Page 5323 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 43234823522352735313531853215322532353245325532853335373542358236323 ... LastLast
Results 106,441 to 106,460 of 128225

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RanonCap View Post
    In seriousness, the question "how much mana does Gil actually need" is probably best answered by "he can pull mana pots out of Gate of Babylon"
    FWIW even Gil is apparantly limited by the max number of prana his body can channel at once though. Ko-Gil is stronger then Gil because he will immediately use whatever objects from the gate will deliver him victory, yet his ability to use the gate is itself limited. As a result you can draw the conclusion that Gil actually does not have a NP that allows him to spend more mana then he can pump at once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    FWIW even Gil is apparantly limited by the max number of prana his body can channel at once though..
    He is like everyone else, but I think canon was talking about refilling reserves rather than increasing max throughput?

Blog Entries
    Ko-Gil can use the GoB, so it's all but certain smaller holes cost less then larger ones
    I'm... not sure if I need to inform the FBI about this post.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    FSF showed that Gil can open GoB far wider than any of his appearances elsewhere. It might be the limitation of the NP itself (which we have yet to see) rather than Gil's body.
    Last edited by mewarmo990; November 7th, 2016 at 08:31 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    He is like everyone else, but I think canon was talking about refilling reserves rather than increasing max throughput?
    I know, I was just making conversation since I don't have anything against Gil has NP mana pots

EDIT: ^ ko-Gil's entry specifically says it's because of his body
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    oh ok, which entry where?

Blog Entries
    You would have to fish it out yourself, I don't speak japanese*, but if you want a paraphrased version, it's something like "because his body has not fully developed, ko-Gil does not have the mana to execute large attacks with the Gate. However, unlike the adult Gilgamesh who fights with pride, child Gil will efficiently identify his opponent's weakness and then attack that as his first move in combat.

as a result, the child gil is probably more dangerious then the adult, despite his limitations."

*nearly said derp, but I caught myself. Praise me.

Blog Entries
    A popularity contest comment maybe? I forget which one.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    oh wow I haven't read that

though I guess loss of 慢心 arrogance makes snese

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    oh wow I haven't read that

though I guess loss of 慢心 arrogance makes snese
     24位はあの人の幼年期、理想の王様・子ギルきゅん。きゅんって言うな。
     金髪赤目でネコ科……というと某真祖の姫を思い出します。ネコアルクとも仲良さそうだな実際。(あやつの 思考回路では金持ち=全面降伏ゆえ)
     子供状態だと魔力がいまいち低いので宝具を大量には呼び出せませんが、その代わりにうまく使いこなします 。つまりスキル・慢心がない。……ちょっと待て。こいつ、子供の方が強くないか……!?

Blog Entries
    This is just me guessing, so don't get mad if I am wrong, but if you want to go looking for it, I think it might have been the character poll that came out in regards to HA. I could be wrong, but I remember at the time thinking it made sense because in hanafuda, adult Gil makes use of EA and the gate, but it's actually ko-Gil whose primary weapon is "All Seeing Eye".

EDIT: ooooooooor McJon could execute some kind of super snipe and skip ahead to posting it. Thanks for the headshot, mcjon

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
     24位はあの人の幼年期、理想の王様・子ギルきゅん。きゅんって言うな。
     金髪赤目でネコ科……というと某真祖の姫を思い出します。ネコアルクとも仲良さそうだな実際。(あやつの 思考回路では金持ち=全面降伏ゆえ)
     子供状態だと魔力がいまいち低いので宝具を大量には呼び出せませんが、その代わりにうまく使いこなします 。つまりスキル・慢心がない。……ちょっと待て。こいつ、子供の方が強くないか……!?
    Good stuff, thanks!

Blog Entries
    Though he's not actually more powerful because he's just a 星3!

Blog Entries
    Any chance on a quick summary just so I know I didn't somehow completely misremember the quote?

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Any chance on a quick summary just so I know I didn't somehow completely misremember the quote?
    have the whole thing

In 24th place is that guy in his childhood, the ideal king Kid Gil-kyun. Don't call him "kyun."
    Blond hair and red cat eyes... which recalls a certain True Ancestor princess. Honestly, he seems like he'd get along well with Neco-Arc. (because her thought pattern is "rich people = total supremacy")
    His magical energy is somewhat low in his child form, so he cannot summon large numbers of Noble Phantasms, but in exchange he wields them skillfully. In other words, he lacks the Skill: Arrogance. ...Wait, doesn't that make the child version stronger!?
    Last edited by mewarmo990; November 7th, 2016 at 08:58 PM.

King Arthur being based on a female king hiding her gender is also based on a fringe theory.

Nasu fucking loves those.
    isn't King arthur a female because Takuechi just wanted to draw a girl in a armour or something like that? i'm sure it was stated in a interview

Blog Entries
    Perfect. Ok, cool thanks.

...not to pat myself on the back and all, but for a half remembered quote I read like a year ago I pulled out of my ass, you gotta admit, I was pretty close!

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Roxas View Post
    isn't King arthur a female because Takuechi just wanted to draw a girl in a armour or something like that? i'm sure it was stated in a interview
    Well, yes and no. See, they needed saber to be female because their only success was an H VN and they needed FSN to not flop. That said, the idea that some of the legend of King Arthur came from a female war leader isn't farfetched. If you don't believe me, check some of the older descriptions of the king, he is usually described as elfin, Fay, slight, more bueatiful then handsome, in contrast to his manly and broad shouldered knights.

way back when I first read fate, I actually wasn't to surprised at her being King Arthur because I had actually heard that idea.

"Saber is totally Joan of Arc, guys!"
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Saber (Shirou stats) vs Jeanne
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

JP Friend Code
    "lol kys"