Page 5449 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 4449494953495399543954445447544854495450545154545459549955495949 ... LastLast
Results 108,961 to 108,980 of 128222

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AvengerEmiya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Yeah, the ancient Hindu myths in particular read like a kids' game of constantly one-upping everyone else's Infinity+1 Everything-proof swords and bows.
    Dude, they took it further than that. They literally had a fucking ranking system.

Rathi: They could take on an army of 5,000 by themselves, and were still bottom-tier. Essentially, the Hindi Yamchas to the Gokus and Vegetas (Karna and Arjuna).
    Atirathi: Could take 12 Rathi-tier fighters, and an army of 60,000.
    Maharathi: Could take 12 Atirathi-tier fighters, and an army of 720,000. This is also where Karna, Arjuna, and Rama were by the way (though Karna is actually equal to two Maharathi).
    Atimaharathi: Could take on 12 Maharathi, and who could use all of Trimurti's ultimate-omega-ultimate trinity weapons. There are only two: Parasurama the sixth avatar of Vishnu, and Indrajit the son of Ravana who kicked Rama's ass twice, and who Rama's brother had to use hax to beat, because Indrajit was OP even by Hindu mythology standards.
    Mahamaharathi: God-tier. Literally. Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva, Durga, Ganesha, and Kartikeya are here.

If Journey to the West is the main inspiration for Dragon Ball, Hindu mythology is the main inspiration for Dragon Ball Z and everything that came after it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andaeus View Post
    Oh, fun! How often does a story actually leave the Idea Thread?
    Fate/Grand Order Doujins That Don't Suck [Updated: 3/2]

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Powerlevels

The Evil of Humanity Hath Mainfested
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    If you ever get to the point where you're considering linking to a tumblr to support your argument just preemptively concede imo

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    None of the world's ancient cultures ever gave a shit about determining "power levels" in their own mythologies*

[...]

*Fun fact: most of the supposed "hierarchies" of gods in ancient mythology were actually an invention of Victorians
    i n c o r r e c t

JP Friend Code
    My fav part of the tumblr posts is the fact that there are 0 sources, just some rando being really passive aggressive about something

<%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Magikewl View Post
    My fav part of the tumblr posts is the fact that there are 0 sources, just some rando being really passive aggressive about something
    same
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Magikewl View Post
    Approximately half the time I spend on my classics Tumblr is spent either sourcing something that some else has said, or providing sources which demonstrate the exact opposite of what they've said.

It induces both exhaustion and a tremendous amount of smug self-regard.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    If you ever get to the point where you're considering linking to a tumblr to support your argument just preemptively concede imo
    ...W-well, it's better then citing a visual novel like you guys do! *shot*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CanonRap View Post
    Have to say, I know this is intended as some passive-aggressive insult or whatever, but I actually really like how you formatted my text. Makes it look all snazzy and official-like.

Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Same but with TLs

- - - Updated - - -

ekusu dee
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    e: think of it this way. If you clothesline a wrestler who's running at you, it's going to hurt him because of the resistance your arm provides. Then you try to clothesline an elephant charging at you (thrown harder/faster). Your arm isn't going to do shit.
    I see, I see. Thanks for explaining!

I don't think Blandguy McBoringpowers has fans rabid enough that they'll ocme at you over that.
    What are you talking about? He's a very compelling character when well-written!

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Well TBF in Super SSB Goku gets injured by a laser pistol because Power Levels Are Bullshit, [...]
    That's more the result of a conceptual shift between the original arcs (up to Goku's fight with Piccolo Jr.) and the later ones ("Z" and "Super").
    I mean, power levels ARE bullshit, but more because of how arbitrary they are than by virtue of being outright meaningless.

Approximately half the time I spend on my classics Tumblr is spent either sourcing something that some else has said, or providing sources which demonstrate the exact opposite of what they've said.
    Your tumblr rocks. 'Nuff said.

Blog Entries
    I have never felt more compelled to call all of you lot gigantic fucking nerds more than I do right now.

This is after all a "fucking nerds" forum

Blog Entries
    Nah, I'd call it a "fucking weeb" forum.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenieth View Post
    fucking nerds
    Now now, Gally won't like it if you keep ripping off their shtick.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    I've already accepted weebdom

pretty much anyone here is

about Servants that can handle multiple Servants, are the main canon examples Gilles, Ramses, Herk, and Dracula?

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    This is, after all, the essence of what it means to be British.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    He's literally a less interesting, less well written, more wanked Captain America. I honestly don't see how that's possible.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post

You realize that implies that he's usually NOT well written, right?

also, any character who has the power of "super knitting" in canon is bad. Unless it's a comic exclusively about knitting. And even then, you're pushing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    He's literally a less interesting, less well written, more wanked Captain America. I honestly don't see how that's possible.
    Forget the whole "Truth, Justice and the American way" schtick, it's from one of the older adaptations - the radio show, I think? - which caught on in the public's consciousness but was rarely, if ever, really a part of the character. Superman is about power and the responsibilities thereof - both the responsibility to use it (Golden Age Superman, for instance, acted without care or consideration for laws in order to enact justice), and the responsibility to not use it (one of Superman's main fears in the last two decades or so is that he would either make humanity dependent on him to the point they'd stop trying to better themselves, or he would go too far and set himself up as a "benevolent dictator").

That said, I'm feeling a bit hypocritical because I like the character more for the concept than for the actual stories, although I blame DC's editorial line for that: most of the stories I would recommend as great Superman stories (and which are also fun to read, of course) are stories from outside the main continuity, where writers can truly explore the character without worrying about next month's issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    You realize that implies that he's usually NOT well written, right?
    Oh, that was intentional. :-)

also, any character who has the power of "super knitting" in canon is bad. Unless it's a comic exclusively about knitting. And even then, you're pushing it.
    Bah, that's just the Silver Age habit of adding "super" to anything so it becomes a "superpower"! He's just using superspeed to knit really fast. Writers did the same thing for Martian Manhunter, adding "martian" to everything.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, but the problem is that it's canon. He can do literally anything, which makes him, almost by definition, boring. Every situation is just a matter of what 'super-[blank]' gets depicted

also I'd like to see a feature length film of Strongman v The Helicopter

also, people tend to forget that 'justice' is subjective
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?