Page 5496 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 4496499653965446548654915494549554965497549855015506554655965996 ... LastLast
Results 109,901 to 109,920 of 128225

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaldeluxe View Post
    Iirc they're weaker, but there's more of them
    Difficult, but doable, then.

Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Dendera can be fired inside the temple, yeah.
    Oh. In that case, never mind.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tamamo would be annihilated lol, don't make ozy kill his little sister
    3 tails should be able to do it tho. Stats OP.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tamamo would be annihilated lol, don't make ozy kill his little sister
    Why? She's squishy (although not as squishy as, say, Medea or the Hassans, going by the "CCC" manga), but has powerful magic. I do agree that I don't see her being able to block the Dendera beams AND fight the beasts AND reach Ozymandias, but if it weren't for the beams, I could see her winning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Maybe Cu will be lucky, and being owned by a half Divine Spirit will be enough to count?
    I think Scáthach wasn't semi-Divine yet at the time she gave Cú Chulainn the spear, though.

But Iceblade raised an interesting point: can magic somehow break the seal? I mean, didn't Brynhild use Paracelsus' Philosopher's Stone exactly for that?

US Friend Code
    I don't think so since she was able to do stuff since she was a former god.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    whos to say saberlot dont have his KoO tho
    I'm sure he does, I'm just not sure if his stats are enough to use it against Rama
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Why? She's squishy (although not as squishy as, say, Medea or the Hassans, going by the "CCC" manga), but has powerful magic. I do agree that I don't see her being able to block the Dendera beams AND fight the beasts AND reach Ozymandias, but if it weren't for the beams, I could see her winning.
    Poison that even debilitates EX Poison Resistance Arash, shitton of Phantasmal Beasts, giant laser beams, and even if we pretend that doesn't kill everyone's favorite underdog fox then there's Ozy who has her number physically and can still fry her with Mesektet. Also beams.
    But Iceblade raised an interesting point: can magic somehow break the seal? I mean, didn't Brynhild use Paracelsus' Philosopher's Stone exactly for that?
    The Philosopher's Stone isn't a spell, it's a Noble Phantasm made of the same photonic crystal as the Moon Cell that analyzes Noble Phantasms and counters them Uomo Universale-style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    It's all about stats. She lacks stats with just 1 tail. Knowing that her corpse was oozing poison capable of killing anything coming nearby, she might know how to counter the poison, but her stats are shitty and that won't help her against the beasts and beamu. She's a 1shot wonder.

Only at 3 tails (or more) then it's a different story, because if she is as strong as 7 A-ranked servants (without NPs) combined, she can deal with the beasts, the beamus and Ozy himself.

Inactive
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    It's all about stats. She lacks stats with just 1 tail. Knowing that her corpse was oozing poison capable of killing anything coming nearby, she might know how to counter the poison, but her stats are shitty and that won't help her against the beasts and beamu. She's a 1shot wonder.

Only at 3 tails (or more) then it's a different story, because if she is as strong as 7 A-ranked servants (without NPs) combined, she can deal with the beasts, the beamus and Ozy himself.
    wait what... stronger than 7 servants? That's insane, it's far stronger than Gil who is approximately 4 servants (via 30% Arcueid comparison)

Now, this is interesting... 30% Arcueid vs Ozzy

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries

how does the math works with her tail again
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Tepanyakigo View Post
    wait what... stronger than 7 servants? That's insane, it's far stronger than Gil who is approximately 4 servants (via 30% Arcueid comparison
    Not just average servants but A-ranked servants, those like Artoria, Ozy or Gawain without their NPs being considered. I just mention it because FGO had her at 3 tails max as a playable servant. The formula is that if an A-rank servant (without NP) is 100 power then 1 tail Tamamo is 9 and because of that she's very weak. But growing an additional tail will multiply her stats by 9 so she has 81 with 2 tails then 729 at 3 tails, which is equal to 7 A-ranked servants. With 9 tails it's 387,420,489 so about 3,8 millions A-ranked servants...

祖 Ancestor
    Without NPs probably makes that less impressive than it should since most of a servant's power is generally reliant on them.

Wouldn't be surprised if Artoria could fight off 7 versions of herself if she could beamu off the bat and they couldn't.
    Last edited by Ronove; July 1st, 2017 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tepanyakigo View Post
    wait what... stronger than 7 servants? That's insane, it's far stronger than Gil who is approximately 4 servants (via 30% Arcueid comparison)

Now, this is interesting... 30% Arcueid vs Ozzy
    Gilgamesh is stated to have the firepower of 5 servants.. And it doesnt really matter for ozzy vs arc ,ozzy cant put down arc,but she might be unable to kill him too(dont know how strong are his defenses),dont know every detail about ozzy so sry if i didnt mention something

Not just average servants but A-ranked servants, those like Artoria, Ozy or Gawain without their NPs being considered. I just mention it because FGO had her at 3 tails max as a playable servant. The formula is that if an A-rank servant (without NP) is 100 power then 1 tail Tamamo is 9 and because of that she's very weak. But growing an additional tail will multiply her stats by 9 so she has 81 with 2 tails then 729 at 3 tails, which is equal to 7 A-ranked servants. With 9 tails it's 387,420,489 so about 3,8 millions A-ranked servants...

I still think this is very stupid.. Dont get me wrong i like her as a character but nasu statement on arc having a chance against 9 tail version makes this stupid.. Like considering arc can make it "only" 633.000 servant strength having a chance against something like that is still stupid even if its low.. Granted even that weaker version of arc was hax but thats way to big stat diff... Also didnt know that with 1 tail she is just on 9.. What version do we play with in extella?

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    oh its alsoi on extella

wait wtf its servant convertible
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronove View Post
    Without NPs probably makes that less impressive than it should since most of a servant's power is generally reliant on them.

Wouldn't be surprised if Artoria could fight off 7 versions of herself if she could beamu off the bat and they couldn't.
    Skills can be a huge factor, not just NPs. And there are skills that can even be called NPs.

And it's not that you are fighting 7 Gawains without NPs, you are fighting one single sunbath Gawain but this sun buff multiply all of his stats by 7 times instead of just 3. If you fight a normal Gawain then his defense might not be enough to tank beams or his attack damage won't be enough to kill sphinxes, but if you multiply those values by 7 times then...Gawain with x3 stats was already nigh invulnerable so imagine it at x7 and you get the point.
    Last edited by Lily Emilio; July 1st, 2017 at 01:30 PM.

祖 Ancestor
    Skills can be a huge factor, not just NPs. And there are skills that can even be called NPs.

And it's not that you are fighting 7 Gawains without NPs, you are fighting a sunbath Gawain but this sun buff multiply all of his stats by 7 times instead of 3. If you fight a normal Gawain then his def might not be enough to tank beams or his attack damage won't be enough to punch sphinxes, but if you multiply those values by 7 times then...
    Yep but that's impossible to generalize here since skills vary greatly in specifics and circumstance; not the sort of thing you can say is factored accurately into Tamamo's tails. Stats are easier because a-rank servant will generally have high stats, making for a clearer comparison. That's what's mostly referred to anyway.

Servants like Tristan are what I consider the average A-ranker. Gawain is on the higher-end, if not among the strongest.

when did waifu math become reputable argumentative elements again

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronove View Post
    Yep but that's impossible to generalize here since skills vary greatly in specifics and circumstance; not the sort of thing you can say is factored accurately into Tamamo's tails. Stats are easier because a-rank servant will generally have high stats, making for a clearer comparison. That's what's mostly referred to anyway.

Servants like Tristan are what I consider the average A-ranker. Gawain is on the higher-end, if not among the strongest.
    And I've been talking about stats from the beginning. Even the sphinx were being compared to 3 servants so why can't I use the same metric? Like, I started by saying even if she could handle the poison, the beasts and beamus will 1shot her due to her low defense as well as lacking firepower to kill them, so she won't win with 1 tail. But 3 tails simply raised her stats by 81 times compare to 1 tail, which to me is more than enough to tank beams and slay sphinxes.

The "high end A rank" are Gil and Karna, as Extra mats mentioned. Gawain is just A but probably high end A with sunbuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    when did waifu math become reputable argumentative elements again
    Since Nasu decided to use servant conversion math to evaluate power of those like Arc and Gil then went on to use it for Tamamo and Altera. And when it's already there, why can't it be used when we're simply talking about stats here? I mean, even the sphinx in the temple was being compared to servant.

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Didn't gawain call liz an A rank servant as well?

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    Didn't gawain call liz an A rank servant as well?
    B+ to A. Then Hakuno commented that it's already high-rank. Gawain didn't bother much cuz he's stronk tho.

祖 Ancestor
    And I've been talking about stats from the beginning. Even the sphinx were being compared to 3 servants so why can't I use the same metric? Like, I started by saying even if she could handle the poison, the beasts and beamus will 1shot her due to her low defense as well as lacking firepower to kill them, so she won't win with 1 tail. But 3 tails simply raised her stats by 81 times compare to 1 tail, which to me is more than enough to tank beams and slay sphinxes.
    Number of problems here.

3-tails having stats equal to 7 A-rank servant is fine. But how does that relate to being able to tank Dendera and slay numerous beasts? Who also have the same regen as Ozy, iirc? To begin with, which A rank servant do you know would be able to survive one of Ozy's beams head-on for you to make the leap that Tamamo would tank it? It took a 3CS Stella and Proto-Excalibur just to over power one and even those are beyond just about any servant's ability to tank, individually. Ozy can fire off multiple beams in succession at a cost.

Secondly, the quote doesn't make the distinction of which stat is being upgraded by how many times. It's a general power increase overall. We can't say that Tamamo will become exactly X times more durable proportionally to how much stronger she is than a single A-rank servant because the total value is spread between the whole of her abilities.

What I'm getting at is that there is much more to servants than who can flex the hardest. A general "stronger than 7 A-rank servants without NPs" is not the equivalent of being stronger than Ozy. It would if it meant he had to fight her on terms of stats, in which case she'd toss him to the sun.

Nasu cares too much for experience, skill and compatibility for arbitrary numerical values to work so well. Since you brought up Gil and Arc, I'd like to say that quote also proves the point

Q: Who is stronger, Gilgamesh or Arcueid (30%)? While Arcueid has the strength of 4 Servants, I remember there being a scene in hollow implying that Gil was the equivalent of 5 Servants + a.

A. In the definition of Arcueid's strength, there's this thing where "her output changes according to her opponent". As an absolute order taken from her backup, the planet, she is allowed only an output a little stronger than her opponent. And. Single entity abilities of Arc and Servants are roughly on the same level

Servants use their respective Noble Phantasms while Arc uses her unlimited backup to fight, and differences occur depending on affinity. A simple-is-best Arc is an all rounder, and so generally her chances of winning are only high, but there are those opponents that she just has helplessly awful compatibility with.

For example, in cases where even if the guy's stats are about the same as Arc, he has a ridiculously large number of weapons with high versatility. As the amount Arc is allowed to take out is based on "single entity ability", against types like Gil-sama, well, you see?

And the "5 Servants + a" line is a comparison of simple "firepower". Like with the "corpses", foot soldier level opponents aren't going to be avoiding their attacks, so the ones who'd have the advantage are the ones who have more weapons. The reason why Servants excellent at one-on-one combat didn't stand out in Broad Bridge was because of this. Also, for normal Arc, she would get approximately the equivalent of 2 Servants single entity stats.
    Not even including Arc. It is possible for Gilgamesh to be outmatched by less than 5 servants depending on who they are specifically. Conversely, firepower does not include the total of Ea's/GoB capabilities so Gil could potentially be stronger than 5 servants.
    Last edited by Ronove; July 1st, 2017 at 02:30 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Milbunk View Post
    If he was directed by a competent master his odds should increase greatly. I would also argue that cu alter stands a shot as well.
    i don't think the Master matters much considering
    1. The Master's not going to be there with Herc because Master would get killed in a few seconds
    2. Even if the Master is directing Herc, Master would be directing him through this giant AOG labyrinth temple complex RM. At that point I'd rather trust Herc's instincts than a magus's.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that everyone's gots remember that even Arthur, Bryn, and Arash didn't clear the Temple of Doom
    They gave up and blew it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.