Page 5935 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 493554355835588559255930593359345935593659375940594559856035 ... LastLast
Results 118,681 to 118,700 of 128225

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    So like a Protection of Arrows (False) Rank C?
    Something like that.

Bronze Saints (Silver Saints Arc) vs Berserker (w/Illya)

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by 8000 View Post
    Something like that.
    Except all the skills she gives herself is from B to A rank. It's not merely quantity of skills but also quality

- - - Updated - - -

Scath can probably give herself some form of Protection from Arrows, but I don't think it would be as good as Cu's at least.
    It would, as I said. Skills between A and B. Even if it's not A it will still be high enough
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Except all the skills she gives herself is from B to A rank. It's not merely quantity of skills but also quality

- - - Updated - - -

It would, as I said. Skills between A and B. Even if it's not A it will still be high enough
    I see. Scathach seems to be quite the badass. I have heard that she's not that impressive statistically or in Extella. Why's that?

JP Friend Code
    It’s because she’s only good for bringing in horny otaku bucks and nothing else

JP Friend Code
    591286971/Lead
    For the "unique skills" thing, Chiron's Wisdom skill has the same caveat of not being able to copy them, but then Apo Mats mentions that examples of "unique skills" are Imperial Privilege and Pioneer of the Stars, both of which multiple Servants have.

So the definition of "unique skills", assuming Sca and Chiron have the same definition, doesn't seem to actually mean "unique to a specific Heroic Spirit" like, say, Numeral of the Saint or something.

JP Friend Code
    Unique skills are like Die for Me! in SMT, non-unique skills are like Agilao and thos alike in SMT.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeadDemon View Post
    For the "unique skills" thing, Chiron's Wisdom skill has the same caveat of not being able to copy them, but then Apo Mats mentions that examples of "unique skills" are Imperial Privilege and Pioneer of the Stars, both of which multiple Servants have.

So the definition of "unique skills", assuming Sca and Chiron have the same definition, doesn't seem to actually mean "unique to a specific Heroic Spirit" like, say, Numeral of the Saint or something.
    My guess would be that "unique Skills" are any that are only given to a Servant because of their particular role in history, rather than a specific talent or ability they had that could theoretically be learnt and/or copied. Pioneer Of The Stars is "I changed history" and Imperial Privilege is "I'm a ruler so awesome whatever I say goes". If you don't meet those criteria then you can't recreate the Skill, no matter what your natural abilities are.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I see. Scathach seems to be quite the badass. I have heard that she's not that impressive statistically or in Extella. Why's that?
    You know how Gil's a king, not a fighter?

well scathach's a pole dancer, not a lancer
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

ayylmao

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post

excuse me, its Void Shiki that's the pole dancer

Shots fired.

Gonna need a grail for that one.

excuse me, its Void Shiki that's the pole dancer
    No, no. She's already got a sword. Why need a pole as well?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Apo Mats
    However, these skills are based on the techniques of Greece’s mythic era, and as such Chiron cannot acquire skills developed in another time and place.
    Huh, Chiron can't teach people capoeira RIP
    canon finish apo vol 3

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    To hang her laundry on, duh.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

US Friend Code
    I don't think unique literally means only one person has it. It can still be unique if it's restricted to a small enough group.

Then again, as of GO most skills are personalized, so I don't know actually...
    A lot of skills are personalized yes, but it tends to be more general then you think. Unless a skill is explicity noted to be highly personalized to a HS, and it's description is still one that is general then it's not unique. PoA isn't unique since both Tota and Cu has it and their highly different. Not to mention Emiya Alter also has it as well but it's more specialized. That doesn't feel unique to me.
    - - - Updated - - -

It depends on how you interpret divine blessing I suppose, if it's something Cu could acquire because of divine heritage or if there's actually a god actively imposing the blessing upon him. The former is more likely upon reflection.

I don't think PfA can be taught though, at least not at the level Cu has. I think there's definitely an element of projectiles straight up being forced to miss, the way the VN described it Cu shouldn't have been able to block them all just swinging around his spear, and that some of them did get through the gaps in his swings. That implies it makes at least a few projectiles miss.
    No he blocked everyone. That is what the VN said. Even if it wasn't possible he blocked them all with his spear. There is no special barrier. Later in the VN it explained how PfoA worked. Air pressure and killing intent. If it was a Divine Protection where they just missed on principle it wouldn't say that Cu must have visual for the Skill to work

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LeadDemon View Post

No I think Numeral of the Saint is still a unique skill
    No one but Gawain can have it, that's it. Imperial Privilege is unique because only Emperors can have it, Pionner because only World-Changers can have it. That's how it works. The Wisdom skill says all skills can be gained except those that are paticualar to certain heroes. To be paticualar has it that anyone else having the skill wouldn't make sense or something like that.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    No I think Numeral of the Saint is still a unique skill
    No one but Gawain can have it, that's it. Imperial Privilege is unique because only Emperors can have it, Pionner because only World-Changers can have it. That's how it works. The Wisdom skill says all skills can be gained except those that are paticualar to certain heroes. To be paticualar has it that anyone else having the skill wouldn't make sense or something like that.
    Wait. Numeral of the Saint ISN'T linked directly to wielding Excalibur Galatine? I thought it was, and thus any wielder of the sword had it?

It's linked directly to Gawain. It goes back to the actual Arthurian legends (for once) that Gawain really did get stronger around noontime. It comes into play when he fights Morholt, the guy who stabs Tristan, who has basically his own version of Numeral but for dusk.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    It's linked directly to Gawain. It goes back to the actual Arthurian legends (for once) that Gawain really did get stronger around noontime. It comes into play when he fights Morholt, the guy who stabs Tristan, who has basically his own version of Numeral but for dusk.
    Oh. Did not know that. But does Excalibur Galatine give its own sun boost or no?