Page 451 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 3514014414464494504514524534564615015519511451 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,020 of 128222

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    But then, Shiki's gone toe to toe with far better fighters than Kuzuki, Kuzuki isn't reinforced, and Shiki's the one with a knife. If he gets hit, he dies, sure, but then, so does Kuzuki. Snake doesn't do much if Shiki cuts off his hand at the wrist when it's on its way to his face.

We're basically pitting high-tier martial artist against high-tier knife wielder, and the guy with the knife usually has more options.
    If Kuzuki gets a punch out, there is no way that Shiki can "cut off his hand".

Saber could not do it. And Saber is massively better in combat then Shiki is.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellon View Post
    If Kuzuki gets a punch out, there is no way that Shiki can "cut off his hand".

Saber could not do it. And Saber is massively better in combat then Shiki is.
    *Sigh*

Saber successfully dodged. She saw the fist coming, dodged, but the martial art was designed specifically to take out people who could dodge it, so the hand came at her neck from another angle, and caught her. Shiki, against a human, wouldn't dodge. He'd just go for the arm, which would kill the guy by blood loss sooner or later.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    *Sigh*

Saber successfully dodged. She saw the fist coming, dodged, but the martial art was designed specifically to take out people who could dodge it, so the hand came at her neck from another angle, and caught her. Shiki, against a human, wouldn't dodge. He'd just go for the arm, which would kill the guy by blood loss sooner or later.
    I'd have to agree. Shiki doesn't need to dodge. He just kills everything in his way.
    See the Nrvnqsr fight and the Akiha fight.
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"
    [21:21] <+EnigmaticFellow> we derive fun from integration

Blog Entries
    *Sigh*

... wat?

Do you think Saber would have not figured to cut of his arms if it was that simple? Cause the situation is exactly the effing same, except Saber has much much more massive advantages then Shiki does. Better stats, a much better weapon and more combat experience.

It is quite laughable that you think Saber would not think of something so ridiculously easy, if it could be done.

Jesus, the Shiki fanwank has become pretty ludicrous lately. Next someone is going to claim that Shiki can fight Koujiro and win. Or some Type-Complex shenanigans where he OHKOs Berserker?

Blog Entries
    And of course, as a hand to hand fighter, it's not like Kuzuki can block Shiki's attacks. It would be different if he had a weapon, but as it stands putting up his guard is just going to get lines on his arms and legs cut through. So Kuzuki's defensive game is pretty much shot.

Do you think Saber would have not figured to cut of his arms if it was that simple? Cause the situation is exactly the effing same, except Saber has much much more massive advantages then Shiki does. Better stats, a much better weapon and more combat experience.

It is quite laughable that you think Saber would not think of something so ridiculously easy, if it could be done.

Jesus, the Shiki fanwank has become pretty ludicrous lately. Next someone is going to claim that Shiki can fight Koujiro and win. Or some Type-Complex shenanigans where he OHKOs Berserker?
    Komodo isn't an ancient Servant or an incomprehensible, so Shiki should see lines very, very easily. Saber has to be able to break through the strength of his reinforced limbs. Shiki just has to trace over them.

Blog Entries
    Shiki's power level is way to variable man....oh, he Is basically a strong human, but he can apparently kill a sword rain.....you know what would be useful, if someone would actually ask a max power shiki question like apparently gets asked about shirou 24/7
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    ... wat?

You've got completely the wrong idea about that martial art. It was literally designed to be able to kill a person easier, the better they are at fighting. A novice tries to block every blow- like Shirou, when he was fighting Kuzuki- and that's what kept him alive for a minute or so. An expert dodges, with millimeters to spare, and chops you up at the same time. That's what got Saber's arse kicked- because she was a better fighter.

Saber's Instinct is off going "DUDE THIS GUY IS SRSLY BAD NEWS", and she's a top-tier fighter. What does she do? She makes sure the guy doesn't touch her, she dodges. His moves are specifically designed to prevent that, so that's what he does.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Shiki's power level is way to variable man....oh, he Is basically a strong human, but he can apparently kill a sword rain.....you know what would be useful, if someone would actually ask a max power shiki question like apparently gets asked about shirou 24/7
    Going by "Talk" he can completely defeat (without even hurting), someone who could fight defensively against Ciel so...

Blog Entries
    You've got completely the wrong idea about that martial art. It was literally designed to be able to kill a person easier, the better they are at fighting. A novice tries to block every blow- like Shirou, when he was fighting Kuzuki- and that's what kept him alive for a minute or so. An expert dodges, with millimeters to spare, and chops you up at the same time. That's what got Saber's arse kicked- because she was a better fighter.

Saber's Instinct is off going "DUDE THIS GUY IS SRSLY BAD NEWS", and she's a top-tier fighter. What does she do? She makes sure the guy doesn't touch her, she dodges. His moves are specifically designed to prevent that, so that's what he does.
    ... Snake is dangerous because all the hits come from wrong angles, making dodging and blocking pointless.

Not because of some mythical "it only works if they are good enough to dodge" principle.

Hebi - Snake. The one skill that Kuzuki was given by his organization, polished and perfected from years of doing nothing but just that, at the cost of 20,000,000 yen and 20 years. His organization values the turning out of products, hence why Kuzuki was only allowed that one technique. The arms seem to twist as a whip would, but these movements always come in right angles; not to mention the flashing speed of these punches and the accuracy at the points they're aiming at. Hence the nickname, "snake". The real problem for an opponent who has to deal with this at the first time is getting used to the angles and positions these hits are coming from. Saber for instance, was actually hit from the back of the head when face to face with Kuzuki for the first time. Against a Servant, actual damage isn't that big (in fact, these won't break through Saber's armor); but receiving many of these reinforced hits overtime will add up to pain that will stun the person long enough to allow for an opportunity to allow for a fatal head blow. Needless to say, useless aagainst a Servant without backup from Caster.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SteinsGate View Post
    Going by "Talk" he can completely defeat (without even hurting), someone who could fight defensively against Ciel so...
    That's Satsujinki though, maybe a little different.
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    ... Snake is dangerous because all the hits come from wrong angles, making dodging and blocking pointless.
    That quote says nothing about blocking. Dodging is pointless because the strike will still come at you from a crazy angle, but if the fist never gets near you in the first place, it can't touch you, no matter what angle it comes from.

Also, I repeat: Kuzuki was reinforced at the time. His fists couldn't be destroyed.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    That quote says nothing about blocking. Dodging is pointless because the strike will still come at you from a crazy angle, but if the fist never gets near you in the first place, it can't touch you, no matter what angle it comes from.
    Bull. Saber was trying to block (and failing) his attacks in UBW street-fight.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lianru View Post
    That's Satsujinki though, maybe a little different.
    Well, I think everybody is pretty much assuming that Kuzuki is reinforced by default, which means that Shiki gets "Nanaya-mode". Which is pretty much equivalent to Sasujinki, I guess.

Also, I still don't see why Shiki's Nanaya style wouldn't give him an edge toward comprehending Snake. I mean, the entire concept of the Nanaya style is "attack from wrong angles", just on a whole-body scale rather than for individual strikes. Twisty hallway under table kills, anyone?
    Last edited by Mcjon01; September 6th, 2011 at 06:28 PM.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by TypeWannabe View Post
    Actually, for this match up, self hypnosis does not count as a special ability. Besides Akasha Ryougi and her eyes, Ryogui doesn't have any special abilities.
    Isn't it sad spirit grabbing arm Touko made.

Blog Entries
    So actually, Kuzuki would just get his hand chopped off from trying to do that.
    Now Loading...

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If he is in Nanaya mode, yes.
    Since this is Shiki we are talking about and not Satsu we assume that he doesn't really know Nanaya techniques, and in that case he is screwed. If we assume that he knows the techniques then there isn't really a difference between Nanaya mode and not Nanaya mode, excpet the latter would probably make him less effective, if more resilient to pain.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    If he is in Nanaya mode, yes.
    Since this is Shiki we are talking about and not Satsu we assume that he doesn't really know Nanaya techniques, and in that case he is screwed. If we assume that he knows the techniques then there isn't really a difference between Nanaya mode and not Nanaya mode, excpet the latter would probably make him less effective, if more resilient to pain.
    I was actually referring to the video, where Kuzuki blocks Saber's sword with his arm and leg.
    If it were Shiki, reinforcement would be useless.
    Now Loading...

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, reinforcement also makes him faster, no?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Well, reinforcement also makes him faster, no?
    I don't think so. It's more of strength and durability.
    Now Loading...