Page 502 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 240245249249750050150250350450751255260210021502 ... LastLast
Results 10,021 to 10,040 of 128225

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

@apple
    the reason his Divinity dropped to B is because he hates gods that much.

And no, there really was no precedent for Sakura being able to live without a head, no one had apparently seen Avalon because like I said not even Saber seem to understand its functionality, and no Shirou was unable to use Unlimited Blade Works until he did the impossible and used circuits "that weren't even there" (Shirou's wording not mine).
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    Yes, but his hate doesn't stop him from treating part-gods with respect (in battle terms, not in banter terms).

As for the all-seeing eye thing, the point I was trying to make was that he can't see all of his opponent's abilities as completely as the Hanafuda game seems to claim. Which you have illustrated.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    its from an old, well known interview, hell I doubt anyone could dredge it up by now, maybe arai or drinks if they are feeling nice, but he is right. also, it mention's gil's armor could just tank it anyway.
    Oh, ok, I was just curious.

right on one, wrong on the other, GoB is his go-to attack for killing mongrels and children, it is however, enormiously damaging, thus my point using it would oneshot himself when reflected
    Gil has two attacks: Gob and Ea (plus Enkidu, but that's a bonus). Now, you can't pretend he goes "anti-world" against opponents like Shirou or generic ones (like lancelot of which he doesn't know anything about his abilities) right from the start.

Nobody, not even the good ones, does that. Next step, I'll say "Arturia is a moron because she doesn't excaliblast everyone instead of going crappy C-rank Invsisible Air". And if GoB (+ Enkidu) is enough to kill Heracles alone, why should he need to bring out Ea? Yes, GoB is his default attack, but it's perfectly serious and lethal.

Not being serious would be like during the fight at the bridge, where he just tanks Saber's sword with the armor until "derp, if this keeps going on she'll kill me".

it would oneshot himself when reflected
    How does is opponent skill works, anyway?

^
    game mechanics that are never explained in story.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    Tetrakarn sets up a barrier that reflects all physical attacks. It doesn't matter if it's ranged or melee, if it's physical, it's the equivalent of hitting yourself.

Basically, if you were to spear Minato with a sword, the damage he would have received is instead now received by you. If you were to spam five swords into Minato while tetrakarn is up, he emerges unharmed, and you instantaneously suffer the damage of having five swords spammed into you.

Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    ^
    game mechanics that are never explained in story.
    But Nasuverse has abilities/spells that produce similar effects, ie Avenger's NP and the curse Rin put on Kuro.

Blog Entries
    Gil has two attacks: Gob and Ea (plus Enkidu, but that's a bonus). Now, you can't pretend he goes "anti-world" against opponents like Shirou or generic ones (like lancelot of which he doesn't know anything about his abilities) right from the start.

Nobody, not even the good ones, does that. Next step, I'll say "Arturia is a moron because she doesn't excaliblast everyone instead of going crappy C-rank Invsisible Air". And if GoB (+ Enkidu) is enough to kill Heracles alone, why should he need to bring out Ea? Yes, GoB is his default attack, but it's perfectly serious and lethal.

Not being serious would be like during the fight at the bridge, where he just tanks Saber's sword with the armor until "derp, if this keeps going on she'll kill me".
    OK, A, you are wrong anyway, gil has hundreds, if not thousands of attacks, thats his whole thing is he has something for almost every occassion if he would bother using it, thus the point of go for a shield capable of blocking in multiple dimensions. and we have seen this, like going for vianna in Zero and enkidu in fate, he just doesnt bother. if he actually got serious against minato right off the bat, its nearly a garanty he would win because siomething he has breaks curses and kills someone channelling what reasonably passes servants and/or gods in his mind.

and

B, pay attention. Not being serious does not mean go for a weak attack, it means not bothering to take into account what minato can do because he is a lolmongrel so isnt worth prepping for. so when he released his normally devastating attack, because thats what he does when he isnt being serious, it would be fatal up tetra.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple View Post
    Minato doesn't need experience in the Nasuverse, all he has to do is have enough wit to see a sword and recognise it as a physical attack. Once that connection is made, he can just cast tetrakarn and reflect the damage. Gil's counter to this, on the other hand, requires advanced foreknowledge of the skills in the Personaverse.
    Ok, let me elaborate my thoughts on the matter a bit:

Apple, stop this shit right now. You don't like Gilgamesh, and you think he's an idiot. Fine. I don't really care about this opinion of yours, but ok. But stop being a troll and putting him against people, only to go "lol, Gilgamesh is idiot and loses because blah blah blah I think he should lose".

This thread is for elaborating battles that are supposed to be fought, not "he loses because he's an idiot/don't know what goes on in a completely different narrative universe with completely different rules".

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Tetrakarn sets up a barrier that reflects all physical attacks. It doesn't matter if it's ranged or melee, if it's physical, it's the equivalent of hitting yourself.
    Does it works like a conceptual weapon?

Blog Entries
    Sorry, but the battles are being fought in the exact way that Gil does habitually. There is no evidence to suggest that he would fight any differently given this exact scenario.

And yes, I think Gilgamesh is an idiot, but that doesn't mean that I don't like him. I wouldn't have joined his original fanclub if I really disliked him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    If it does physical damage, yes. If it does magical damage, no.

Sorry, misread. I thought you said 'work against a conceptual weapon'. Like I said, it works like a curse more than anything else- it doesn't damage natural laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    Likely as a kekkai. Or as a curse.

Blog Entries
    Yes, it works like a curse more than anything else- it doesn't damage natural laws.

However, it grants the user invulnerability from the actual attack, so I'm not sure if it would really be considered a curse.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    OK, A, you are wrong anyway, gil has hundreds, if not thousands of attacks, thats his whole thing is he has something for almost every occassion if he would bother using it, thus the point of go for a shield capable of blocking in multiple dimensions. and we have seen this, like going for vianna in Zero and enkidu in fate, he just doesnt bother. if he actually got serious against minato right off the bat, its nearly a garanty he would win because siomething he has breaks curses and kills someone channelling what reasonably passes servants and/or gods in his mind.
    Keep in mind that Gilgamesh has shown to be using regular NPs like he knows their names and abilities, but most of his weapons are legend-less and nameless, so he can use them only for "I'm swinging an E-A++ weapon at you right now". Most of them doesn't even have an ability, probably.

My point is, GoB is being serious, like I said not being serious (and you point out in B) is different.

B, pay attention. Not being serious does not mean go for a weak attack, it means not bothering to take into account what minato can do
    Mh, yeah, he would probably just swordrain him until he dies (?), or tank his attacks with the armor.

Wait, what if Gil does the same thing he did against Saber the first time he uses GoB? Tetrakarn would still work? It's a skill always active?

If we were doing this by habit, then wouldn't the first thing Minato do be to buff himself?
    Besides as I pointed out, one sword = one attack. After it reflects the first sword that still leaves about 10 more that are coming at him faster than he can dodge.

^
    no, it is a one time buff you have to cast in advance.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    The armour blocks magic. Not swords. Tetrakarn needs to be cast.

Also, the way Gil fights Saber is different from the way he fights a normal mongrel.

Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    If we were doing this by habit, then wouldn't the first thing Minato do be to buff himself?
    Besides as I pointed out, one sword = one attack. After it reflects the first sword that still leaves about 10 more that are coming at him faster than he can dodge.
    Are you sure one sword would be one attack?

Vorpal blade/Blade of fury/Myriad arrows/Arrow rain hit multiple times, and each individual slash/arrow would be counted as an individual attack if we went by your logic. Yet the entire instance of those attacks are countered by tetrakarn. Given such an instance, I would go by 'each GOB activation = one attack'.
    Last edited by Apple; September 16th, 2011 at 10:59 AM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Sorry, but the battles are being fought in the exact way that Gil does habitually. There is no evidence to suggest that he would fight any differently given this exact scenario.

And yes, I think Gilgamesh is an idiot, but that doesn't mean that I don't like him. I wouldn't have joined his original fanclub if I really disliked him.
    I meant, don't put Gilgamesh (or whoever else) against someone, if you have already decided the outcome, and work going back from the end of the fight. Because that's what being a a troll on this thread is.

@CW: ok. But let's all be careful, because nasuverse proves that even CW can be defeated with sheer raw power. What are the limits of tetrakarn, what is the biggest thing it blocked (or it didn't blocked, if it some times failed?)

Blog Entries
    Vorpal blade/Blade of fury/Myriad arrows/Arrow rain hit multiple times, and each individual slash/arrow would be counted as an individual attack if we went by your logic. Yet the entire instance of those attacks are countered. I would go by 'each GOB activation = one attack'.
    this was my interpretation as well, tetra would work against an entire rain of weapons, 16 or 32 or however many gil went with, going on its persona mechanics, gil's armor can stop one noble phantasm, 30 would flat out kill him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    @Sherrin
    I didn't decide the outcome before I posted this. Geez. I post matchups off of the top of my head.

I was thinking- 'Minato is pretty strong, he's the saviour guy, so let's put him up against... Shirou? Nah, let's just go all out and pit him against the biggest baddie in the Fateverse' . Or something along those lines.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    The armour blocks magic. Not swords.
    Excalibur says no.

Also, the way Gil fights Saber is different from the way he fights a normal mongrel.
    Point. But from what you said, I think that there may be something in GoB that can surpass this curse-like skill. Maybe, I'm not sure.

Blog Entries
    You know, there's probably something wrong if you can imagine the simple skill you can use ten times in a battle from one setting, being given 30 pages of exposition and a "wtf was that" reaction from half the cast in another...

its from an old, well known interview, hell I doubt anyone could dredge it up by now, maybe arai or drinks if they are feeling nice, but he is right. also, it mention's gil's armor could just tank it anyway.

>Q.ギルガメッシュに剣技のスキルはないとのことですが、ならば燕返しの
    >間合いに捕らえさえすればアサシンでもギルに勝てるのですか?

>A.あの鎧で防がれるor王の財宝から、またサギ臭い対多重次元屈折防具とか
    >出てくる可能性大。ただ、ギルはあれはあれで相手の力量を正しく把握するので、
    >アサシン相手に剣技での戦いはしないと思われます

You underestimate me.

And yeah, it says that Gil would either tank it with his armor or pull out a shield that can block in multiple dimensions. And that Gil can accurately judge the strength of his opponents so he wouldn't get into a sword fight with Assassin in the first place.