Page 13 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 3811121314151823631135131013 ... LastLast

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    AM protects her even when she's unconscious. To a better degree even.
    I'm doubtful as to whether shadow magic can stand up to brute force. Shadow magic has sharp tentacles and all, but it's two-dimensional and about as solid as... well... shadow. Imo, Vento just punches holes in the shadow titans and then in Sakura.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    I'm doubtful as to whether shadow magic can stand up to brute force. Shadow magic has sharp tentacles and all, but it's two-dimensional and about as solid as... well... shadow. Imo, Vento just punches holes in the shadow titans and then in Sakura.
    The cursing effect, the teleporting, the fact three salvos and a beheading of Gate of Babyl'owned didn't do much of anything. When Berserker smacked the shadow, it just stuck to him and he had to rip his flesh off to get it off. This was before the curse was brought to it's maximum when Sakura merged with it. As for the giants...they seem pretty solid to me (and curse filled) they're just made out of prana. Each giant is 1000 units of prana (more than the usual Excalibur usage).

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    The shadows entangle, and they stick- but if someone's hitting them with projectiles from a distance, I don't think they could stand up to actual heavy blows. Berserker was only caught because he was using a melee weapon, and got close.

And the giants are completely flat- they're about as solid as paper. It's just that without attacks big enough to rip them in half, or put big hols in them, they're pretty much invincible. Against Veno, who blew the entire front half of a restaurant in with a single shot, they're screwed.

Blog Entries
    Koto vs Verg huggles.

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    And now for somrthing completely different:

the Night of Fate (Fate) vs. the Night of Fate (UBW)

True Golden Bear King of BLING Theocrass's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ^ YOU BASTARD! I have to CHOOSE!?

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrass View Post
    ^ YOU BASTARD! I have to CHOOSE!?
    Give an opinion. :3

True Golden Bear King of BLING Theocrass's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ^

B-but.. isn't the answer obvious? That it's (for most people, but not me) the UBW version? D:

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Knight of Rider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyne View Post
    And now for somrthing completely different:

the Night of Fate (Fate) vs. the Night of Fate (UBW)
    Hmmm not quite sure. The UBW version is more "epic", but for some reason I like the sound of the Fate version more. :-/

Just to go back for a bit to Touma:

He puts his hand out as a lightning rod and the electricity goes right to it. And I'm pretty sure that Touma can't catch the Railgun (from what I remember he only does that in well, the Railgun side story).
    Well, as was pointed out, he does stop the railgun in... Railgun, and fans have been arguing about that since. The theory I usually hear is that Touma can cancel out any kinetic energy as long as it's under paranormal influence when it touches him (so technically even Railgun would be able to hit him if Mikoto cut the power before impact). Or something.

The point of Darkwing Accel's wings that they cannot be negated entirely by Touma. He could only redirect them. The novel didn't depict how the heck he did it but I have an idea. He just pushed one of the antimatter wings away and let that collide with the rest in a domino fashion.
    ...? Pretty sure he can, except the effect isn't instant, which is why he can grab it. IIRC, the only thing so far he absolutely could not cancel out was the Holy Right, which is always on a level of power above what Imagine Breaker can cancel (however that works). Plus, what Cruor said.

But anyway, it seems pretty evident in these last few books that Touma himself is paranormal (and I'd like to bring up that 'his punch made someone fly 3km!' thing again) so until Touma's actual physical capabilities are made clear, it's hard to judge any fight involving him.
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

Rakan vs Eva

Kinzo vs. Zouken.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

P0n0s vs. Vag000

夜魔 Nightmare
    Hello new around here.

Regrading the Shirou vs. Touma fight I think it would be Shirou's win if Shirou just relies on his physical abilities and not waste energy on tracing. Touma's usual tactic is to have the opponent use some sort of supernatural ability, cancel it with IB and while the opponent is surprised punch them. Tracing would just be a waste of time if it could be canceled. But like the author of To Aru said in the books, Touma would have no need to fight someone that has similer goals/ideals as him. If he does fight someone like Shirou Touma would lose all motivation. So I can't really see the two fighting because they're similar to each other.

Know than, how about Negi Springfield vs. Saber. Who would win and who would lose?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Knight of Rider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangerang View Post
    Rakan vs Eva
    Do you mean Evangelina? If so, one of the very few girls (if not the only one) I could imagen Rakan being unable to steal her panties. At least at full power, before she got sealed by the thousend meister.
    Anyway wasn't she supposed to be an the same level as Rakan and negis father? So draw?!

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Rider View Post
    Do you mean Evangelina? If so, one of the very few girls (if not the only one) I could imagen Rakan being unable to steal her panties. At least at full power, before she got sealed by the thousend meister.
    Anyway wasn't she supposed to be an the same level as Rakan and negis father? So draw?!
    Yeah, that Eva.
    It's undeniable, a fight between those two would be awesome.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nagi's whole team was supposed to be equal in strength. It's just some had more weaknesses then others.

I'd say Eva should be equal to them.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

夜魔 Nightmare
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangerang View Post
    Rakan vs Eva
    Draw until we know more about Eva. Both are broken but Eva hasn't gone all out on anyone yet so we don't know everything about her abilities

We do know that Eva one-shotted the 9000 (I think it was 9000?) power-level demon on Rakan's power list. But then again, Rakan put himself at 12,000 and Rakan's list is kind of lol.

We do know fake Eva blocked the lightning titan slayer spear with no problem and did fairly well against Negi's full lightning demon form? Well, it's still a bit hard to compare.