Page 5189 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 41894689508951395179518451875188518951905191519451995239528956896189 ... LastLast
Results 103,761 to 103,780 of 128225

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramen View Post
    But then in another scene Yang's getting knocked out by being slammed on the floor,
    They essentially work on an HP system because of their Aura, it's not complicated to get. They even have literal HP bars in official contests where they get disqualified if it falls into the red zone because after that they're actually in danger of getting maimed/killed.

or Ruby is worried about being hit by a truck.
    Just because you can take it doesn't mean getting rammed and punted away is comfortable.

It's why I mentioned how inconsistent RWBY is about strength and that this entire argument was silly.
    There are inconsistencies in RWBY (much as just about every work of fiction involving fights in existence), but they aren't the instances you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely Indian View Post
    Also sorry to continue the Medea vs RBWY, but didn't Rin manage to blow Herks face off with A rank magic blast (it was at point blank range though), how does Herks defence compare to that of an average semblance. My point being is that Medea can make it rain A rank magic blasts and also that Mega Blast in fate/ Hollow.

I wonder how high can Medea fly compared how can RBWY reach because flying above them while doing that Magic rain might be a viable tactic, which means it would be a matter of who runs out of magic vs who runs of dust first right?
    The issue is not Medea being able/unable to hurt them; if you started Medea a few hundreds feet in the air then RWBY would be screwed.

The issue is that Medea isn't getting to the part where she flies away because Ruby can completely wreck her at speeds Medea can't really do anything about.
    Last edited by Siriel; June 26th, 2016 at 07:06 PM.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Blog Entries
    Yeah they do have some really impressive feats. But then in another scene Yang's getting knocked out by being slammed on the floor, or Ruby is worried about being hit by a truck. I mean when Amber used her maiden powers she had no problem taking out Cinder, Emerald, and Mercury. And those were a lot less impressive than what Caster has done.

It's why I mentioned how inconsistent RWBY is about strength and that this entire argument was silly.
    Aura is an active application. Without it, they're humans who move really fast and punch really hard. So Ruby who tripped over herself after using up her aura carrying penny in the middle of a perfectly safe city district is probably not thinking "protect myself."

And I wouldn't call generating a literal storm and calling down lightning to blast Cinder, Emerald and Mercury less remarkable than medea's spells.

Also using Yang being taken out by a wall ignores how Aura works and all the times Yang's been hit with things well and above 'wall' damage.

RWBY's showings are far more consistent than a few off moments.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Because both of those require time.
    Not in her Temple, they don't. Plus, Medea's speed when spellcasting seems to be higher than Saber's speed when charging, so she's not a slouch in that department.

Either way, the way fact that she focuses on Shirou being weak makes it sound like she couldn't do it to a half-decent magus.
    Hm. Considering she takes the time to note all Masters are weak (at least from her perspective), I believe she's saying she could do the same to others, but it's much easier doing it to him.
    That said, I also believe she couldn't do it in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    I honestly think team ruby can dodge her magic blast rain given their general speed, but I'm honestly not too sure how fast those blasts are
    Archer dodged them and he doesn't have top rank agility, though lol stats
    Some of those (not sure how many) he had to parry with Kanshou and Bakuya, which have anti-magic properties.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Not in her Temple, they don't.
    Is this some sort of argument where Medea bypasses time itself and can manifest effects without casting spells or thinking about them?
    O piteous Wanderer.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    They essentially work on an HP system because of their Aura, it's not complicated to get. They even have literal HP bars in official contests where they get disqualified if it falls into the red zone because after that they're actually in danger of getting maimed/killed.
    They can also be hurt if you can hit hard enough to get past their aura, which is what happened in her fight with Neo seeing as she had no problem fighting Grimm ten minutes later. It's just that the attack that took her out wasn't impressive at all, hence me calling it inconsistent.

Just because you can take it doesn't mean getting rammed and punted away is comfortable.
    Fair enough.

The issue is not Medea being able/unable to hurt them; if you started Medea a few hundreds feet in the air then RWBY would be screwed.

The issue is that Medea isn't getting to the part where she flies away because Ruby can completely wreck her at speeds Medea can't really do anything about.
    Medea did have time to summon a shield and do that cloak thing in the time it took GoB shots to reach her, so I'd think she can do something before RWBY gets her.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zenieth View Post
    Aura is an active application. Without it, they're humans who move really fast and punch really hard. So Ruby who tripped over herself after using up her aura carrying penny in the middle of a perfectly safe city district is probably not thinking "protect myself."
    RT explicitly called the defensive and healing parts of it passive.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Achilles = You were forced to read the Iliad in high school. Oddessyus was cooler. You still cannot spell Odysseus.

Blog Entries
    Medea did have time to summon a shield and do that cloak thing in the time it took GoB shots to reach her, so I'd think she can do something before RWBY gets her.
    I find it hilarious to call upon the speed of GoB for evidence of speed while criticizing RWBY for being inconsistent, but fair enough I'm not going to try to go into number crunching or something to determine speeds.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Blog Entries

RT explicitly called the defensive and healing parts of it passive.
    And the first time we get an explanation of it in Show, we have Pyrrha asking Jaune why he's not using his aura to heal himself. There's clearly a need to activate them.

And those two off showings don't suddenly remove all the other times they've taken way worse damage and completely shrugged it off..

Blog Entries
    And the first time we get an explanation of it in Show, we have Pyrrha asking Jaune why he's not using his aura to heal himself. There's clearly a need to activate them.
    It heals immediately after she unlocks his aura without him doing anything.

It seems to be more that they can turn it off than that they need to turn it on.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Blog Entries
    But i guess cause Neo's not the sort who blows a building away like Yang when she punches that yang doesn't do that. Even though Neo's explicitly called way stronger than contemporaries to Yang.

But hey, since she didn't punch Yang through the train roof, clearly yang doesn't do things like casually use cars to punch out blocks of grimm.

I find it hilarious to call upon the speed of GoB for evidence of speed while criticizing RWBY for being inconsistent, but fair enough I'm not going to try to go into number crunching or something to determine speeds.
    I never claimed TM was any better about consistency.
    Achilles = You were forced to read the Iliad in high school. Oddessyus was cooler. You still cannot spell Odysseus.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Is this some sort of argument where Medea bypasses time itself and can manifest effects without casting spells or thinking about them?
    No, it's the sort of argument where she:
    a) teleport-dodges Archer's attack mid-swing;
    b) casts Rain of Light "in an instant" (special note: "She didn't even cast the spell, but just pointed her wand");
    c) paralyses Archer with the Atlas spell even as she's still firing off her Rain of Light;
    d) teleports to Kuzuki's side and nullifies Rin's Gandr shot right as it's about to hit Kuzuki;
    e) casts a five-verse spell faster than Saber can cross ten meters;
    f) and is fast enough to cast the not!Atlas spell to paralyse Saber even as Saber is already charging right at her and even while outside her Temple with only "a murmur".

Blog Entries
    I never claimed TM was any better about consistency.
    Then why bring up this fuckery about inconsistency with RWBY? It rings hollow as hell when you use it to disregard one side of things.

Then why bring up this fuckery about inconsistency with RWBY? It rings hollow as hell when you use it to disregard one side of things.
    Because Medea's abilities aren't nearly as inconsistent as RWBY's?

Blog Entries
    Because Medea's abilities aren't nearly as inconsistent as RWBY's?
    fast enough to react to a sneak GoB by Gilgamesh.

Can't stop her face from getting wrecked by martial arts Rin.

We can play this game

- - - Updated - - -

Cause that's a lot more inconsistent than getting knocked out by somebody who's stated in story to be way stronger than you.

Blog Entries

We can play this game
    It wasn't a sneak.

She didn't react at all to his 'sneak' attack where he just murdered all her soldiers before she even realized what was going on.

The he spent like five minutes talking and finally announced that he was killing her and then snapped his fingers, and that she reacted to.

- - - Updated - - -

Though that just introduces the inconsistency that she went from "doesn't even realize anything is happening until GoB killed everything" to "cast after GoB is activated".
    O piteous Wanderer.

We can play this game
    One she saw coming the other took her with her metaphorical pants down.

That's nowhere near as odd as Ruby taking out all of team JNPR then having the same attack doing nothing to Mercury.

- - - Updated - - -

Though that just introduces the inconsistency that she went from "doesn't even realize anything is happening until GoB killed everything" to "cast after GoB is activated".
    She can prepare a defense to an attack if she knows the attacker is there?

Blog Entries
    One she saw coming the other took her with her metaphorical pants down.

That's nowhere near as odd as Ruby taking out all of team JNPR then having the same attack doing nothing to Mercury.
    Well for one

Mercury is pretty clearly stronger than all of the first years.

Secondly, just cause she's spiraling doesn't mean she's doing her tunnel tornado. Just means she's moving fast. She does it again later and it's clearly not the supposed to be the same thing as her drag technique. Like the tornado doesn't even start when she spirals, it starts way before then.

Finally. He literally kicked her out of it, wherein nobody in JNPR even had the where with all to even attack her.

Mercury is pretty clearly stronger than all of the first years.
    Not that much stronger.

Secondly, just cause she's spiraling doesn't mean she's doing her tunnel tornado. Just means she's moving fast. She does it again later and it's clearly not the supposed to be the same thing as her drag technique. Like the tornado doesn't even start when she spirals, it starts way before then.
    If she could run fast enough to make a giant pressure wave strong enough to take out the best student in the school, why didn't she do that?

- - - Updated - - -

You know Mercury's pretty bad about the whole consistency thing as well. One second he's dodging lighting bolts after they've been fired the next he's getting hit by a razor leaf attack.

Blog Entries
    Not that much stronger.
    He straight up destroys Yatsuhashi and Coco like it's literally no big deal. He's clearly out and out better than them. The only ones who kept up with him were pyrrha and Yang, and both times it's clearer than day that he was throwing those fights.

If she could run fast enough to make a giant pressure wave strong enough to take out the best student in the school, why didn't she do that?
    Cause her intention was to get away, not fight him. And who's to say he'd even allow it?

You know Mercury's pretty bad about the whole consistency thing as well. One second he's dodging lighting bolts after they've been fired the next he's getting hit by a razor leaf attack.
    One moment he's dodging a super magic attack, the next he's getting hit by a much larger(As in area wise) super magic attack from the same person. You're making up inconsistencies that aren't there.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Lonely Indian's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    PM me
    Uhhh I'm not sure about the inconsistency in power levels, but at least now I know that Medea will likely lose because she's not fast enough to react to attack made by Ruby.

But just to be sure:

Medea managed to block archers arrows which were fast enough to intercept Illya's Magic Hair Swords in her fight against Rin. I don't know how far away Archer was from the forest, but I hope its safe to assume its almost Mach speed.

And I know Medea somehow managed to put up a miserable shield just in time to try and block Archers BP. His NP struck Shirou from 4km away in less than a second in fate hollow. (Roughly 11 Mach apparently if we say it was one second)

So she managed to put up a shield in such a short time frame.

So I guess it falls to how fast can Ruby go (Ruby Speed + Cresent Rose Momentum + Glyphs) and if she slice/break through that shield in one hit. I think she might be able do it?
    Last edited by Lonely Indian; June 26th, 2016 at 08:21 PM. Reason: I SUCK AT MATHS
    FGO Support Line Up

Spoiler: