Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4146495051
Results 1,001 to 1,013 of 1013

Thread: Girls' Frontline

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    Girls Frontline Line is really just an actual videogame (and sseth degree jank at that) masquerading as a gacha in order to trick the lowest common denominator into playing it, and tell a good story to those kinds of people against their own will. The first six chapters are basically the tutorial, when the game takes its kid gloves off, around Deep Dive/Singularity, is also when the story becomes really good.

For reference of what kind of gacha it is, I'm f2p, and out of 360 dolls, these are the ones I am missing:
    Spoiler:
    STUPID USELESS BUNNY REEEEEEEEE

Neural Cloud is, unfortunately not that way, but it's also nowhere near as well written, so there is no real reason to play it.

I mean, I know.

I was here before. I will be here again. (possibly)
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    So the first major event in gfl2 got completely rewritten because of the chinese players seething about Type95 talking to another man.

What a powerful message. I'm sure Dullahan could have a field day with this post.

Blog Entries
    Did they announce global beyond 2024 yet?

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    No but I'm not really that interested in gfl2 until it's obvious the writing is on par.

Speaking of which, Slowshock made me angry like I always get angry when I read gfl main story. Angry about how much slop writing we're willing to put up with (this includes majority of FGO), when the medium can be used this much better.

- - - Updated - - -

The craziest thing is that Slowshock also feels so much shorter than the previous events. There's 30 nodes of exposition which are really just an evangelion-esque study of one character, 30 nodes of action, and 15 more nodes of exposition, and everything that actually happens in the story happens in the middle. This is kind of insane, since three different previous open event plotlines all meet, are resolved, and are concluded in this one all at once.
    It's like the writer looked at Longitudinal Strain's pacing, where they wrote the backstories of all the newly introduced characters, and found that dropping them in the middle of the story ruins the pacing, so LS just has 30 nodes of reading after the final boss which no longer affects the plot, only occassionally recontextualizes this. A regular writer would say 'hmm I should probably try to integrate these scenes more naturally' and end up with a 40-chapter monstrosity. This guy instead focused on condensing the narrative more tightly so that there is as little redundancy as possible, and the exposition is deliberately placed on the side. The first time he did it out of necessity as what seems like a last-minute change, but this time he wrote it that way on purpose. Nasu could learn a lot from that.

- - - Updated - - -

With this, gfl EN is also caught up with the global!

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    So the first major event in gfl2 got completely rewritten because of the chinese players seething about Type95 talking to another man.

What a powerful message. I'm sure Dullahan could have a field day with this post.
    It's not always China, but somehow it's always China...

- - - Updated - - -

Should I bother reinstalling GFL for the 3rd? 4th? 5th? time only to burn out within a month or just wait for 2, hmmm.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Don't bother if you haven't read Mirror Stage/Fixed Point, Eclipses&Saros and Longitudinal Strain. Slowshock kind of requires all of them to make any kind of sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, maybe you can skip LS, since Erma/Maggie/Lyudmila don't have that much of an impact.

"They're all excellent kids after all." Sky Master's Avatar
    I mean, if the only thing you're interested in is the story, you can just use the community-made cutscene viewer. Archives limited side content like collab campaigns, MOD3 upgrades, and costume stories too.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Ah right, there's that. It says on there that Slowshock isn't quite done, but it seems fine? The afterstory bits might be a bit confusing with the current formatting, but then they're also a bit confusing in-game.

Bruh, I never even managed to finish Deep Dive and I was around when it first came out on EN (fucking bomb enemies murdered me back then). I'm fine reading the manga, tbqh. Cutscene viewer sounds nice but idk if I have the patience for it.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

So, after having it wishlisted for about half a decade now Reverse Collapse: Codename Bakery just came out today with no announcement, fanfare or even a notification on Steam (for some reason). And apparently is currently being reviewbombed by China due to something or other to do with GF2 (either because they "treat western fanbase better"(?!?) or something to do with cucks again, I can't tell. Exciting times.
    Game itself is 25 geese (on sale for 20 now) though so I'm probably not getting it.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

"They're all excellent kids after all." Sky Master's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    So, after having it wishlisted for about half a decade now Reverse Collapse: Codename Bakery just came out today with no announcement, fanfare or even a notification on Steam.
    Kind of curious where you're expecting to see news of it. Steam page has reflected it's release date for the last month, and the GFL Twitter account and Discord channel have been discussing the release announcement since mid-February. We've also been aware of the Chinese review bombing for the last month as well. They've been spamming the Steam Community page for weeks now with ideas of how to brute force a failed western release.

Unfortunate that you think $20 is too steep an asking price, but I'm pretty biased on the matter as someone who's been following the game since the release of the demo last summer. Deluxe edition was probably the easiest buy for me this year aside from Helldivers 2 and Persona 3 Remake. Been a blast so far. It's basically Advance Wars: Love and Hope Edition.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    I've been retweeting it...

But I don't actually have the little money it costs to spare. Even if it's just a passion project. I'll play it in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Master View Post
    Kind of curious where you're expecting to see news of it. Steam page has reflected it's release date for the last month, and the GFL Twitter account and Discord channel have been discussing the release announcement since mid-February. We've also been aware of the Chinese review bombing for the last month as well. They've been spamming the Steam Community page for weeks now with ideas of how to brute force a failed western release.

Unfortunate that you think $20 is too steep an asking price, but I'm pretty biased on the matter as someone who's been following the game since the release of the demo last summer. Deluxe edition was probably the easiest buy for me this year aside from Helldivers 2 and Persona 3 Remake. Been a blast so far. It's basically Advance Wars: Love and Hope Edition.
    ...There was a demo?

IDK, I'm following the main game's sub on reddit as well as a couple other places where it's generally discussed (like here) and there wasn't a single peep about it. Steam didn't notify me about the release either, only the concurrent sale, which in itself is unusual.

I did end up picking up the game since I resolved to wait FF7Rebirth out for at least another month or two (and I have enough games to tide me several times over anyway) though I haven't had a chance to play it yet. Still, nothing I've seen so fsr seems to justify even that much, the store page at least is pretty barebones.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single