Thread: Help with xp3 file repacking

Fukasawa's fellow worshipper xClamintus's Avatar

Help with xp3 file repacking

Hi,
    Some days ago I got interested in changing text and BGMs in the Réalta Nua VN (patched), so I used KrkrExtract to extract the content of the allpatch_vita_ost.xp3 encrypted archive. I replaced the BGMs correctly, also edited the file associated with the songs (.sli if I remember correctly) for a good looping. The problem went when I was repacking the archive: when I choose the output path of the xp3 file, the tool lags and then crashes along with the game (it needs to be opened in order to use the tool). I also tried:
    • Insani's xp3 tools, but they are too obsolete and don't work (maybe only worked with the original edition of the game?)
    • the official Kirikiri tools with the Bluefire101 patch
    • ExtractData but it only extracts from xp3 archives (and in addition it can't extract files with Japanese filenames...)

What should I try and what software do you use for xp3 repacking? Thanks and sorry for the bad english
    Last edited by xClamintus; May 16th, 2018 at 11:32 AM. Reason: My memory will never tell the truth...

Sleeping in the Akasha... Riku Noctis's Avatar
    The official Kirikiri tools should do it (no idea what is that Bluefire101 patch as I use the original ones). You don't need the game running for them and they should unpack and repacl anything with and without .sgi files and/or .exe files.

I've used that for Realta Nua, be it the origina one for PS2 (after the initial unpack from the PS2 disc), the PC ones, the vita ones (though this version is somewhat easier and you don't really need kirikiri).

I don't think your repack somehow crashes the process, but I could be wrong and maybe something on your files is the cause of it (but I find this highly unlikely).

Kingdom Hearts III: The End of Evangelion
    The Movie

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Angel View Post
    "Time to start learning Japanese."
    Five timeless words. ;.;

I see. Could you please link me the tools' download? Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by xClamintus View Post
    I see. Could you please link me the tools' download? Thanks in advance
    The original version found on kikyou.info, which has been down since like a year ago.

The Kirikiri Z version, modified by someone on the net; should work the same AFAIK.

I'm pretty sure there are other tools, like XP3 Tools, that could let you unpack/repack without much problem, but these versions should work.
    Also, have you tried just leaving the folder with the correct name like that? As long as the game itself doesn't require it, the "pack" doesn't really need to be an .xp3 file; I remember testing things like that sometimes before, though I admit it has been years since I touched KAG, the last time being mahoyo.

The Movie

Five timeless words. ;.;

Thank you very much, I'll try them later.

I'm pretty sure there are other tools, like XP3 Tools, that could let you unpack/repack without much problem
    Do you mean insani's full xp3 set? They're outdated (2006) and I verified that they don't work with Réalta Nua/KAG3 2010...

Also, have you tried just leaving the folder with the correct name like that?
    So placing the folder itself instead of the packed archive? Oh, really? I didn't know it was supposed to work so

Thank you very much, I'll try them later.

Do you mean insani's full xp3 set? They're outdated (2006) and I verified that they don't work with Réalta Nua/KAG3 2010...

So placing the folder itself instead of the packed archive? Oh, really? I didn't know it was supposed to work so
    You're welcome.

Nope. There are other tools called XP3 Tools, which let you unpack/repack .xp3 files without needing anything else. I can't find/remember the URL where it was hosted and, while I do have a backup of it back home, well, I'd need to go home first to get it. XD

It should work like that. I remember testing things without making the .xp3 file, though this may be different with the latest versions, like the Vita ones. Doesn't hurt to try.

The Movie

Five timeless words. ;.;

Quote Originally Posted by Riku Noctis View Post
    The original version found on kikyou.info, which has been down since like a year ago.

The Kirikiri Z version, modified by someone on the net; should work the same AFAIK.
    Thanks but... how can I use them? I tried downloading the Kirikiri Z and some errors popped out when I selected a folder; I would've read the readme but it's kind of corrupted (or maybe badly encoded?)
    Also, sorry for the inactivity...

Blog Entries
    I suggest using: https://tlwiki.org/index.php?title=File:Kikiriki.rar
    Just make sure you place it and run it from inside the game's folder.

Thanks but... how can I use them? I tried downloading the Kirikiri Z and some errors popped out when I selected a folder; I would've read the readme but it's kind of corrupted (or maybe badly encoded?)
    Also, sorry for the inactivity...
    Put the .exe in the game folder and/or open your .xp3 files directly with them.

The command line should be easy to use:
    -c create: for making a package
    -i: for source directory
    -o: for target directory

The Kirikiri Z has a simplified GUI, and should even let you open the packages on the fly almost like a .zip from what I can remember.

The Movie

Five timeless words. ;.;

Quote Originally Posted by Riku Noctis View Post
    Put the .exe in the game folder and/or open your .xp3 files directly with them.

The command line should be easy to use:
    -c create: for making a package
    -i: for source directory
    -o: for target directory

The Kirikiri Z has a simplified GUI, and should even let you open the packages on the fly almost like a .zip from what I can remember.
    Well then, I tried doing these things:
    - I deleted the xp3 and renamed the folder which contains my modified BGMs "allpatch_vita_ost" and "allpatch_vita_ost.xp3": it doesn't work in both cases and the game plays just like if the BGM patch wasn't there;
    - extracted the content of krkrz_20171225r2.7z in faterealtanua_savedata, tried to open a .xp3 file with tvpwin64.exe and it returned this error;
    - then I opened cmd, did
    Code:
    cd  C:\Users\user\Documents\faterealtanua_savedata
    and then
    Code:
    tvpwin64.exe -i allpatch_op.xp3 -o patchop
    (just to try to unpack something; I have 64-bit PC), but the folder wasn't created and it showed me this;
    - I even tried to repack the files that I have extracted from allpatch_vita_ost.xp3 with KrkrExtract, so after changing working directory with cmd I executed
    Code:
    tvpwin64.exe -c create -i  allpatch_vita_ost -o newbgm.xp3
    (allpatch_vita_ost is the folder that contains what I've extracted) but... it says the same error. w a t

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    I suggest using: https://tlwiki.org/index.php?title=File:Kikiriki.rar
    Just make sure you place it and run it from inside the game's folder.
    Thanks for answering me!
    I extracted the two files in faterealtanua_savedata and followed the instructions on the page. I had no problems extracting the Vita OST xp3 archive, but when I tried to repack the folder, the program failed to read the last file, that one with Japanese filename. It creates the xp3, but it's kinda corrupted. In fact, when I try to open the game, it just crashes. Even if I think it's unnecessary, I pasted the full "report" here.
    I would be grateful if someone knows how can I avoid this.

Blog Entries
    Ah yes, you gotta run it in Japanese locale for Japanese file names to work. 2 options:
    1) Change your locale to Japanese.
    2) Use Locale Emulator to run this specific program (kikiriki) in Japanese locale.

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    Ah yes, you gotta run it in Japanese locale for Japanese file names to work. 2 options:
    1) Change your locale to Japanese.
    2) Use Locale Emulator to run this specific program (kikiriki) in Japanese locale.
    Thank you very much! Now it works :DD