Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2567891217 ... LastLast

Thread: Girls' Frontline

Type-97 is almost exactly the same as her sister. She trades 1 fp for 1 more rof, which might not seem like a whole lot, but that 1 point of firerate actually lets her start firing a bit earlier, and the 1 point missing in firepower doesn't actually do any real difference. They have the same initial cooldown on skills (2 seconds) and the same skill uptime (15/16s), but instead of a 50% FP boost, 97 has a 50% rof boost. So instead of taking her already good FP and putting it even higher while staying at a really pretty bad rof, she instead boosts the latter up to 108 rof, which is very good. This means that in all cases, on average, 97 will pull ahead of her sister in terms of dps.
    The thing you'll want to consider when choosing what one to use, however, is the fact that 108 rof is actually very close to the cap for ARs (the in-game menu says 120 rof is the cap, but ARs cap out at 116 rof), which leaves very little room to utilize any other rof buffs from your team. This means that if you're already stacking rof buffs on your team, 95 is gonna get a lot more value out of those along with her FP skill, whereas if you're stacking a lot of FP buffs 97 is gonna get more value out of those.
    But in the end they both perform so very similarly and it's a waifu game so unless you're super min-maxing it won't really matter who you go for (but they do share a timer and all so you prob won't have much say in it either way).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    the grind is finally moving along, slowly but surely. Almost at 100 build tickets too (but not even close for resources if I want to build the dolls I need)
    I hope I have enough cores to link AR team when they hit 70.

In other thoughts, I guess I'll try GF JP when it comes out because the text is likely to be better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strife ❤️ View Post
    Spoiler:
    I may or may not have bought a guitar case at one point for reasons related or unrelated

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    The real question is, do you fit in the dress?
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Taste the Rainbow
    I can't believe I'm doing this, surely I already play enough mobages
    So I started this a few days ago and have a bunch of questions
    1) Should I be saving my equipment/doll contracts? What should I be trying to craft?
    2) All the random 2*s you get - use for enhancement, or disassemble/retire?
    3) PPK has a pretty good formation buff (I think?) but it's a bit awkward to use - don't really want her to be tanking, or to have a lone tank in front of her?
    4) What logistic missions should I be aiming to run, or does it not really matter?
    5) 6k power for the 2energy training map seems a bit steep, do I really need that much to beat it? similarly, is it better to barely clear the 1energy data map or try the 2 energy one and not manage to kill it?
    6) How do you use battle reports? it seems like I can gift them to a few dolls in the dorm, but...can I not gift them to others?

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Craft as much as you need for your dailies. If you're lacking one of the classes, look for recipes for that class.
    Definitely enhancement. You get less than 10 resources per disassemble, it's definitely not worth it to disassemble for anything other than cores.
    Handguns in general aren't amazing tanks. Have an evasive or tanky SMG take the main tank position if you can.
    Logistics, you go for whatever resource you're lacking.
    The second training missions are more than double the difficulty of the previous ones. Make sure you're able to clear 6k maps before you use up that very limited energy on a 6k mission you'll probably fail. If you're only barely able to clear the first mission, you're definitely not ready for the second, but remember, you can always get a look at the battlefield before you send in your echelons.
    The units in your first and second dorms are the units in your first and second echelons. Reorganise your echelons to get others in your dorms.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by Skittles View Post
    1) Should I be saving my equipment/doll contracts? What should I be trying to craft?
    In general it is better to be conservative with contracts, because of events and rate-ups. For this, you craft 4 times in each category for dailies (which will reimburse you if you do all of them). At the start it's ok to spend your contracts though, as better guns are gonna make the initial leveling process faster, even if you can beat it with 2* only.
    For starters, don't care about equipment crafting other than dailies. For guns, go for 430/430/430/230, as it taps into RF, AR, and SMG pools.
    Generally later on, your teams are gonna consist of either 3AR 2SMG or 2RF 3HG, but when starting out a good initial team is 2AR 1RF 2SMG, since the RF can take care of a lot of things you wouldn't expect otherwise (assuming you get a decent RF). A normal AR team works just as well though, and a normal RF team can work, although it might require a little more investment early on (depending on who you get). Also keep in mind that even if you craft a bunch of 5* dolls, it's not necessarily recommended to just use all of them at once, since you're gonna be starving for cores really quickly.

And lastly, you sort of get a good AR team foundation for free via the story. M4A1 (one of the only two ARs who buff other ARs) drops at 2-6, M4 Sopmod II (grenade AR) drops at 3-3, and ST AR-15 (one of two ARs able to equip two accessories) drops at 3-6. There's another one, but she's irrelevant until late-game more or less. These 3 are all really good though, and if you support cheese your way to 3-6 they would give you a big starting advantage. Out of these, sopmod would be the first to be replaced after that, since she's a bit behind the others. Please don't scrap these 3 though, you can't get them again.

2) All the random 2*s you get - use for enhancement, or disassemble/retire?
    Enhancement. You get almost nothing from disassembling them, and enhancing with dolls is more efficient than pills since it doesn't require you to run capsule sim (which is trash).

3) PPK has a pretty good formation buff (I think?) but it's a bit awkward to use - don't really want her to be tanking, or to have a lone tank in front of her?
    PPK is one of the best HGs because of her buffs, yeah. Until mid-late game HGs aren't very good at tanking though, as you might've found out. Formation buffs are applied at the start of a battle though, meaning that if you start off with PPK in the center position, and switch her with a proper tank once the battle starts, everyone on the backrow will still have her tile buffs.

4) What logistic missions should I be aiming to run, or does it not really matter?
    Depending on how much you grind, you're mostly gonna want to run ammo logistics. Try to unlock chapter 0 and chapter 5 logistics asap, as they're some of the best atm. If you're actively playing a lot you also want to mostly run the ones on shorter timers.

Best logistics for each resource (in terms of resource/hour):
    Manpower: 5-3, 0-2, 2-1, 3-1
    Ammo: 5-2, 3-3, 4-1, 0-1
    MRE: 3-1, 5-1, 6-2, 0-1
    Parts: 0-2, 4-2, 5-4, 6-3

5) 6k power for the 2energy training map seems a bit steep, do I really need that much to beat it? similarly, is it better to barely clear the 1energy data map or try the 2 energy one and not manage to kill it?
    You absolutely need around 6k to beat it. My main team is around 19k now (since I'm leveling vector at the same time), which is 3k above tier 3 sim, but if I just let them sit there during battles they're gonna drop pretty quickly still.
    You also don't want to run an xp sim if you can't beat it. For example (and I'm trying to remember exact numbers off the top of my head now), tier 1 gives 20k xp on completion, for 1 energy. Tier 2, if you only kill 5/6 enemies, gives 33k xp, for 2 energy. Obviosuly, it would've given more to just run tier 1 two times.

6) How do you use battle reports? it seems like I can gift them to a few dolls in the dorm, but...can I not gift them to others?
    Your first echelon ends up in your first dorm, second echelon in your second dorm, and so on (but you probably only have 2 atm), so put whatever doll you want to gift them to into one of those first.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.

Taste the Rainbow
    Cool, thanks.
    Are MGs worth using without SGs? The 3* one from the event, M2HB I think, has been doing pretty well, but doesn't buff the rest of the team
    What should I prepare for night battles? I've got some nightvision equipment, do I just load up a formation with as many dolls with nightvision as I can?
    Last edited by Skittles; May 28th, 2018 at 07:00 PM.

Blog Entries
    Basic night guide is here: http://dmesse.egloos.com/3575440

MGs aren't bad without SG but they're giant ammo hogs and God knows I feel pretty cramped on ammo, so consider holding back. They work ok at night because they can equip AP, and they work good for the skill training daily because, weirdly enough, MGs in this game are burst weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Yeah, proper MG teams don't really see much use until much later in the game (especially now that SGs aren't even in the game), and for night missions you might use one, but they're far from required for it, so the only really good thing for them early on is data sims. In general though, limit your usage of them, as you're gonna find yourself short on ammo even without them.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    G36c is my TYPE
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

JP Friend Code
    Accidentally got the new 5 star slutty bunny. Unless she's got a specific use, I'll probably eventually just turn her into cores.

Really enjoy bringing Sesto's fancy red dress Skorpion, her WIN dance is extra cute (too bad its money only). Holy crap, that's a lot of ringed gun waifus.

Might as well do write-ups on the other 3 as well, I guess.

M99: A slightly worse version of NTW-20. They're almost entirely identical, and fill the exact same niche of high HP mega nuke burst damage. Put these two together in a team and after 10 seconds any boss is more than dead. Doesn't actually have any use outside of this though, so not recommended to really level until much later on in the game.

G36C: A slight variant of Thompson. Her tiles are better than Thompson's, and she has slightly lower hp in exchange for a bit more evasion, meaning she has more effective HP in battles that don't only require raw HP. In the end, though, she's still a shield tank, which are generally not that useful outside of specific cases, so she's not worth maxing as your main tank (also, there's no point in leveling more than one shield tank, so if you already have thompson, then G36C is sort of unnecessary).

SR-3MP: Probably the most interesting out of the new guns. She's an SMG with high fire rate, and pretty good FP (for an SMG), but what makes her special is her skill, which boosts her FP by 260%, putting her at 111 FP without any other buffs. Needless to say, 111 FP firing at 90 rof is pretty damn good. The downside here, however, is that she has absolutely atrocious accuracy at 12. That's lower than a lot of MGs. This means that in order to really make her work properly, you're gonna need a lot of external buffs in the form of mars scopes and accuracy buffing guns, otherwise she's not gonna hit anything. On top of all this, her tiles are also good, although her evasion is sort of lacking so if it wasn't clear already, you don't want her as your main tank. All in all, though, if you have the stuff to make her work, then she's a really strong unit and will probably outshine any other off-tank DPS.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

Taste the Rainbow
    For enhancement, I've been throwing 2* dolls at them until they cap 1-2 stats, and not using any pills. Should I just enhance until they cap all their stats for their current level? it feels like I'm "wasting" growth, but maybe that isn't an actual issue?
    started levelling the story ARs and vector+WA2000 and oh my god where did all my cores go

Yeah, just throw 2* fodder at them until you cap all the stats. In actuality, every gun type has a hidden value associated with it for increasing the stat, but the truth is that you get so many drops, and eventually your leveling is gonna slow down to the point where not having enough fodder is a distant memory.

As for pills, it's kinda up to you when to use them, but I guess the most efficient use is if you mega-boost someone's level, then they're better, since any capped stat goes to the other stats, and past a certain amount of pills the effect doubles or triples. Other than that, not that useful though, especially not since capsule sim is absolute trash so you probably never want to run it anyway.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle SynMirage's Avatar
    Managed to only snag G36C after crafting about 52 times. Not gonna try anymore than that, and will just go back to daily 4x crafting.

Taste the Rainbow
    how high is the rateup% for these events
    ...and what do I do with this kar98k

Either burn her for cores or save her because she's a 5* and you might never be lucky enough to craft her again and just maybe she'll get an amazing buff in the future (unlikely)
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

I mean if she hasn't gotten a buff in 2 years in China I doubt she'll ever get one in a timely matter in EN
    Code:
    [07:55:59] <Spinach> Take off your clothes Kirby
    [07:56:07] <Kirby> I'm in class

[20:37:34] <Lian|phone> there is a such thing as lingerie for guys?
    [20:37:54] <Kyokushi> yea
    [20:37:57] <Kyokushi> they're called jockstraps
    [20:38:02] <Lian|phone> :o
    [20:38:07] * Lian|phone googles
    [20:38:10] <Kyokushi> NO
    [20:38:11] <Kyokushi> DON'T
    [20:40:07] <Lian|phone> okay
    [20:40:16] <Lian|phone> I don't think I should have googled that

[12:59:30]  <Spinach> call me onii-chan, bitch
    [13:00:12]  <kroyo> imma fuck ur shit up onii-fam

Taste the Rainbow
    So I tried night 1-3 and managed to barely make it with the help of a friend support
    I want to unlock equipment enhancing, but 1-4 seems a bit beyond me right now, what sort of team and strategy do you need to clear it? the map seems too big for friend support to be of much use, and I've only got one RF and one MG
    For the level up sims, is the exp split evenly between everyone deployed, or does everyone get the same amount regardless of how many units you bring? i.e do you 'waste' exp if you dont deploy in every slot?