Page 5479 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 4479497953795429546954745477547854795480548154845489552955795979 ... LastLast
Results 109,561 to 109,580 of 128225

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirtodyle View Post
    Jeanne does exorcise Jack later on but all her standard seems to do to Darnicula is ward him off rather than actually hurt him. I can buy Karna being a sun demigod not having an effect on him, and I can sorta buy his Prana Burst not being super effective even if it's something he presumably gets by being a sun demigod, but it just seems weird that a guy who has sunlight attached to his skin wouldn't weaken a vampire.

But that's more gripes with the fight itself than a versus debate. It's mostly just to give context to the opinion that LoD Vlad isn't some kind of insane monster that wrecks 6 Servants at once, since again, no one but him could use an NP.

E: I guess an exorcism may not have worked on him, but I still feel like the fight was fairly heavily skewed towards making Darnicula look fantastic so that it'd make Amakusa look even better when he curbstomped him.
    My guess was that now of them was in ideal situation to use their NP, lets break it down.

Karna - Bramaestra has a very big range so it makes sense he wouldn't use it in such a confined place and not only that but in his own base. The fight also wasn't that desperate enough for him the VS

Avicebron - He didn't have his completed, also he didn't really have any combat abilities other than the golems he was using.

Achilles - He doesn't have any offensively strong NPs other than his chariot, so that counts him out.

Atalanta - She has already used her NP two times before so there could have been some energy constraints, also the fact she was also in a closed in room also limits it since it comes from the sky.

Chiron - similar situation to Atalanta in that needs access to sky,

Jeanne - Her's is a defensive barrier not something to attack.

That's what I think was the circumstances about it anyway, I could be wrong on a few things and in retrospect this is really just excuses than hard facts.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    is the super strong, no longer Servant but monster now who can physically handle several servants at once LoD Vlad in Apo vol 2 the result of only LoD, or Darnic fusing with Vlad have something to do with it?
    "Physically handle" is a generous estimate, I'd say. Not that Dracula was weak, but the thing about him, if I recall it correctly, is that the other Servants were having trouble preventing him from reaching the Grail, thanks to his regeneration, shapeshifting, ability to spam stakes from his body, and yes, even his physical power, which was enhanced - just not to such an extent as you seem to imply.

Yeah, it mostly comes down to the fact that the one time we see LoD in action in Apocrypha, it's in a situation where the lose-condition is "Darnicula gets past us" rather than "Darnicula kills us" and none of the opposing Servants are in a position to use their NPs. I'm of the opinion that it's not an instant win button, but that's just my take from what I know about it.

That being said, I'd probably give it to Iskandar if only because the sun is beating down on the desert in the IH, so Vlad's kinda fucked inside it.

US Friend Code
    True, didn't consider that
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    oh yeah IH was pretty sunny

lol ok nvm then
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

You guys need to reread again. Karna flame and Jeanne's Flag do have effect on Vlad. It's just that Karna never bother to go full all out like he did in Vol 5 against Sieg, and for some reason Jeanne's flag is a scrub equipment compared to Black Keys against Vampire

Blog Entries
    but stil, everybody fighting vlad got a boost from Jeanne's CS and physcailly, even taking NP out of account, they're still pretty desperate against him since they cant turtle against him

mm this is kinda murky

also, Altaris, wasnt kotoshirou Black Keys described as abnormal? Jeanne's flag was doing pretty fine against Vlad, repelling his attacks and systematically cornering him, (or smth along the lines), and after Vlad ran to the GG, he thought that the Black Keys Shirou is using is way stronger than normal Black Keys.
    Last edited by castor212; June 13th, 2017 at 01:25 AM.

Yeah the ones used by Amakusa were stronger than normal Black Keys.

Blog Entries
    yeah so i guess its not that her flag is scrub. more like shirou's black keys is legendary equipment

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Well Black Keys get stronger depending on the faith of the person using them and the person they're used on right?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AvengerEmiya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Kojiro vs Yoda
    Quote Originally Posted by Andaeus View Post
    Oh, fun! How often does a story actually leave the Idea Thread?
    Fate/Grand Order Doujins That Don't Suck [Updated: 3/2]

Blog Entries
    Well let's see, kojiro has a massive speed advantage...but that's all he has. Even if you argue he is a better swordsman, which itself is kind of debateable, yoda has hundreds of years of experience. A light saber would devestate kojiro's weapon and it would be unlikely for kojiro to get a speed blitz kill on yoda due to his mastery of the force...which on that note, even if you bring in the "can be actually kill a servant" aspect, it's pretty likely yoda actually could. The force would very likely work on a servant.

so...yeah, surprisingly simple victory for yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's nice to see a Star Wars versus that for once doesn't bring in the absolutely ludicrous feats present in the expanded universe. Seriously, between stuff like mind-controlling entire planets full of people at once and destroying entire starships, I've seriously come across people citing expanded materials (all of dubious canonicity) to argue that Luke or Darth Vader should be able to absolutely curbstomp Arturia (for example) without question.

Blog Entries
    Isn't Yoda that puppet that lives in a swamp and slowly lifted a small spaceship with his mind once? Did he do something impressive somewhere? I've only seen the OT.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asunder View Post
    Well Black Keys get stronger depending on the faith of the person using them and the person they're used on right?
    ish
    However, a crucifix will only be effective on vampires that were originally Christians. If the official religion when they were human wasn't Catholicism, it becomes much more difficult for the crucifix to generate an effect.
    On the other hand, if the vampire used to be a Christian, then even if the human under attack is not a believer the crucifix will have an effect on its own.
    Of course, it goes without saying that the effect will be greatest if they are both believers.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    RIP Vlad lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    ish
    That's actually really interesting. Reminds me of stuff my dad and I used to joke about on whether crucifixes would work on vampires that weren't Christian. I guess a Jewish vampire would be immune to crucifixes but weak to, say, a star of David instead? Makes me wonder if an atheist vampire could be scorched by a copy of Bertrand Russell's History Of Western Philosophy...

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ciel vs Amakusa
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Amakusa's fairly third rate, but iirc his physical stats are all Cs so I think he's stronger than her. Circuit hacking should let him copy or neutralize any of Roa's spells. Assuming the win condition is just to kill her temporarily I'd say Amakusa takes it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    if Ciel is "can fight defensively against Servants." Then Amakusa is "can fight defensively against A rank Servants" the Servant.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.