Page 5765 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 4765526556655715575557605763576457655766576757705775581558656265 ... LastLast
Results 115,281 to 115,300 of 128225

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    yeah but you have to ask what he out-concepts lance with

because if its about being a tragic hero, it just means diarmuid is conceptually better at fucking in the both figurative and literal sense

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    oh wow count me wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    On the topic of Lancelot vs Diarmuid. Wasn't there an excerpt somewhere that say Diarmuid's legend was the prototype of Lancelot/Guinevere story so he'd get conceptual advantage against Lancelot ?
    not really
    A hero of the Fianna, spoken of in Irish mythology. The story of his tragic love affair with Grainne would later become the model for the story of Lancelot and Guinevere. It's no wonder that the Berserker of the Fourth Holy Grail War has such bad compatibility with him!
    it's more like
    lol since diarmuid is the prototype no wonder lance has bad compatability with him ala Gae Dearg
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

I'd love to be better at fucking than Lancelot

US Friend Code
    I'm pretty sure what that quote is talking about is how Daerg is like Lancers kryptonite.Snipe
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Wasn't Lance said to be the most skilled in the sword of the KotR? If Diarmuid can't outskill Arturia despite surprising her with his NP, he probably wouldn't be able to outskill Lance either.

If Diarmuid can't outskill Arturia despite surprising her with his NP, he probably wouldn't be able to outskill Lance either.
    If "can't outskill Artoria" means disabling her most powerful trump card and pretty much her fighting power for half the war until he voluntarily discard that advantage, then sure

I dont like either of them but people love to underrate Diarmuid and wank Lancelot lol

Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    If "can't outskill Artoria" means disabling her most powerful trump card and pretty much her fighting power for half the war until he voluntarily discard that advantage, then sure

I dont like either of them but people love to underrate Diarmuid and wank Lancelot lol
    End result, he had all the perfect conditions arraigned to take her head and she still managed to get away with what amounts to a scratch (if a particularly debilitating one). Even or better odds that she could have won the fight with that wound as well.
    I don't actually know much about what Saberlot can do, I'm simply scaling to what we did see.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    She would have lost that fight if it didn't get interrupted.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

End result, he had all the perfect conditions arraigned to take her head and she still managed to get away with what amounts to a scratch (if a particularly debilitating one)
    If the guy named Iskander doesn't exist she'd lost right there.

Even or better odds that she could have won the fight with that wound as well.
    No she cannot. She nearly got tentacle raped in the forest by Gilles of all people as well. That's how bad that wound is

And furthermore, most skilled =/= most powerful

Lancelot is more skilled than Artoria, but if you have to pick who's the stronger HS, Artoria beat him everytime

Yes, but that just means she could've just lolExcalibur'd Diarmuid in a straight-up fight. A battle between Lance and Di would end up being a battle of mostly skill, which he supposedly has more of than Arturia did.

Fair point about how badly her wound affected her re: tentacle horrors, but the person herself seemed pretty confident in her odds at the rematch, even with her voluntary handicap. So I'll stick to at least even odds.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; May 11th, 2018 at 03:08 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    She couldn't use Excalibur with that wound either.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    but the person herself seemed pretty confident in her odds at the rematch, even with her voluntary handicap. So I'll stick to at least even odds.
    Saber thinks she can take anyone. She thought she could take Herakles too and got ragdolled, and then Gilgamesh. There's a reason Shirou called her out for it during his "girls can't fight" phase.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Also she thought she could take Kojiro and was going to lose there too before the fight got interrupted. She only won in their rematch because Kojiro ran out of time and needed to rush.

tl;dr: girls really can't fight after all.

Kojiro lost because he used China fake sword

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    She couldn't use Excalibur with that wound either.

Saber thinks she can take anyone. She thought she could take Herakles too and got ragdolled, and then Gilgamesh. There's a reason Shirou called her out for it during his "girls can't fight" phase.
    She could have Excaliblasted him the moment they were done saying hi (again, in a straight up fight where she wouldn't need to worry about mana consumption or revealing her identity and whatnot).

Other than that, *shrug*
    Maybe, maybe not.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    You can't just treat the contenders as omniscient robots. She has a personality. She wouldn't open a fight with Excalibur. She'd inevitably get drawn into a duel with Lancer once they realize they're both honor fiends.

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    You can't just treat the contenders as omniscient robots. She has a personality. She wouldn't open a fight with Excalibur. She'd inevitably get drawn into a duel with Lancer once they realize they're both honor fiends.
    When in the context of a Vs thread, you have to consider both combatants as fighting at the fullest extent of their strength, regardless of whether they actually would do so. Otherwise you wind up with a whole lot of "they wouldn't want to fight and would rather just go out for beers".

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    When in the context of a vs thread, you have to consider both combatants as being both combatants, which includes fighting how they would actually fight, as they are not actually mathematical bots crashing against each other. Whenever they're brought up to Nasu, even, its usually pointed out "well here's how their methodology works, so..."

And, yes, in fact, there are a lot of vs that result in lol.

Yeah it's not like Diarmuid can just charge in and stab the shit out of Saber while she's charging the very obvious golden sword

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Whenever they're brought up to Nasu, even, its usually pointed out "well here's how their methodology works, so..."
    It's like that meme that Goku VS Thanos would just end with Goku giving him the Infinity Gauntlet so he could fight Thanos at full strength.