Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Would your town make for an interesting location for a Holy Grail War?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Not exactly where I live but the city that's like a 10 minute drive away has a very active presence with the Mage Association so it could easily derail.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Yep. It's the biggest mall in America. Nachos and Spinach got lost there immediately when I loosed them upon it. I had to rescue them.
    You talking about the King of Prussia mall in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania?

Blog Entries
    It's packed with people so servants doing vampiric shit will never have to go hungry

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    I can honestly say I've never thought of it before, but now I want the Fuyuki Grail War to take place in Athens. Key scenes include:

-Saber trying to climb those stupid tourist stairs up the Acropolis and encountering Kojiro at the Propylaia

-Saber fighting Herc on Ymittos hill and Archer sniping them both from across the city on Lykavittos

-Einzbern castle is now on Penteli mountain, but on the bright side you can take the cable car there, thus dooming Shirou and Rin in the Fate route

-Gilgamesh spooking Sakura in a metro station, probably Omonoia

Only downside is that in a random Grail War everyone would probably summon a Greek hero and Herc would be extra-OP as fuck.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Just don't put him as Berserker
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    I can honestly say I've never thought of it before, but now I want the Fuyuki Grail War to take place in Athens. Key scenes include:

-Saber trying to climb those stupid tourist stairs up the Acropolis and encountering Kojiro at the Propylaia

-Saber fighting Herc on Ymittos hill and Archer sniping them both from across the city on Lykavittos

-Einzbern castle is now on Penteli mountain, but on the bright side you can take the cable car there, thus dooming Shirou and Rin in the Fate route

-Gilgamesh spooking Sakura in a metro station, probably Omonoia

Only downside is that in a random Grail War everyone would probably summon a Greek hero and Herc would be extra-OP as fuck.
    I bet Pericles would be a Servant that'd be really OP if summoned in Athens, due to his massive fame and cultural significance there.

He'd probably have the Acropolis itself as an NP (either summoning it or hijacking the real one), sort of like a combo of Ramesses' temple complex and Semi's Hanging Gardens.

Sandalphon's worst nightmare AstralSword's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Rebellion13 View Post
    Just don't put him as Berserker
    Heracles as Archer would be a beast. He would be able to use Nine Lives properly with a bow, like it was intended to be.

That while keeping God Hand. His stats would be a little bit nerfed, yes, but we would be able to hear his counter-argument when Shirou says his shit:

Shirou: People die when they are killed.

Heracles: I don't.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AstralSword View Post
    Heracles as Archer would be a beast. He would be able to use Nine Lives properly with a bow, like it was intended to be.

That while keeping God Hand. His stats would be a little bit nerfed, yes, but we would be able to hear his counter-argument when Shirou says his shit:

Shirou: People die when they are killed.

Heracles: I don't.
    Did we ever have a statement that Herc would keep God Hand in other Classes? I always imagined it as an NP more fitting for a Berserker.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Did we ever have a statement that Herc would keep God Hand in other Classes? I always imagined it as an NP more fitting for a Berserker.
    It is a skill only Heracles possess. God Hand is to Heracles like the Golden fleece is to Medea (although I can imagine Jason would also have that if he was ever summoned).

It is the skill that embodies the twelve labors. I don't think class has anything to do with it, but what I say is not set to stone by any means.

I bet Pericles would be a Servant that'd be really OP if summoned in Athens, due to his massive fame and cultural significance there.

He'd probably have the Acropolis itself as an NP (either summoning it or hijacking the real one), sort of like a combo of Ramesses' temple complex and Semi's Hanging Gardens.

Eh. He's certainly significant, but I don't know if you can call him massively famous. After all, he was a historical person, not a mythological one, and he's best known as an orator rather than a warrior (although there's no doubt he was also a warrior-all Athenian citizens were).
    For a locally-significant hero, I was more thinking about Themistocles (who famously said "Athens is wherever the Athenians are", among other things) and Miltiades.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Eh. He's certainly significant, but I don't know if you can call him massively famous. After all, he was a historical person, not a mythological one, and he's best known as an orator rather than a warrior (although there's no doubt he was also a warrior-all Athenian citizens were).
    For a locally-significant hero, I was more thinking about Themistocles (who famously said "Athens is wherever the Athenians are", among other things) and Miltiades.
    I brought up Pericles because his reforms almost single-handedly propelled Athens into its golden age. I'm not actually sure how famous he is in Athens now compared to the figures you mentioned.

US Friend Code
    Yes he does. He had it when he was originally summoned as Archer in Strange Fake.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Theseus would be insane in athens

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Yes he does. He had it when he was originally summoned as Archer in Strange Fake.
    mhmmm, with the neamean lion skin too
    Archer Herc just stacks the defense
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    The Einzberns screwed up so hard summoning him as a Berserker, didn't they?

Theseus would be insane in athens

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, right you are. Theseus would be practically Hercules-tier in Athens. At least the Berserker variant.

- - - Updated - - -

After what they went through in the past HGW's, I guess they had to try and play it as safe as possible. Anyone got that comic of Acht and his decision-making skills?

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Because it'll be less troublesome for them. Beast with a tamer is easier to observe than an actual human (probably)
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    There's a hill where battle between the army and a crazy cult of poor german migrants took place in my town (which is also very good for gliding). Besides that, I guess there's a lot of abandoned factories, but not much else for battlegrounds

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I live near Central London. Whatever the result of a HGW here, with the mages' association not more than a couple miles away, it'll be entertaining.

I'm fairly sure God Hand was the result of combining the extra lives with the Nemean Lion skin. Otherwise there's no lore reason for him to have invincible flesh.

But in sane form it likely wouldn't be integrated into his skin. I could see him using it as a weapon- just whipping people with a pelt like a kid in the locker room. Or just flattening them, because, y'know, it's a massive invincible lion fur.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    I live near Central London. Whatever the result of a HGW here, with the mages' association not more than a couple miles away, it'll be entertaining.

I'm fairly sure God Hand was the result of combining the extra lives with the Nemean Lion skin. Otherwise there's no lore reason for him to have invincible flesh.

But in sane form it likely wouldn't be integrated into his skin. I could see him using it as a weapon- just whipping people with a pelt like a kid in the locker room. Or just flattening them, because, y'know, it's a massive invincible lion fur.
    From Wiki:

God Hand: Twelve Labors (十二の試練ゴッド・ハンド, Jūni no ShirenGoddo Hando?) is a "hidden ability" possessed by Heracles, a continuously active-type Noble Phantasm that grants him a "body that knows no death."[1][2] It is a blessing of the gods representing immortality, as well as being a curse, that was granted to him for completing his Twelve Labors in life.[3] It is the ability that required attacks of the highest grade to harm him and prevented him from even being scratched by anyone during the Age of Gods, described as "nearly foul play" even by acquaintances at the time.
    If we are to believe this, then God Hand alone is responsible for the above B-rank thing, based on his divinity.

Blog Entries
    Mine would actually work out pretty great if just cause the earthquakes leveled everything. So the assassin class and masters would have a ton of room to hide and the totaled stadium,red zone and cathedrals would make for some pretty cool battlegrounds. Clearly natural disasters in unprepared cities are a good thing
    Last edited by Stevethepi; June 28th, 2018 at 11:06 PM.