Page 5826 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 4826532657265776581658215824582558265827582858315836587659266326 ... LastLast
Results 116,501 to 116,520 of 128225

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

Blog Entries
    "The story and all the mats say his entire body is immortal but I feel like it's just his skin so that's what I'll assume is true" okay gg bruh we're done here I guess

I mean, even if "its just skin" the spear can't actually get around it, in that instance his skin is basically a shield

And we know that a shield that overwhelms the magical energy of the lance blocks Gae Bolg anyway

so even if its just skin, it's not going to be enough

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by youcanthandlethetruth1992 View Post
    A cut from a sword is still a cut. Even with resistance, Herc can still die by it.
    The resistance stacks.
    THe more you hurt him, the more he resist it.
    At which point the cut would be insignificant to even cut him deep enough to actually hurt him, much less kill him.

She just cut his arm and then Rin jumped down. I might be wrong. But Im 75% sure.
    A weak Saber cut once on a unrestrained Berserker in the forest. Berserker also hit Saber before. Point is Herc can be beat by swordsmanship.
    I checked, and this doesnt happen. WHat happens is Saber swung the sword and it didnt even nick Herc.
    "Stop…!!"Saber slashes at Berserker.
    The invisible sword is swung at Berserker's defenseless arm as if chopping a vegetable.
    But it has no effect.
    The sword bounces back. Not only does it not hurt Berserker's arm, but it does not even loosen Berserker's grip on Tohsaka.
    "!"
    Saber didnt manage to cut him. As per the quote above, the slash by Saber didnt even manage to budge Herc even an inch.
    Herc cant by beaten by swordsmanship, because each A rank cut give him resistance. And the resistance stacks. The more you attack him, the more he would just heal it and increase his resistance against it.

Just retreat before you die. Live to fight again. That's all Im saying.
    This is detrimental because 2 reasons.
    1) the stacked resistance Herc obtained does not go away. Even if you retreat and heal yourself to fight him again, Herc's is still more resistance towards your attacks than he was before.
    2) the stock of regen God Hand has can be restored over time. So if you retreat to heal yourself, Herc does too.

SO if you retreat from first encounter to go back to full condition to fight Herc again in a second encounter, Herc is already stronger in second encounter than 1st encounter.

And that even assume your attacks that hurt Herc are all A rank and above.

But not immune. Getting pierce in the heart is all the same. You die. Same way 12 times. It's possible for Cu Chulainn.
    THe resistance stack. The heart pierce already less effective for the second time. Soon it will not be effective to even nick his heart. Much less kill him.
    It's resistance. It's just how I feel about it.
    What you feel is wrong.
    Last edited by castor212; June 15th, 2018 at 06:17 AM.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Also remember that if you try to live to fight another day against Herk his extra lives grow back.
    Herc lives doesnt regen. The wiki source it to fate route, day 11, intermission scene dawn in the ruins. It says it takes Herc 3 days to fully heal from fatal wounds, not lives.

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    to be more specific, until he regen.

this would not happen.

Any nick, no matter how small it is, even if it doesnt kill him, even if its A rank nick, grant him resistance.
    So "nicking Herc to death" is an impossible scenario because each nick gives him resistance against nicks.
    See, another cherry picking. Some says it's resistant after death, some says he gains resistance instantly. And I use the word nick to drive home a point. The point is that a cut, even with resistance can still cut. Herc can still die by swordsmanship.

untrue
    simply put, in most recent official info, GO mats, it is his whole body that becomes GH's robust armor, not just his skins
    even the VN said its the body and not just skins
    What's GO mats?

Quote Originally Posted by Clockehwork View Post
    He can. And he very explicitly can beat Herc by doing that. But it is not as simple as "Cu can beat Herc with runes gg". Cu needs to use runes to stand a chance against Herc, and with runes that is all he has. Not a win. Not a fair fight. Just a chance.
    I actually favour Cu Chulainn in this match up. He's efficient with mana, he's a survivor. He defends well. He's quick. With the curse, he can poke and run away.

All his projections suffer a rank down, you have to remember, and he can't make any EXs. He is much more limited in >B rank attacks than you think.
    What's EX? I just think UBW must have at least 12 NP. The Broken NP will bring the rank back up. He can just project 12 identical Broken NP anyway. He could have won, I still maintain.

Herc has to block or dodge is an A rank Broken NP is coming his way. That would give Archer space. Archer could win.
    Archer, on the other hand, has to:
    • take time to fill up a weapon with magical energy
    • find a relatively open area inside of a building
    • get far enough away from Herc (who is chasing him, and is faster than him) to be outside of the resulting blast radius
    • continue doing this repeatedly
    • not use up all his magical energy and kill himself in the process
    • do all of that while not being hit by the legendary hero who is much faster and more agile than him because one solid blow is all it takes to turn him into mush

Also Herc really doesn't. He can eat a BP to the face, he just has to avoid it if he wants to maintain his full stock of lives. Obviously he would want to do that, but even while maddened he is no fool and he can sacrifice a life to save the other 11.

A cut from a sword is still a cut. Even with resistance, Herc can still die by it.
    Theoretically, if it were a really serious cut, I suppose. But that would take a cut well outside of the capabilities of Emiya, who is neither that strong nor that skilled. He also might get more resistance with each cut, I don't know if it has been stated to be a one-time thing or he keeps getting more and more resistant.

I just feel like his heart is not A rank protected, only his skin and Gae Bolg circumvents the skin or even violates it. Just how I feel about it. But at least he can use runes so just agree to disagree.
    The thing is though that "I just feel like" is not an argument, especially not when you are debating against actual facts and statements from the work itself. Literally every sign points towards the heart being protected, including a statement from Nasu that all but confirms it outright. The only counter you have to abundant evidence against you is "I have a gut feeling".

Cool. Didnt know that. It's resistance, not immune. So how many can Excalibur take from Herc?
    Enough that Saber could have definitely won the war under a strong Master. I don't think there is a specific number given but I would assume she could knock off all twelve with a full power Excaliblast. King Arthur is on par with Heracles for a reason.

Blog Entries
    He also might get more resistance with each cut,
    he does. A Q&A confirmed it.

Blog Entries
    "DamnI know I destroyed his throat, but he's persistent. It doesn't seem like it's healed, so he must be drugged"

The enemy glides across the water like a spider, and Lancer pursues him.
    In contrast, water sprays from his footsteps, but his speed is far greater.

"…Hmph. If I'd known the pain wouldn't stop him, I would've cut his joints. I put that off since it doesn't work on other opponents, but"

It is fatal for a human body to be cut at the joint, where the main arteries lie.
    If the arteries are severed, death from severe bleeding will quickly follow.
    But that is only in normal combat.
    You cannot expect a Servant, a heroic spirit, to die from excessive bleeding.

As their lifeforce is magical energy, cutting their arteries does not have much effect.
    The loss of a limb is another story, but cutting off a Servant's limb is a difficult task.
    Doing so will likely cost you your own head in the process.
    It's not like you can nick a Servant to death anyway lol

Herc lives doesnt regen. The wiki source it to fate route, day 11, intermission scene dawn in the ruins. It says it takes Herc 3 days to fully heal from fatal wounds, not lives.
    Non-fatal damage can be healed within minutes, but the damage from multiple lives being taken, such as in the battle against Archer, requires three days to heal.[5] He is able to take each continuous assault from Gilgamesh, regenerate, and continue to move forward while his lives drain away.[14]

from the same wiki, unless you're doing some real weird stuff

also dont use the wiki, really

Blog Entries
    Herc lives doesnt regen.
    It does.
    Q: Berserker took no damage from Archer's A-rank Noble Phantasm "Broken Phantasm" (Caladbolg), is it ineffective due to Berserk's Noble Phantasm, or was he simply able to withstand it naturally? <Not Mr. Shanoa>

Nasu: Oh, that. In the original work it was like "Even though up until then none of the attacks had been worth dodging, this one would have been fatal, so Berserker counters → the resulting explosion from the Noble Phantasm is devastating." Yet in the anime version it was handled as "Berserker could not respond to it due to a severe injury from Saber → losing one of his lives, and regenerates," which may be something to think about. In all he lost 2 lives because of it.
    Takeuchi: Oh, so that's why God Hand in the anime version needed 3 days to recover!
    Also the wiki is wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Illya
    Wounds that are not fatal will be fully healed within few minutes.Butrestoring everything would take three days.
    Restoring the wounds takes matters of minutes.
    Restoring everything, including his whole lives, requires days.
    THis is inline with the anime material Q&A that said it took days to recover lost lives.
    And the anime also downright said that Herc's lives is recoverable.

See, another cherry picking. Some says it's resistant after death, some says he gains resistance instantly.
    I dont care about cherry picking done by others.
    Nasu: You don't have to die. For example... if you were to take fire damage, once you recover you would gain +100 resistance to fire.
    WHat I do is stick to what the material and interview said.

And I use the word nick to drive home a point. The point is that a cut, even with resistance can still cut. Herc can still die by swordsmanship.
    A cut when resisted with a resistance against cut becomes a not cut.
    Herc cant die by swordsmanship because there's only so much a swordsmanship can do before Herc's resistance is high enough to completely resist it.

Nasu said that
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasu
    I said it won't work, but I don't think I've ever said it'll be negated.
    It may not be a negation, but resist up is enough to make it not work to begin with.

What's GO mats?
    Fate Grand Order material, which only repeats what the VN already said, which is that Herc's whole body is his NP, not just his skins.
    Last edited by castor212; June 15th, 2018 at 06:34 AM.

Blog Entries
    Herc lives doesnt regen.
    Yes, they do. It's word of god, Illya's magical capacity is so unfairly big that God Hand can actually regenerate lives.

Herc lives do regen. Don't trust the wiki. It is explained in the anime iirc.

See, another cherry picking. Some says it's resistant after death, some says he gains resistance instantly.
    It is after he regens, regardless of death. Saying it was after he revives was my bad. "Once you recover you would gain +100 resistance" is the statement.

And I use the word nick to drive home a point. The point is that a cut, even with resistance can still cut. Herc can still die by swordsmanship.
    Until he has enough resistance that the cutting attack won't even break his skin anymore and just bounces off. Which, in most cases, will be as soon as you try to make the second hit.

I actually favour Cu Chulainn in this match up. He's efficient with mana, he's a survivor. He defends well. He's quick. With the curse, he can poke and run away.
    You favor the person explicitly said to have terrible odds.

What's EX? I just think UBW must have at least 12 NP. The Broken NP will bring the rank back up. He can just project 12 identical Broken NP anyway. He could have won, I still maintain.
    EX is the rank above A. UBW has plenty of NPs, but because of the rank drop they will almost all be B or lower. They can be broken to get the rank back, like with Caladbolg II, but that is not an instantaneous process. And if he projects 12 identical NPs and does the exact same attack with all of them, by the end Herc will absolutely just walk through them unharmed.
    Last edited by Clockehwork; June 15th, 2018 at 06:30 AM.

Blog Entries
    Nasu said
    Lancer can use his runes and Noble Phantasm together to temporarily raise the rank to A, but it'd still be a very disadvantageous fight but "one with some chances".
    Why would you favour a guy said to be very disadvantaged by the author him/herself

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I've never been 100% sure Herc can adapt to Gae Bolg with rune rank upbecause God Hand gives extra resistance while Gae Bolg always adjusts power above the opponents resistance, but for an actual fight it doesn't matter because Cu can't use Gae Bolg 12 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    I mean, even if "its just skin" the spear can't actually get around it, in that instance his skin is basically a shield

And we know that a shield that overwhelms the magical energy of the lance blocks Gae Bolg anyway

Actually, if it were just his skin it could go through his mouth to the heart.

Be awkward as fuck for Cu tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post

I just feels like the curse circumvents the skin. Remember it zig zags on Saber. I like to think it pierces the skin beco the law requires it. But it can enter thru the mouth. If the whole body is resistant, well then the lance just pierce it as required by the curse. Its just how I like to imagine it, ok? It's ok to disagree, ok?

The resistance stacks.
    THe more you hurt him, the more he resist it.
    At which point the cut would be insignificant to even cut him deep enough to actually hurt him, much less kill him.

I checked, and this doesnt happen. WHat happens is Saber swung the sword and it didnt even nick Herc.

Saber didnt manage to cut him. As per the quote above, the slash by Saber didnt even manage to budge Herc even an inch.
    Herc cant by beaten by swordsmanship, because each cut give him resistance. And the resistance stacks. The more you attack him, the more he would just heal it and increase his resistance against it.

This is detrimental because 2 reasons.
    1) the stacked resistance Herc obtained does not go away. Even if you retreat and heal yourself to fight him again, Herc's is still more resistance towards your attacks than he was before.
    2) the stock of regen God Hand has can be restored over time. So if you retreat to heal yourself, Herc does too.

SO if you retreat from first encounter to go back to full condition to fight Herc again in a second encounter, Herc is already stronger in second encounter than 1st encounter.

And that even assume your attacks that hurt Herc are all A rank and above.

THe resistance stack. The heart pierce already less effective for the second time. Soon it will not be effective to even nick his heart. Much less kill him.

What you feel is wrong.
    Yea, I got confused by the intermission scene with Herc's broken body. Saber didnt cut Herc. He blocked it. And he was rooted on the ground but was pushed back by Saber, alright? Saber cant move him an inch? No, I disagree. It was Rin that shredded his arm.

You cant say Herc will get resistance until the weapon has close to nil effect. You're basically saying resistance becomes immunity. As long as you have the mana to surge thru, you can kill Herc with swordsmanship. A swing is still a swing. Clearly when Nasu said Herc can still be damaged by fire, he's giving us a chance. No amount of resistance should reach immunity level.

There's a lot of cherry picking Herc's immunity. He shouldnt be gaining resistance until he's dead. And Herc cant regen lives. The wiki is wrong. Herc lost to Archer in swordsmanship. He most probably lose to Saber in swordsmanship. So to me, it doesnt matter he gains resistance. They can kill him.

Blog Entries
    It's ok to disagree, ok?
    It's not a disagreement you're just fucking wrong

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    It does pierce the skin because the causality reversal requires it, but God Hand is a superior curse to Gae Bolg and would stop it.

Archer, on the other hand, has to:
    • take time to fill up a weapon with magical energy
    • find a relatively open area inside of a building
    • get far enough away from Herc (who is chasing him, and is faster than him) to be outside of the resulting blast radius
    • continue doing this repeatedly
    • not use up all his magical energy and kill himself in the process
    • do all of that while not being hit by the legendary hero who is much faster and more agile than him because one solid blow is all it takes to turn him into mush

Also Herc really doesn't. He can eat a BP to the face, he just has to avoid it if he wants to maintain his full stock of lives. Obviously he would want to do that, but even while maddened he is no fool and he can sacrifice a life to save the other 11.

Theoretically, if it were a really serious cut, I suppose. But that would take a cut well outside of the capabilities of Emiya, who is neither that strong nor that skilled. He also might get more resistance with each cut, I don't know if it has been stated to be a one-time thing or he keeps getting more and more resistant.

The thing is though that "I just feel like" is not an argument, especially not when you are debating against actual facts and statements from the work itself. Literally every sign points towards the heart being protected, including a statement from Nasu that all but confirms it outright. The only counter you have to abundant evidence against you is "I have a gut feeling".

Enough that Saber could have definitely won the war under a strong Master. I don't think there is a specific number given but I would assume she could knock off all twelve with a full power Excaliblast. King Arthur is on par with Heracles for a reason.
    I know, it's just what I feel, alright? It makes me happy. I put the Archer Herc match up inside UBW. Archer can trace weapons instantly, faster than Gil in UBW. It's a flat surface. Just backpedal while spamming NP. If Herc eats one to the face, then he stops for a bit. Unless you're thinking as an arm coming down. Archer can work it out. They all can work it out, but it should be advantage to Archer, but he has to die for the story.

Its just how I like to imagine it, ok? It's ok to disagree, ok?
    I mean, if you're going to stick to your headcanon even when everyone tells you you're wrong, then why start this discussion?

Blog Entries
    And Herc cant regen lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Complete Material 3, Hercules' Profile
    A blessing of the gods upon Heracles, as well as a curse. This Noble Phantasm represents the hero's immortality. It does not have a tangible form such as a weapon or armor, but one could call the body itself the Noble Phantasm. Twelve Labors turns one's body into unyielding armor, and nullifies all attacks of rank B or lower, whether physical or magical. It also has the effect of automatic resurrection after death. Because the resurrection effect has 11 uses, Heracles cannot perish unless killed 12 times. In addition, due to Illya’s immense magical energy, given enough time, the lives lost can also be regenerated.

Blog Entries
    Yea, I got confused by the intermission scene with Herc's broken body. Saber didnt cut Herc. He blocked it. And he was rooted on the ground but was pushed back by Saber, alright? Saber cant move him an inch? No, I disagree. It was Rin that shredded his arm.
    this also doesnt happen. Rin had to uses a bunch of jewel to amass enough power to blow Herc's head, not his arms, and even then Herc still did not let go.
    He did not get pushed by Saber. It was Saber that got pushed from the ferocity of Herc's attacks.

You cant say Herc will get resistance until the weapon has close to nil effect.
    I can because thats what Nasu said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasu
    God Hand has the ability to make Berserker's body resist against an attack after it has been damaged once by the said attack.
    I said it won't work, but I don't think I've ever said it'll be negated.
    Its not complete negation, but it wont work.
    I only repeat what the author has to say about it.

A swing is still a swing.
    A swing when resisted becomes a swing that does no damage.

Clearly when Nasu said Herc can still be damaged by fire
    He never said that.
    In fact, on the very same Q&A he said that resistance makes attacks that it resisted becomes ineffective (効かなくなる)
    So yeah, the resistance, for all sense and purpose, is the same in effect as immunity. It's just the mechanism thats different.

There's a lot of cherry picking Herc's immunity. He shouldnt be gaining resistance until he's dead. And Herc cant regen lives. The wiki is wrong. Herc lost to Archer in swordsmanship. He most probably lose to Saber in swordsmanship.
    Its not cherry picking if its backd up by official material.
    Nothing ever said he gained resistance only after dead. THe materials downright said its resist up after taking damage.
    Herc can regen lives. THe materials and anime downright said he can.
    Launching your sword ala projectile is not swordsmanship.
    Saber does have the high level technique in swordsmanship. But physical parameter is a thing.

So to me, it doesnt matter he gains resistance. They can kill him.
    I mean ok, you can think that, but you're factually wrong. Just saying.
    Last edited by castor212; June 15th, 2018 at 06:58 AM.