Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 36789101318 ... LastLast

Thread: Girls' Frontline

マリーの味方
    Split evenly

It's been a while since I did 1-4N but I don't remember it being too difficult. What level are your guns? I just used my main echelon with a bunch of night stuff on (+low level HG) and an echelon with two rifles, one being underleveled.

Taste the Rainbow
    one team of 40-50, rest 30-40
    I didn't actually try the fight, I just shat my pants at the 7k+ boss and left since 1-3 was hard enough
    also, I take it those armored units the ones for the weekly quests? what's the best way to complete that quest?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    No excuse to censor things more than China: https://www.sankakucomplex.com/2018/...ust-ceaseless/ Uh, mind the Sankaku ads.

Quote Originally Posted by Skittles View Post
    one team of 40-50, rest 30-40
    I didn't actually try the fight, I just shat my pants at the 7k+ boss and left since 1-3 was hard enough
    also, I take it those armored units the ones for the weekly quests? what's the best way to complete that quest?
    At the time I more or less support cheesed 1-4N. You need to get a little lucky with enemy routing, but it shouldn't really be a problem. You want to have the support move upwards, so that it will hopefully intercept the manticore (and the like 4 other units that move around up there), while you can go the downwards path and clear up those enemies there. Again, enemy routing is a little dependent on RNG, so you might want to spend a turn deploying a single HG squad (if you don't have a second useful squad) just for the extra AP the next turns, so that you can more easily catch the ones who like to run the opposite direction of the support.
    The only thing that's a little shitty about support cheesing is that if you get robbed of a win by bad enemy movement, you also lose out on using that support again for a few hours, so if you want to try again you'll need a decent list of supports. Most people here should be good enough for 1-4N though. My ID is 41238 (unless I already have you, no idea at this point tbh).

As for the quests, just pick any night map you can consistently complete so that you don't waste resources on withdrawing. The kills rack up pretty quickly regardless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So I just started this like yesterday, I've been mostly spending every T-Doll contract I get while having while also having Echelons constantly doing the four Chapter 1 Logistic missions when I'm not playing.

I'm level 10, at 2-2 in the story campaign, my guns are SR-3MP, 416, 9A-91, M1918 and a bunch of low rarity ones, most of them are around level 7~9.

Is there anything I should focus on or do differently? It seems the current event gives a 5* girl but there doesn't seem to be any way for me to really farm these points aside from just playing regularly.

Blog Entries
    That sounds about right? You should be set if you keep construction going until you have a good stable of 3 and 4s; 416 is a solid core but too expensive to go all-in on leveling early. Friend cheese your way up the story until about 3 or 5 to get better logistics missions and then you can get to full on leveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Good to know, thanks.

And in that note, here's my ID if anyone wants to add me, seems like the game doesnt have a system to add random people as friends so I'm in desperate need right now.

Blog Entries
    like friend IDs being perfectly sequential so we see how well the game is doing
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Taste the Rainbow
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Good to know, thanks.

And in that note, here's my ID if anyone wants to add me, seems like the game doesnt have a system to add random people as friends so I'm in desperate need right now.
    it does though, in the tab above the one youre on

my ID's 99397 lol
    so close to 99399 which wouldve looked great

Bleh, got a thompson
    how is she as compared to, say, skorpion/vector (and in general)? I'm pretty broke on cores but my B team is using MP40 lol
    oh my god she's voiced by Mashu(true)
    Last edited by Skittles; May 30th, 2018 at 09:21 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    it does though, in the tab above the one youre on
    Yeah, sorry about that, I saw it the moment after posting.

Good to know, thanks.

Added you. Also, you might want to just read the previous posts in this thread, since most basics have been explained already.

Bleh, got a thompson
    how is she as compared to, say, skorpion/vector (and in general)? I'm pretty broke on cores but my B team is using MP40 lol
    oh my god she's voiced by Mashu(true)
    It depends on the situation actually, but for general use early-mid game thompson (and any shield tank) are worse than a straight up evasion tank. The reason for this is that their stats are generally not geared for them to dodge a lot of stuff when their shield isn't up, and so they have to rely on raw hp to tank all of that (luckily thompson has the highest hp of any smg). The shield also has a pretty long cooldown, and only lasts about 4 seconds. So obviously, that's quite a bit of time where you're just face tanking, and most early battles are gonna be over far before 12 seconds pass. Basically shield tanks have special uses against specific enemies, and thompson has her own specific use cases (high accuracy enemies where raw hp is important). Recommended to level one shield tank, but no more than that because you're never gonna need more than one.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, did canon already give up on this?
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.

Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    Added you. Also, you might want to just read the previous posts in this thread, since most basics have been explained already.

It depends on the situation actually, but for general use early-mid game thompson (and any shield tank) are worse than a straight up evasion tank. The reason for this is that their stats are generally not geared for them to dodge a lot of stuff when their shield isn't up, and so they have to rely on raw hp to tank all of that (luckily thompson has the highest hp of any smg). The shield also has a pretty long cooldown, and only lasts about 4 seconds. So obviously, that's quite a bit of time where you're just face tanking, and most early battles are gonna be over far before 12 seconds pass. Basically shield tanks have special uses against specific enemies, and thompson has her own specific use cases (high accuracy enemies where raw hp is important). Recommended to level one shield tank, but no more than that because you're never gonna need more than one.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, did canon already give up on this?
    Just got Thompson, so that's good to know. And is WA2000 any good?

best rifle in the game
    Code:
    [07:55:59] <Spinach> Take off your clothes Kirby
    [07:56:07] <Kirby> I'm in class

[20:37:34] <Lian|phone> there is a such thing as lingerie for guys?
    [20:37:54] <Kyokushi> yea
    [20:37:57] <Kyokushi> they're called jockstraps
    [20:38:02] <Lian|phone> :o
    [20:38:07] * Lian|phone googles
    [20:38:10] <Kyokushi> NO
    [20:38:11] <Kyokushi> DON'T
    [20:40:07] <Lian|phone> okay
    [20:40:16] <Lian|phone> I don't think I should have googled that

[12:59:30]  <Spinach> call me onii-chan, bitch
    [13:00:12]  <kroyo> imma fuck ur shit up onii-fam

I see...

Time to level her up then.

Taste the Rainbow
    I use WA even though no-one buffs her and she buffs no-one because she's great and I don't really wanna use sopmod
    Heavily damaged dolls cost significantly more to repair (both time and resources)- is it more efficient, then, to repair after every fight? or is the extra cost only incurred if their HP drops to 0? not sure how frequently I should be repairing when I grind

edit: what would you say is the minimum to clear N2-4? barely made it past 1-4 with some help from a support
    Last edited by Skittles; May 31st, 2018 at 06:42 AM.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I think it's more efficient to repair after every battle, because when one of my x4 units loses a unit, they seem to go from a ~10 minute repair to 20+.

- - - Updated - - -

What are some SMGs to add to a Night team? I'm not sure hwo to set this up, other than maybe add a single one with "DODGE EVERYTHING" stats.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

I'll delete some inactives/randoms when I get home and add some more people

JP Friend Code
    Just dove head on to the 1st Night Mission half blind & used no supports...eventually got wrecked & pulled out from a mission for the 1st time.

Yay, free 1st loss prizes...uh, I mean "oh my...I lost...oh no"

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I repeat, there is an achieve for losing 100,000 times.

how is that even a thing
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

I'm level 10, at 2-2 in the story campaign, my guns are SR-3MP, 416, 9A-91, M1918 and a bunch of low rarity ones, most of them are around level 7~9.

Is there anything I should focus on or do differently? It seems the current event gives a 5* girl but there doesn't seem to be any way for me to really farm these points aside from just playing regularly.
    Only thing about your team is that you should bench M19 for now. It takes an insane amount of resources to keep MGs up, to the point where they're only used in very specific cases (burst damage in general, data sim). You should preferably replace her with another AR, and replace PP-2000 with an SMG who's actually able to tank (Sten and Skorp are given out for free relatively early, iirc). That's assuming your support squad is the same as your general use one.

As for the event, yeah it's mostly just about playing normally. You only need 1800pts to get 5-7, so you don't really need the "craft x 5*" or "consume x tokens" ones. You might need equipment calibration though, depending on what else you're able to do (unlocks at 2-4N). Since you started later, you'll lose out on some points from login, since it ends in less than a week, so once the week 3 missions unlock make sure to check what's possible for you to accomplish and if it's enough for 1800pts, definitely push to get it, because 5-7 is really good.

Heavily damaged dolls cost significantly more to repair (both time and resources)- is it more efficient, then, to repair after every fight? or is the extra cost only incurred if their HP drops to 0? not sure how frequently I should be repairing when I grind

edit: what would you say is the minimum to clear N2-4? barely made it past 1-4 with some help from a support
    I personally almost only repair using tickets (depending on what logistics you run you'll be swimming in these), so time isn't really a factor for me (nor do I really bother with the cost of repairs). So I don't really know what the most efficient time to repair is, but what I do is as a rule of thumb, repair near 50% hp. Depending on what map I'm currently running that'll change though. For example, if I'm at 50% hp and am just running something like 0-2 for xp, I wouldn't repair for one more run. But if I was at 50% and was gonna run 3-4N and have to tank the manticore + sniper squad, I'd repair beforehand since I know those take more than 50% of my hp in one fight.

As for 2-4N, 8-9k should be enough. I feel like night missions come down more to your setup and gear (and somewhat map movement) than pure ce, although you of course need the damage to not die. If you can clear the smaller squads on your own (unarmored if you're running AR, armored if you're RF) enough so that you can survive while you let the support take out the harder ones, it should be fine. Just try a few times, and if you don't survive then come back later.

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    What are some SMGs to add to a Night team? I'm not sure hwo to set this up, other than maybe add a single one with "DODGE EVERYTHING" stats.
    Your main tank should still be someone who's fit to be a main tank, so at this point in the game that's more or less anyone with high evasion (shield tanks are ehhh). Your offtank depends on the rest of your setup, but for the most part for night you're well off using a decent grenade SMG (because grenades go through armor and hit large areas). So like, Vector, Skorp, PPS-43, Sten, etc. Not really recommended to use 2* or Uzi or Z-62, since they're bad (for 2* it's the fact that grenades scale with FP, and they have inherently lower FP). Vector and Skorp have molotovs, which does a big chunk of initial damage, and then applies a DoT (ticks every 0.33 seconds for the duration).
    In order of most damage, it's the same as the order I listed, but you have to take into account of course that vector is a 5* and so you might not have her, and the length of the battle matters, since skorp's initial damage is lower than PPS' (144 v 198), so if the battle doesn't last long enough for the dot to really do its part you're better off with PPS.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no