Page 5873 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 4873537357735823586358685871587258735874587558785883592359736373 ... LastLast
Results 117,441 to 117,460 of 128222

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Bedi never beat sun-buffed Gawain, he fought him for a bit with the help of Mash and escaped. They made a point that they needed Gramps to handle Gawain.

Siegfried is obviously superior to Bedivere, especially the living one. So it depends on whether you think he can finish it in three minutes.

US Friend Code
    KH didn't beat Gawain. He stalled him. The party still had to deal with him later and they manage to beat him
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Hmmm... That would be a good fight, actually. My gut feeling is that Bedivere wouldn't defeat "Siegfried" directly, but would hold him off long enough for the transformation to run out - but then he would die from overusing Airgetlam.
    Of course, Sieg!fried has an immense advantage over Bedivere in that he can use one of the Dead Count seals to boost himself. If the situation was one that required him to do so, I'd say Sieg!fried would win.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Solomon that isn’t fake grand Goetia is actually something we know nothing about in terms of capabilities beyond obviously he can cast magic and cheat moksha.

Karl is a more than a few steps above everyone else so he bullies hard.

George is really hard to kill but he’s also a servant that has to chain two NPs to hurt someone while having an absolutely abysmal mana stat.

Jeanne can mutual kill some of them.

David probably gets beaten up by people stronger than him. You can’t try to steal NPs if you’re dead.

actually no wait Martha can probably just wrestle everyone if that’s allowed.
    David doesn't just have stealing weapons as a gimmick. His Slings main thing is that it automatically incapciatates who ever gets hit by it regardless of strength. He is the original underdog, him not being able to beat people stronger then him kinda runs counter to the themes of the goliath fight after all, him robbing his opponent is just a bonus. Also while the Ark is kinda useless he does have his 2nd Noble Phantasm which should provide some much needed pure firepower when he needs it.

Also David actually has some chances against Martha considering his divinity protects him from sacrament bases on Christ which I guess most of her prayer attacks would be based on. Plus range so goodbye wrestling

Also I don't think George will have that much of a problem with using his NPs just because of his stat. Cu can use Gae Bolg 7 times and his is E. Ascalon's protection is mostly passive and he normally chains Interfectem Draconis with it anyway and I don't see that adding much to it. Overall tho because of Bayard George really has a good chance of winning since that allows him to survive any of these guys trump cards but only one. Given his defensive abilities he can likely survive it until the end game where he can use it.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by 8000 View Post
    Bedi never beat sun-buffed Gawain, he fought him for a bit with the help of Mash and escaped. They made a point that they needed Gramps to handle Gawain.

Siegfried is obviously superior to Bedivere, especially the living one. So it depends on whether you think he can finish it in three minutes.
    That's what I was thinking, it basically comes down to if Bedivere can run out the timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    KH didn't beat Gawain. He stalled him. The party still had to deal with him later and they manage to beat him
    That very scene pretty much says that the only reason why KH never beats Gawain is because he only kills when the evening bell tells him to do it, and it wasn't the case. Even Gawain says that KH is at the very least as strong as the Lion King.

祖 Ancestor
    Quote Originally Posted by yokushi View Post
    That very scene pretty much says that the only reason why KH never beats Gawain is because he only kills when the evening bell tells him to do it, and it wasn't the case. Even Gawain says that KH is at the very least as strong as the Lion King.
    IB never said KH couldn't beat Gawain if he wanted to do, he said KH didn't.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Isn’t that like saying Gae Bolg can curse people and blow everyone up by itself.
    No because the Gae Bolg and thrown Gae Bolg are just separate NPs. Ascalon, Interfectum and Abyssus are also separate NPs, but Ascalon has the ability to take on their abilities unto itself, which is why it turns enemies into dragons in FGO despite that being Abyssus' effect.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Im p sure matts said its just GO gameplay and not actual lore
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    In before the obligatory "gameplay is deepest lore" post.

Gameplay tries to be lore

But jokes are the real lore

Blog Entries
    And the gameplay is a joke
    We’ve come full circle

Since when was Cu’s mana E. Since when did you read C as E?

Also like one of Bolg’s curse’s selling points is how ridiculously efficient it is. Even if we say it’s GB tier that’s far from too cheap when you have to stack them with a worse mana stat.

As for David his main np incapacitates people. Generally an NP when it’s successful should kill or incapacitate someone/win you the fight. Sacrifice isn’t bad and David is overall ok but I don’t see how he’s suppose to really be able to fight Karl.

Meanwhile Martha again can legitimately beat everyone up, or dump a tarrasque on them.How scary.
    Last edited by Menwearpink; July 17th, 2018 at 02:50 AM.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    A dragon would not be not all that scary to Georgios, just sayin'.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    They were inside when they beat Gawain so no buff. Assuming Gawain is a plant not a clock, and based on how numeral is treated in the actual story I say he's a plant.

JP Friend Code
    Couldn't David Hamesh Avanim that giant Tarasque? It's basically a goliath.

Also George's "You are a dragon" plus "you can't kill me, I have a magical horse" would make him matches easier.
    "When this world is mine, it will truly be peaceful."

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Noble Phantasms
    Ascalon
    Blessed Sword That Destroys Force

Type: Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm
    Range: 1
    Maximum Amount of Targets: 1
    A holy sword which keeps malice and spite away from the bearer. If the implication is that it also protects against any sort of enemy then there is no doubt it is a sword that boasts invincibility. Also, it can be granted the draconic attributes from other Noble Phantasms.

Abyssus Draconis
    Thou Shalt a Dragon Become

Type: Anti-Army Noble Phantasm
    Range: 1~99
    Maximum Amount of Targets: 1000 people
    A surcoat with a red cross (Saint George Cross) depicted on it or a palladium (A mantle and overcoat one attaches over their armor). Establishing whether the target is good or evil, it temporary transforms the target into dragon-kind.
    (This Noble Phantasm was not used in Fate GO but the ability was granted to the aforementioned Blessed Sword That Destroys Force.)

Interfectum Dracones
    Dragon Slayer

Type: Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm
    Range: 1~10
    Maximum Amount of Targets: 1 person
    Another form of Ascalon, or rather a Noble Phantasm invoked through a combination of Ascalon’s power and Georgius’ power as a dragon slaying saint. Does large damage against dragon kind.
    At close range it takes the form of a sword slash, but at long range the sword shoots what takes the form of a javelin of light which pierces the opponent.
    (This Noble Phantasm was not used in Fate GO but the ability was granted to the aforementioned Blessed Sword That Destroys Force.)

Seems to me like it just has that ability and that's why it happens in gameplay.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    id disagree, cuz for me personally its just as much gameplay value as "this noble phantasm is not being utilized in FGO"

but thats me
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    It's only gameplay value if that statement is in brackets, which I mostly ignore. You can tell if it's lore related just by a case-by-case basis (and not being in brackets), like Ishtar's Bull of Heaven, which we know the (heavily-implied) circumstances of why she can't use it in FGO.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 8000 View Post
    They were inside when they beat Gawain so no buff.
    (psst, Nightless was still active)