curbstomp by Maria notwithstanding.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hans Kammler for me too.
    I’ll get the cards ready.

1. Look for Javier
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    4. Draw Rider toward Chivato's Cave.

Maybe the noise will wake the Herald up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    2. No time for pondering; take out Rider once and for all with my full power.

I dunno, going full power right now is giving me a baaaad feeling. Why would Maria hesitate if she could get away with it scot-free?

1. Look for Javier

reinforcements have come.

Blog Entries
    We have a tie.