Page 1002 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 250290295299299710001001100210031004100710121052110215022002 ... LastLast
Results 20,021 to 20,040 of 128222

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastedspider View Post
    Conditions (spell's length) are not applied to her because she is able to use high-level magic in a single action.

nah, anti-prana is fuyuki speak for magic resistance

as a random example

Disruption

抗魔術 - Koumajutsu

An added effect. Disrupting the workings of circuits to prevent the generation of Prana and usage of spells. Not the Anti-Prana of Servants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Almost certain it means that just because Caster's spells are single-step doesn't mean they can be instant-cancelled by those ranks of MR. They're the ones that have the conditions of cancel spells of 3/2/1 lines, after all. So it ignores the ignore clause, but is still subject to the damage reduction that an equivalent 5 line or whatever spell from a modern magus would be. That's why the prevalence of MR in the war is bad for her, even though not everybody has it at A rank.

Blog Entries
    Would you mind helping me to clarify this under some more detail then, I'll throw out some examples and you clarify with detail for me?

Please do.

Fanfiction
    Tabula Rasa

Blog Entries
    mcjon is saying that her use of the divine language counts as A rank spells even though they are cast in one line, so therefor even though certain ranks of MR normally completely nullify one line spells dont matter because her spell rank is to high, its a reasonable interpretation, though one I am not sure I agree with personally.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Alright let's start then:

AoG Purple Disintegrating Beam (70-200 Prana I think it was also a 10 line or a ritual required spell but HSDW shortens it.)

A Ranked Magic Resistance:

B Ranked Magic Resistance:

C Ranked Magic Resistance:

D Ranked Magic Resistance:

E Ranked Magic Resistance:

Mind Affecting Spell (The one where she takes control of a persons mind and basically controls their body)

Barrier Spell (The one where she freezes space inside an area)

Any help you can give would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    mcjon is saying that her use of the divine language counts as A rank spells even though they are cast in one line, so therefor even though certain ranks of MR normally completely nullify one line spells dont matter because her spell rank is to high, its a reasonable interpretation, though one I am not sure I agree with personally.
    Remember that Atlas actually held Arturia under for some time. Pretty sure Mcjon's interpretation is the right one.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbunk View Post
    AoG Purple Disintegrating Beam (70-200 Prana I think it was also a 10 line or a ritual required spell but HSDW shortens it.)

A Ranked Magic Resistance: Cancelled

B Ranked Magic Resistance: Works

C Ranked Magic Resistance: Works

D Ranked Magic Resistance: Works

E Ranked Magic Resistance: Works
    I don't know definitely what Rank the other spells are but each bolt of Rain of Light is A Rank. The mind control spell wouldn't work on a Servant at all because Medea says it affects Shirou only because he's a useless magus.

Mind Affecting Spell (The one where she takes control of a persons mind and basically controls their body)

B Ranked Magic Resistance: Cancelled

C Ranked Magic Resistance: Cancelled

D Ranked Magic Resistance: Cancelled

E Ranked Magic Resistance: Cancelled
    This spell is weird because it even affects Arturia. However, even Archer, with D Rank Magic Resistance, managed to shake it off with a surge of prana. Maybe its because he knows basic thaumaturgy?

Barrier Spell (The one where she freezes space inside an area)

B Ranked Magic Resistance: ?

C Ranked Magic Resistance: ?

D Ranked Magic Resistance: ?

E Ranked Magic Resistance: ?
    Last edited by Junky; March 21st, 2012 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Added Milbunk's question.

Fanfiction
    Tabula Rasa

Blog Entries
    saber's MR wouldnt be effected by any form of this question, since it notably leaves out A ranked MR.

actually a better argument for mcjon's side is that it also leaves out rank E, which implies that her magical damage can be reduced somewhat, just not canceled out completely

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Would you mind helping me to clarify this under some more detail then, I'll throw out some examples and you clarify with detail for me?
    Magic Resistance Rank B only cancels spells up to three bars.

Medea is hurling out Ten Count (ten bars) in the space of one step (the amount of time of a finger snap or tooth cluck). Anything below Magic Resistance Rank A is not going to save you from Medea.

Nasuverse often uses rules similar to DnD so you could look at this like Armor Class (AC) and Damage Reduction (DR)

AC is what allows you to completely negate an attack. As long as your AC beats the attack roll then there is no damage. This is equivalent to Saber's A ranked MR negating Medea's spells. If you're below A, then you receive full damage; it's all or nothing.

There is a second part though, which is DR. Here, damage taken is reduced (e.g., Archer's E ranked resistance and buttcape). It could be a straight number (e.g, 5/- DR) reduced or just a percentage cut out.

This case is a little murkier because there could be special cases that cut through DR. 5/- implies nothing can cut through the DR but 5/fire would mean fire attacks ignore the damage reduction. In FSN's style the equivalent would be 5/A which would mean A-ranked spells ignore the reduction. HOWEVER no known spell in Nasuverse states it has this property.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by food View Post
    Magic Resistance Rank B only cancels spells up to three bars.

Medea is hurling out Ten Count (ten bars) in the space of one step (the amount of time of a finger snap or tooth cluck). Anything below Magic Resistance Rank A is not going to save you from Medea.

You're focusing too much on the outright cancellation part. MR has a damage resistance component as well. See: 大魔術、儀礼呪法等を以ってしても、傷つけるのは難しい (For rank B)

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    You're focusing too much on the outright cancellation part. MR has a damage resistance component as well. See: 大魔術、儀礼呪法等を以ってしても、傷つけるのは難しい (For rank B)
    Ah, I forgot about that too.

Fanfiction
    Tabula Rasa

ah, i think i remember mention of medea being unable to face rider directly because of her MR in the game...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Only B Rank has that bit of icing of "hard to be wounded by Grand Rituals" (although you are correct there is a pattern of damage reduction amongst the ranks of Magic Resistance). The rest of the Magic Resistance ranks take the brunt of Grand Rituals, starting from Rank C.

C: 第二節以下の詠唱による魔術を無効化する。
     大魔術・儀礼呪法など大がかりな魔術は防げない。

D: 一工程(シングルアクション)による魔術行使を無効化する。
     魔力避けのアミュレット程度の対魔力。

E: 魔術に対する守り。無効化は出来ず、ダメージ数値を多少削減する。

And starting from Rank D, you are entering the realm of "can be killed by a good modern-day magus".

Really Caster probably only loses sleep over Magic Resistance A and B. And those are rare.
    Last edited by food; March 21st, 2012 at 06:09 PM.

Blog Entries
    I know what it says. The implication is that Rank C is going to be providing damage resistance on spells between 2 count and grand rituals, Rank D is going to provide the damage resistance of an amulet in addition to canceling 1 count, and Rank E only provides a bit of damage resistance and nothing else.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Of course.

What I am saying is Magic Resistance is only a nuisance for a Caster the calibre of Medea, unless you enter into the Ranks of A and B.

Quote Originally Posted by food View Post
    Of course.

What I am saying is Magic Resistance is only a nuisance for a Caster the calibre of Medea, unless you enter into the Ranks of A and B.
    I saw A only originally. Guess you added B somewhere between remembering the rest of MR and being reminded of it.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I did.

U MAD?

Nanaya Shiki (with W.Len supporting his existence) vs Kishima Kouma

There's nothing wrong with killing someone, even if you like them.

That fight already happened in MBAA (Nanaya's ending I think?). It was a draw.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III