Page 5789 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 4789528956895739577957845787578857895790579157945799583958896289 ... LastLast
Results 115,761 to 115,780 of 128223

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    It's not just the length, it's the specificity. Rin's order was particularly bad because it was both general and supposed to last indefinitely. "Fight all the other Servants once, without killing them" still isn't an ideal use of a command spell, but at least it's a specific command of limited duration so it's going to have more punch.

And anyway, we already know for a fact that the command was a significant restraint on Lancer's fighting ability because it says so in the fight at the church in UBW.
    So was Rin's order. Enough so that Archer actually freed himself of Rin's control to get rid of that restraint.

I'd say Rin's shitty order + her ability was about the same as Kotomine's better order + his ability, lack of.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Take into account that Lancer uses Gae Bolg twice (if not more) during the don't kill the enemy servants period

Unless Lancer himself knows of his terrible luck, it doesnt seem like the CS had that large an effect. Unless a continuous command is harder to negate?
    It definitely affected him in his first Archer fight.

Blog Entries
    I have actually wondered if the more lancer fought the command spell the less effect it had on him, like he was draining away the magical energy that powered it as he went. It’s effect did seem weaker vs saber then Vs archer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    Take into account that Lancer uses Gae Bolg twice (if not more) during the don't kill the enemy servants period

Unless Lancer himself knows of his terrible luck, it doesnt seem like the CS had that large an effect. Unless a continuous command is harder to negate?
    Maybe the CS affected Gae Bolg as well. Saber stronkness might not have been the only reason she survived.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post

Lancer using Gae Bolg while under the CS has always been an odd hole, because even if the command isn't super specific that very clearly goes against it. Especially since none of the other Servants he fought died implying he didn't use it on them. Rider at least should've died given she was stuck with Shinji then. Maybe he's only allowed to try if it'll end up not killing them?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I have actually wondered if the more lancer fought the command spell the less effect it had on him, like he was draining away the magical energy that powered it as he went. It’s effect did seem weaker vs saber then Vs archer.
    I think it would have more of an effect on him if anything because the CS would have to pull harder.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Maybe the CS affected Gae Bolg as well. Saber stronkness might not have been the only reason she survived.
    Unlikely. Nasu was actually talking about that at one point. I remember because it cocked a few eyebrows. The specific factors that allowed saber to survive were her luck and her instincts.

It caused a pretty long conversation about how saber’s instincts were apparently good enough to intuit and react to an attack that fate itself had ruled undodgeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    yes, which he never does.
    Yes, he does. Against Enkidu, for starters, and even against Saber, he's much more cautious and dangerous, even if he is completely assured of his victory. Seriously, just compare the fight scenes between him and Shirou in UBW and against him and Saber in Fate.

Remember what I said about UBW, most of GoB would be focused on that. Whatever would get to Lancelot would be to few to care
    Those are some large assumptions there, Iceblade.

Him hating them doesn't mean he would take them seriously. That's not how Gil's mind works.
    It's not a matter of taking them seriously, it's a matter of "I'm not going to waste my time playing with you, lowlife".

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Yes, he does. Against Enkidu, for starters, and even against Saber, he's much more cautious and dangerous, even if he is completely assured of his victory. Seriously, just compare the fight scenes between him and Shirou in UBW and against him and Saber in Fate.
    You state Enkidu, the only person Gil even considers to be his equal? Of course he would get serious. He gets serious because Enkidu is the explicit exception. For a Servant to even get that level of reaction out of Gil requires an extraordinary level of circumstances by the Servants chatacter. Which from memory Gil has only ever expressed respect even close enough to that has been only Iskandar and Karna.

And his fights against Saber? He's not taking any of those seriously. He's having the time of his life messing with her. And I am taking those fights as how Gil fights Servants, not his fight against Emiya.

Those are some large assumptions there, Iceblade.
    Not really. UBW counters GoB by it's quicker firing rate, which means that if Emiya just focuses on support everything Gil can throw Emiya will copy that quicker then Gil can fire it, rendering it null. Whatever doesn't get automatically parried will not be of the amount of force needed to prove detrimental for Lancelot.

It's not a matter of taking them seriously, it's a matter of "I'm not going to waste my time playing with you, lowlife".
    I wouldn't think so. Gil is to sadistic to not express his frustration upon those that anger him while trying to humiliate them. Not necessarily mean him actually killing them quickly.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

I never really get the impression that Gil respect nor is cautious of Iskander strength. More like he respect the man Iskander is, but power wise Iskander was just hopelessly outmatched and Gil was completely in control.

And his fights against Saber? He's not taking any of those seriously.
    No, no, I'm sure he isn't. Withdrawing as needed, actually defending himself, fighting smartly, never once letting up with his GoB barrage...
    You have this strange idea that he's only fighting seriously if he's using Ea. Freeza didn't need to power up to 100% to decide "I'm done with this, I'm just going to blow up this planet and everyone in it".

祖 Ancestor
    Anderson vs. Helena

祖 Ancestor
    So was Rin's order. Enough so that Archer actually freed himself of Rin's control to get rid of that restraint.

I'd say Rin's shitty order + her ability was about the same as Kotomine's better order + his ability, lack of.
    Not much point comparing Lancer to anyone else when we have...Lancer to compare from. Look at his first fight against EMIYA, then compare with his second at the church. The difference is performance is pretty blatant.

US Friend Code
    No, no, I'm sure he isn't. Withdrawing as needed, actually defending himself, fighting smartly, never once letting up with his GoB barrage...
    You have this strange idea that he's only fighting seriously if he's using Ea. Freeza didn't need to power up to 100% to decide "I'm done with this, I'm just going to blow up this planet and everyone in it".
    No what I mean about Gil not fighting seriously doesn't mean he fights stupidly. What you are describing I'm already taking in account when Gil fights Servants, but that's it.

Constant GoB, countered by UBW.
    Gil's changing weapons in a melee and defending. Those while had him untouchable by Shirou!Saber isn't gonna be as effective against Lancelot. Not saying Lancelot is so good that he can just brush it off, but that it won't work as well as it did against a Saber capped by Shirou.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    I never really get the impression that Gil respect nor is cautious of Iskander strength. More like he respect the man Iskander is, but power wise Iskander was just hopelessly outmatched and Gil was completely in control.
    I don't think Iskandar is that outmatched in pure power and potential, just what he does have is very poor in terms of compatibility. Or poor in regards to Ea, because everything is a wimp against Ea. Going from how Iskandar was prepping for the fight, it seemed he thought that his army was capable of surviving against barrages against GoB and was expecting it, but not for the asspull that is Ea. I agree on why Gil respected Iskandar, to Gil no matter how strong you are you are all mongrels to him. Which is why Gil respected Iskandar not by strength but on personalty. Thinking about it, him respecting people just by ability only happened with Karna and just occurred to me Heracles as well, or at least a bit.

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Not really. UBW counters GoB by it's quicker firing rate, which means that if Emiya just focuses on support everything Gil can throw Emiya will copy that quicker then Gil can fire it, rendering it null. Whatever doesn't get automatically parried will not be of the amount of force needed to prove detrimental for Lancelot.
    You're only counting swords here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronove View Post
    Not much point comparing Lancer to anyone else when we have...Lancer to compare from. Look at his first fight against EMIYA, then compare with his second at the church. The difference is performance is pretty blatant.
    Even in the first, Emiya's being overpowered. He surprises Lancer once when he switches from swords to dual swords, but he still just goes from outclassed and getting disarmed all the time to completely outclassed.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

US Friend Code
    You're only counting swords here.
    Kinda but not really. UBW is expansive enough to include all types of weapons even if they are classified as swords. So it doesn't matter what spear, axes, frails. Or Whatever Gil has Emiya could still project it quickly enough.

anywhere than here

No, he couldn't. You can see it in how it takes him a lot more to project Rho Aias than, say, Caladbolg II.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I meant you're including only weaponry in Gil's vault. Gil could pull his Original Fifty Foot Statue Of Himself and launch it, and Emiya wouldn't have an immediate counter for it. He could pull Ea, or some other divine/unique/DRM-restricted-do-not-copy-or-original-lawyers-will-teabag-you construct Emiya would find it hard or impossible to replicate, he could pull his Caster version's staves and wands and blast away, he could grab a vehicle or the original Rule Breaker prototype and drop it on the floor to destroy the RM.

If he isn't restricted by his pride against what he sees as a pathetic human, he won't restrict himself like he did against Shirou.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

US Friend Code
    No, he couldn't. You can see it in how it takes him a lot more to project Rho Aias than, say, Caladbolg II.
    That's him projecting a shield, the furthest thing to a sword and had to keep pumping magical energy into it so it wouldn't break from a spear of instant death. Are they gonna be throwing shields at each other?

anywhere than here

Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    Anderson vs. Helena
    Hans Christian Andersen? Is there anything he can do against the laser beams from outer space?

That's him projecting a shield, the furthest thing to a sword and had to keep pumping magical energy into it so it wouldn't break from a spear of instant death. Are they gonna be throwing shields at each other?
    One of them could do so, the other couldn't. One of them, in fact, has a variety of defensive items in their vault, while the other doesn't.

US Friend Code
    I meant you're including only weaponry in Gil's vault. Gil could pull his Original Fifty Foot Statue Of Himself and launch it, and Emiya wouldn't have an immediate counter for it. He could pull Ea, or some other divine/unique/DRM-restricted-do-not-copy-or-original-lawyers-will-teabag-you construct Emiya would find it hard or impossible to replicate, he could pull his Caster version's staves and wands and blast away, he could grab a vehicle or the original Rule Breaker prototype and drop it on the floor to destroy the RM.

If he isn't restricted by his pride against what he sees as a pathetic human, he won't restrict himself like he did against Shirou.
    Yeah, but he doesn't ever pull any weapons other then swords when he fights. So I'm not taking it into consideration because Gil could very much pull out anything that would make him win instantly, but doesn't and just do sword spam.

Of course there is that thing that was teased in Link. I'm very curious on how that will effect things.

anywhere than here