Page 5400 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 44004900530053505390539553985399540054015402540554105450550059006400 ... LastLast
Results 107,981 to 108,000 of 128225

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperversum View Post
    Now I had some things, exactly for this reason.
    I'm just saying that among all the heroes who did incredile deeds, even without giving a fuck about half-gods, there is no one better?

This is what I meant by "Sasaki-wanking".
    It's because he devoted his entire life to refining his sword skill far beyond the realm of any practical use because life in the mountains is really boring and he had literally nothing better to do than swing a sword around all day. But he's still not as good as sword saints like Masamune who are so good at swords they can do stuff like tsubame gaeshi and causality reversal with their bare hands. Sasaki is a hack.

Blog Entries
    Masamune is a thing now? GO must have branched out
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    It's because he devoted his entire life to refining his sword skill far beyond the realm of any practical use because life in the mountains is really boring and he had literally nothing better to do than swing a sword around all day. But he's still not as good as sword saints like Masamune who are so good at swords they can do stuff like tsubame gaeshi and causality reversal with their bare hands. Sasaki is a hack.
    Wasn't Masamune a smith?

Anyway, to be clear, I'm not saying that Sasaki is weak at fighting with a sword, I'm just saying that...
    Hell, that in the entire myths of human history there isn't a better swordsman that a martial artist who learned a single thing?

With half-gods, various super-humans and so on? This is my point. People who ACTUALLY used their skills and refined them in true fighting?

It's like chess, you don't improve your general ability by trying a single thing, because the real deal is different by alone training.

TL;DR Sasaki didn't actually do shit in his life, only learned one attack that in practice could not work as expected, because situation can be different.
    In SN without his position he wouldn't be able to defend himself from someone like Cu, without bringing in Herc.
    Last edited by Hyperversum; February 7th, 2017 at 11:15 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Masamune is a thing now? GO must have branched out
    It was in an interview question or a Q&A or smth, probably one of the UBW ones
    Though I fully expect it to filter into GO at some point

It was in an interview question or a Q&A or smth, probably one of the UBW ones
    Though I fully expect it to filter into GO at some point
    Just as I expected Musashi to be an old samurai, sigh.

Blog Entries
    Wasn't Masamune a smith?

Anyway, to be clear, I'm not saying that Sasaki is weak at fighting with a sword, I'm just saying that...
    Hell, that in the entire myths of human history there isn't a better swordsman that a martial artist who learned a single thing?

With half-gods, various super-humans and so on? This is my point. People who ACTUALLY used their skills and refined them in true fighting?

It's like chess, you don't improve your general ability by trying a single thing, because the real deal is different by alone training.

TL;DR Sasaki didn't actually do shit in his life, only learned one attack that in practice could not work as expected, because situation can be different.
    In SN without his position he wouldn't be able to defend himself from someone like Cu, without bringing in Herc.
    The Nasuverse is an RPG so actually you can improve your general ability by doing one thing as long as you grind hard enough and dump all your skill points into one aptitude

The Nasuverse is an RPG so actually you can improve your general ability by doing one thing as long as you grind hard enough and dump all your skill points into one aptitude
    I would even agree, but that doesn't seem like the case. Seriously speaking, he spent ALL his life doing one thing. Not even against a proper enemy.
    It's like if in some rpg you keep farming from level 1 to 100 in the starting area. You don't seriously proceed, because you don't learn anything new if you think about your real level.

He was able to git gud in this way, but someone like Lancelot who fought for real has for sure an higher skill cap.

US Friend Code
    Or pay lucrative amounts of money...
    Last edited by Iceblade44; February 7th, 2017 at 11:59 AM.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Blog Entries
    I would even agree, but that doesn't seem like the case. Seriously speaking, he spent ALL his life doing one thing. Not even against a proper enemy.
    It's like if in some rpg you keep farming from level 1 to 100 in the starting area. You don't seriously proceed, because you don't learn anything new if you think about your real level.

He was able to git gud in this way, but someone like Lancelot who fought for real has for sure an higher skill cap.
    Cept Lancelot doesn't cause we know Kojiro just that good.

Lancelot didn't need to be reality-defying, he just had to be better than everyone else he met. Besides, that real fighting you mention does not involve unreachable peaks of weapon skill, it involves swinging beams at each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by ほうれん草 View Post
    STOP SHOOTING EACH OTHER YOU FUCKERS

I'm trying to watch anime FFS

Blog Entries
    Gilgamesh: pay2win
    Gawain: spin2win
    Kojiro: live2win

My problem (because clearly it's mine lol) is that I'm not able to understand how this makes him the "best swordsman".

If we want to be somehow precise, I don't think that the real nameless martial artist broke reality swingning a sword. That level of TG is reached during his existence as a Servant, just as God Hand.

Anyway I don't know if that part of history had knight spamming magical beams at each other, or the legends would have considered that little part lol.

P.S. Maybe it's just a little problem of mine being a swordsman and by my 6 years practice I am able to tell that going on swining a sword in the same way doesn't improve your skill at fighting another opponent.

It's like doing only the movement of archery against real shooting.
    Last edited by Hyperversum; February 7th, 2017 at 11:42 AM.

Well you see, Kojiro's answer to the problem of not being able to hit a swallow is to git gud.

Arturia's answer to the problem of being inferior in sword skill to Kojiro is alternately "ranged attack time" and "fuck your sword, get bent".

It's the difference in mindset.
    Quote Originally Posted by ほうれん草 View Post
    STOP SHOOTING EACH OTHER YOU FUCKERS

I'm trying to watch anime FFS

Blog Entries
    I don't think that the real nameless martial artist broke reality swingning a sword.
    He did. In fact, that's essentially the only reason he was picked to play the role of "Kojiro" in the first place.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    But that's a single form of attack. Ok, it represents his huge skill, but, hell, he did only that in all his life. Do we want to go around checking what those various others heroes did? Honestly, it is a misconception of what swordsmanship is.
    Sure but we know that his sword skill on the whole is on NP level, not only Tsubame gaeshi

その果てにサーヴァントの宝具が備える神秘と互角の剣技を得るに至った。

Oh, dear. It doesn't seem to be talking about Tsubame Gaeshi. It seems to be talking about his sword technique in general. Tsubame Gaeshi is just sort of the culmination of all that.
    No, see, you're not really getting it. We all know Sasaki has no NP, but what's reached that level is "his skill with the sword". Tsubame Gaeshi is his best technique, but it's more or less just an expression of that transcendent skill.
    Last edited by castor212; February 7th, 2017 at 11:58 AM.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Quote Originally Posted by Desuclocker View Post
    Well you see, Kojiro's answer to the problem of not being able to hit a swallow is to git gud.

Arturia's answer to the problem of being inferior in sword skill to Kojiro is alternately "ranged attack time" and "fuck your sword, get bent".

It's the difference in mindset.
    A bit easy when you just break reality when actually you didn't even exist.

Anyway, what I would call experience is only that Istinct, the difference between practice and difference.
    I learned it on my skin lol.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That level of TG is reached during his existence as a Servant, just as God Hand.
    Im pretty sure that in the VN it was described as a technique he gained during his life as a human.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

He did. In fact, that's essentially the only reason he was picked to play the role of "Kojiro" in the first place.
    I am kinda sure I read something about "he succeded in that but didn't break reality". Also because fucking Magic doesn't start just by believing a lot in it, or not?

I am still at the part of the Nasuverse of people doing huge rituals to reach the Root.

How stupid, you just should believe a lot in it and swing something!

But to be honest, I should check. I have this memory, but I wouldn't bet 5 bucks on it.
    Last edited by Hyperversum; February 7th, 2017 at 11:52 AM.

Blog Entries
    It's specifically the fact that he mastered swallow reversal in life that allows him to become a suitable replacement for sasaki kojiro. That is explicit in the VN
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    It's specifically the fact that he mastered swallow reversal in life that allows him to become a suitable replacement for sasaki kojiro. That is explicit in the VN
    I would have lost my 5 bucks.
    Thank you sir, I should work on my memory one of these days lol.

Just hope that some guys in the Nasuverse don't learn about this, or Fuyuki is gonna be full of wizards swinging some real katanas trying to cut the time-space axis.
    Last edited by Hyperversum; February 7th, 2017 at 11:55 AM.