Page 5190 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 41904690509051405180518551885189519051915192519552005240529056906190 ... LastLast
Results 103,781 to 103,800 of 128225

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonely Indian View Post
    Uhhh I'm not sure about the inconsistency in power levels, but at least now I know that Medea will likely lose because she's not fast enough to react to attack made by Ruby.

But just to be sure:

Medea managed to block archers arrows which were fast enough to intercept Illya's Magic Hair Swords in her fight against Rin. I don't know how far Archer was away from the forest, but I hope its safe to assume its almost Mach speed.

And I know Medea somehow managed to put up a miserable shield just in time to try and block Archers BP. His NP struck Shirou from 4km away in less than a second in fate hollow. (Roughly 700 Mach apparently if we say it was one second)

So she managed to put up a shield in such a short time frame.

So I guess it falls to how fast can Ruby go (Ruby Speed + Cresent Rose Momentum + Glyphs) and if she slice/break through that shield in one hit. I think she might be able do it?
    mach speed is nowhere near that slow.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Lonely Indian's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    PM me
    Thanks I corrected it

- - - Updated - - -

So what do you guys think?
    FGO Support Line Up

Spoiler:

I think there are 3 other members of team rwby that add more pressure to Medea than just Ruby
    I also think their combined firepower should be able to penetrate her defenses
    I also think Weiss' glyph thingies can get her or others to a flying Medea, but if she does go flying shooting seems like a nice option too

I doubt however that the participants will agree on a winner here, though I've had my fun so it's fine

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramen View Post
    Not that much stronger.
    How is he "not that much stronger" when if he wanted he could have literally beaten Yang without ever being touched?

Seriously go check their fight. Once he stops dancing around he demolishes her completely and the only reason she ever gets back up is because he needed her to win.

Seriously, RWBY is actually impressively consistent that the main characters are just "good students" and aside from Pyrrha can't hang out with the real pros when they get serious.

Neo, Mercury, Torchwick and Adam all easily demolished them when push came to shove.

If she could run fast enough to make a giant pressure wave strong enough to take out the best student in the school, why didn't she do that?
    Because she needs to build up the wave and she was in a straightforward corridor and Mercury kicked her out of her dash?
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    How is he "not that much stronger" when if he wanted he could have literally beaten Yang without ever being touched?

Seriously go check their fight. Once he stops dancing around he demolishes her completely and the only reason she ever gets back up is because he needed her to win.
    Emphasis on that, I was saying he wasn't strong enough to be completely unaffected by an attack that knocked down an entire team.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Because she needs to build up the wave and she was in a straightforward corridor and Mercury kicked her out of her dash?
    The first time she did that the "wave" started as soon as she she began running so that's not it. It's more likely that the food fight was just very silly. My point was that Ruby has never displayed abilities like that before or since.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Achilles = You were forced to read the Iliad in high school. Oddessyus was cooler. You still cannot spell Odysseus.

Blog Entries
    Emphasis on that, I was saying he wasn't strong enough to be completely unaffected by an attack that knocked down an entire team.

The first time she did that the "wave" started as soon as she she began running so that's not it. It's more likely that the food fight was just very silly. My point was that Ruby has never displayed abilities like that before or since.
    There's a clear difference in the usage of the attack and just cause it's not shown again doesn't mean she won't do it again. Ruby barely had a fight since then.

Pyrrha before the food fight never showed Magnetism anywhere close to that in her fights. And didn't show any close to it after that. Until Cinder's fight where she outdoes her self by orders of magnitude in terms of her magnetic ability.

Just cause she doesn't do it every fight doesn't mean it's a one off and she'll never do it again. It's like acting like Weiss' abilities in the white trailer are a one off. And then season 3 comes and she does all of it like it's nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't assume ren can't explode heads cause he's not done it since the forest. I just imagine exploding head fist is a move that's not really all that necessary in day to day sparring.

Blog Entries
    My point was that Ruby has never displayed abilities like that before or since.
    You don't want to try to bring that kind of standard into this debate.

Also Ruby's actually demonstrated superspeed literally all the time. If you go by the logic that one needs consistent environmental effects then Medea is utter shit because her spells never actually damage anything, and her barriers never actually block anything.

- - - Updated - - -

In fact the only things she successfully does that don't involve Rule Breaker are:

-Control Shirou, but I guess she only did that kind of thing once so it doesn't count.
    -Negate Rin's spells, which means nothing because RWBY won't shoot magic at her.
    -Fly and teleport.
    -Healing herself after getting wrecked.

So RWBY shoot at her and her barriers that never actually managed to block anything don't do anything and she dies?

I mean, we can go with that if you want.
    Last edited by Siriel; June 26th, 2016 at 09:10 PM.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

I meant her super speed has never been that good at any other point in the series. Though I feel like we're not really going anywhere with this, so maybe we should end this debate here?
    Achilles = You were forced to read the Iliad in high school. Oddessyus was cooler. You still cannot spell Odysseus.

Blog Entries
    Why is Ruby's whole tornado drag thing an issue. It's not like that's the niche of her moveset that we're arguing for. I never really got why that suddenly became the point of contention.

What I'm wondering is why people assume rwby have a chance against caster in the first place. I don't mean to wank Medea or anything but she's a servant who by definition can't be harm by mundane weaponry unless it's magical reinforce right? Second, where is the fight taking place, temple or no temple? Thirdly, would they be able to out maneuver or straight up tank any of caster's spells? Fourthly, members of team rwby have aura which is limited and will eventually run out which will leave them as vulnerable as any human being. Not trying to sound mean but this should be a one-side fight to begin with.
    Es schaeumt das Meer in breiten Fluessen Am tiefen Grund der Felsen auf,
    Und Fels und Meer wird fortgerissen In ewig schnellem Sphaerenlauf.
    Herr, verehren Das sanfte Wandeln deines Tags.
    Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
    Zum Augenblicke duerft ich sagen
    Verweile doch du bist so schon――
    Das Ewig-Weibliche Zieht uns hinan.
    Atziluth――
    Res novae――Also sprach Zarathustra

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I think I know a way to simplify the issue: is Ruby faster than Saber?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenieth View Post
    Why is Ruby's whole tornado drag thing an issue. It's not like that's the niche of her moveset that we're arguing for. I never really got why that suddenly became the point of contention.
    Because in order to do that she would to be moving stupidly fast, and while she's always been fast she's never been that fast. You(Zenieth) and Siriel disagreed and this whole thing continued to spiral out of control.

Blog Entries
    Her being that fast isn't even important. The point is she's stupidly fast compared to everybody else in the team who are stupidly fast.

Yang's the slowest thing around and she punches RPGs out of the air like it's Tuesday.

Her being that fast isn't even important. The point is she's stupidly fast compared to everybody else in the team who are stupidly fast.

Yang's the slowest thing around and she punches RPGs out of the air like it's Tuesday.
    Yes but there's "being really fast" and then there's "take out the enemy by running near them".

Though this whole debate is going nowhere and is kind of off topic so I feel like we should stop.

Please. Just. Stop. It. Now!
    Atziluth――

Blog Entries
    Yes but there's "being really fast" and then there's "take out the enemy by running near them".

Though this whole debate is going nowhere and is kind of off topic so I feel like we should stop.
    Nobody was arguing that Ruby was going to air drag medea into a wall. The argument is Ruby is insanely fast and has the notable strength and speed that the question arises of how is her decapitating Medea not a viable option when Medea's facing her and three other servant level people who are all remarkably fast.

- - - Updated - - -

And I don't know why you lot are getting into your feelings. It's a debate about the viability of a versus that was posted in this thread about versus. It aint like we're discussing the merits of a show's animation budget or something totally unrelated. This is the definition of on topic.

Even though this discussion is going on, shouldn't they be unable to actually harm a servant. I assume servants can't be harm by mundane weaponry?
    Atziluth――

Nobody was arguing that Ruby was going to air drag medea into a wall. The argument is Ruby is insanely fast and has the notable strength and speed that the question arises of how is her decapitating Medea not a viable option when Medea's facing her and three other servant level people who are all remarkably fast.And I don't know why you lot are getting into your feelings. It's a debate about the viability of a versus that was posted in this thread about versus. It aint like we're discussing the merits of a show's animation budget or something totally unrelated. This is the definition of on topic.

I don't believe that Ruby is fast enough to stop someone who can react to servants attacks from teleporting into the air. But you guys do and there isn't really a way prove this one way or the other.

The off topic part was the stuff about how consistent the power levels of a specific series were.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dalorian Riften View Post
    Even though this discussion is going on, shouldn't they be unable to actually harm a servant. I assume servants can't be harm by mundane weaponry?
    We're working under the assumption that weapons powered by the light of someones soul will be able to affect servants.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    The main problem with that is that Ruby won't open with her semblance.

Which means Medea should hsve enough time to get airborne and beamuspam.

Team RWBY still have a shot since they all have long-range weapons, but it'll be much harder.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalorian Riften View Post
    They're kids who use weapons that are fueled by elemental dust/magic and each have powers ranging from time manipulation to Power feedback to elemental clones.

There is absolutely nothing mundane about their power sets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    The main problem with that is that Ruby won't open with her semblance.

Which means Medea should hsve enough time to get airborne and beamuspam.

Team RWBY still have a shot since they all have long-range weapons, but it'll be much harder.
    What are you talking about? Of course she will, she almost always does unless she's sniping.

Her very first appearance is her using her semblance to jump into the sky as she starts her fight. She's not Sun or Roman.
    Last edited by Zenieth; June 26th, 2016 at 10:30 PM.