Page 5407 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 44074907530753575397540254055406540754085409541254175457550759076407 ... LastLast
Results 108,121 to 108,140 of 128222

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    a beamu-like non-beamu
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    If it looks like a beamu and shoots like a beamu, it...?
    well strictly speaking excalibur is a slash soooo
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    well strictly speaking excalibur is a slash soooo
    Excalibur is like the defining example of beamu. If it isn't, then nothing is.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    so calling Shinsengumi NP is not canon?
    Flag of Sincerity seems pretty canon. So I guess that's a factor as well. That said, Musashi Beamu could probably mow down most of the Shinsengumi.

祖 Ancestor
    Scathach beats Karna, no doubt.

Cu Alter vs Achilles could go either way. Might side with Cu cuz of that EX strength CC and crazy regen.

if it's servant Scathach don't think she'd have a way to bypass Karna's armour. He has no reason to use VS when he can outdo her in melee. My money is on Karna

Until Koyama comes in and wank his waifu's Primal Rune to the max

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    if it's servant Scathach don't think she'd have a way to bypass Karna's armour. He has no reason to use VS when he can outdo her in melee. My money is on Karna

In pure fighting skill, which one is better?

I dont think we know very much about Scathach's fighting other than that she doesnt like fistfighting.

Karna's ridiculous in melee if Apo is any indication.

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Surely Karna has amazing strenght that can pierce Sumanai's armor. But Scathach....

Well technically you don't have to pierce his armour at all if you're Just That Good
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

祖 Ancestor

Scathach matched Cu Alter's Gae Bolg which kinda shredded Karna's armor like paper. Think she's good in that department.

Wouldn't even matter cuz of Gate of Skye. Karna gets thrown into the LoS and drained like crazy.

Blog Entries
    PrimalRune felt more and more like GoB at this point due to us not knowing its exact limitation. At least GoB's is pretty defined.

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Scathach can throw someone to someplace? I don't even know that

Didn't Karna lose his armor by activating VS by the time Cu Alter GB him? Or are you talking about some other event?

Edit: Wait nevermind I think I remembered wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronove View Post
    Scathach matched Cu Alter's Gae Bolg which kinda shredded Karna's armor like paper. Think she's good in that department.

Wouldn't even matter cuz of Gate of Skye. Karna gets thrown into the LoS and drained like crazy.
    She matched Gae Bolg because they are the same NP and they cancelled out each other. Against other people Cu Alter's GB is better. Read their fight first

She got hitted while channeling Gate of Skye by Cu Alter meaning anyone can do the same if they're fast and skill enough, also you have to fail the check to get thrown into Land of Shadow. If you dont get thrown you only take damage which is nothing to Karna. Read FGO Mats 1 first

祖 Ancestor
    She matched Gae Bolg because they are the same NP and they cancelled out each other.
    In other words they have the same type of power else Cu would have overpowered her...obviously. Scathach was relatively even with Cu in their fight but admitted she would have lost eventually and resorted to the gate. Not counting CC.

She got hitted while channeling Gate of Skye by Cu Alter meaning anyone can do the same if they're fast and skill enough also you have to fail the check to get thrown into Land of Shadow. If you dont get thrown you only take damage which is nothing to Karna. Read FGO Mats 1 first
    This is true but what makes you think Karna is gud enough? Cu was able to manage this because CC ups his strength stat massively allowing him to OHKO (Scathach was also taken by surprise because it was a technique she didn't know he had) but he even failed at that seeing as Scathach was able to escape. Karna on the other hand was killed by a weaker Noble Phantasm.

As far as I can see, nothing short of VS has a chance of putting Scathach down and that isn't without its own activation requirements.

Karna's luck stat varies thanks to Extella so i dunno, pick one. Even if he survives the insta-kill, he loses mana which is pretty damning given he's one of the biggest sinks among servants. No idea where you're getting someone who fails GoS' check "only" takes damage if you read the mats.

There's plenty enough to place Scathach on Karna's level at least.
    Last edited by Ronove; February 9th, 2017 at 04:17 AM.

In other words they have the same type of power else Cu would have overpowered her...obviously. Scathach was relatively even with Cu in their fight but admitted she would have lost eventually and resorted to the gate. Not counting CC.
    They don't have the "same power". They are the same spear but Cu Alter's spears have the reverse causality and effect and heart piercing because it's a skill he developed for himself. Scathach does not. They only cancelled out each other because the spear Scathach gave Cu is essentially the same as the one she uses. But as Noble Phantasm they're different in both power and ability.

This is true but what makes you think Karna is gud enough? Cu was able to manage this because CC ups his strength stat massively allowing him to OHKO (Scathach was also taken by surprise because it was a technique she didn't know he had) but he even failed at that seeing as Scathach was able to escape. Karna on the other hand was killed by a weaker Noble Phantasm.
    Because Karna was hit while he was fighting someone else, giving him no chance to either dodge or retaliation or offset its power. GB is B++, it's not exactly weaker than Curruid Coinchenn. Curruid Coinchenn doesn't have fire power, it just up your strength by 1 notch. Scathach was killed by Cu's normal attack buffed by the armour.

Karna has tanked A+ NP without any damage in Apoc.

As far as I can see, nothing short of VS has a chance of putting Scathach down and that isn't without its own activation requirements.
    Brahmastra Kundala is an A+ ranked NP

Brahmastra is an A ranked NP

He has plenty of way to put her down if all it takes was CC from Cu to take out 90% of her innards. She isn't tanky like Siegfried

In melee she has nothing to bypass his armour and he can buttfuck her because his attack is a-ranked and he can use prana burst flame.

There's plenty enough to place Scathach on Karna's level at least.
    She's all hype, no substance. She hasn't done anything impressive aside from killing skeletons in her trial quest, turning female servants to different class with runes, deflecting arjuna's arrow firing at Robin and jobbing to Cu Alter

Blog Entries
    inb4 godslayer turns out to be OP enough for narration reason to git gud against KK

- - - Updated - - -

tbf tho, isnt Sca pwned by CC more because surprise factor rather than the NP itself

- - - Updated - - -

iirc

God Slayer only gives her a plus modifier against Divinity. So her attack becomes B+ instead of B

祖 Ancestor
    They don't have the "same power". They are the same spear but Cu Alter's spears have the reverse causality and effect and heart piercing because it's a skill he developed for himself. Scathach does not. They only cancelled out each other because the spear Scathach gave Cu is essentially the same as the one she uses. But as Noble Phantasm they're different in both power and ability.
    I am not speaking of power as in skill, I mean straight up power as in brute strength.

I'll say it again. If Cu could have overpowered Scathach with Gae Bolg, that's what would have happened. What did happen was that they were equal to each other when clashing. Scathach's NP = Cu Alter's NP in that regard. That's enough to bypass Karna's armor.

Because Karna was hit while he was fighting someone else, giving him no chance to either dodge or retaliation or offset its power. GB is B++, it's not exactly weaker than Curruid Coinchenn. Curruid Coinchenn doesn't have fire power, it just up your strength by 1 notch. Scathach was killed by Cu's normal attack buffed by the armour.
    Where are you going with this? I never said Cu Alter would just steamroll Karna in a fight, its clear that it was cheap but that potshot doesn't offset Cu's ability to blow out Karna's armor. I'm comparing strict durability where both Scathach and Karna were hit dead on. Scathach took a stronger version and survived, Karna...didn't.

Currid Coinchenn is Cu Alter's most powerful noble phantasm and hyped by Scathach to be capable of destroying the world. Hyperbole no doubt but the clear indication is that its far beyond his other abilities. Kinda why its his main Noble Phantasm and the one he resorted to when he realized he was about to get tossed into the gate.

Have no idea how you intend to sleep on EX rank strength. It also failed to kill her which is the reason she's around for the rest of the order to give Li a boner like no other. Are you sure YOU read that fight?

Karna has tanked A+ NP without any damage in Apoc.
    What does this matter? Rankings are not absolute categories for different kinds of Noble Phantasm.

Tesla has an EX NP and combined it with Edison's in order to take down a single demon pillar as I recall. Arjuna's NP is lower ranked and took down 48 (?)

Tesla >>> Arjuna?

Brahmastra Kundala is an A+ ranked NP

Brahmastra is an A ranked NP
    Different name, Same mechanics. Nukes that aren't going to work because Karna's screwed by intense mana drain and Scathach can just move into GoS herself to avoid taking damage.

He has plenty of way to put her down if all it takes to beat her was the strongest technique from the same guy who one-shotted him.
    Makes sense.

She's all hype, no substance.

Kills divine spirits so hard that she nearly became one.

Cu tells Arjuna to back off because he has no chance in a fight against her.

Proves it by taking an attack Karna would have zero chance of withstanding.

>All hype

Okay there. I can see this is going through downplay avenue it so I'll stop here for now.
    Last edited by Ronove; February 9th, 2017 at 04:44 AM.