Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Would your town make for an interesting location for a Holy Grail War?

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to the Philippines.

That's all I can say.

And yep, my village is too quiet and too secluded to have a Holy Grail War.

Most major thing that happened to our village is a bomb setting off under a car on another street. And I'm asleep when that happened. The only thing I remembered from that one is a pulse wave that I felt and thought of it as another byproduct of one of my weird dreams.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Since i’m currently living and studying in Aachen, whoever summons karl first wins i guess.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

JP Friend Code
    The city i live in has the moniker "City of Heroes". What place could be more appropriate. Lots of empty spaces too if you know where and when to look. Just... do it in the outskirts.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Well, we're definitely gonna get a lot of Hassan vs Cu on top of a vehicle type of fight here.

On the flip side, our nation's myth hero is choked with India export or figures fitting such criterion. So at least we can say goodbye to our city.
    India heroes.... Maybe we can let our servants fight in the sky?
    Most of india heroes can fly right?
    Seeing servants jumping from one car to another would be cool too. But to many witnesses, so it's too risky.
    I think that's why Fuyuki is an ideal place for something like that. Because Fuyuki is not so crowded and also have good leyline
    Last edited by Wandering Swordwoman; April 25th, 2018 at 06:06 AM.
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    NO

GO AWAY

- - - Updated - - -

but I still wanna summon the King of Pop

I'd lose horribly, but I wonder how big of a buff Huadu gives to Hong Xiuquan.

マリーの味方
    As much as any average sized city with insignificant history would make for an interesting Grail War. There's enough land and locales, but it's not the best place if you're hoping to pick up a local catalyst or get a nice fame boost.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    I live in a tiny 30,000 population bedroom community called Walnut, 30 miles east of LA.

No way would it be interesting enough for a Grail War. Maybe if that giant football stadium had been built it might've been interesting.

That or a Grail War is held in neighboring Diamond Bar.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The town I live in was attacked by Drake once, and a local Lancer heroine helped repel the attack, so that's a start I guess.

Its foundational myth also involves Hercules, allegedly being the site where he slew Geryon (one of the twelve Labours).

It was also the starting point of the Milesian army that conquered mythic Ireland, according the Book of Invasions, which involved a bunch of potential heroes, most notably IMO the druid Amergin.

Julius Caesar was here, too.

Last but not least, there's literally a Dead Apostle in a nearby town.

So, uh, actually pretty good location historywise.
    Last edited by aldeayeah; April 27th, 2018 at 04:09 AM.
    don't quote me on this

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    The town I live in was attacked by Drake once, and a local Lancer heroine helped repel the attack, so that's a start I guess.

Its foundational myth also involves Hercules, allegedly being the site where he slew Geryon (one of the twelve Labours).

It was also the starting point of the Milesian army that conquered mythic Ireland, according the Book of Invasions, which involved a bunch of potential heroes, most notably IMO the druid Amergin.

Julius Caesar was here, too.

Last but not least, there's literally a Dead Apostle in a nearby town.

So, uh, actually pretty good location historywise.
    It's Apostle not Dead Apostle....
    Your place is pretty good
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Rebellion13 View Post
    It's Apostle not Dead Apostle....
    Your place is pretty good
    Well he ain’t alive is he

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Let me introduce you to Belfast, a city that bombs itself so often, nobody'd notice a grail war except to say the RA got new uniforms.

Wide open spaces, tall buildings, history going back centuries through war and strife and the industrial revolution leaving us with a bunch of pretty buildings and brick work. A major river leading into the sea.

We've got plenty of culture heroes from across Ireland you could summon, but we're also the capital city of Ulster, so as soon as somebody summons Cu, everybody else is boned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Toronto… well, this is Canada, so no especially famous powerful warriors here.

In terms of the local landscape, it'd be fantastic though. It's busy all the time day and night, with cars on the roads at all hours, but the subways stop running at some point between midnight and 5:00 AM, so the tunnels there would be available. There are plenty of old buildings, we have several buildings with clock towers, including old city hall. Actually, the best place to conduct the Grail War though would be in the PATH which is a labyrinthine series of tunnels that connect nearly all the buildings downtown to one another via their respective concourses. Food courts, retail, small businesses, chain stores, they're all connected to one another by the same jumbled mixed up pathways. All you need is to know which door to open and you can take a maintenance tunnel to the concourse of a bunch of buildings two streets away, and it might be more direct than a path to take you across the street. These pathways were basically just designed as individual underground walkways with retail space by various different architects, there was rarely any coordination, so as people connected their buildings by incidentally constructed paths, they organically transformed the basement levels into a colossal maze, and the best part: a lot of the stores close down fairly early down there, and the lights go out, but the PATH is always open, and very few people use it after the work day is over. Perfect for Grail Wars. Pretty good for Assassin class Servants too.

That said, there's also a river (which we have polluted to a horrifying degree), and the harborfront area, which has places that get closed off to the public after hours.

I probably don't even have to mention the CN Tower and the Sky Dome.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Let me introduce you to Belfast, a city that bombs itself so often, nobody'd notice a grail war except to say the RA got new uniforms.

Wide open spaces, tall buildings, history going back centuries through war and strife and the industrial revolution leaving us with a bunch of pretty buildings and brick work. A major river leading into the sea.

We've got plenty of culture heroes from across Ireland you could summon, but we're also the capital city of Ulster, so as soon as somebody summons Cu, everybody else is boned.
    Same thing will happen if someone used Herc in Europe (and not berserker). It was said Heracles can get massive boost in Europe wherever it is (he's that famous right?)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    Toronto… well, this is Canada, so no especially famous powerful warriors here.

In terms of the local landscape, it'd be fantastic though. It's busy all the time day and night, with cars on the roads at all hours, but the subways stop running at some point between midnight and 5:00 AM, so the tunnels there would be available. There are plenty of old buildings, we have several buildings with clock towers, including old city hall. Actually, the best place to conduct the Grail War though would be in the PATH which is a labyrinthine series of tunnels that connect nearly all the buildings downtown to one another via their respective concourses. Food courts, retail, small businesses, chain stores, they're all connected to one another by the same jumbled mixed up pathways. All you need is to know which door to open and you can take a maintenance tunnel to the concourse of a bunch of buildings two streets away, and it might be more direct than a path to take you across the street. These pathways were basically just designed as individual underground walkways with retail space by various different architects, there was rarely any coordination, so as people connected their buildings by incidentally constructed paths, they organically transformed the basement levels into a colossal maze, and the best part: a lot of the stores close down fairly early down there, and the lights go out, but the PATH is always open, and very few people use it after the work day is over. Perfect for Grail Wars. Pretty good for Assassin class Servants too.

That said, there's also a river (which we have polluted to a horrifying degree), and the harborfront area, which has places that get closed off to the public after hours.

I probably don't even have to mention the CN Tower and the Sky Dome.
    Probably people will just summon random servants anyway. Most artifacts are hard to get and super expensive
    Last edited by Wandering Swordwoman; April 28th, 2018 at 05:57 AM.
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Blog Entries
    I was about to start wondering if living in the outskirts of Tokyo counts as Tokyo, but then I remembered Fragments.
    Yes, Holy Grail Wars happen here.
    FGO Supports (Last Update: 2019-08 Anniversary)

Quotes

<dyingcomputer> canaki <dyingcomputer> is the embodiment of notes

Quote Originally Posted by canaki View Post
    I stick to my opinion of Shinjuku = Higashide, Agartha = Minase, Shimousa = Sakurai, Salem = Meteo

(Since I'm repeating this a lot)

US Friend Code
    A big part of Duisburg kinda resembles Fuyuki. The Rhine divides Duisburg into Rheinhausen and Hochfeld. Rheinhausen is a residential district and Hochfeld is more or less a shopping district. The 'Bridge of Solidarity' connects both parts and just looks like the Fuyuki bridge. Fuyuki resembles Duisburg extremely. Illya even sings the song of the Lorelei, which is a folklore about the Rhine. Imo the beautiful Lore Lay would also make a good servant.

So yea, I really could imagine a Holy Grail War here...

Would look good but also suck. I guess Diocletian was one of the warrior emperors so maybe a version of him from his younger days?

Doing it in a city is inherently idiotic though. Wooded areas or creepy ghost villages or abandonded industrial complexes is much more interesting.

Blog Entries
    Holy Grail Wars are inherently uninteresting, so I'm gonna have to say no OP.
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    So you'd summon Scheherazade then, I see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3