Page 501 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 40145149149649950050150250350651155160110011501 ... LastLast
Results 10,001 to 10,020 of 128222

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

Blog Entries
    @Teraa

I fail to see how Gil has resistance to swords.

Shirou-slash >> BLARGH, NO ARM
    Saber-slash >> BLARGH, NO INNARDS

He would kill himself rather quickly. And even if he does have an anti-curse weapon, it doesn't necessarily mean that it will be deployed when necessary. I don't think Gil even cares what the opponent is doing, he just goes LOLSWORDSPAM.

Gilgamesh knows spells though when he sees them.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    The problem is, does he give enough of a fuck to counter them? Tetrakarn isn't even from the Nasuverse. Recognising magic is entirely different from recognising what specific magic spells do.

And tetrakarn isn't even 'magic'. It's a 'skill'. I haven't seen any 'anti-skill' weapons in the Nasuverse.

Blog Entries
    admittedly, in the nasuverse, it would probably be a form of magic, you have to make do with general conversions in verses after all. that said, gil always has real trouble with things that the King's treasure cant stop, even when he should be paying attention. see also, lancelot, UBW. he usually gives it a few tries first because lolmongrels. pretty sure the first bone headed egotistical attack would kill the shit out of him unless he got lucky and rolled low damage and his armor let him limp away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

He was able to recognize a magic that only Shirou can use to the exact number of weapons he was readying to project. I think Gilgamesh has this in the bag.
    And yes there are "anti-skills" as well.

When asked how would Gilgamesh deal with Tsubame Gaeshi Nasu said he would just pull out a shield that prevents dimensional refraction.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    technically it was a shield capable of blocking in multiple dimensions. or just letting his armor tank it.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Gilgamesh pulls out a shield that deals with curse damage (which I haven't quite bought) using his crazy Servant reflexes, done.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    What anti-skill weapons are there in his vault, then?

And if you're talking about Shirou's tracing/Rho Aias, that's from the Nasuverse. Gil has no experience in the Personaverse.

And servant reflexes? ... Wat? Gil is slow enough to let a mongrel lop off his arm. I don't think he can pull out a shield in time to save his ass from an instant reflection.

Blog Entries
    that goes back to my point about how his ego works against him. it lets him walk off blackening, but his whole lolmongrels spiel pretty much requires him to just fire off a bunch of attacks for a while until he works himself up to actually being serious. in that situation that would invariably be lethal.

Blog Entries
    King of carelessness indeed.

@apple
    It is from the Nasuverse but it never shows up unless Shirou is around. Plus All Knowing All Seeing Star. And he has super fast reflexes because he wasn't insta killed when Saber got in his face and was able to swing swords at her.
    I am not sure how his lol mongrel act works if he is facing an incarnation of death or whatever Minato is.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    All knowing all seeing star? Wait, link me to that, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. He can't be very omnipotent if he gets owned by women and children in every single scenario, yet continues to make fun of them.

Also, he doesn't seem to care about anything apart from other kings or other gods. Incarnation of death wouldn't be classified as a god, or a king. Not to mention the fact that post-Ryoji, Minato actually is just 'the fool'. He no longer is the incarnation of death.

@Apple
    every scenario he loses he should have won, they are like if you were about to step on an ant and a Desert Eagle materialized right next to your head and shot you.
    Saber didn't even think Avalon could block Enuma Enlish, Shirou hadn't figured out he had enough circuits to use Unlimited Blade Works, and most things die when decapitated.

All Seeing All Knowing Star is a Noble Phantasm which only shows up in the Hanafuda game so he may or may not have it but it basically lets him know all about the enemy's abilities.

And no he hates gods, Gilgamesh's respect is merited out to whoever he wants on a case by case basis.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    When asked how would Gilgamesh deal with Tsubame Gaeshi Nasu said he would just pull out a shield that prevents dimensional refraction.
    Source please?

/ serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Apple View Post
    And if you're talking about Shirou's tracing/Rho Aias, that's from the Nasuverse. Gil has no experience in the Personaverse.
    Then I could say this Minato guy loses because he has no experience in Nasuverse. What the hell does it mean "no experience in personaverse"?

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    that goes back to my point about how his ego works against him. it lets him walk off blackening, but his whole lolmongrels spiel pretty much requires him to just fire off a bunch of attacks for a while until he works himself up to actually being serious. in that situation that would invariably be lethal.
    Why everyone assumes that GoB isn't being serious, or it is a crappy attack?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    Source please?

/ serious.

its from an old, well known interview, hell I doubt anyone could dredge it up by now, maybe arai or drinks if they are feeling nice, but he is right. also, it mention's gil's armor could just tank it anyway.

Why everyone assumes that GoB isn't being serious, or it is a crappy attack?
    right on one, wrong on the other, GoB is his go-to attack for killing mongrels and children, it is however, enormiously damaging, thus my point using it would oneshot himself when reflected

Blog Entries
    Not in all scenarios. He gets eaten by Dark Sakura, which is arguably not unwarranted. Avalon transports the user to another dimension, so it is not out of the question for it to protect against Ea. If Gil really knows all about his enemies' abilities, then he should have been able to tell that Shirou was capable of UBW (even if Shirou wasn't), and therefore pre-empt his attack. But he didn't, instead choosing to take his typical ONOREONOREONOREONOREONOREONORE approach.

Secondly- really?

He shows respect to Iskandar >> Partial divinity/King.
    He shows respect to Heracles >> Demigod
    He shows respect to Arturia >> King.

Also, what Hanafuda game are you talking about? Is there a link to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    Then I could say this Minato guy loses because he has no experience in Nasuverse. What the hell does it mean "no experience in personaverse"?
    Minato doesn't need experience in the Nasuverse, all he has to do is have enough wit to see a sword and recognise it as a physical attack. Once that connection is made, he can just cast tetrakarn and reflect the damage. Gil's counter to this, on the other hand, requires advanced foreknowledge of the skills in the Personaverse.

Blog Entries
    also IIRC he actually went semi serious on lancer as he was part god.

I could be wrong though because I can never find my source on that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    also IIRC he actually went semi serious on lancer as he was part god.

I could be wrong though because I can never find my source on that.
    Lancer IS part God. B rank divinity. (IIRC) I have no idea if Gil was serious with him or not, though.

Blog Entries
    ...yes, thats the part I meant, whether or not when they fought in fate gil actually stepped up, lancer's divinity would not be hard to prove.

Blog Entries
    He fought with him for 9/10 hours, apparently. Either Lancer's very strong, or Gil was taking his typical lolmongrel approach, or Gil was toying with him. We don't know if he was serious.