Thread: Badass Versus Thread

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    She's not using the Other Side's mana. She's using the Grail's that got created from using HS souls.
    The stock was still only a trillion. No way would the planet be able to provide less energy. At any rate this doesn't necessarily correlate to gods since the grail was full. Grail being unable to summon gods assumed an empty grail during a war.

Also if the planet runs on mana. And TAs are extensions of the planet.
    Then it would make sense that they get mana from the planet when they request for backup.
    Instead of protein powder, glucose packs or Weight Gain 4000.
    Fair enough. But what makes you think they draw mana only from the surface?
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    The stock was still only a trillion. No way would the planet be able to provide less energy. At any rate this doesn't necessarily correlate to gods since the grail was full. Grail being unable to summon gods assumed an empty grail during a war.

Fair enough. But what makes you think they draw mana only from the surface?
    Yeah that was from the Grail. Not the other side. However the Grail can give you access to the other side.
    And in the other side which has tonnes of mana is Akasha which is Akasha.
    So at the end of the day Grail >>>>>> Planet

I don't think they can only get Mana from the surface. That's why I said "dig, dig for mana"
    You were the one who said that the Earth was manaless.
    What I was talking about the surface was that, if hypothetical TA takes all the mana on the planet, that mana that was taken doesn't represent all the mana that the planet has produced. Because humans have been using mana from the surface for their own things. Mana that's going to take a while to be regenerated. If you are the only person with access to the other side, this doesn't hold true. You have a monopoly of all the mana there.
    Last edited by You; November 29th, 2015 at 11:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    What's the source for the claim of TAs being better than Divine Spirits?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    CMIV
    Gatou Monji & Berserker
    Gatou Monji is an strange Master that worships Berserker as a God. He is a man that carries various religions so his speech can't be understood. Berserker was originally an spirit from the Earth called "True Ancestor" but, due to Gatou's misconceptions that say "she = God" her status downgraded from Planet to God, making her unable to properly display her abilities. During battle her Noble Phantasm uses gravity as means of attack, causing great damage.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Would that distinction be the same for all TAs since I thought it was an Arc thing only since she's an exception among their ranks.

Blog Entries
    ...probably. Extra went pretty far out of the way to talk about how all TAs were like that actually. I mean it's been a while wine I read, but I do believe most of the passages were more like "fuck it's a TA get in the car!!!" As opposed to "fuck it's arc get in the car!!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I mean it's been a while wine I read,
    that freudian slip.

How's the wine tobias?

Blog Entries
    Heh. Well actually these days it's usually brandy. I don't run the heater at my house so a little warmed brandy is the standard fair recently.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    I actually saw that myth busters episode, and it was cripplingly flawed. And what made it really stupid one of them briefly, if unknowingly, touched on the reason why.

see there was a point in the episode where one was sitting in the freezer with the dog and he noted something like "it's actually not bad in here, this dog is putting off a lot of heat and I am just hugging on him" because if the dog was doing what it was trained to do, IE, lay on top of him while baying for help, he would essentially be a hundred and fifty pound heating blanket. If your unconscious it's still hit or miss, but if you are conscious, as you would have to be to drink the brandy, you are no longer in danger of freezing to death. Because you have a giant bear knock off laying on you keeping you warm, just as the guy noted.

well, ok, now you aren't going to die in the next few minutes. You know what the next biggest danger that could kill you is? Frostbite setting into your limbs. And as the show specifically noted, while the alcohol did reduce the core temp by a few degrees, which would be dangerous if not for the dog, it also raised the temp of your blood in your extremities by a whopping 10 degrees or more. Meaning the combination of the dog and the drink now perfectly countered the two primary dangers.

it was one of the more egregious logic fails I have ever seen.

Blog Entries
    Also if I'm gonna freeze to death I'd rather be blitzed out of my mind while it happens tbh

Blog Entries
    your avy works real well with that statement, mcjon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Also if I'm gonna freeze to death I'd rather be blitzed out of my mind while it happens tbh
    Well there is that as well, but I decided it would be better to focus on the fail there. It was such an obvious blunder that I am like 80% sure when they announced they were going to do that, one of their producers came by and told them no matter what they needed to announce myth busted. Because he was afraid some kid would get lost in a snow storm, drink without the benefit of the giant dog to lay on him and keep them warm, nearly freeze to death and then sue myth busters for telling him it was the right idea.

Back to the Gods vs TA debate
    Aren't gods like Saver is originally capable of ruling the galaxy, making those gods at least Planet tier?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AvengerEmiya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Buddha isn't a god though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andaeus View Post
    Oh, fun! How often does a story actually leave the Idea Thread?
    Fate/Grand Order Doujins That Don't Suck [Updated: 3/2]

JP Friend Code
    591286971/Lead
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Buddha isn't a god though.
    SPOILER's CCC entry

People who devote themselves to bring salvation to sattvas (all living things) are generally called Boddhisattvas, and those who have attained moksha are also Boddhisattvas. And a Boddhisattva is a god of cosmic proportions, and easily governs at least the solar system.
    The vastness of the world view of Buddhism is on a different level from that of other religions.
    Why there are numerical concepts like Nayuta (10^60) and Muryoutaisuu (10^68) is because they were made to demonstrate the magnitude of the Buddha.
    In Buddhism, the universe is the kingdom of the Buddha, and its size is described as the great trichiliocosm.
    The galaxy is made up of 3,000 worlds (small trichiliocosm), and a thousand galaxies is a medium trichiliocosm, and a thousand of these makes up the great trichiliocosm.
    This truly can be said to be on the scale of galaxies, galaxy clusters, superclusters.
    Damn India, you guys came up with this interpretation more than 2000 years ago?

Seems like they might at least be considered as such, though that doesn't necessarily mean Divine Spirit. Also counting them in a Divine Spirit match-up feels like counting ORT in a DAA match-up, if not as extreme.

Either way, the TA force numbers at a total of 2 which puts them at a pretty hefty numbers disadvantage, and we don't know the specs for any Divine Spirits outside of Extraverse, where they're notably stronger (except for ones like Stheno, but they don't really count), so we don't really have a lot to go off of.

Quote Originally Posted by LeadDemon View Post
    Either way, the TA force numbers at a total of 2 which puts them at a pretty hefty numbers disadvantage, and we don't know the specs for any Divine Spirits outside of Extraverse, where they're notably stronger (except for ones like Stheno, but they don't really count), so we don't really have a lot to go off of.
    We assume everyone at their peak obviously. Otherwise gods lose by default since they banished from the world and are unable to manifest after the AoG. And even if they do show up they are weaksauce enough to struggle against people like Drake. I stand by the claim that TAs are more all rounded and specifically geared for combat, they are versatile and they can be as strong as they need. Most gods govern over a specific concept.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Damn, I missed a Hakumen VS and an Observation reference.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Hakumen vs Archer?

Gil and Arc's vague - tier levels of observation that Roa would have wanted to be immortal?

Do we even know anything about Hakumen's strength other than that he is on the level of the Black Beast and
    dunno if spoiler
    Izanami

when at full power? I mean, if you want to argue that he barrier blocks projectiles and uses his Drive/invincible specials to dominate close range, sure, but I don't think you do.

- - - Updated - - -

Not that Archer could take the Black Beast, of course.