Page 5969 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 496954695869591959595964596759685969597059715974597960196069 ... LastLast
Results 119,361 to 119,380 of 128224

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Has this matchup ever been floated? Rin v Kiritsugu, no Jewelled Sword.

Blog Entries
    Kiritsugu beat kotomine

kotomine beats rin

kiritsugu is a magus Hunter.

match is a wee bit lopsided
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Kiritsugu beat kotomine

kotomine beats rin

kiritsugu is a magus Hunter.

match is a wee bit lopsided
    True, but transitive property isn't super exact in this scenario. Ultimately, it'd be decided by the Contender and the experience differential. I do think Rin could put up a decent fight though, even if she'd get outgambitted in the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I thought it was stated that Kotomine only beats Rin because he can pick at her psychological weaknesses really well.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I imagine it would go similarly to Rin vs. Kotomine: Rin is a much better magus than Kiritsugu and has the greater firepower, but Kiritsugu would probably beat her thanks to his skills and experience.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    I imagine it would go similarly to Rin vs. Kotomine: Rin is a much better magus than Kiritsugu and has the greater firepower, but Kiritsugu would probably beat her thanks to his skills and experience.
    Yeah, I think so too. Speaking of Kiritsugu matchups, how do you guys think Zero!Kiritsugu vs post-UBW Shirou would shake down?

Shirou finds his long dead father figure

and gets shot

you're cruel aren't you

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Origin round hits projected sword. If projected sword is still being projected, Shirou is now avocado. If not, machine gun swords versus actual machine gun.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

A little, but I'm also confident that Shirou could avoid getting immediately shot. That, and it would probably turn into another battle of ideals.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Mahou shoujo Illya versus Abigail Williams
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    This seems to be exactly the kind of plot where the MC turns the villain to the good side with the power of friendship
    Magical Girl of Omniscience and Gateways, Sut☆Typhon☆Abi-chan!

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Origin round hits projected sword. If projected sword is still being projected, Shirou is now avocado. If not, machine gun swords versus actual machine gun.
    But could Rho Aias block an origin round? That, and do Origin Rounds even dissipate magical constructs because I'm not so sure they do. I'm pretty sure Kayneth was hit more because either Kiritsugu shot through an opening in his defense or Kayneth spread it too thin, not because Volumen Hydrargum was nullified.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    A little, but I'm also confident that Shirou could avoid getting immediately shot. That, and it would probably turn into another battle of ideals.
    He'd avoid getting shot for at best 3 Minutes, then Kerry would do something unfathomably assholish and set Shirou off.

Then Kerry would shoot him because Guns>Swords (unless you have someone like Saber who can parry Machine Gun fire holding them)

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    But could Rho Aias block an origin round? That, and do Origin Rounds even dissipate magical constructs because I'm not so sure they do. I'm pretty sure Kayneth was hit more because either Kiritsugu shot through an opening in his defense or Kayneth spread it too thin, not because Volumen Hydrargum was nullified.
    The first time Kayneth was successfully shot was because he made Volumen too thin to block the big dick rifle bullet from the Contender.

The second time Kayneth was successfully shot was because his Mystic Code hooked to his circuits got hit by an Origin Bullet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    The first time Kayneth was successfully shot was because he made Volumen too thin to block the big dick rifle bullet from the Contender.

The second time Kayneth was successfully shot was because his Mystic Code hooked to his circuits got hit by an Origin Bullet.
    Yeah, that's what I thought, and thus Rho Aias could actually block an Origin Bullet, and so could particularly sturdy projections.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    He'd avoid getting shot for at best 3 Minutes, then Kerry would do something unfathomably assholish and set Shirou off.

Then Kerry would shoot him because Guns>Swords (unless you have someone like Saber who can parry Machine Gun fire holding them)
    Shirou can fire swords at the same speed as GoB, which definitely is faster than the average machine gun, let alone the Contender.

That, and post-UBW Shirou, or any Shirou really post-FSN, is superior to Kiritsugu in speed, power, and reflexes.

Unless he gets magical back up, I don't think Shirou can use UBW yet
    cmiiw

Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    Unless he gets magical back up, I don't think Shirou can use UBW yet
    cmiiw
    Can't he still launch weapons from his RM without actually casting it? Also, is his contract with Rin transitory or on a permanent basis?

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Actually I think Shirou wouldn’t get that hurt by an Origin round, his circuits will still go crap but he won’t be that much damage. The damage from the bullet depends on the number of circuits which Shirou doesn’t have a lot. To us Nasu’s quote

.Nasu: To use an RPG analogy, the Origin Round is like an attack that converts the opponent's MP into damage. For example, Kayneth with his 3000 MP would receive 3000 damage against his mere 100 HP. For someone like Waver with 5 MP, he would only receive 5 damage against his 50 HP.
    Last edited by Iceblade44; September 2nd, 2018 at 05:42 PM.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    That, and post-UBW Shirou, or any Shirou really post-FSN, is superior to Kiritsugu in speed, power, and reflexes.
    Shirou has poor-to-passable reinforcement Magic, Kerry has Time Alter, he's definitely the faster of the two, and Shirou has no passive way to shrug off a Bullet- Unless of Course this is post UBW Good and Saber is with him, but then it just becomes Saber VS Kerry which... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Actually I think Shirou wouldn’t get that hurt by an Origin round, his circuits will still go crap but he won’t be that damage. The damage from the bullet depends on the number of circuits which Shirou doesn’t have a lot. To us Nasu’s quote
    Shirou's circuit count is actually quite a bit for a first generation, but they're of only average quality at best. 27 is a pretty high number considering Rin has 50 not counting her crest. Note that I'm not necessarily contradicting you here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Shirou has poor-to-passable reinforcement Magic, Kerry has Time Alter, he's definitely the faster of the two, and Shirou has no passive way to shrug off a Bullet- Unless of Course this is post UBW Good and Saber is with him, but then it just becomes Saber VS Kerry which... lol
    Right, I did forget about Time Alter, but even then, that takes a toll on Kiritsugu. Also, I was thinking post-UBW True. Also, when I said Shirou was faster, I was thinking more raw speed.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Kiritsugu simply shoots Rin. She doesn't have feats to avoid continuous machine gun fire.

I'm not sure where the Shirou vs Kiritsugu started from. Kiritsugu gets wrecked if Shirou has his contract with Rin. Shirou should still have a good chance without the contract, but it's kinda hard to argue whether lasting less than a minute against amped Kuzuki gives him the speed to avoid machine gun spam. Shirou did get better after fighting Archer, but we don't really know how much.

Blog Entries
    We do know that even post war shirou would get curb stomped by bazett. Actually so would rin. Magus Hunter affinity means a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.